PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Saturday, August 13th, 2011

Rogean
08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
This patch contains a new spells file as well as additional files required for play. Please obtain the latest files from the EQChanges V13 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv13.zip), and make sure to extract all files to your EQ Directory.

Code:

Kanras: Removed hard "calculated damage" cap for < 10 and < 20 players, replaced with weapon_dmg cap.
Kanras: Archery weapon_dmg is once again correctly being calculated.
Kanras: Backstab and sneak now require you to be behind the mob to succeed, rather than requiring you to only be outside the mob's frontal attack cone.
Kanras: More accurate NPC backstab and flying kick damage ranges.
Kanras: All potential double attack/dual wield rolls will succeed for all attack types when using Kinesthetics.
Kanras: Pets will use same calculations as PCs when doing double attack/dual wield rolls.
Kanras: Corrected the rate at which warriors triple attack.
Kanras: Offhand double attack can only succeed if double attack skill >= 150.
Kanras: High-level monks can now carry increased weight without penalty. The additional allowance is granted at levels 55 and 60.
Kanras: Two-handed weapons have had their damage-bonus modified. The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created a problem similar to the weapons below and has been reduced. The damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has been increased.
Kanras: "Damage Table" changes. In a previous patch, they were used to justify higher PC_DMG_MULT cap (correct) and a PWR-based method for calculating the max roll (incorrect). They now account for adjusting distribution of successful hits rather than just increasing the max possible hit. Chance to successfully dual wield/double attack is also affected by the damage table you are on.
Kanras: NPCs will no longer use escape type spells (gate,etc.) when they're close to their guard point.
Kanras: Fix for mobs immediately pathing away after FD.
Kanras: Enabling sneak pulling.
Secrets: Brown Skeleton / Gypsie Fixes (New EQChanges DLL Files).

Content:

Nilbog: Tolkar Parlone will now respond to hails.
Nilbog: Weltria Ostriss will no longer discuss quests involving the Warrens.
Nilbog: Tektite's quest can now be completed with apprehensive or better faction.
Nilbog: giant water moccasin melee damage is more appropriate for their level.
Nilbog: Teria O'Danos will be less reluctant to discuss her lion shipment.
Nilbog: Palatos will once again discuss the Painting.
Nilbog: Lempeck Hargrin always drops the correct Fleshy Tumor.
Nilbog: Implemented 'Shining Star of Light' Quest
Nilbog: Fixed 'Clothspinner Sisters' (Good) quest
Nilbog: Whysia Flock and Tyokan Mekase will spawn depending on day/night.
Nilbog: greater sphinxes and watchful guards in plane of sky will summon pets.
Nilbog: Tox piranha no longer give faction hits.
Nilbog: Fixed 'Piranha Hunting' quest. Fixed Celsar Vestagon's face.
Nilbog: Chancellor of Di`zok is now a 2 hour spawn.
Uthgaard: Fixed Unfired Cake Round combine
Kanras: Two low-delay weapons can now only be equipped in the off-hand. Included in this change are the Mosscovered Twig and the Barbed Scale Whip. The delay on these weapons and the associated damage bonus to weapons in the primary hand made these weapons much too powerful for their availability and the risk associated with their acquisition.
Kanras: Reduced the max damage of the level 59 Necromancer pet.
Kanras: Made Dragoon Zytl spawn when Kizdean Gix dies.
Kanras: Reduced MR on many sebilis mobs.

Tiggles
08-13-2011, 10:36 PM
First

Ahhah Hah
08-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks nilbog n kanras for the works. and of course uthgaard for the cake combine.
Secrets, big ups on the skeletons!

Uaellaen
08-13-2011, 10:38 PM
eqemulauncher (http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip) updated

Aoloen
08-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Awesome patch, great work.

