08-07-2011, 07:57 PM
You heard it here first

Tonomar
08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Twat?

Bardalicious
08-07-2011, 08:10 PM
An EQLive progression style PVP server?

Meh. I didn't care for all the discrepancies of the live progression servers. Sony doesn't deserve our monies imo.

Vile
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Jesus christ.. fuck all the boxes

Tonomar
08-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Yah, and imagine all the hacking that's gonna be going on... Lawl, no thxs.

Envious
08-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah... I've heard horror stories of the hacking that goes happens on Flippie, couldnt imagine this thing.

Bardalicious
08-07-2011, 08:47 PM

Salty
08-07-2011, 08:48 PM
They named it sleeper just because. Not because it's a server trying to be close to live.

Knuckle
08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
dude that will suck major dick.. eq live is complete shit, its nothing like classic style i wont be playing there

fiegi
08-07-2011, 08:52 PM
chuck and pals pass

Bardalicious
08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
They named it sleeper just because. Not because it's a server trying to be close to live.

How about some actual information on this shit instead of half assed responses and posts?

Is this EQLive or EQEmu?

If it's EQLive why should we give a shit?

If it's EQEmu who is running this box?

Salty
08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
How about some actual information on this shit instead of half assed responses and posts?

Is this EQLive or EQEmu?

If it's EQLive why should we give a shit?

If it's EQEmu who is running this box?

Two dudes I never heard of.

Eqemu.

So far it seems pretty damn stable, I'm running around helping them test things for the peeveepees.

JayDee
08-07-2011, 09:22 PM
just received word from macken

he will be playing

Envious
08-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I might check this out. Box'ing allowed?

Been a whiel since I 6 box'd.

Knuckle
08-07-2011, 10:23 PM
should let it be two boxxing, guarantee it would have the highest pop. till red99 comes out

Envious
08-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Typical EMU exp curve? I can ding 60 in 1 night?

Secrets
08-07-2011, 11:00 PM
You heard it here first

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

salty running a pvp server

Bardalicious
08-07-2011, 11:21 PM

Shaddap and give me the VZTZ source and DB already god damnit. Who's dick do I gotta suck around here to make this happen?

Envious
08-07-2011, 11:21 PM

Salty's server? Rofl, getting MQ and ShowEQ now.

Titanuk
08-07-2011, 11:25 PM

Secrets laughing at someone else running a server?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Salty
08-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm not running a server brew

Sorry you can't keep a server up for a month but hang around EMU balls for YEARS

(Don't ban me for saying mean things to secrets)

Envious
08-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Dont get me wrong... I'll applaud Salty for DOING it... but well...

Its like 2 or 3 years late (he promised one hack free years ago)
He is a known MQ user, and proliferated MQ throughout a whole guild
Blue on Live
Might as well have been blue on EMU
Will prolly be selling plat and gear within a week.

Salty
08-07-2011, 11:33 PM

p99 source = jew gold

Nyrod
08-08-2011, 02:27 AM
i have a slightly older version of VZTZ source when voidd hosted it on my system but i dunno if its worth looking at, im sure you could find a more updated one

muffins
08-08-2011, 02:57 AM
This server should just combine forces with PZ server. Enough with this shit, allow 2boxing and put out a real server. Holy fuck.

nalkin
08-08-2011, 03:24 AM
Seems kind of strange that salty would make a server with r99 looming in the near future since r99 will more than likely be the server of choice. But eh I guess its fashionable to make a red server of recent

Secrets
08-08-2011, 05:13 AM

Sorry you can't keep a server up for a month but hang around EMU balls for YEARS

(Don't ban me for saying mean things to secrets)

Still contributed more fixes than you have in your entire time here. Unless you count MQ2 as a fix LOL

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Still contributed more fixes than you have in your entire time here. Unless you count MQ2 as a fix LOL

Secrets stop ignoring my requests for the VZTZ source and database man. I want to contribute for a change, halp me out here.

Secrets
08-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Secrets stop ignoring my requests for the VZTZ source and database man. I want to contribute for a change, halp me out here.

