PDA

View Full Version : Red P1999: please make this happen, and my money is yours

SearyxTZ
07-28-2011, 03:45 AM
I keep hearing how this may or may not be happening, and that Null/Secrets are trying to communicate with Rogean as if it's like getting a private audience with Obama.

I am playing on Secrets' VZTZ atm, which is currently the only option available to those of us who like our classic Everquest served with a side of PvP.

I haven't played on P1999 (though I would consider it if the /guildwar function is implemented), but my understanding is that: it has easily the best code/database/etc, faithfully reproduces classic EQ, and makes the publically-available stock EQEmu source look like a pile of shit.

We already have developers who seem more than willing to help out with whatever is involved in converting that to a red server (Null, Secrets, Vile). We have a GM ready to go who is highly regarded by nearly everyone who ever played on VZTZ (Sirken).

In other words: the pieces are all there, waiting for you guys to put them together and give the former Zek players a permanent home.

The server population of a red P1999 server would never touch the blue P1999 of course, but there are more than enough players to support it.

My initial VZTZ thread on the old Tallon Zek messageboard (which is still active)
http://tallonzektimes.org/bb/index.php?topic=25975.0
had over 20,000 views. There is plenty of interest in a server like this, especially one free of bugs and of the highest quality.

If none of this appeals to the current P1999 staff/devs, I'll make this final pitch: money. It can buy happiness - contrary to what you may have heard. If this server ever sees light of day, I'll gladly donate several hundred to your paypal account. And I'm sure others would too.

Nyrod
07-28-2011, 04:00 AM
first

also, how long till harrison joins the convo to continue his "acks" smear campaign on the vztz/pvp playerbase?

GO!

Motec
07-28-2011, 04:15 AM
pvp is shit in eq

Envious
07-28-2011, 04:47 AM
I rarely do this... but I agree with Searyx.

I dont understand why this has not been done, all the PvE components, updates, patches, and timelines are already done years ago by P99. All that is req is ruleset (none, because its the most fair and easiest to manage), and what type of PvP (FFA, even tho I prefer teams).

You dont even really need much of a GM staff for this server. THere will be zero camp disputes etc if there are NO rules... zero petitions to answer about training, or who ninja'd prod spawn from who.

Literally, all the work for this has been done... Rogean just needs to let Secrets or Sirken turn the damn thing on.

Nyrod
07-28-2011, 05:01 AM
PC =/= NPC

there always has been and probably will be on red99 balancing issues to work out with PVP

wait, forget it im too tired right now to explain why you cant just "turn it on"

if only it was that easy...

Cwall
07-28-2011, 05:21 AM
It saddens me that this has not yet happened.

I just want me a good box to call home.

Messianic
07-28-2011, 08:10 AM
You dont even really need much of a GM staff for this server. THere will be zero camp disputes etc if there are NO rules... zero petitions to answer about training, or who ninja'd prod spawn from who

I dunno, I'd think having enough staff to ban hackers and develop ways to prevent hacking would take more effort (and more heavy hitters in the technology/programming area) than a PvE server...

Doors
07-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Incoming bluebie rage and dumbass remarks.

Doors
07-28-2011, 08:23 AM
and dumbass tags.

Rhambuk
07-28-2011, 08:24 AM
red sucks, pvp is lame, training isn't pvp.

Bluebie rage over, Please make red99 already so we can get rid of all these pvp jackasses flooding out our forums

Messianic
07-28-2011, 08:54 AM
and dumbass tags.

I thought they were pretty hilarious...

SOME PEOPLE CARE - NO ONE CARES - EVERYONE CARES

Arillious
07-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I would just add that there are a lot of idle pvp guilds out there that have stayed away from past EMU servers because of the known issues that usually accompany this type of server(Exploits, GM favoritism, server instability, etc). The user base would include a lot more than the user's that are most vocal on these forums. When the Red P1999 PVP discussion forum was created it caused a stir on all of the pvp forums I frequent. This is actually what caused me to check this out.

EQ pvp was completely unbalanced, but its still the best pvp game that has ever been created.

Atmas
07-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Sup Searyx.

I absolutely loved playing on TZ and I miss it. A lot. The added level of competition to the game. The truely random encounter addition and the break from fighting coded pixels all day. I loved competing for spawns.

But I don't think that environment can be recreated. Exploits are too common place now and no Emu server is going to have the GM man power to keep things in check. Further the griefing will proably be insane. Personally I liked a PvE game with a PvP mix for progression competitiveness. There are too many ragers out there with an epeen hardon for yellow text.

Still though if it came out I would probably roll a toon on it.

dusk883
07-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm with Searyx...

