PDA

View Full Version : Project Zek is Up

freakyuno
08-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I got Secrets database and code, the server is up. It's not 100% stable ATM but it's been wiped and it's ready to go. Some items to note:

1.) Resists and spellfile are a little strange - work in progress
2.) AC works now, so melee hits are lower than you're used to - still tuning
3.) Server was wiped because of exploits on planar / god loot giving a miniority an unfair advantage

4.) Xp should be close to classic - still tuning
5.) The server will NOT be wiped again, but database changes are still happening.

6.) Hacking will be monitored closely - we have logs, and we'll use them!

7.) Charm / Fear will NOT work in pvp

8.) Pvp is a +- 10 level limit

9.) Boxing is NOT allowed

10.) This runs the VZTZ code

11.) Charm system is being reworked, currently it seems a little flaky

12.) Crashing zones, or duplicating will be bannable on the first offense

13.) Dedicated developers and GM's that are on every day.

Good luck, have fun, and feel free to ask GM's in game if you have any issues at all. the /bug and /petition system DO work, use them please.

naez
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
wutdo

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/e/e2/DONOTWANTGREENEGGSANDHAM.jpg

JayDee
08-01-2011, 09:19 PM
can't log in

meta`
08-01-2011, 09:23 PM
can't log in

There are people in already.

Bardalicious
08-01-2011, 09:41 PM
lol

Amuk
08-01-2011, 11:10 PM
We'll be waiten for ya on red69 when this shuts down.

Bardalicious
08-01-2011, 11:26 PM
We'll be waiten for ya on red69 when this shuts down.

:o

Harrison
08-02-2011, 01:02 AM
We're more likely to be able to hack on red69 so we'll be there until we get banned.

Salty
08-02-2011, 01:51 AM
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/e/e2/DONOTWANTGREENEGGSANDHAM.jpg

JayDee
08-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Have a good feeling about this box. will be playing here and getting a head start for when red69 goes down in flames.

Qauz
08-02-2011, 03:18 AM
we shall see who has the last laf

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 07:17 AM
God damn you Secrets. God damn you.

Aenor
08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Freakyuno,

Are mage pets better tanks than warriors on your server?

meta`
08-02-2011, 11:29 AM
A little update this morning, str and ac both work correctly. resists have been tweaked a bit and seem much better.

Knuckle
08-02-2011, 12:11 PM
No boxxing allowed? no thanks not leveling another SK to 50.

Crenshinabon
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Why must we have competing pvp servers!
Doh!

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Why must we have competing pvp servers!
Doh!

Project Zek | Box 5.0 - Population: 0

Doesn't seem like much of a competition to me. No offense to freaky but he hasn't exactly gone about releasing his server professionally. And I doubt most people know him. Not exactly the best criteria for investing time in a box after the track record of most of them lately.

Half-assed release worked for Secrets because people knew the code, the database and him.

meta`
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
The population is nil because there is already an active pvp server out that people enjoy.

You have to take into account that the eqemulator pvp population is so small, that having 2 different servers is going to yield bad results for one of them.. which is fine with me because either way we're having fun fixing things that the previous vztz boxes failed to ever get done, I can't tell you why that was so - maybe because of an unmotivated staff or whatever, we aren't forcing anyone to play.

I can tell you that freaky is an extremely competent coder and though he doesn't have a "name" for himself around this community, I have complete confidence in him. The motivation is there, and that's really all it takes. Servers come and go as we've seen in the past, which is why I won't be playing red69. I have respect for both the devs there, and thank them for what they are doing, but for now I'm going to do my own thing while we all wait on a server backed by Rogean and maybe his staff. Which apparently is something that might come to fruition soon if you hang around the p99 irc channel at all.

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I can tell you that freaky is an extremely competent coder

I'm not all that convinced by this because he seemingly didn't know what a .patch file was for...

freakyuno
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm not all that convinced by this because he seemingly didn't know what a .patch file was for...

