PDA

View Full Version : Hotfix Sunday August 14th, 2011

Rogean
08-14-2011, 03:12 PM
This patch contains new client files. Please get the latest files from the EQChanges V13 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv13.zip) in the setup guide.

Pringles
08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
haha just my luck. 5 minutes ago I barely installed v12 :)

Thanks for keeping us running!

Niladine
08-14-2011, 03:18 PM
lol, same here! Hadn't been logged in very long either. :p

Lyrina
08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks alot :-)

Any Changelog on this Patch/Fix?

Rogean
08-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Just bug fixes and issues related to last night's patch.

Rogean
08-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Should probably change the spell file to actually represent the fact that it isn't the same 13 other people downloaded..

Fuck's sake how lazy.

what?

Nedala
08-14-2011, 03:40 PM
PR and shadoo are still bugged, they are supposed to stack. But currently they are overwriting each other, and only after you relog both show up, and add up in PR . This wasnt the case prior to v12

Nordenwatch
08-14-2011, 03:41 PM
its not working for some reason, i extracted the files from v13 and replaced all, but its still giving me "client files are outdated", errorcode DLL-2.

Hasbinbad
08-14-2011, 03:44 PM
PR seems to overwrite shadoo, but if you relog, they both appear

EternalLiberty
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Patch worked for me.

r0xx0r
08-14-2011, 03:47 PM
was sunstrike mana changed to 500 for some reason?

Nordenwatch
08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
tried restarting, replaced files from EQ changes folder that was in the getting started / hotfix threads... neither are working, files are definitely getting replaced.

i have no idea why this isn't working! anyone having the same issues?

Xabantik
08-14-2011, 03:59 PM
its not working for some reason, i extracted the files from v13 and replaced all, but its still giving me "client files are outdated", errorcode DLL-2.

same here, don't know what im doing wrong

Uaellaen
08-14-2011, 03:59 PM
eqemulauncher (http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip) up to date

Nordenwatch
08-14-2011, 04:03 PM
figured it out, upload the files, afterwards go to options and uncheck the patch automatically option, i think its reverting the files back to the original state.

kanras
08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
PR and shadoo are still bugged, they are supposed to stack.

No.

and only after you relog both show up, and add up in PR .

Strange. They overwrite each other for me, and relogging gives me expected results (only most recently cast shows).

Treats
08-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Still having this problem with the hotfix.

Windows XP
Service Pack 2

Eqgame.exe will load with just the new spell file to character select where I receive the P99 DLL error. Eqgame.exe will load with the new spell file and eqgame.dll to character select where I get the same P99 DLL error. When placing wsock32.dll into the Everquest directory Eqgame.exe will refuse to load with this error:

Error signature

AppName: eqgame.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: eqgame.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00002483

Nedala
08-14-2011, 04:33 PM
so are they not supposed to stack then?

Im not sure how it is now, i got shadoo first and then PR. PR overwrited shadoo, then i quit eq, cause the server was going down for the hotfix. After i logged back in i had both buffs showing up and also adding up in pr. Some people experienced the same, for others it didnt work.

Maybe it just worked for those who got both buffs before the server came down?

CrotchCricket
08-14-2011, 04:34 PM
About how long does it take after a patch/hotfix for the all in one installer to be updated? not complaining just curious as it is the only way i can update after a patch cuz i am newb with computers.

Thanks,
Madprops

kanras
08-14-2011, 04:36 PM
so are they not supposed to stack then?

They are not.

Maybe it just worked for those who got both buffs before the server came down?

This is a very likely explanation.

Uaellaen
08-14-2011, 04:40 PM
About how long does it take after a patch/hotfix for the all in one installer to be updated? not complaining just curious as it is the only way i can update after a patch cuz i am newb with computers.

Thanks,
Madprops

well eqemulauncher (http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip) is already up to date, it automaticly updates for P99 and some other servers ....

it does not have install features like duxas installer, but i keep it up todate for P99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxyLIKI4N4 here is even a tutorial that someone made for akkas funhouse ... the first half is a eqemulauncher explanation, the second half a akkas funhouse specific tutorial

Skope
08-14-2011, 04:50 PM
No.