Monk weight is fixed!!! woohooo!

kanras
08-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Basic summary to melee DPS changes: 60 rog/mnk/war/rng will see very, very minor DPS reduction due to max mult. reduction. 1-50 non-mnk will see a decent dps reduction due to distribution changes. 51-59 rog/mnk/war/rng will have a small reduction in DPS due to max mult reduction and in-between distribution reduction.

Pet attack frequency/damage changes: Yes, they're justified due to data.

Phallax
08-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Kanras: Enabling sneak pulling.

Is proximity pulling ever going to happen? Doesnt actually work atm at least not when Ive tried.

Ring
08-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Great patch. Thanks. Was hoping for The Hole / VP, but I know they're right around the corner.

Loly Taa
08-13-2011, 10:48 PM
What's with the inclusion of this wsock32.dll file? I've never seen this included before.

Blancah
08-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Secrets: Brown Skeleton / Gypsie Fixes (New EQChanges DLL Files).
[/LIST]

Yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

kanras
08-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Is proximity pulling ever going to happen? Doesnt actually work atm at least not when Ive tried.

Elaborate, please.

Velion
08-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Have to completely exit the game in between switching characters or is says the spell file is outdated.

Thanks for the patch, keep up the great work

Rais
08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
yea same issue here with trying to switch toons. Have to exit totally and restart.

insertname
08-13-2011, 11:06 PM
just to verrify, where do i put the .dll files? They are indefault directory, however Im just double checking.

Phallax
08-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Elaborate, please.

aka body pulling
u could single pull stuff just by getting near it and agroing it rather than using an agro spell or attack etc. Could single pull or at least pull less mobs using the method.

Sadad
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Ok, I'm an idiot, but I know I extracted the files into the right folder. But I still keep getting ERRORCODE-DLL1. I have restarted eq and my comp. Halp? Search didn't yield anything.

Uaellaen
08-13-2011, 11:34 PM
just use http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip it autopatches

jadefoot
08-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Getting the same when switching toons, have to log completely out of game in order to change characters.

maya
08-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Getting SP-1 error after extracting.

just use http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip it autopatches

I'm not going to run a random forum member's exe. I'm sure it's legit and thanks for the offer, but I'm too nervous to dl it.

Dr4z3r
08-13-2011, 11:56 PM
aka body pulling
u could single pull stuff just by getting near it and agroing it rather than using an agro spell or attack etc. Could single pull or at least pull less mobs using the method.

???

This works right now, as-is...

Namika
08-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Have to completely exit the game in between switching characters or is says the spell file is outdated.

Thanks for the patch, keep up the great work

Same problem here

Uaellaen
08-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Getting SP-1 error after extracting.

I'm not going to run a random forum member's exe. I'm sure it's legit and thanks for the offer, but I'm too nervous to dl it.

you could just look at the eqemu forums, thre is a topic for it im just too lazy to search it ... many hundrets use it, you dont have to ;)

Marglar
08-14-2011, 12:36 AM
"Kanras: Removed hard "calculated damage" cap for < 10 and < 20 players, replaced with weapon_dmg cap."

can you explain what this means? example, I am a 15 monk with a 23/28 2hb. pre patch, hard capped at 28 damage. post patch, still capped at 28 damage.

what is the weapon damage cap, exactly?

fonain
08-14-2011, 12:52 AM
I have the same issue as Sadad does. ive extracted the files numerous times, rebooted, and downloaded the new eqemulator thing Ue linked...

still getting the error at the char select, and also there is an eq.exe shortcut error every time i try to open it, closes EQ immediately when closed, but if left open i can log into the OTHER error at char select. halp?

AnonSubHuman
08-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Same issue with changing characters, apparently this is connected to WinEQ2. This problem has never occurred with other spell file patches.

kanras
08-14-2011, 01:20 AM
"Kanras: Removed hard "calculated damage" cap for < 10 and < 20 players, replaced with weapon_dmg cap."

can you explain what this means? example, I am a 15 monk with a 23/28 2hb. pre patch, hard capped at 28 damage. post patch, still capped at 28 damage.

what is the weapon damage cap, exactly?

