PDA

View Full Version : Why did pet dmg get nerfed?

JDFriend99
08-14-2011, 01:32 AM
I have a 56 necro, and my mnk pet used to flying kick for 120-156dmg, now he does max 69... why is this? after we have already been nerfed on kiting with dots, snare root?

I dont recall seeing this in the patch notes, at all.

gnOme
08-14-2011, 01:46 AM
I have a 56 necro, and my mnk pet used to flying kick for 120-156dmg, now he does max 69... why is this? after we have already been nerfed on kiting with dots, snare root?

I dont recall seeing this in the patch notes, at all.

Re-read the patch notes, you'll see that the nerf was to flying kick for NPCs your pet unfortunately got hit with the bat cause he choose to roll a monk~

"Kanras: More accurate NPC backstab and flying kick damage ranges."

Hope this helps~

JDFriend99
08-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Re-read the patch notes, you'll see that the nerf was to flying kick(monks) your pet unfortunately got hit with the bat cause he choose to roll a monk~

"Kanras: More accurate NPC backstab and flying kick damage ranges."

Hope this helps~

Yeah, i see it now. Still awesome so now the mobs take twice as long to be killed. I wonder why i bother.

Yinikren
08-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Hopefully this fixed weird, random (to my knowledge) pet bonus damage. I never recalled mage air pets actually using flying kick, but some 53 mage farming HK guards had an airpet kicking for 150.

IIRC, the monk pet only kicked for 89ish on live. The rogue backstabbed for, again, IIRC, 156 or so. I don't know what the rogue was hitting for here though.

Estu
08-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Yeah, i see it now. Still awesome so now the mobs take twice as long to be killed. I wonder why i bother.

The key word in that quote there was ACCURATE. The devs are doing this because it's how it was on live. If you "wonder why you bother" playing classic EverQuest, maybe you'd be better off just leaving instead of getting all offended that the devs are working on making the server accurate to how it was back then.

connect
08-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Pre patch. My lvl 49 necro pet. Dark blue at 51 would hit for max of 51-55 (most times would be a max 51 hit pet)
Post patch. Dark blue pet hitting for max 49.

Pre patch. Light blue At 51 would hit for max 49.
Post patch. Havnt had one to test yet.

6 pet tests. All been dark blue. All have max hit of 49. (useing 2 FS short swords)

Tiggles
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM

Bye

Phallax
08-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Yes because all your pet does for attacks is flying kicks it must take twice as long now!

SupaflyIRL
08-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes because all your pet does for attacks is flying kicks it must take twice as long now!

Pretty sure DW/DA rate dropped along with max damage of regular hits as well, not just special attacks.

Bubbles
08-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Pre patch. My lvl 49 necro pet. Dark blue at 51 would hit for max of 51-55 (most times would be a max 51 hit pet)
Post patch. Dark blue pet hitting for max 49.

Pre patch. Light blue At 51 would hit for max 49.
Post patch. Havnt had one to test yet.

6 pet tests. All been dark blue. All have max hit of 49. (useing 2 FS short swords)

Phallex, it was covered in the post below his, heh. Shave off 6ish dmg per hit and halve the flying kick dmg and well... there ya go.

Kryptyde
08-14-2011, 11:12 AM
The key word in that quote there was ACCURATE. The devs are doing this because it's how it was on live. If you "wonder why you bother" playing classic EverQuest, maybe you'd be better off just leaving instead of getting all offended that the devs are working on making the server accurate to how it was back then.

Well said. And besides...necs really dont have much to complain about. Very powerful and versatile class, efficient and easy to solo, hard to die, etc etc.

kanras
08-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Pretty sure DW/DA rate dropped

Correct

along with max damage of regular hits as well

Only for spectre pet. The previous poster's results for the 49 pet are just RNG variance.

, not just special attacks.

Only one of the pet special attack damage changes in this patch was a reduction.

Ennoia
08-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Magicians and Necromancers are monsters in the solo department, that's why. If you're relying solely on your pet's damage to kill mobs then you're doing it wrong. Just throwing up a set of 3 dots will chunk down a mob's HP% faster than some full groups. Why? Because you can dot multiple mobs at once. Aside from new spells, Kunark was not a caster-friendly expansion. Wait until Velious when you have all the room in the world to aggro kite Dragons.

Phallax
08-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Phallex, it was covered in the post below his, heh. Shave off 6ish dmg per hit and halve the flying kick dmg and well... there ya go.

Still not taking "twice as long to kill".

Trystych
08-14-2011, 12:24 PM
The monk pet flying kick damage is now accurate. The previous damage was overtuned, it was doing similar damage to the rogue pets backstab which could only be used from behind.

Ennoia
08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
The monk pet flying kick damage is now accurate. The previous damage was overtuned, it was doing similar damage to the rogue pets backstab which could only be used from behind.

The smart people always have their pets behind a mob anyway.