I'd do about anything if even just /guildwar would work. I play at P99 and at Secrets place but a real effort at a real pvp server would be fantastic, I bet we have more contributors "per capita" just to show our appreciation of an attention to detail server like P99 with pvp.

Envious
07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
All of the pvp "balancing" has been done on VZ/TZ 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and Secrets Box. Not to mention, EQ PvP isnt balanced. WoW gave you that idea. So yeah, you just take P99 from day 1 with bug fixes, turn on FFA pvp, and your done~

And if you think it will need as much GM supervision as P99, your a fucking moron. P99 has non stop petitions about "Guy stole my camp", "Guy pulled my mobs", "We are poopsocking harder".... etc.

Kope
07-28-2011, 12:27 PM
It's true EQ PvP wasn't and will never be balanced. Some classes went out and PvP'd on their own while others just couldn't.

I didn't join a pvp server for "OMG WTF PWNAGE BRAH!" I loved pvp because if someone is camping the mob you want, go kill him and take what you want. If you can't take it, sucks to be you.

1500 corpses at the ent of Plane of Innovation /win

dusk883
07-28-2011, 12:30 PM
What everyone forgets and what Blizzard backed off on was the idea that WoW pvp is "supposed to be balanced"... during Beta the announcements were everywhere that Pvp wasn't intended to be balanced and that Yes, at the time, Paladins were SUPPOSED to whoop your ass. Then that attitude died somewhere internally, then externally, likely due to screaming boys who demanded it - millions of them.

Anyway, is there a more dead horse than "balanced pvp"?

Just want my effing pvp in Classic EQ.. not that I was any GOOD at it, I just want it for the fun factor. Could give 2 brown eyed corn trouts if it was "balanced"...

Pudge
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM
the pvp server would attract a LOT of ppl. ppl who want some real eq pvp, as well as ppl who have played p1999 and got burned out and are looking for a new challenge.

many ppl would donate. i dont understand why Rogean would not want this. only reason is maybe he doesnt want non-trusted ppl to have the code. but can't there be a creative solution to this problem? like.. only give pieces of the code to be worked on? (like, just give the pvp pertinent parts?)

also kindof off topic, but in terms of hack prevention, someone had posted a pretty good way to prevent them in another thread:
When I was working on putting a classic PvP server up, I actually wrote my own patcher that connected to my server, did a binary bitwise comparison on the files in the EQ directory and compared them to versions I kept on the server to make sure they were the same, the was used to launch EQ after the check was done. After launching EQ it stayed resident in memory and monitored the EQ memory space.

Neither MQ nor MySeq is passive, the only truly passive cheating program out there was ShowEQ when it was run correctly under linux, with a true hub.

It was relativly easy to detect things like hooks into EQ's addressing, packet injection, memory space injection, that type of thing. It authenticated with a web server I had up, and remained connected for the duration of the gameplay session. If at any time it disconnected, I terminated the connection to the EQ session.

Then I got into project 99, and the VZTZ servers, and kind of put the whole project down, cause it was a lot of friggin work for what was probably going to be a no-population server.

anyway. we need red99! you would make thousands of dollars in donations too

Kope
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
also kindof off topic, but in terms of hack prevention, someone had posted a pretty good way to prevent them in another thread:

Actually, if I remember correctly there was a discussion about red pvp and hacking when Rogean came in and said he could basically make it as close to unhackable as possible. This was a few months ago though.

Rogean we know you're busy and you devote your personal free time to doing this, and we very much appreciate every second you have put into the code let alone babysitting when needed. Is it possible to get any word on this though?

Ennoia
07-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I keep hearing how this may or may not be happening, and that Null/Secrets are trying to communicate with Rogean as if it's like getting a private audience with Obama.

I am playing on Secrets' VZTZ atm, which is currently the only option available to those of us who like our classic Everquest served with a side of PvP.

I haven't played on P1999 (though I would consider it if the /guildwar function is implemented), but my understanding is that: it has easily the best code/database/etc, faithfully reproduces classic EQ, and makes the publically-available stock EQEmu source look like a pile of shit.

We already have developers who seem more than willing to help out with whatever is involved in converting that to a red server (Null, Secrets, Vile). We have a GM ready to go who is highly regarded by nearly everyone who ever played on VZTZ (Sirken).

In other words: the pieces are all there, waiting for you guys to put them together and give the former Zek players a permanent home.

The server population of a red P1999 server would never touch the blue P1999 of course, but there are more than enough players to support it.

My initial VZTZ thread on the old Tallon Zek messageboard (which is still active)
http://tallonzektimes.org/bb/index.php?topic=25975.0
had over 20,000 views. There is plenty of interest in a server like this, especially one free of bugs and of the highest quality.