This was ninja-patched w/o notes in a prev. patch. But in general, your 23/28 2hb is a 14/28 2hb until you hit 20.

Kobias
08-14-2011, 01:34 AM
What's with the inclusion of this wsock32.dll file? I've never seen this included before.

I was wondering that too. Also EQGame.dll is new as well.

I dug around in the ASM just quickly to see what was there:

wsock32.dll is for socket communication (i.e. TCP) between Client and Server. EQ Uses wsock32.dll, but the one they provided to us now has additional code. By placing it into your directory, the application defaults to using that one instead.

The additional code to wsock32.dll effectively is a .DLL injector, to load the new file EQGame.dll. Possibly more, but nothing out of the ordinary at quick glance.

EQGame.dll actually is where most of the interesting things happen:
-It prevents you from switching to a different server after playing on P1999.
-Probably the Brown Skelly fix is in here (Based on original post)
-Adds a new command to EQ. Probably a test (ps: it's /rogean -- lol)

--

So glad to see the Brown Skelly thing in. I also see a lot of potential for interesting things with EQGame.dll in the future too.

andvarion
08-14-2011, 01:55 AM
I was wondering that too. Also EQGame.dll is new as well.

I dug around in the ASM just quickly to see what was there:

wsock32.dll is for socket communication (i.e. TCP) between Client and Server. EQ Uses wsock32.dll, but the one they provided to us now has additional code. By placing it into your directory, the application defaults to using that one instead.

The additional code to wsock32.dll effectively is a .DLL injector, to load the new file EQGame.dll. Possibly more, but nothing out of the ordinary at quick glance.

EQGame.dll actually is where most of the interesting things happen:
-It prevents you from switching to a different server after playing on P1999.
-Probably the Brown Skelly fix is in here (Based on original post)
-Adds a new command to EQ. Probably a test (ps: it's /rogean -- lol)

--

So glad to see the Brown Skelly thing in. I also see a lot of potential for interesting things with EQGame.dll in the future too.

You sound like exactly the person to have the knowledge I'm looking for. =)

Why would one be getting this (see the attached screenshot) after patching on a Mac wine installation? We logged on, saw the message to update the spells file with the new eqchanges.zip, did so, and then got that error message.

If it's injecting DLLs and calling DLLs and all sorts of other mumbo jumbo that I only vaguely comprehend, is it trying to call something from Windows that might be missing in a wine installation?

Things are working fine on my Windows machine (aside from the bug mentioned in here about having to log completely out to change characters), so I copied my entire install folder over to my friend's Mac in hopes that would solve his problem. Gave the same error.

Thoughts?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10943864/pic.png

ownrage
08-14-2011, 02:11 AM
same issue for me on my macbook air using Crossover Games.

Nedala
08-14-2011, 02:11 AM
I got that too everytime i wanna switch chars i have to close the game and restart, i think everyone has this? a lot of guildmates do.

andvarion
08-14-2011, 02:18 AM
same issue for me on my macbook air using Crossover Games.

Oh, yes technically he is using Crossover Games too. I was oversimplifying by calling it wine. His is a Macbook Pro running Lion.

I'm baffled. All we did was add the files from the new zip and it now claims there are missing client files with a .dll error.

Something HAS to be calling something native to Windows that is missing from a Crossover Games installation... right?

Kobias
08-14-2011, 02:19 AM
You sound like exactly the person to have the knowledge I'm looking for. =)

Why would one be getting this (see the attached screenshot) after patching on a Mac wine installation? We logged on, saw the message to update the spells file with the new eqchanges.zip, did so, and then got that error message.

If it's injecting DLLs and calling DLLs and all sorts of other mumbo jumbo that I only vaguely comprehend, is it trying to call something from Windows that might be missing in a wine installation?

Things are working fine on my Windows machine (aside from the bug mentioned in here about having to log completely out to change characters), so I copied my entire install folder over to my friend's Mac in hopes that would solve his problem. Gave the same error.