Strange. They overwrite each other for me, and relogging gives me expected results (only most recently cast shows).

think it might be the same issue there exists (or existed) with the potions where the effects didn't show up stat-wise properly until zone. at least that's what it sounds like

Starrider21
08-14-2011, 07:24 PM
I have tryed both updates , nothing is working , Radeon card not wodk with this patch ?

Starrider21
08-14-2011, 07:32 PM
I have tryed both updates , nothing is working , Radeon card not work with this patch ?

Tiggles
08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
then i quit eq,

I wish

regatta
08-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Still getting the same problem as other people saying I didn't update my file. Is this still not working with linux/wine? It was before these last two updates a week ago.

(Nevermind found fix for this. You have to allow an exception for wsock32.dll in winecfg.)

Starrider21
08-15-2011, 02:20 AM
This patch contains new client files. Please get the latest files from the EQChanges V13 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv13.zip) in the setup guide.

I show both files as being the same

DanKhan
08-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Problem still the same, Error DDL-1, but only on Kunark server. I can log on others without problem???

quido
08-15-2011, 12:36 PM
I have suspected for a while that the stacked poison resistance from PR and Shadoo only showed in the client and didn't actually register on the server. Is this possible?

I had a similar issue with strength glitching to max but clearly not registering as max on the server.

Vendar
08-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Thanks,
Madprops

create a folder on your desktop, then just click the link, and save to the folder on desktop, then extract the files into your newly created folder, and cut/paste the newly extracted files into your eq folder.

feel free to send a PM for a better (or clearer) explanation

GL!

Malimus
08-15-2011, 08:57 PM
The file wsock32.dll in the EQChanges V13 is causing problem for me. I know its this file because of a little trial and error testing. Anyway i click the EQ icon to fire up EQ and i get this message.

The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Never had this problem before. But wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll have never been in a patch before this let alone in the EQ folder so im not sure why they are being added now??? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.

deneauth
08-19-2011, 07:37 AM
I finally had some free time to play last night, and I am having the same problems as others in this thread. I copy the files over to my EQ folder, start up the game, and get the message telling me that my spell files are still out of date. Running windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, it's like 7 days since I have been on and I am going through withdrawals. :)

Uthgaard
08-19-2011, 10:21 PM
If you're using win7, delete the existing files and then add them to the folder, it has problems with overwriting files that exist, if your install is in program files directory.

DanKhan
08-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Hi,
I'm new user of "Play on Mac" and I don't know what it does mean "make a rule to overwrite wsock32.dll".
If you are in the same, try this :
Right-clic on Everquest icon in Play on mac, select "Configure"
Select "Library"
Enter "wsock32.dll"
Click "Add". You don't care of error message.
Apply and run

Bearzerker
08-20-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm running Linux Ubuntu 11.04 & all was fine on-line, running under wine 1.2 stable
with just some modeling issues which i mentioned to you in a PM earlier.
FYI, the reset I asked for and received didn't help with the modeling issues.

This latest patch has now given me another problem, which coincidentally is identical
to my brothers account which was running perfectly until the latest patch.
This makes me think its related to the latest eqchanges13.zip patch that was just released...

The error from the character select screen reads;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are missing client files
from eqchanges.zip
Please visit project1999.org
and get the latest EQchanges
zip file from the getting
started post and make sure
you extract to your eq folder

[ERROR CODE DLL-1}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
this was downloaded and was triple checked for errors

My brother who logs in under Brew and plays the character Blucifer
is now also experiencing same error that I'm reading on the character select screen
with the small exception that he did not have any modeling issues prior
to this latest patch...

My accounts modeling problems [character isn't running or moving in game properly] were reported to you earlier
and the reset I asked for did not fix the issue...
The Project 1999 patcher login screen under "options"
picks up my video card as an NVida GeForce 8300 GS when in reality its a NVida GeForce 8500 GT
I personally believe and think that maybe the issue with modeling...
Bruce [aka Brew] isn't completely sure about this as the modeling issue and he's the A+ certified guru here

hoping the information provided will help you to correct the problems we're experiencing here,
if you have any questions please send me a PM

Cheers and Beers
Barry Blackman, CD
aka "Bearzerker"
playing under the name of "Mezzery"

drurry
08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I down loaded the new stuff to two computers and a lap top but the one in my office says I am missing DLL 1 files and shows unknown char.
I can load all other servers except the 1999 Ruins of Kunark.
All my coms are XP
I have reloaded it and deleted it so many times now I'm going goofy.
Just a car mechanic here.
Can someone help me with some suggestions
Drury Stalkingwolf

AR3151
08-22-2011, 09:27 PM
The file wsock32.dll in the EQChanges V13 is causing problem for me. I know its this file because of a little trial and error testing. Anyway i click the EQ icon to fire up EQ and i get this message.

