PDA

View Full Version : Allow myself to introduce....myself

Mbaulmer
07-31-2011, 05:54 PM
A little bit about my gaming background:
For MMORPG I started playing muds back around 91/92 and stayed with it until around 95. I mostly frequented Forbidden Lands (queen.drexel.mcs.edu...for the life of me i cannot remember the port number) and Mystical Mud. My next foray into this genre was Diablo, Hellfire and eventually Diablo II. (I think at one point I had 3 accounts on battlenet for farming gear).

Next up for me was Ultima Online. Had some fun there, was the only time that I preferred PVP vs PVE grinding. Then it was time for Everquest which I played from release until a couple of months after Kunark. At which point my wife decided that I didn't have time for wasting time on the computer anymore, so I cancelled my subscription and walked away. Looking back I should have kept playing, and told the wife to take a hike. Even after I stopped playing games she still found stuff to complain about and we ended up divorced months later.

Once my life went back to something resembling normal I started playing Lineage II but hated the enviroment on the live server and heard that there was a decent emu for it and played that for awhile. In 2005 started playing Guildwars and got into the whole GvG (Guild vs Guild). Enjoyed that game right up until about 2009. Only reason I even logged in anymore was based on the friends I had made in game, as the content was definitely stale by that point.

Now I find myself interested in EQ again after hearing about the EQemu and reading up on P99. Looking forward to enjoying the game that was denied me so many years ago.

With all that said, I am looking for a guild. Mainly for comraderie (someone to shoot the breeze while I grind XP), but also for advice from time to time. I have always thought that while a game can be good, its the people and friends that you meet that make it great.

Currently I am still trying to figure out which class/race I will end up focusing on, and have levelled up a few toons ranging in levels from 6-12 (definitely will end up being a caster class or cleric). I play casually, but I do try to grind out 1-2 levels each time I log on. My focus will be on exploring the game and developing my character gradually. I am not in a race to reach the end game just yet.

So if there are any casual guilds out there with room for someone like myself let me know.

muffins
07-31-2011, 09:21 PM
thx 4 share

orsk
08-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Welcome its nice to have you back i hope you find it enjoyable =)

WizardEQ
08-01-2011, 04:00 AM
We are looking for mature players that provide rich conversation in guildchat.

Look up Xaxian, Starcreeper, Syriusly or Cfred in game.

parlay1
08-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Poison is a casual guild full of mature players with no bs raiding requirements, we do raid but will not hold it against you if you can't. If interested look up Tasslehof or Myrloch or any of the other guildies in Poison and we will get you tagged.

Good luck, hope you enjoy the game again as much as I do no matter which way you decide to go for a guild.