Which makes perfect sense...because a .patch file has nothing to do with coding. It's an SVN repository diff file. I'm not experienced in SVN, I'm an enterprise developer, we use things like VSS and TFS for our projects.

Not that sure you know how to measure a good coder, if you are measuring a coder by their knowledge of repository tools. =P

Dantes
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Project Zek | Box 5.0 - Population: 0

The 12 guys who like PVP aren't there? Hmm.

meta`
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
The 12 guys who like PVP aren't there? Hmm.

While I appreciate your concern over the pvp community, believe it or not, the general interest is alot larger than you may think :P

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Which makes perfect sense...because a .patch file has nothing to do with coding.

You're joking, right? Considering it's a differential comparison of all the changes to the SOURCE CODE of a project. That's pretty fundamental to the point it boggles my mind.

I also don't trust the integrity of someone that doesn't respond to a single PM after asking to GM for his server. Nor someone that doesn't take the minimal effort to share a database that WASN'T HIS in the first place after he struggled to get it himself.

But hey, we're each entitled to our opinions, right?

muffins
08-02-2011, 03:36 PM
so the whole point of your ranting was because someone didn't respond to your gm request

ok

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 03:42 PM
so the whole point of your ranting was because someone didn't respond to your gm request

ok

I didn't PM him asking to be a GM, he asked me, I guess you missed that part in the rant or it wasn't very clear.

freakyuno
08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
You're joking, right? Considering it's a differential comparison of all the changes to the SOURCE CODE of a project. That's pretty fundamental to the point it boggles my mind.

I also don't trust the integrity of someone that doesn't respond to a single PM after asking to GM for his server. Nor someone that doesn't take the minimal effort to share a database that WASN'T HIS in the first place after he struggled to get it himself.

But hey, we're each entitled to our opinions, right?

Thats the beauty of the internet. You dont have to trust me. Hope you find what you're looking for in a server.

Bardalicious
08-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Thats the beauty of the internet. You dont have to trust me. Hope you find what you're looking for in a server.

Nobody has to trust you. That's true. However it's been proven time and time again that all these little PVP boxes last 2 weeks before the server admin we "didn't need to trust" ends up flaking out, shit canning the time we invested into developing a character for the 100th time around.

And you sir, seem exceptionally flaky. I haven't heard of you before these forums and despite all of the contempt I hold for Image and Devnoob, at least they have a reputation among EQEmu development. The only thing you have is the work of the VZTZ PVP devs that came before you, which you've already put to shame by safeguarding like it was your work to begin with. A server that was patchworked together that we have no real knowledge of and no dedicated place to congregate to discuss. A not-so-convincing message on the forums that you aren't going to "wipe it" yet your in-game motd states that you may change your mind.

So yes, good luck on earning the trust of any significant portion of the community to get them to play there. I think Naez pretty much summed it up at the beginning.

freakyuno
08-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Nobody has to trust you. That's true. However it's been proven time and time again that all these little PVP boxes last 2 weeks before the server admin we "didn't need to trust" ends up flaking out, shit canning the time we invested into developing a character for the 100th time around.

And you sir, seem exceptionally flaky. I haven't heard of you before these forums and despite all of the contempt I hold for Image and Devnoob, at least they have a reputation among EQEmu development. The only thing you have is the work of the VZTZ PVP devs that came before you, which you've already put to shame by safeguarding like it was your work to begin with. A server that was patchworked together that we have no real knowledge of and no dedicated place to congregate to discuss. A not-so-convincing message on the forums that you aren't going to "wipe it" yet your in-game motd states that you may change your mind.

So yes, good luck on earning the trust of any significant portion of the community to get them to play there. I think Naez pretty much summed it up at the beginning.

Play where you want bro. Seriously. I'm not asking you to trust me, I'm not asking anyone to come to my server. I'm simply providing an experience that was going to vanish (and did). I've got the VZTZ code up and running, we are in a development phase, but it's moving along. Secrets got a great oportunity to be part of something thats going to create the best PvP server out to date...I dont blame him for jumping at the oportunity. Until that happens, my server is up and running. I'm doing it for MY experience as well, to work with the database, the code, the pvp server administration, etc.