I already linked a .patch on vallontallonzek.com and the database is located here. (http://vallontallonzek.com/Final-Backup.rar)

Quests are here (http://vallontallonzek.com/Quests.rar)

What more do you people want from me?

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I already linked a .patch on vallontallonzek.com and the database is located here. (http://vallontallonzek.com/Final-Backup.rar)

That's all I wanted, sheesh.

Thanks.

Tajin
08-08-2011, 10:26 AM

You've done well, with ur goal of having a stable and prosperous pvp server. That is all we can ask for, the rest is on Rogean, here's to hoping red99 happens soonish!

eastadam55
08-08-2011, 12:21 PM
PvP servers for everyone!

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:13 PM

Easy to say when you get to work with the Jew Gold p99 source while EVERYONE else doesn't. If it was released, there would be better pvp servers. I'm not going to waste my time fixing things such as the Quillmane spawn which is ALWAYS broke when a new server opens. There is absolutely no reason for people to constantly fix the same exact shit just to push out a server.

Simple as that, people like you are contributors to the EQ project. How does it feel that everything you contribute to projects such a P99 will never see the light of day? Everything that's been worked on for p99 is not contributed back into the community to make the project stronger.

Staff is too ignorant.

Seems kind of strange that salty would make a server

This is why you are dumb and not worthy of Kimmie.

Not my server son.

A pvp server that is stable. You can't provide that, thanks anyway.

Everything that you "work on" is mediocre.

nilbog
08-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Easy to say when you get to work with the Jew Gold p99 source while EVERYONE else doesn't. If it was released, there would be better pvp servers.

Eqemu has been open source for a long time. There can be greater achievements made towards a goal if there are fewer hands and stupid ideas integrated into the whole. It doesn't seem like that should be the case, but without direction, fixes are sporadic and don't mesh well together.

When I started the project, I used the public branch for everything. That provided the basic framework for everything p99. I appreciate all of it, even the parts that are wrong.

If more people developed instead of wanting/demanding something for nothing, there would be better pve AND pvp servers.

You are ignorant. Make a server of your own.

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Eqemu has been open source for a long time. There can be greater achievements made towards a goal if there are fewer hands and stupid ideas integrated into the whole. It doesn't seem like that should be the case, but without direction, fixes are sporadic and don't mesh well together.

When I started the project, I used the public branch for everything. That provided the basic framework for everything p99. I appreciate all of it, even the parts that are wrong.

If more people developed instead of wanting/demanding something for nothing, there would be better pve AND pvp servers.

You are ignorant. Make a server of your own.

You made a server off of the backs of others.

You even state you had the help of the community to get off the ground.

You don't help others get off the ground.

You don't appreciate anything or we would have something ACTUALLY STABLE to work with.

You are the leader of the best Emu project to date. You would think you would advance EMU, but you don't.

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Eqemu has been open source for a long time.

Stopped at Nilbog.

nilbog
08-08-2011, 01:28 PM
i deserve this and that, but don't want to do any work.

Started working on a server yet?

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Started working on a server yet?

Not going to spend time fixing things that plagued your server for the first year, and every other server ever released on EQEMU.

You are too unintelligent to understand that the whole "Creating an EMU" is bunk from the start when the source isn't even close to stable.

Did you know right now you can dupe money in Sol Temple on your server? Thought not.

How many times have kids on this server fixed or pointed out exploits to you? How many times have individuals helped you out to create this server better?

You can't be a White Knight for the Emu project? You are greedy.

nilbog
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Not going to spend time fixing things that plagued your server for the first year, and every other server every released on EQEMU.

You are too unintelligent to understand that the whole "Creating an EMU" is bunk from the start when the source isn't even close to stable.

Did you know right now you can dupe money in Sol Temple on your server? Thought not.

Thanks for proving my point.

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks for proving my point.

You're shitting all over the EQEMU community not allowing it to advance itself into a project where individuals from all around the world can create their own STABLE Everquest experience.

