PDA

View Full Version : Iphone + rdp app = eq on the go?

Brawk
08-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Anyone ever try this? Curious if even possible over 3G.

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin
08-16-2011, 02:23 PM
It'd probably be REALLY painful.. I can RDP into my home PC and get into EQ, but I've got to look at the ground and can really only talk to people. Too much movement/screen activity and the RDP connection drops.

Can't imagine it'd be much better on a phone, but if you can pull it off, more power to ya.

I'd say you should just go all out and figure out a way to install EQ on your phone :P

Razdeline
08-16-2011, 02:24 PM
There is a video on youtube of someone doing it, it is possible with remote desktop, but I hear it isnt good unless the phone is overclocked, connected to wifi, or on 4g.

SyanideGas
08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
I imagine that being extremely difficult to control but im sure its possible.

Glitch
08-16-2011, 09:18 PM
3g is certainly fast enough to play eq.
I used to play with my iphone connection tethered to my laptop on the go~

Jepaxis
08-17-2011, 02:30 AM
3g is certainly fast enough to play eq.
I used to play with my iphone connection tethered to my laptop on the go~
This isn't the same. You're sending images from your real PC to you IPhone, not the EQ data stream.

Tasslehofp99
08-17-2011, 07:27 AM
I've seen this done on an overclocked android phone, the samsung fascinate version to be exact. I'm not tech-savvy or anything so wouldnt be able to figure this out, but if it worked smoothly I'd like to learn how lol.

Ezuen
08-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Droid (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7485&highlight=droid) not IPhone, but its a starting point.

Mcbard
08-17-2011, 02:44 PM
This isn't the same. You're sending images from your real PC to you IPhone, not the EQ data stream.

Correct, which is the downfall with this. Your FPS are going to blow and you're not going to be able to really play at all. I use RDP and VNC at home a lot of the time if I'm doing some mindnumbing camp or tracking raid mobs. That way I can chill on the couch and watch some tube yet still monitor my chat windows and hit 'track' every 15 seconds. Actually playing the game would be near impossible however.

Kryptyde
08-18-2011, 10:50 AM
A netbook would be a better bet since you could run the full client.

Xadion
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
3g is nuff to play eq on- I raid teh dragonz in my car on my laptop with tethering, RDPing as you said is another thing- but should be able to do it decently- it mostly depends on the app and if it sucks or not and how you tunnle into your computer.