Thoughts?

Honestly I can only speculate.

EQLive validates files at various times to prevent hijack attempts (Such as loading to Character select, and zoning); it does this by performing a CRC32, and sending it to the server for validation. EQEmu code by default does not have any validation for specific files, it's a feature they've added here on P1999. If an incorrect CRC32 is sent, it populates the character select with bogus character names and disallows entry. This is a good thing, or we'd have people tweaking spells for their entertainment (such as making See Invis also provide ultravision and levitate).

I tried connecting w/o installing the new eqgame.dll and wsock32.dll, but with the new spells file. Until the recent patch, that was all you actually required. Anyway, it ended up failing. There is a DLL Error code in the bottom character slot. Based on what I've observed, this should only occur if there is trouble accessing those files.

It's quite possible that your windows-emulator is trying to access WSock32.dll, the default one they wrote for Wine instead of the one I mentioned as being altered for DLL-Injection. This is my best guess for you, sorry. There may be a way to manually select the DLL you want to load in Wine.

I did a quick google search on this scenario and game up with this:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=10688&sid=6be526e6c1cd1aecb7c9ab042a064406

Seems to support my theory.. Should give you some grounds to find a solution. (BTW, this probably also means it doesn't work in Linux anymore either. People have been using Wine in Linux)

edit: I'm on top of things apparently..

Try this fix @ the bottom of the how-to section.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?bShowAll=true&bIsQueue=false&bIsRejected=false&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=4242

1. Download the patch from Project1999.org
2. Save it in your EQ folder and extract it.
3. Open winecfg or Wine->Configure Wine from the application menu.
4. Add an overwrite rule for wsock32.dll

I dont have Wine, so I can't test it myself.

andvarion
08-14-2011, 02:20 AM
I got that too everytime i wanna switch chars i have to close the game and restart, i think everyone has this? a lot of guildmates do.

If you're referring to my screenshot, note that it is a bit different than the other situation. I, and you, and yes I think everybody is experiencing the incorrect spells file issue when trying to log on to different characters. As that screenshot shows though, that is a "missing client files" issue that prevents logging into the game altogether. And, to my knowledge so far, is only happening with emulated Windows on Macs.

andvarion
08-14-2011, 02:23 AM

EQLive validates files at various times to prevent hijack attempts (Such as loading to Character select, and zoning); it does this by performing a CRC32, and sending it to the server for validation. EQEmu code by default does not have any validation for specific files, it's a feature they've added here on P1999. If an incorrect CRC32 is sent, it populates the character select with bogus character names and disallows entry. This is a good thing, or we'd have people tweaking spells for their entertainment (such as making See Invis also provide ultravision and levitate).

I tried connecting w/o installing the new eqgame.dll and wsock32.dll, but with the new spells file. Until the recent patch, that was all you actually required. Anyway, it ended up failing. There is a DLL Error code in the bottom character slot. Based on what I've observed, this should only occur if there is trouble accessing those files.

It's quite possible that your windows-emulator is trying to access WSock32.dll, the default one they wrote for Wine instead of the one I mentioned as being altered for DLL-Injection. This is my best guess for you, sorry. There may be a way to manually select the DLL you want to load in Wine.

I did a quick google search on this scenario and game up with this:
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=10688&sid=6be526e6c1cd1aecb7c9ab042a064406

Seems to support my theory.. Should give you some grounds to find a solution. (BTW, this probably also means it doesn't work in Linux anymore either. People have been using Wine in Linux)

Awesome! I will comb through that thread and see if I can find something useful for the few people here who play on Macs. He is also getting the DLL error in the bottom character slot. My attached images weren't displaying very large, so I just embedded an image that should be easier to read/see.

andvarion
08-14-2011, 02:35 AM
Bah. I read through that thread and can't figure out how to apply it. Way over my head. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction though.

