PDA

View Full Version : Quest Forever phone app

guineapig
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I was looking around on the Android marketplace the other day and found something called Quest Forever which is some sort of EQ2 database.

It haven't messed around with it too much (since I haven't played EQ2 since a few months after it was released) but I was wondering if anyone has found anything like this that's related to regular Everquest?

I did actually manage to find my old characters though which was neat.

Work is so lame today... :(

stayne
03-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Never heard of it but I found this: http://www.androlib.com/android.application.info-truewatch-android-questforever-xnDj.aspx Can Androids run iphone apps?

guineapig
03-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Yup, that's the one.

I'm not 100% certain how that works but to my knowledge the developer needs to make it compatible with the Android operating system.

Ferok
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Never heard of it but I found this: http://www.androlib.com/android.application.info-truewatch-android-questforever-xnDj.aspx Can Androids run iphone apps?

Short answer: No.

Iphone apps are written in objective c, which nobody but Apple uses. Further, Iphone apps are heavily framework-reliant. My guess is that it would be reasonably difficult to port any iphone app to anything else.

Crone
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
So it may be possible to connect to p99 guild chat from our phones? that'd be amazing!

guineapig
03-16-2010, 03:10 PM
So it may be possible to connect to p99 guild chat from our phones? that'd be amazing!

Hmm, guild chat? Wouldn't you need to be able to connect to the server and log in as a character on your phone to do that? I know there was a way to talk to guildies while offline at some point in the game but isn't something that has been implemented on emu is it?

Crone
03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I highly doubt that it's on Emu.. was just reading the link posted and it had comments that they used it to talk in guild chat on the live servers.

Ferok
03-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Hmm, guild chat? Wouldn't you need to be able to connect to the server and log in as a character on your phone to do that? I know there was a way to talk to guildies while offline at some point in the game but isn't something that has been implemented on emu is it?

Yeah, there was a chat client but IIRC it was only tells and channels, no guildchat.

I think it only worked on the channels system, and as there are no channels here, I would guess it doesn't work. For instance, if someone was on chat you could :tell them, but not /tell. Something like that.

stayne
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
There is an Everquest Instant Messenger. Just took a look and there aren't any files to edit to change the host. Bummer.