PDA

View Full Version : frenzied ghoul issue?

Sponge
08-13-2011, 06:42 AM
14 hours non stop at frenzied, killing all 3 spawns soon as they come up, meaning I killed roughly 30 of each spawn point.

Saw frenzied 4 times at the left (west) spawn point. The middle and right spawn point he never spawned at. I find it hard to believe that there is no issue and he just simply did not spawn at middle or right after 30 kills at each.

Can anyone else confirm in the past few days seeing frenzied ONLY at left spawn point? Considering making a bug post.

SupaflyIRL
08-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Last time I camped him got him twice mid one right.

SupaflyIRL
08-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Also 14 hours non stop? Lmao.

KB_Trader
08-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Pretty sure the code didnt just randomly break so that only the right spawn point works.

Bubbles
08-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Last two times i seriously camped him ..

first time 2 sashes and maybe 5 rings over 57 straight hours on a laborday weekend (me + a buddy). I thought that was the ugly end of the RNG...

Second time was 21 hrs split over two days. I walked away with 3 rings, 0 sashes, and about 9 pairs of darkmail gauntlets.

So in my history i've seen 2 sashes drop in almost 80 hours.

I don't camp it for a reason.

Kingofqueens123
08-13-2011, 08:33 AM
iirc, frenzy can spawn in all 3 of the spots, even think more than 1 can spawn being that all 3 of the ghouls in that room are place holders for frenzy.

Troy
08-13-2011, 09:09 AM

And people think that 15-20k is a high price for a sash... at 40 hours plus the time it takes to actually get the camp, I'd say 15k is a steal.

SupaflyIRL
08-13-2011, 09:10 AM
He's just grasping for straws trying to get a reward to justify all his wasted time.

SupaflyIRL
08-13-2011, 09:12 AM
And people think that 15-20k is a high price for a sash... at 40 hours plus the time it takes to actually get the camp, I'd say 15k is a steal.

Or that people are bad at math if they camp frenzy with their primary goal being the sash and not xp with possible sash as a bonus. There are easier and more productive ways to make money.

Humwawa
08-13-2011, 12:56 PM

first time 2 sashes and maybe 5 rings over 57 straight hours on a laborday weekend (me + a buddy).

Haha, I remember this! You drove me out of Guk!

Yeah, Frenzy's sash drop rate is horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Kobias
08-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Let me first preface my post by saying: P1999 is not necessarily PEQ. I'm not a developer here, but I have noticed certain things are similar to PEQ. Recreating spawns and loot tables by hand is very, very cumbersome. Because of that, I can understand if they haven't diverged from PEQ in this aspect, and instead only changed what wasn't classic into classic.

Based on PEQ DB:
Named NPC Spawn Points:

SELECT SE.spawngroupID, npcID, NT.name, zone, chance, respawntime, `variance` from spawnentry SE
JOIN spawn2 S2 ON S2.spawngroupID = SE.spawngroupID
JOIN npc_types NT ON NT.id = npcID
WHERE npcID in (SELECT id FROM npc_types WHERE name LIKE '%frenzied_ghoul%')

Yields:
http://i.imgur.com/0au8b.jpg

Explanation:
-There are 3 Spawn points for the Frenzy
-Frenzy has a 10% Chance to spawn in each of those points.

NPC Loot Drops:

SELECT NT.id, NT.name, IT.name as "Item Name", LTE.probability, LTE.multiplier, LDE.chance from npc_types NT
JOIN loottable LT ON LT.id = NT.loottable_id
JOIN loottable_entries LTE ON LTE.loottable_id = LT.id
JOIN lootdrop_entries LDE ON LDE.lootdrop_id = LTE.lootdrop_id
JOIN items IT ON IT.id = LDE.item_id
where NT.id in (SELECT id FROM npc_types WHERE name LIKE '%frenzied_ghoul%')

Yields:
http://i.imgur.com/t6U7g.jpg

Explanation:

Probability => Chance that this item set appears
Multiplier => # of items that could drop from this. [1, Multiplier]
Chance => The probability this item drops from this set.
FBSS = 20% Chance, Moonstone Ring = 80% Chance

Again, re-emphasizing... this may or may not be P1999's loot drop values. However, I thought it might be interesting for you to look at in-case that they are identical... or at least give you hope that it'll drop eventually =)

Good luck!

ownrage
08-13-2011, 04:21 PM

first time 2 sashes and maybe 5 rings over 57 straight hours on a laborday weekend (me + a buddy). I thought that was the ugly end of the RNG...