Crug
08-14-2011, 02:37 AM
The main problem I have seen is that for some reason, a lot of my friends and my EQ files are sort of admin blocked, so we have to manually cut and paste the files into our EQ folder. So just extract the patch to your desktop, then cut and paste them into your EQ folder. Worked for me.

Solid Snape
08-14-2011, 02:39 AM
My friend found the solution, instead of extracting the files directly to the folder, try extracting them to a temp folder, then copying them into your EQ directory. I did that and it's working fine for me now.

Also my first post, hello everyone.

EDIT: I just noticed my friend (Crug) posted the solution right before I posted it, oops.

nazt
08-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Try this fix @ the bottom of the how-to section.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?bShowAll=true&bIsQueue=false&bIsRejected=false&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=4242

Thx Kobias, this works for me.

Still have the SP-1 error while switching chars tho.

Kobias
08-14-2011, 02:59 AM

Awesome, glad to hear that.

Yeah, I have that problem too.. you're not alone. I'm running Win7 natively, so it seems to be affecting everyone.

They might have forgot to update one of the CRC32 checksum values server-side during that step. Hope they'll fix it soon... It's a little annoying =)

ownrage
08-14-2011, 03:27 AM

Any ideas on how to apply this to Crossover Games which basically uses WINE?

ownrage
08-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Just went into the WINE config, added the exclusion for wsock32.dll

Didn't work =(((((

andvarion
08-14-2011, 03:41 AM
Any ideas on how to apply this to Crossover Games which basically uses WINE?

Yes! Just figured it out myself!

Go to Configure > Manage Bottles...

In the Control Panel tab, load the wine config...

Click on the Libraries tab, and type in "wsock32.dll" without the quotes and click Add.

It will give you a warning of some sort, click Yes or OK or whatever.

Then scroll down to the newly added wsock32 (should be at or near the bottom), and click Edit...

Select Native Then Builtin.

That should do it!

kensoto
08-14-2011, 04:46 AM
[QUOTE=Kanras: Pets will use same calculations as PCs when doing double attack/dual wield rolls.
QUOTE]

Just before the patch a day ago I was on Seafury Island with my 54 magician using my 49 fire pet. Normally with pet haste and two daggers equipped, I would see my pets offhand swing animation quite often. Now I don't see it AT ALL the mobs take as long to kill as i he doesnt have any weapons equipped (no dual wield capability) and I've done this for hours and hours on end before the patch so I know how long it takes for my pet to kill a seafury clops on average and now it's taking a lot longer as it doesn't seem he's dual wielding AT ALL anymore. Just wanted to make note of that. Thanks.

Edit - Nevermind I finally saw his offhand animation. I guess it's just a lot less often. Woo does he stink now -_-

bluejam
08-14-2011, 05:02 AM
No VP. =*(

Sadad
08-14-2011, 06:59 AM
That worked, Crug, thank you.

Greenkrak
08-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Can anyone provide help for the people who dont speak computer tongue?

I downloaded patch same as always before and everytime i get to char select gives me same problem as the previous guy who posted a screen shot.... ERROR .DLL file or some such thing on bottom row.

fuuuuuuuuuuuc me life

Bubbles
08-14-2011, 07:47 AM

Yes, this.

Maben
08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Uth - does this patch include the changes to DEX/CHA for bard missed notes as you indicated in your other post?

mokfarg
08-14-2011, 10:03 AM

I think everyone is. I am too.

kanras
08-14-2011, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=Kanras: Pets will use same calculations as PCs when doing double attack/dual wield rolls.
QUOTE]

Just before the patch a day ago I was on Seafury Island with my 54 magician using my 49 fire pet. Normally with pet haste and two daggers equipped, I would see my pets offhand swing animation quite often. Now I don't see it AT ALL the mobs take as long to kill as i he doesnt have any weapons equipped (no dual wield capability) and I've done this for hours and hours on end before the patch so I know how long it takes for my pet to kill a seafury clops on average and now it's taking a lot longer as it doesn't seem he's dual wielding AT ALL anymore. Just wanted to make note of that. Thanks.