If none of this appeals to the current P1999 staff/devs, I'll make this final pitch: money. It can buy happiness - contrary to what you may have heard. If this server ever sees light of day, I'll gladly donate several hundred to your paypal account. And I'm sure others would too.

Wow, when are you idiots going to learn? You see all these threads crying 'waaaaaaah we want a red server waaaaaah'? They aren't helping anything. Just shut the fuck up and wait. If you jackasses could go a week...one single set of 7 days...you might see something. I don't think you idiots can go a week without crying 'we want a red server waaaah'.

Challenge presented.

Pudge
07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
lol no one really cares about your challenge. how could posting that we want a pvp server annoy anyone? if they dont want to read a thread they can just not click it

Sirken
07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
i love hearing people cry about pvp imbalance.

just some fun facts for you guys, Everquest was not intended to be a solo players game, be it through PvP or PvE. EQ was intended to be a game of interacting, cooperating, and working with players to defeat either mobs or other players.

i mean, you guys realize that the classes arent balanced for PvE either, right? i mean, if Druids can solo to 60 with ease, and Rogues cant solo past 30. so EQ PvP is sooooooooo bad because of class imbalance, then how is EQ PvE any better based on that argument?

now in PvE when you assemble groups and work together, it allows each class to shine, and really hit that max potential.. well same thing is true in pvp, when you do group pvp or guild v guild battles, etc, every player/class has a role to play, and so each class becomes significant.

also, some people might not want to play on ezmode, what i mean is that for more of a challenge (u may wanna look that word up) a player might select a character that they know is not a crusher destroyer in solo pvp, which allows them extra satisfaction after curb stomping some kids that were crying about imbalance.

/rant off

Mcbard
07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
This thread has been made before.

I think it comes down to the developers not wanting to offer up the p99 code for somebody else to work on it, and the fact that they are currently busy working on p99 and are in fact volunteers who don't work at a playerbases every beck and call.

Frankly, the p99 developers should do whatever they want concerning this, and currently are. There obviously is not enough support for such a server or it would already exist (see: project 1999). Your best bet would probably be finding somebody who decided they wanted to make this happen and actually doing it. I don't think begging the staff of a different server to do it for you, right now, is the best way to go about reaching your goals!

P.S. Dangling money in front of them to try to get your way makes you seem extra silly as well. Especially for a "few hundred dollars".

Cliffnotes:
1. You're doing it wrong

SearyxTZ
07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Mcbard: I am aware that the developers will do whatever they want (Stating the Obvious for 200). One person offering a few hundred bucks to play on an server that could be put together in a day is "extra silly"? Right.

The purpose of this thread is to gather support, so the idea doesn't slip through the cracks and lose traction entirely. And offer some additional incentive - "dangling money", as you say, but we could offer gratitude as well.

You say there isn't enough support, but I think there is. VZTZ, as flawed as it was, hit 330 concurrent online. It won't ever match the P1999 blue population, but I would bet that it will beat any other server on the list currently and see 250+ on regularly.

deakolt
07-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I support this thread

Knuckle
07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
hi Mcbard. wanna know why all the R99 kids flocked to this board and started harassing your staff for no good reason what so ever?

all posts taken from http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?13789-So-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish!'

and thats why everyone came here to your superb forums and began harassing your GMs.

now before anyone goes all full retard, i'm not saying these words mean anything in regards to a future server, i'm just posting the words that brought the the pvp crowd to these forums.

<3

Spoken from the saint himself.

Aesop
07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I'd pay a monthly subscription to play on a p1999ish pvp server.

Ennoia
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
lol no one really cares about your challenge. how could posting that we want a pvp server annoy anyone? if they dont want to read a thread they can just not click it

Forum mods need to go through everything posted to make sure there is nothing violating their contract with the host, making sure it's in the right forum and whatever else. This takes up people's time. These people are also server guides/GMs/etc. As we're all well aware, Uthgaard is one of those people. He does multiple jobs here from moderating the forums to developing. The more of these threads that are posted, the more time he has to take out to go over them, meaning if there's a deadline for something, someone else may end up having to do a little extra to compensate, etc etc ending up snowballing back to Rogean having to do extra work, taking away from his time trying to work out a PvP server.

Also haven't seen hide nor hair from Nilbog in a while, and if he hasn't been around because he's still dealing with tornado aftermath that's a lot of extra work for other people until he gets back.

No on cares about my challenge to shut up about it for a week because (most of) you scrubs have no self control.

Ennoia
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Spoken from the saint himself.

Rogean:Voidd will continue to run the show here, I am providing hosting until we can come to a better plan for the future of the server. Most of you know that Kunark is about to release on Project 1999, and thats where my focus is right now. After that is released and stable, we will assess how to proceed with improving this server.