Secrets provided me with the code and database so I could get a server up and running. I said in a thread before this, that I havent released it, because it was "given" to me. I'm not hording it because it's my work. I'm hording it because it's NOT my work. I've heard nothing from Secrets on whether or not he wanted it to be publicly available. I'd think if he did, it'd be on a fileshare somewhere eh? Get in touch and see if he'll give it to you, it's very likely he will, after all, he gave it to me...an "unknown" right?

Like I said, I hope you find the server your looking for man.

Salty
08-02-2011, 05:11 PM
You guys should hook up with Devnoob/Images.

freakyuno
08-02-2011, 05:21 PM
For now, so we dont have to utilize the p99 forums, especially since they have plans for their own PvP server:

http://projectzek.dyndns.org

That'll get you to the forums. Temporary host to get them up and running.

Thanks

Bardalicious
08-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Been a week since this server has been "up" and freakyuno still hasn't released the VZTZ code and DB like he said he would when he got to "a good stopping point".

I guess you still don't care that nobody gives a shit about your server (hence 0 pop at all times) hey?

muffins
08-08-2011, 12:59 AM
You are very hostile to someone who is just trying to give to the eqemu pvp community.

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 01:17 AM
You are very hostile to someone who is just trying to give to the eqemu pvp community.

I'm glad the tone of my message was accurately conveyed.

He's not giving to the EQEmu pvp community just because he is hosting a server nobody is playing on.

Giving to the EQEmu community would be releasing the source code and database for the most recent VZTZ for others to utilize and work on. The code and database he received was the collective work of everyone that dev'd for VZTZ. It's not for him, Secrets nor anyone else to safeguard from the people that want it as if it was their own work.

It's getting a little tiring that all of these little PVP boxes go through the same bugs every time they open, isn't it? Mitigation issues, AC not working, resists being fucked up etc. People need to stop guarding this shit like... "jew gold" as Salty would put it.

He could have easily uploaded said files somewhere when he got them, but instead he made false promises and flaked out on them. So yes, it's for those combined reasons that I'm irritated.

eastadam55
08-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Don't mean to cause no fuss bard but why do you need the code?

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Don't mean to cause no fuss bard but why do you need the code?

Because I'd like to start an open source repository of said files for the people that want to use and contribute to bettering the EQEmu PVP community.

The VZTZ code and database had it's share of problems, yes, but it is certainly a better starting point than PEQ or the seemingly outdated VZTZ on google code from 2 years ago.

Shrubwise
08-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Because I'd like to start an open source repository

What was that about nerds and repositories, Bardy? :)

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 01:57 AM
What was that about nerds and repositories, Bardy? :)

Oh I'm sorry, was your personal server repository of meme's used to insult people supposed to compare to my vision of an open source repository of EQEmu PVP server code to help people?

Go away, u dumb.

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 01:57 AM
P.S. also since ur following me into legitimate discussions, it's pretty obv:

u mad

Shrubwise
08-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Oh I'm sorry, was your personal server repository of meme's used to insult people supposed to compare to my vision of an open source repository of EQEmu PVP server code to help people?

Repository's a repository, right?

Shrubwise
08-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Here, I went out of my way to make one, just for you :)

http://www.thefirstruleaboutfightclubisyoudonottalkaboutf ightclub.com/images/bardyhelpspeople.gif

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Repository's a repository, right?

Sure. I'll fill a repository (toilet bowl) with shit and trade it to you for a repository (your bank account) filled with money.

Sound fair?

Go away, u dumb.

muffins
08-08-2011, 02:50 AM
The code is out there Bard. if someone REALLY wanted to work on it, they would have done so by now. As far as I can tell, Freaky is the only person putting in time to fix bugs that other hosts of VZTZ couldn't do. (He's already handled some of them).. I mean if you want to fix it, then do it. I don't understand why you're begging for code that is already available via google.

