PDA

View Full Version : Mad rush of Mages and Necros?

XiakenjaTZ
08-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I was present for one or two server openings. None of which will be like this. Most of them had a huge force of mages and necros running around (of which I was one 2 boxing on Alpha and Omega)

I assume the reason is that it is easy gank mode PvP early on and they are the easiest to level and camp gear for you main you plan to roll after you camped that yak and fbss. I know thats why I did it.

There was some guild that did that one one of the latter boxes and killed Naggy within a 2 days or so.

With the brutal experience that will be on Red99 do you all see that happening again?

You can't 2 box and I am not sure how fast a group of 6 mages could get to 50 on Red99. Those of you who played on Blue99 how long does it take?

Xiak

Vile
08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Yes. Unless you have a dedicated group to roll with expect to see a ton of solo classes.

Especially: mage, necro, druid, shaman imo..

freakyuno
08-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Yes. Unless you have a dedicated group to roll with expect to see a ton of solo classes.

Especially: mage, necro, druid, shaman imo..

When I opened project zek; and had no boxing allowed initially, I had 19 druids, 4 mages, 1 necros, 1 bard, and 1 shaman.

Everyone who's played on any box, gets tired of running around, Druids are king in a world where zones are huge.

XiakenjaTZ
08-10-2011, 11:03 AM
I was just thinking...

This will be the first box where you will need the help of other people to camp some of the basic items.

From what i read it takes a decent group to hold down frenzied room or something similar with the p99 code. No more 2 people killing Trannix real fast, or am i mistaken... Can a 50 necro solo in lower guk?

I suppose thats where all of the forced social interaction comes in that we all hate but we all miss. On the old boxes you got all your gear solo except for raid encounters and epics here you will need help for just about everything.

Jadian
08-10-2011, 02:48 PM
There were mages nearing (if not reaching) level 50 within a week of P99 going live. Mostly because of things that have been fixed at this point (ZEM modifiers, faction fixes, mob tweaks).

Charm was broken for a long time as well and any charming class could do just about whatever they wanted. Enc's farmed Kedge and SolB (Undertow, Estrella, Freeti), Necro's farmed Guk (Frenzy, Lord, AM). This was 2nd-3rd week stuff.

JayDee
08-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Mage pets on p99 are significantly less strong and more reflective of live pets than vztz mage pets were.

Hopefully after some further modification to their dmg output in pvp (higher miss rates/more dmg being mitigated by ac), it will slow down the influx of mages.

EkireiTheNecro
08-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Bahahhahahahahah.

You guys still waitin on Red99 huh!?

Tonomar
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Bahahhahahahahah.

You guys still waitin on Red99 huh!?

Sadly, yes... We hear rumors about it, then furiously master bate to the thought of a P99 red. We hear "rumors" about once every 3 months, Rogean keeps us in the loop pretty well.

valithteezee
08-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm not going to roll a caster. If it's classic XP then I don't want to have to re-roll my main after grinding for 3 month's on a mage/necro.