Edit - Nevermind I finally saw his offhand animation. I guess it's just a lot less often. Woo does he stink now -_-

Fire pet's DW/DA frequency is bugged currently. It will be fixed whenever server gets patched.

Targobaath
08-14-2011, 11:32 AM
I patched and now every time I get to the character selection screen the game crashes. Any fix for this?

Trapp
08-14-2011, 11:38 AM
The main problem I have seen is that for some reason, a lot of my friends and my EQ files are sort of admin blocked, so we have to manually cut and paste the files into our EQ folder. So just extract the patch to your desktop, then cut and paste them into your EQ folder. Worked for me.

<3 Thanks for fixing it for me. EQemulauncher sucks :/

Jeanna.Vail
08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
I need some help from you comp peeps :) For patches 10 and 11 I was able to download to comp, they look like zipped folders, and I was able to click on "extract all" and move the files easy enough. This 12 download doesnt look like a zipped folder, there's no option to "extract all" and I can't even open it to see the folders. Is there something I need to do?

fonain
08-14-2011, 12:54 PM
sadly, extracting to a temp folder then copying to my EQ directory did not work. still getting DLL at char select, and still getting an error box every time i open the emulator that, when X'd, closes the .exe. at least im not the only one having issues, if anyone figures it out let us know!

eadric
08-14-2011, 01:17 PM
I need some help from you comp peeps :) For patches 10 and 11 I was able to download to comp, they look like zipped folders, and I was able to click on "extract all" and move the files easy enough. This 12 download doesnt look like a zipped folder, there's no option to "extract all" and I can't even open it to see the folders. Is there something I need to do?

It is a .zip file, like normal. Make sure you are clicking on the correct link from the "getting started" page.

sellawiz
08-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Alright, can't change without logging to desktop now =/

andvarion
08-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Fonain and Greenkrak, are you both running EQ on a Mac through wine/Crossover Games?

If you're running regular ol' Windows and are getting that DLL error, I'm not sure what could be wrong there. Perhaps Kobias could shed some more light on that issue.

Greenkrak
08-14-2011, 04:03 PM
v13 seemed to clear things up for me thanks!

gotta love the fast response and action by these devs. :cool:

/golf claps

Seaweedpimp
08-14-2011, 04:14 PM
B B B B Brown to the bone

Uaellaen
08-14-2011, 04:17 PM
<3 Thanks for fixing it for me. EQemulauncher sucks :/

why and how does it suck?

tkleinert
08-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Having same issues as Fonain. error box when clicking shortcut, if ignored game still opens and goes to char select. getting "missing client files" message errorcode dll-1. i am using XP service pack 3, gforce4 mx 440 with agp8x ... any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

wert6
08-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I am having the same problem and am using xp as well.

Spitty
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Same problem, XP SP3, Radeon 9800 Pro, AMD. Posted in Technical.

fonain
08-15-2011, 12:42 AM
Andvarion - not on a mac, just regular old windows xp.

Pudge
08-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Kanras: Two-handed weapons have had their damage-bonus modified. The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created a problem similar to the weapons below and has been reduced. The damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has been increased.

Hrm. I thought damage bonus on delay scaled smoothly? As in no tiers. This is just what i always thought i never did any research or anything.. but i do remember weapons with huge delay always hit hard because of the bonus. weapons like Weighted Axe, with a delay of 150, always hit real hard (could swing for something crazy like 250 with that thing, non crit). pretty sure a weapon with 150 delay is supposed to have a better damage bonus than one with 40 delay.

some quotes from the weighted axe thread at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3579 (i didnt read through the whole thread it's kindof long):

"Oh yeah at 44 the damage bonus for me war was 48, which is nice." -2002

"When I first saw this weapon, my jaw dropped at the 45 damage...but I winced at the 150 delay. Then someone suggested that I use it for my first attack and switch back to my Dark Reaver. Damn, I'm glad I listened. My very first use of this thing did a double attack for 178 and 156 with a proc of Vampiric Embrace of 16. This was followed by Harm Touch for 301 dmg. The final total of this volley? 651 damage...and the goblin warlord at the Lake went running for the hills.