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 02:54 AM
The code is out there Bard. if someone REALLY wanted to work on it, they would have done so by now. As far as I can tell, Freaky is the only person putting in time to fix bugs that other hosts of VZTZ couldn't do. (He's already handled some of them).. I mean if you want to fix it, then do it. I don't understand why you're begging for code that is already available via google.

The code on google is from two years ago. I find it hard to believe that the source and database that Secrets ran on Locked and Loaded was the code from VZTZ 2009.

Hence why Freaky obtained the updated DB and source from Secrets.

muffins
08-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Anyways, this server now allows 2boxing. People actually need to give it a shot, worth it imo. Was talking to freaky the other day. He's on everyday fixing and implementing things. He mentioned something about assists showing up in YT. Could be fun, just like the old days.

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Anyways, this server now allows 2boxing. People actually need to give it a shot, worth it imo. Was talking to freaky the other day. He's on everyday fixing and implementing things. He mentioned something about assists showing up in YT. Could be fun, just like the old days.

Calling me out for wanting code that's "already out there" yet not having anything to say about my rebuttal?

It would seem, sir, that you are misinformed, else I would not be making a big deal about it.

freakyuno
08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Bard,
It's seriously ridiculous that you went ape shit over me having trouble applying a "patch" file that was borked on the spells.cpp source file, in which I had to go through it line by line and apply manually, and then wanting everyone to just hand you working shit out of the box that you can double click on and run an 0mg! server.

Have you ever compiled an emu server, do you know c++? If the answer is yes to both of these, then you should have no issues.
The code is out there. Everything Secrets starts with the EMU repository trunk; he gave you the database in another thread, and the patch in another thread.

You’ve got EVERYTHING you need to have exactly what I have, let’s see what you do with it huh?
I find it even more hilarious, that my box is the only PvP box following the open source model. Oh ya, by the way, all the code I work on is going into an EQEMU branch…ya, you’d know that if you had any clue how to look around, and do even a little bit of leg work on your own. Red69 – closed source, Red99, closed source, P99 closed source. Project Zek…open source.

This server isn’t to make money, nor to gain notoriety, nor to stroke my own ePeen, I’ve got no reason to keep the source closed, but I damn sure don’t run it for the sole reason to come looking for you on the various forums and hand feed you shit.

Start there, get the patch...have fun
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/

orsk
08-08-2011, 11:33 AM

The two boxing thing kills it for me personally,but i understand why a low pop server would do it, i would like a some pvp zones in p99 server but thats not classic so it will never happen, oh and melee dmg esp 2 handers is F U C K E D up.

Secrets
08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Bard,
It's seriously ridiculous that you went ape shit over me having trouble applying a "patch" file that was borked on the spells.cpp source file, in which I had to go through it line by line and apply manually, and then wanting everyone to just hand you working shit out of the box that you can double click on and run an 0mg! server.

Have you ever compiled an emu server, do you know c++? If the answer is yes to both of these, then you should have no issues.
The code is out there. Everything Secrets starts with the EMU repository trunk; he gave you the database in another thread, and the patch in another thread.

You’ve got EVERYTHING you need to have exactly what I have, let’s see what you do with it huh?
I find it even more hilarious, that my box is the only PvP box following the open source model. Oh ya, by the way, all the code I work on is going into an EQEMU branch…ya, you’d know that if you had any clue how to look around, and do even a little bit of leg work on your own. Red69 – closed source, Red99, closed source, P99 closed source. Project Zek…open source.

This server isn’t to make money, nor to gain notoriety, nor to stroke my own ePeen, I’ve got no reason to keep the source closed, but I damn sure don’t run it for the sole reason to come looking for you on the various forums and hand feed you shit.

Start there, get the patch...have fun
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/

Finally, someone who sees it the way I do.

Good luck in your open source endeavors. I purposely left the .patch file like that to see if you could do it, at least in this case you are able to do it without outside assistance. +1 respect.