The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Never had this problem before. But wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll have never been in a patch before this let alone in the EQ folder so im not sure why they are being added now??? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.

I finally had some free time to play last night, and I am having the same problems as others in this thread. I copy the files over to my EQ folder, start up the game, and get the message telling me that my spell files are still out of date. Running windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, it's like 7 days since I have been on and I am going through withdrawals. :)

both with me as well, those 2 errors and the first time to play in a long time help!

Rogean
08-23-2011, 09:14 AM
If you are having problems with simple extraction of files into the correct directories, just save us and you the headache and use the launcher:

http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip

If you are getting an error like the DecodePointer, try upgrading to latest service pack for your OS.

Robben
08-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I tried to set up the titanium client on my friend's XP machine with little to no luck yesterday. For about 6 hrs :D

I'm getting the same error message as a few others:
"You are missing client files
from eqchanges.zip
Please visit project1999.org
and get the latest EQchanges
zip file from the getting
started post and make sure
you extract to your eq folder

[ERROR CODE DLL-1}"

Manually extracting eqchanges.zip didn't work, the EQemu patcher downloaded 22 or 23 files, but I still ran into the same problem.

Tried installing SP3 after that, still no luck.

If anyone can help us out, I'll gladly paypal you $10.

I've had P1999 running smoothly on my XP SP3 machine since may of 2010 and I'm completely stumped with my friend's PC.

drurry
08-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Still getting the same problem as other people saying I didn't update my file. Is this still not working with linux/wine? It was before these last two updates a week ago.

(Nevermind found fix for this. You have to allow an exception for wsock32.dll in winecfg.)

How do you allow an exception for wsock32.dll in winecfg?

Thanks
Drurry Stalkingwolf:(

Clint
08-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Running playonmac here and was having the same issue with the outdated files message. Here's how I solved it.

1. copied over the new files to my eq directory

2. opened playonmac

3. right clicked the everquest entry

4. selected "configure wine"

5. after xquartz launched and the "wine configuration" dialog appeared, selected the "Libraries" tab

6. in the "new override for library" field, typed:

wsock32.dll

7. clicked the "Add" button

Got a "changing the load order of this library is not recommended. Are you sure you want to do this?" message. Clicked "OK"

Done and done :)

Clint
08-25-2011, 12:03 PM
How do you allow an exception for wsock32.dll in winecfg?

Thanks
Drurry Stalkingwolf:(

If you haven't found it already, try this (particularly the section under DLL Overrides):

http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/config-wine-main

Dakasan
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey there guys, I'm new and I can't download the file eqchangesv13.zip somehow the link is broken, or don't know what it is, anyway if someone cares to help me by telling me what to do, or sending the file to my post "fallen_one1987@abv.bg" I'll be grateful. I can't log in the server without the patch and I really wanna try the game. :confused:

Waedawen
09-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Hey there guys, I'm new and I can't download the file eqchangesv13.zip somehow the link is broken, or don't know what it is, anyway if someone cares to help me by telling me what to do, or sending the file to my post "fallen_one1987@abv.bg" I'll be grateful. I can't log in the server without the patch and I really wanna try the game. :confused:

I seem to have this problem too.

I had just got returned power from losing it during Irene and log on to find my spell files out of date. Odd, seeing as how I was playing on at least the 20th with updated files.

Now, however, when I try to download the new changes my download always gets interrupted. I have also tried having an EQ friend send me the files himself and when I extracted them everything worked and apparently updated, however I still "am not up to date."

Waedawen
09-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the hot fix, Rogean. Working fine now.

Dakasan
09-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone still care to send me the file, or fix the link...?

Dannermax
09-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah, the link must be broken...