Are you seriously too dumb to understand that?

nilbog
08-08-2011, 01:46 PM
You're shitting all over the EQEMU community not allowing it to advance itself into a project where individuals from all around the world can create their own STABLE Everquest experience.

Are you seriously too dumb to understand that?

I must be too dumb bro.

Goal: Recreate classic eq.

Progress: In progress.

Papaver
08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Salty.. How much time and energy are you going to spend here bitching? If you would use your time constructively, maybe in a short time you could roll out a server that people would be willing to play on.

Why come here and bitch looking for handouts? P99 has the player base it does because the developers obviously wanted to create a unique experience that was lacking in the community, and now you want to find fault with them for that? It is just the epitome of ungratefulness that the internet seems to exude continuously.

If you want to make your own server then do it and stop acting like a kid throwing a tantrum in the middle of a candy store.

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Salty.. How much time and energy are you going to spend here bitching?

I'm going to bitch to uphold the notion that ALL emu players should have the chance to release an EQEMU server for two reasons.

1. Advance Stability of the entire emu project
2. Allow "fresh meat" developers to come into play

This server, like all others, exists because of servers in the past. P99 contributions would make the entire project better than it is today.

This is pure fact.

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I must be too dumb bro.

Goal: Recreate classic eq.

Progress: In progress.

You are a grunt.

Recreate classic.

How to make Eqemu better? DO NOTHING? YES YOU GOT IT!!!!!!

smartest guy on Emu for real... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I get PMs from people on here who think I'm the biggest piece of shit on the server, yet they are able to tell me when I am right and YOU are wrong.

Thank You
For saying what we are all thinking.

It's a fucking joke that the team at P99, the BEST EQEmu server that's ever been released, is also the leaders of the EQEmu project. Yet the EQEmu project and database are lightyears behind in stability compared to P99.

I highly doubt the creators of EQEmu had the vision of hording the "jew gold" in mind when they passed it on to nilbog. The project needs someone that actually works to advance it for christ sake. I'll never understand why any server working off of an open source project would not want to advance the work that they started with for the benefit of others.

Anyways, glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Keep fighting the good fight !

Vile
08-08-2011, 01:57 PM
lol @ jew gold references... this is awesome.

it's true though.. p99 not being open source at this point is fucking lame.

w/e br0z.

Papaver
08-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm going to bitch to uphold the notion that ALL emu players should have the chance to release an EQEMU server for two reasons.

1. Advance Stability of the entire emu project
2. Allow "fresh meat" developers to come into play

I agree, and they already can:

1. http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list
2. http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/checkout

You could do so much more to contribute to the eqemu project than complain that the developers of p99 have done an awesome job.

Salty
08-08-2011, 02:01 PM
I agree, and they already can:

1. http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list
2. http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/checkout

You could do so much more to contribute to the eqemu project than complain that the developers of p99 have done an awesome job.

That code is NOT stable and doesn't work correctly.

Which is why this convo is taking place.

Database isn't an issue. Things like the Zone_Server are.

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM
It is rather mind boggling that any server, which starts with the OPEN SOURCE code from EQEmu, would keep their fixes private.

I'm fairly sure the vision of EQEmu and any open source project in general is to work together for the betterment of said project, to the benefit of everyone.

I can understand that P99 staff has selflessly put years of work into this project, and with that comes a yearning to keep things private. However, if that work, and any server listed through EQEmu in general were hosted as open source as well, EQEmu servers and the community would be 10x stronger because of it. We'd have a higher quality of server across the entire board, plus the general community would be able to help contribute fixes to specific servers if they had access to the source each were running.

On top of that, I believe that it would lure in more developers for the betterment of the project. Having to start with and fix the same issues time and time again, knowing that others have done the work and kept it private for personal gain, is disheartening. Having everything transparent encourages people to work together for a common goal.

just my 2c ofc

Salty
08-08-2011, 02:18 PM
So why not work on stabilizing it

Because right now I'm archiving social media data on the middle east.

Finding racism in #oslo #norway was more interesting to me.

http://www.r-shief.org/visual/twitter_stats.PNG

I yell muslim, you yell terrorist; it gets the same thing accomplished. Racism bro.