Second time was 21 hrs split over two days. I walked away with 3 rings, 0 sashes, and about 9 pairs of darkmail gauntlets.

I don't camp it for a reason.

Me and Bubbles were so bored we had minotaur elder pulled to frenzy.

When you're pulling live side named to frenzy, you know you've been there too long. I nearly felt so sorry for him and almost bought the damn thing for him...coulda farmed enough SF's between me and him to cover the cost...

Troy
08-13-2011, 08:52 PM
There are easier and more productive ways to make money.

That's kind of the biggest issue with the EQ "economy" in my opinion. It's rarely if ever worthwhile to actually camp items instead of just farming plat.

Netherzul
08-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Took me 4 hours at Frenzy to get a sash. Saw the frenzied 3 times.

Kevlar
08-13-2011, 10:21 PM
I was shocked when I saw FBSS going for 15k here. They are like 1.5 to 2.5k on fippy and fairly common.

Now I know why.

Is the sash of the dragonborne more common?

Sponge
08-14-2011, 12:38 AM
He's just grasping for straws trying to get a reward to justify all his wasted time.

I never said I didn't get rewarded at the camp. I am just trying to understand how I didn't see Frenzy at middle or right spawn points for 30ish spawns at each, but 4 at left. Based on the responses here, there is likely no issue, so i'll just leave it alone.

Bubbles
08-14-2011, 11:15 AM

I don't recall asking for anything.

Haul
08-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Theres no way it's a 20% chance fbss, 80% ring lmao. I got 18 moonstone rings over the course of like 5 days and 40+ hours at camp before kunark release. That camp is straight gay, and I'd never do it again lol.

SupaflyIRL
08-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I was talking about the OP obviously.

SupaflyIRL
08-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Theres no way it's a 20% chance fbss, 80% ring lmao. I got 18 moonstone rings over the course of like 5 days and 40+ hours at camp before kunark release. That camp is straight gay, and I'd never do it again lol.

I'm bad at math but it seems you're worse. Someone double check but with 3 spawn points at 10% chance each to spawn means you should have a 3/10 chance of frenzy popping each spawn. With a 20% drop rate that means a 6% chance each spawn cycle to see a fbss. At 28 minutes a cycle you can expect to see one FBSS every 7.8 hours roughly, not sure how thy seems unreasonable to you. This also assumes the mobs are instakilled when they spawn etc so likely longer at 8-9 hours.

Badmartigan
08-14-2011, 03:15 PM
spawns like this are what make eq eq and not wow...

if you want easymode play wow =(

fishingme
08-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm bad at math but it seems you're worse. Someone double check but with 3 spawn points at 10% chance each to spawn means you should have a 3/10 chance of frenzy popping each spawn. With a 20% drop rate that means a 6% chance each spawn cycle to see a fbss. At 28 minutes a cycle you can expect to see one FBSS every 7.8 hours roughly, not sure how thy seems unreasonable to you. This also assumes the mobs are instakilled when they spawn etc so likely longer at 8-9 hours.

Sort of left out a factor here. Someone else camping frenzy spawn before you for, say, 4.8 hours. Then you could expect one to drop sooner, which it doesnt

SupaflyIRL
08-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Sort of left out a factor here. Someone else camping frenzy spawn before you for, say, 4.8 hours. Then you could expect one to drop sooner, which it doesnt

It could also not drop for 6 months, what's your point? Statistically you can expect one fbss every 8-9 hours, doesn't mean it couldn't drop on the first repop or not drop for a week.

fishingme
08-14-2011, 08:00 PM
It could also not drop for 6 months, what's your point? Statistically you can expect one fbss every 8-9 hours, doesn't mean it couldn't drop on the first repop or not drop for a week.

Wasn't trying to contradict you or anything, was just pointing it out

Glorfinrod
08-14-2011, 10:16 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

Hmend
08-15-2011, 04:03 AM
So the FBSS farmers are Now using the boards to inflate the prices of fbss even more now eh?

Well played friends, well played.

Bubbles
08-15-2011, 05:19 AM
So the FBSS farmers are Now using the boards to inflate the prices of fbss even more now eh?

Well played friends, well played.

It's pretty stupid rare

AND

dang near everyone has a melee twink, so it's never going to be outdated.

Taketz
08-15-2011, 12:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

This.

People don't understand statistics at all, and it's sometimes painful. If you flip a coin 100 times and it lands on heads every time, the odds that it lands on heads the next flip is *STILL* 50% (assuming a truly even procedure BUT DONT TRY ME SON).