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Bard,

The fact that you didn't know what a patch file was for still speaks volumes sir, sorry. If you are having problems applying the patch file I'd suggest that you look at what revision number of source code it is trying to patch from (1971). I have not compiled the source for VZTZ yet, but I certainly had no problems applying a simple patch file without errors.

You're absolutely right. It took him probably 2 minutes to throw the database and quests up on his website, something that you could have easily done yourself after you had been begging for the data yourself. As for knowing C++, is that a joke? What reason would I be after the code otherwise?

I've already stated what I'm doing with it. The fact that you sound so bitter and hasty to put me down now that I actually got what I wanted indicates to me that this was exactly the case of selfishness that I had thought it was. You could have saved me a whole lot of time by posting the database and quests, a total of roughly 15mb of data, instead of acting like an evasive twat about it.

I'll give you a hint about why I was so angered:

Secrets took over the VZTZ project after numerous other people had worked on it. It was not for him NOR YOU to safeguard. You speak of open sourcing your server, which is fucking fantastic, but don't act like a martyr about protecting what was the work of numerous people that don't include yourself.

The only thing I asked for, repeatedly, was the same fucking thing you asked for from Secrets. You know that very well, so don't twist this into something that it is not. Hand feed me shit? You're delusional pal. I don't have any other reason to address you on these forums now that I have what I need, so, enjoy your shit server.

freakyuno
08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
The fact that you didn't know what a patch file was for still speaks volumes sir, sorry. If you are having problems applying the patch file I'd suggest that you look at what revision number of source code it is trying to patch from (1971). I have not compiled the source for VZTZ yet, but I certainly had no problems applying a simple patch file without errors.

You're absolutely right. It took him probably 2 minutes to throw the database and quests up on his website, something that you could have easily done yourself after you had been begging for the data yourself. As for knowing C++, is that a joke? What reason would I be after the code otherwise?

I've already stated what I'm doing with it. The fact that you sound so bitter and hasty to put me down now that I actually got what I wanted indicates to me that this was exactly the case of selfishness that I had thought it was. You could have saved me a whole lot of time by posting the database and quests, a total of roughly 15mb of data, instead of acting like an evasive twat about it.

I'll give you a hint about why I was so angered:

Secrets took over the VZTZ project after numerous other people had worked on it. It was not for him NOR YOU to safeguard. You speak of open sourcing your server, which is fucking fantastic, but don't act like a martyr about protecting what was the work of numerous people that don't include yourself.

The only thing I asked for, repeatedly, was the same fucking thing you asked for from Secrets. You know that very well, so don't twist this into something that it is not. Hand feed me shit? You're delusional pal. I don't have any other reason to address you on these forums now that I have what I need, so, enjoy your shit server.

Good luck.

Salty
08-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Secrets took over the VZTZ project after numerous other people had worked on it. It was not for him NOR YOU to safeguard.

Funny story, when we got the vztz source/database from Searyx when Gronkus left, he included the ENTIRE chat logs from the very beginning.

Random "lol safeguarded."

freakyuno
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Funny story, when we got the vztz source/database from Searyx when Gronkus left, he included the ENTIRE chat logs from the very beginning.

Random "lol safeguarded."

Haha, nice. Secrets database wasn't really that different. The hackers table was full of fun info. :)

Smedy
08-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Word on the streets are that a college of mine created a character named "lasher" and gm's instantly started smoking his cock.

Thats no good sign for a balanced and fair server, do i need to remind you off lashers very un-clean whistle? :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rHsdwfp_4U

Yall saw it

Tonomar
08-08-2011, 08:03 PM
How I miss your vids Smedy ;(

meta`
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Word on the streets are that a college of mine created a character named "lasher" and gm's instantly started smoking his cock.

Thats no good sign for a balanced and fair server, do i need to remind you off lashers very un-clean whistle? :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rHsdwfp_4U

Yall saw it

False information.

Kassel
08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
did everyone quit this box?

muffins
08-11-2011, 10:52 PM
did everyone quit this box?

I think the problem is people are just burnt out on leveling.