SupaflyIRL
08-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Correct

Only for spectre pet. The previous poster's results for the 49 pet are just RNG variance.

Only one of the pet special attack damage changes in this patch was a reduction.

Roger that. I don't have the 53 or 56 pets so I was just guessing based on the text of the patch notes and comments in the thread.

arsenalpow
08-14-2011, 02:05 PM
necro monk pets shouldn't have been able to consistently kick harder than an actual monk

sellawiz
08-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Oh brother. Necros crying about their OP pets being slightly less OP?

Ogre
08-14-2011, 02:45 PM
some 53 mage farming HK guards had an airpet kicking for 150.

HAHHAHAHAHAHA (at the Mage farming HK guards of all things for plat, not the kick dmg)

Yinikren
08-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I laughed too. I was actually pretty mad, that was an exp camp for me at the time on my enc and here comes this clown mage, who I believe was just bought because he was naked, farming HK guards for plat.

JDFriend99
08-14-2011, 03:23 PM

To this dude, im not popping off w attitude about dev's i played on live. And i honestly IIRC w/e recall reduced dot dmg and snare not stacking with root only being live for 1 week, its been live here for 2+ months.

So how accurate are we following live, or are we making it how we see fit?

JDFriend99
08-14-2011, 03:26 PM

And to this dude, read before you quote me, his max dmg on his special atk was reduced by half, dont get pissed cause you dont play a pet class. If someone took you- max dmg on your special atk and cut it in half, i doubt you would be pleased.
Half of max hit 165, or less as my max flying kick off my lvl 53 mnk pet, is 69. 69 from 165 is a substantial difference, thus making all the kills take LONGER... simple easy to understand, i hope.

Phallax
08-14-2011, 05:08 PM
And to this dude, read before you quote me, his max dmg on his special atk was reduced by half, dont get pissed cause you dont play a pet class. If someone took you- max dmg on your special atk and cut it in half, i doubt you would be pleased.
Half of max hit 165, or less as my max flying kick off my lvl 53 mnk pet, is 69. 69 from 165 is a substantial difference, thus making all the kills take LONGER... simple easy to understand, i hope.

I understand completely. But a special attack is far from half of your pets damage. Dont over exaggerate the situation and not expect an argument. BTW I play a pet class have both shaman and a necro. Dont bitch at the staff for making the pets more classic, thank them for allowing your pet to be over powered for as long as they were.

Estu
08-14-2011, 05:49 PM
To this dude, im not popping off w attitude about dev's i played on live. And i honestly IIRC w/e recall reduced dot dmg and snare not stacking with root only being live for 1 week, its been live here for 2+ months.

You think it was only that way on live for one week? Find evidence and submit a bug report. Otherwise stop hatching conspiracy theories and bitching.

bounky37
08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
omg all necros should stop playing until they rebuff our pets. I cant even kill green anymore

Razdeline
08-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Mage pets did not 'flying kick' at all on live, the water was the only pet with a special melee attack (backstab).

However, I do remember them 'quad hitting' more often on live. Here it feels like they hit less in the normal melee department. Air pet stuns lasted longer on live.

(I believe 3 seconds, and were ALWAYS used in groups such as Sebilis or Chardok.)

Slave
08-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Pet Nerf #5 in 3 months.

It's getting a little old.

Jepaxis
08-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Something does seem off.

Charming a blue mob in HS, haste it and send it after another blue mob and my charmed pet gets owned even with EB on my target. Target still had like 30% life left.

Different time. Charmed blue hasted mob with HT against a LB mob, mob dies but still took pet down to 18%. With 55% haste and 450ish HT against a LB mob, should have had a more than 18% life left.

But if that charm breaks, it still seems to own me.

andvarion
08-15-2011, 02:55 AM

I could be mistaken, but they are following the ORDER of live patches, not necessarily the speed of live patches. Whereas on live it may have taken a month between patch 20 and patch 21, it may take us 3 months between patch 20 and patch 21. That's the difference between a paid team of developers and a team of developers working for free in their spare time.

But, that aside, I'm slightly confused with the necro complaints I've read lately. I've only been on this server for a week or so now, and I don't play a necro, but I used to play a necro back in live Kunark/Velious era. Does fear kiting not work on this server? I don't think I've seen it mentioned. Is everybody just doing it wrong? Back on live, fear kiting was... well, everything. Pets were icing on the cake, however much damage they did, but fear kiting was the mechanic that allowed necros to be the kings of soloing. Not their pets. Mage pets typically outclassed necro pets anyway. But they had to, as they couldn't fear kite. So their pets had to be able to take the beating. Necro pets shouldn't even take hits.

Of course now I'm just rambling. A DPS nerf always sucks, but it's hardly a big deal in this situation. You'll kill slightly slower, but it'll still be just as easy.

Fourthmeal
08-15-2011, 03:11 AM

You bother because this is EQ, and that's how it works.