Lazortag
08-08-2011, 02:21 PM
If eqemu had a better community I might say that p99 should go open source. Instead you have people who are lazy as hell and don't put 1/100th of the work that goes into p99. Sure eqemu should have better stock code for people to work with, but why should that stock code be p99's? If p99 went open source everyone would just free ride on their success and not work on anything since they wouldn't need to, since the original p99 devs will just fix everything for them.

Salty, the ONLY reason you want p99 to go open source is so that you can start a parallel p99 server for your FoH buddies. You've said this openly on the FoH forums, don't act like your intentions are pure.

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Sure eqemu should have better stock code for people to work with, but why should that stock code be p99's?

Some people hold P99 to a higher standard because they took over and lead EQEmu as well. Personally, if it were my responsibility to lead an open source project like EQEmu, I'd want to help contribute fixes to the base code that I had worked on for my own server. It seems logical to me, as that is somewhat the point of having the project open source to begin with.

Doors
08-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Big Gaygoo shitting all over salty semen

Secrets
08-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Everything that you "work on" is mediocre.

name something you worked on, besides shitty graphs of the middle east that no one gives two shits about

Salty
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
name something you worked on, besides shitty graphs of the middle east that no one gives two shits about

You can't comprehend the vast awesomeness of projects I've worked on.

GamerDNA is the fifth largest gamer-focused advertising network in the U.S. and Europe, reaching over 48 million total unique visitors per month worldwide. GamerDNA connects advertisers to popular gaming sites, which focus mostly on hard core gaming.

The Uberguilds Network, which networked guild sites, reached 500k. Opening up to gaming communities reached 8mill. Opening up advertising reached 20mill. Continued to grow to 48 million.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/loadNews/7619

The company has been acquired, changed names, yadda yadda over the years.

But ya, that's the things I work on. Bringing crowds together.

Something that was proven in 2009 emu when 360 pals were under the "Fish Bait" tag on glorious pvp.

So what have you worked on? Fixes for an emu project that do little to provide a stable environment for Everquest gameplay?

The horn you toot is unimpressive.

Titanuk
08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
You've done well, with ur goal of having a stable and prosperous pvp server. That is all we can ask for, the rest is on Rogean, here's to hoping red99 happens soonish!

plz

Titanuk
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
500$ for Roagan if he opens red99
just sayin

fiegi
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
send here

visage
08-08-2011, 10:50 PM
This thread is laughable. Great lets hand over Project1999s fixes and code etc. Watch the player base split. There by making the one server that is actually worth a shit on EQ Emu go down in flames. The player base is what makes project 1999 so sucessful besides all the hard work the Devs put into it. Take away either one , eventually it will be in the same position you kids are in. A shit hole. No thanks EQemu as a whole was never that groundbreaking server wise. This server is. Respect this server because IT IS EQ EMU.

Titanuk
08-08-2011, 11:21 PM
send here

u will send me once red99 opens and are bet is complete

fiegi
08-08-2011, 11:24 PM
ehehehehe

Badmartigan
08-08-2011, 11:25 PM
This thread is laughable. Great lets hand over Project1999s fixes and code etc. Watch the player base split. There by making the one server that is actually worth a shit on EQ Emu go down in flames. The player base is what makes project 1999 so sucessful besides all the hard work the Devs put into it. Take away either one , eventually it will be in the same position you kids are in. A shit hole. No thanks EQemu as a whole was never that groundbreaking server wise. This server is. Respect this server because IT IS EQ EMU.

their point is that eqemu was always about being opensource.. and when the p99 devs took it over people expect them to make the p99 code opensource as well..

I think its their decision and theirs alone but the people make a point.

Envious
08-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Gotta love how Salty always brings up this message board social networking (or whateer you wanna call it) shit like it fucking matters to anyone else.

Secrets has contributed to EMU for years.
Salty has been a fail at playing EMU for years.

Seems clear.

