PDA

View Full Version : Warrior on a budge of 900p

porigromus
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I want to start a warrior. I love to tank and I am going to be a troll. I know people will say ogres are the best but I don't care, I want troll!

I know they are gear dependent and I will not be able to twink much because I only have 900p. What would you recommended someone purchase if they are on a budget of 900p for their new warrior? My first thought was obsidian shards but I don't know what else?

Any suggestions. :)

Hamahakki
08-16-2011, 07:31 PM
- Two Obsidian Shards 400pp
- Full suit of large banded 100pp
- Two Platinum Fire Wedding Rings 450pp
- Two Golden Topaz Earrings 30pp

Longer term stuff...

- Weapons which do more damage than Obsidian Shards for when you are not tanking (solo, duo kiting, grouping with another war, etc)
- Turn your banded into Crafted, Cobalt, or other upgrades.
- Jboots
- Haste (probably FBSS)

porigromus
08-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the information, I got a few tells in game that I should play a SK or a Paladin. Warrior is what I want, I am prepared for a tough time and having no plat. Hopefully I will find a guild that has room for a tank in groups. Until then it will be LFG and the hard road!

Troll warrior class/race I want to play, I did think about leveling a solo class for plat and I did try a few classes up into their 20s because I was afraid the warrior may be too tough. In the end I guess it is better to play what you want.

Slave
08-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I would just forget about the large banded straight off. Nobody makes it, because it has to be done in Oggok...

Viik's Dark Defender: 50pp
Kunzar Ku'juch: 100pp
2x Platinum Fire Wedding Rings: 450pp
2x Golden Amber Earrings: 40pp

I just can't get around it; that large banded is going to add a ton of AC for practically no money. The problem is that you're going to be searching for someone to make it for longer than it's worth in platinum. Offer 150?

porigromus
08-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Maybe there is a warrior out there that has gotten all the use out of his banded willing to sell? :) If anyone reads this let me know if you have any of these items to help a lowbie warrior out. I have plat, not asking for handouts.

Felwithemagi
08-16-2011, 08:17 PM
I see large banded for sale by the set in EC. I also see the porting druid/wiz making armor on demand, 1PP/AC.

Toehammer
08-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Maybe there is a warrior out there that has gotten all the use out of his banded willing to sell? :) If anyone reads this let me know if you have any of these items to help a lowbie warrior out. I have plat, not asking for handouts.

I have some stuff literally collecting dust, full suit of large bronze/banded mix, on my level 10 warrior. Since you don't want handouts, how about 1pp for the lot? :D

Also, large bronze is great till mid 20s, just get some killer weapons for now and some plat fire wedding rings. Some things proc really early, like whip of strangulation, lvl 10 i think

also polished granite tomahawk will serve you will till your 20s, it sorta functions like a heal if it procs multiple times, which allows you to solo if you can't find a group

Knuckle
08-16-2011, 10:01 PM
- Full suit of large banded 100pp
- Two Platinum Fire Wedding Rings 450pp
- Two Golden Topaz Earrings 30pp

Longer term stuff...

- Weapons which do more damage than Obsidian Shards for when you are not tanking (solo, duo kiting, grouping with another war, etc)
- Turn your banded into Crafted, Cobalt, or other upgrades.
- Jboots
- Haste (probably FBSS)

are you retarded he said 900pp...

My advice is to sit in EC and resell those shitty obsidian shards for enough money to buy something worth trading and flip some pixels in ec untill u can get some real gear cuz u literally cant solo as a warrior and groups are hard to come by, this server is about half as populated as live.

Hamahakki
08-16-2011, 10:06 PM
are you retarded he said 900pp...

My list adds up to 980pp so sue me

Kevlar
08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
You want a weapon that does at least 15 dmg for lower levels, dmg cap is around 30 I believe. Dly not too important but obviously the faster the better.

Once dmg cap is off get a sarnak battlehammer or whatever. Pretty cheap cause its war only 30/40. Nice cheap dps weapon.

Wizerud
08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
The 5ac 55hp rings are nice but for about 200pp/pair less you can always just get the 4ac 45hp rings. Put the 200pp towards better weapons. There's a lot of good cheap stuff, maybe a Green Jade Broadsword for 400-500pp.

baub
08-17-2011, 02:31 AM
i'd say buy some jewelry and pm me your character's name.

i have some crafted thats been collecting dust for over 6 months now along with maybe a yak club or two

all i ask is that you meet me around ec ;p

porigromus
08-17-2011, 07:38 AM
i'd say buy some jewelry and pm me your character's name.

i have some crafted thats been collecting dust for over 6 months now along with maybe a yak club or two

all i ask is that you meet me around ec ;p

Thank you Baub, I sent you a private message. My warrior's name is Mokfarg, see you soon!

azeth
08-17-2011, 08:34 AM

Indeed.

Dr4z3r
08-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Troll warrior class/race I want to play, I did think about leveling a solo class for plat and I did try a few classes up into their 20s because I was afraid the warrior may be too tough. In the end I guess it is better to play what you want.

That absolutely is the way to go!

Gear recommendations are pretty spot-on so far. If you take the time to level up in EC, not only can you easily hang around waiting for a good deal on weapons/whatever, you can also grab buffs like a damage shield and/or summoned weapons from higher-levels hanging out in the tunnel.