Russty Nailzz
32nd Level Troll Shadowknight
Bertoxxulous Server" --2001

this is a level 30 (by his harmtouch damage) or 32 (by his sig) SK, and hes hitting for 178 with it

a common tactic everyone talks about in their posts (and i remember using) was using the axe only for the first swing, then switching it out for a faster weapon. Delay back then worked just by checking the delay of the weapon you were currently holding against the time from your last swing. sometime later (post velious? not sure) it was patched so that the delay worked more like a "count down timer" till you were able to try and swing again, regardless of the delay of the weapon you were currently trying to swing (which effectively stopped ppl from switching out their weapon, because even with the new faster weapon in hand, they would still have to wait 15 seconds for their axe's delay to expire).

Bruman
08-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I didn't see it in the notes, so can I get confirmation - monk bracer sky upgrade works properly now?

h0tr0d (shaere)
08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Was it intended to up the Spiroc Lord's ae? doing 639 now... much more then before.

Treats
08-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Posted these in another thread:

[DAMAGE BONUSES; Two Hand Blunt]

(FAST) IF WeaponDelay <= 27
1.) DamangeBonus = One Handed DamageBonus + 1
* Damage Bonuses are always rounded down (ie, 7.65 = 7).

(MEDIUM) IF WeaponDelay >= 28 AND <= 39
1.) DamageBonus = One Handed DamageBonus + (Level - 27) / 4

(SLOW) IF WeaponDelay >= 40 AND <= 42
1.) DamageBonus = One Handed DamageBonus + ((Level - 27) / 4) + 1

(VERY SLOW) IF WeaponDelay > 42
1.) DamageBonus = One Handed DamageBonus + ((Level - 27) / 4) + (WeaponDelay - 34) / 3

WeaponDelay > 42 could have been added later, I'm not sure. But it is taken from this link on March 2, 2001:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010302162330/www.monkly-business.com/skills/damage1.php

Level 44 Warrior Damage bonus using Weighted Axe (45/150)

6 + ((44 - 27) / 4) + ((150 - 34) / 3) = 48

Rogean
08-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Many people are posting in the wrong forums.

If you are crashing trying to launch the game, please see the post already made in the tech forums with solutions.

h0tr0d (shaere)
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Kanras: Fix for mobs immediately pathing away after FD.

Doesn't look like it took.

SavageHenry
08-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Anyone seen Dragoon Zytl yet? I killed Kizdean Gix 10-15 times today and didn't see him where he's supposed to spawn. Ran around the entire zone looking but still didn't see him.

DoucLangur
08-17-2011, 05:50 PM
On which you did a really good job ;)

Worked like a charm, thank you Kobias!

Info for others: winecfg, as mentioned, add an override for wsock32.dll to load it "Native then Builtin", which means it will try to locate a native dll in the usual path order, and use the built-in from wine if it cannot find any.

Cheers,

Slozem

Pigdogius
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM
wsock32.dll scares me :(

Uthgaard
08-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Awesome, glad to hear that.

Yeah, I have that problem too.. you're not alone. I'm running Win7 natively, so it seems to be affecting everyone.

They might have forgot to update one of the CRC32 checksum values server-side during that step. Hope they'll fix it soon... It's a little annoying =)

If you're using win7, delete the existing files and then add them to the folder, it has problems with overwriting files that exist, if your install is in program files directory.

Uth - does this patch include the changes to DEX/CHA for bard missed notes as you indicated in your other post?

It should be.

moklianne
08-20-2011, 03:05 PM
wsock32.dll scares me :(

This bothers me as well.