Envious
08-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Not to mention Salty rode Alloria's coattails the whole damn way~

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 11:30 PM

You are better suited posting pictures of yourself and talking about sucking penises for a living. Go grab your box of crayons and continue to draw pretty pictures while the adults discuss things of importance.

The project is called "EQEmulator" not "Project99 Personal Playground". Your argument is that EQEmu should be shit so that Project99 can prosper, and its that exact thought pattern that people like myself have a problem with.

Project 1999 exists because EQEmulator existed before it, people like you seem to forget that. To me and others it seems like a pretty evident conflict of interest that points back to that thought pattern when the person that took over the EQEmulator project also runs the best Emulator server to grace the list, yet the EQEmulator project is light years behind Project 99 in terms of stability.

Secrets
08-09-2011, 01:47 AM
You can't comprehend the vast awesomeness of projects I've worked on.

You also can't compare to something that no one cares about (php dev shit, with frameworks already in place for you is laughable) to coding this project. Especially after the reversing I have done, and the amount of times you've been caught using MQ2 on various servers is through the roof. How about you stop getting caught using MQ2, and then we'll talk about things you've contributed to this world. As far as I am concerned, you are not needed or wanted anywhere.

You are a cancer to everything including your own projects, and even then, it's just a bunch of like-minded exploiting retards (FOH, Uberguilds) in the same area circlejerking about whatever the fuck it may be.

Lazortag
08-09-2011, 02:11 AM
You also can't compare to something that no one cares about (php dev shit, with frameworks already in place for you is laughable) to coding this project. Especially after the reversing I have done, and the amount of times you've been caught using MQ2 on various servers is through the roof. How about you stop getting caught using MQ2, and then we'll talk about things you've contributed to this world. As far as I am concerned, you are not needed or wanted anywhere.

You are a cancer to everything including your own projects, and even then, it's just a bunch of like-minded exploiting retards (FOH, Uberguilds) in the same area circlejerking about whatever the fuck it may be.

Salty, you got served.

Grahm
08-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah P99 post your shit and then i can make the exact same server, but except classic without Kunark and then we can split the population ;)

ALSO, rogean has been on this,if not leading, EMU project for as long as i can remember, and i have been playing EQEmu for almost 6?ish years. Yall are DUMB

Envious
08-09-2011, 05:29 AM
R99 would not split P99 server pop.

Instead of P99 having 800 online a night.
R99 might have 250, P99 might have 700.

If R99 took half of P99's population... it would be beyond epic.

And yes, Salty sucks shit and will likely be shunned / banned of R99.

nilbog
08-09-2011, 07:40 AM
The project is called "EQEmulator" not "Project99 Personal Playground". Your argument is that EQEmu should be shit so that Project99 can prosper, and its that exact thought pattern that people like myself have a problem with.

Anyone can create a server and put it on the public list, and name it "personal playground". This server was named, "a work in progress" for a long time. In terms of eqemulator.org, they didn't even want our work originally because the objective of eqemulator is to emulate current LIVE as closely as possible. Creating a classic server with classic mechanics is custom in this community. By your logic, each and every player should be developing for an open source eqemulator, instead of playing servers. I mean, how dare you play, yet not contribute? :P

their point is that eqemu was always about being opensource.. and when the p99 devs took it over people expect them to make the p99 code opensource as well..

I think its their decision and theirs alone but the people make a point.

Rogean is the eqemulator.org administrator. He is a project1999 server administrator and dev. I am project1999 founder, dev, and project manager. I wasn't aware that either one of us took over anything. Rogean didn't join P99 till it launched, and I don't have a blue/red name on the eqemulator forums.

So.. this is like asking each server on the list for their work, merely because they are part of eqemulator as a whole. As far as I know, none of the servers are "open source" except for peq(?).

Hope this clears up some confusion.

Vile
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Salty makes some points but is still the Underlord imo... never an Overlord.

freakyuno
08-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Salty makes some points but is still the Underlord imo... never an Overlord.

I'd also like to add to this discussion, that if you play around in the source, which is openly available, you find plenty of code, comments, and revisions added by the p99 team, as fixes to the emulator server.