PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: faction

Goobles
10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
It seems that the decrease in faction is workign just fine, but the increase is non-existant. For example, I've handed in 40+ ears to Bosec and I'm still amiable. I handed in 20+ Koalindl to Enic Ruklin, not even a minor faction change.

utenan
10-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Factions get more difficult to increase as the better your faction is, I remember on live someone turning in 60 ears to get from dubious to indiff, so I dont thnik there are any problems

i had to kill a ton of kobalds, maybe a hundred, to go from indiff to amiable with gemchoppers

Goobles
10-31-2009, 08:28 PM
This doesn't explain the Koalindl issue, though. I handed in 20+ Koalindl to get from Amiable to Amiable.

Also, that quest is supposed to be only doable at Amiable faction but it seems as low as dubious and reap the rewards/.

emubird
11-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Quest factions are pretty much non-classic across the board. Starting factions for quests are all wrong, it seems, and required factions for rewards are pretty much nonexistant.

One obvious case in point is the Stein of Moggok quest, which requires no faction work, at all, to complete on our server. In classic, it literally took weeks just to get faction required for parts of the quest. There were many steins already on our server in week two.

Another is Lynuga's quest in Innothule Swamp. All players seem to start indifferent with her and can get her quest. She should be killing on sight any players hostile to the Broken Skull faction (everyone but trolls to begin with). Her quest has become one of the easiest sources of money flow on our server, and is being used quite heavily.

It is unfortunate that factions are non-classic in so many ways, a lot of the depth of the server is lost when faction is partially eliminated like this.

Goobles
11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
This is really rediculous.. over 100 ears turned in and NO change in faction. Things are DEFINITELY broken here.

Somekid123
11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
That Lyguna troll chick hates me and im a druid halfling, started out KOS without killing any trolls, I know a human who had the same problem, she is not indifferent to everyone.

Also her quest is for Ivan. Hoop, turn in 1 Ruby and you have maybe a 50/50 chance of getting a cash item back. Vendor that cash item and its still less plat then what the ruby cost to buy from the merchant, what cash flow are you speaking of?

Wenai
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
This is really rediculous.. over 100 ears turned in and NO change in faction. Things are DEFINITELY broken here.
Do you even know how faction works?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cxhuex.jpg

If the quest gives +1 to a faction for completition, then it would take you 300 turn-ins to go from Amiably to Kindly. It all depends on what the quest is set to. The problem is that in a lot of cases, the numerical + value associated with a quest is not known.

Goobles
11-02-2009, 07:59 AM
I assume every quest is set to +1 then?

Wonton
11-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Thats how I remember it too, Wenai. I'm just not sure if its actually working... has anyone actually tested it?

Goobles
11-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Well I know that Koalindl quest should put you to max faction with 10 fish from amiable...

I did the quest from 8 to 12 and didn't move a rank. Something is busted.

Sundawg
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Faction rewards for the Koalindl quest increased a long time ago.

Left Goblin Ear quest working as intended.

Move to resolved.