Keegan:... really? As if you don't get enough donations already, you're going to post on my goodbye thread and poach my players for money whom I have never asked to donate a single thing? That's pretty ballsy, dude. Thanks for running the login server and all, but ... seriously???

The donations thing was deleted by Keegan because apparently he's an ass that has a 'me me me all about me' mentality. If he didn't want Rogean commenting on things having to do with the PvP server he shouldn't have name dropped him in that thread, and should have made a separate one.

deakolt
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd pay a monthly subscription to play on a p1999ish pvp server.

I support this post. Although that would probably be illegal

Kope
07-28-2011, 04:12 PM
I support this post. Although that would probably be illegal

It's up to you if you want to make a monthly (non required) donation of some random number (say $19.95) without any strings attached.

Aesop
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
yes that's what I meant is I would make a completely voluntary donation to support the server monthly while I played.

Vendar
07-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Rogean:

Keegan:

The donations thing was deleted by Keegan because apparently he's an ass that has a 'me me me all about me' mentality. If he didn't want Rogean commenting on things having to do with the PvP server he shouldn't have name dropped him in that thread, and should have made a separate one.

actually no, Rogean edited his own post, and apologized in another post. try reading the actual thread.

but um wtf do the donation crap have to do with a PvP server? you obviously missed the point of the posted quotes, they were obviously posted because Rogean was talking about hosting vztz and using words like "we" and "us" in regards to saving that server.

be smarter please

Doors
07-28-2011, 05:39 PM
All hail lord Sirken mighty wisdom bringer to the blue boards.

Harrison
07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
lol vztzject tears taste so sweet

SearyxTZ
07-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Red server players don't cry. Ever.

We are made of fire, brimstone, and Jack Daniels.

Mcbard
07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
hi Mcbard. wanna know why all the R99 kids flocked to this board and started harassing your staff for no good reason what so ever?

all posts taken from http://emu.pwned.com/showthread.php?13789-So-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish!'

and thats why everyone came here to your superb forums and began harassing your GMs.

now before anyone goes all full retard, i'm not saying these words mean anything in regards to a future server, i'm just posting the words that brought the the pvp crowd to these forums.

<3

edited for the ADD crowd and others that have problems paying attention to this wonderful little thing we like to call the subject

Hello Sirken, I guess the thing I don't understand is why you guys think "harassing" our GM's, annoying our playerbase, and seeking support for your non-existent server via the P99 Server Chat forum as opposed to in the PVP forum you were given or anywhere on the eqemu forums is a good idea.

I mean no disrespect of course, just sayin' this has been done before and I don't think you guys are going to get what you want using the same methods over and over again, but I wish you luck with your endeavor! If it doesn't work I would recommend finding someone who actually wants to make this happen for you without needing to be begged or bribed (Secrets?) and support/help them in anyway possible so that you can build a solid dev team and get your project off the ground, much like Nilbog has done here with P99! That model seems to work.

Doktoor
07-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Taking bets on how many pages this thread will get to.

Ennoia
07-28-2011, 08:37 PM
actually no, Rogean edited his own post, and apologized in another post. try reading the actual thread.

but um wtf do the donation crap have to do with a PvP server? you obviously missed the point of the posted quotes, they were obviously posted because Rogean was talking about hosting vztz and using words like "we" and "us" in regards to saving that server.

be smarter please

No, Keegan edited it. Rogean was going to edit it himself, then Keegan mouthed off before he got the chance so he left it.

Vendar
07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
/sigh

Last edited by Rogean; 03-02-2011 at 09:02 PM.

i disagree. he even says he decided to remove it but that keegan had already responded. but again, nots not the purpose of this thread, so why are we talking about it? :P

PurelyElf
07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Hello Sirken, I guess the thing I don't understand is why you guys think "harassing" our GM's, annoying our playerbase, and seeking support for your non-existent server via the P99 Server Chat forum as opposed to in the PVP forum you were given or anywhere on the eqemu forums is a good idea.

I mean no disrespect of course, just sayin' this has been done before and I don't think you guys are going to get what you want using the same methods over and over again, but I wish you luck with your endeavor! If it doesn't work I would recommend finding someone who actually wants to make this happen for you without needing to be begged or bribed (Secrets?) and support/help them in anyway possible so that you can build a solid dev team and get your project off the ground, much like Nilbog has done here with P99! That model seems to work.

I agree with this kinda.

But us blues need to understand that the reds feel left out, lost and even neglected. Reds are ignored if they stay in their red forum. Reds are ignored if they post here. Reds are banned sometimes. It`s clear their posts are being read. They're desperate for ANY word from the devs. So desperate they come here, thinking they might have more of a chance of it being given. Because the blues get dev and GM answers occasionally. The reds do feel like they were given a forum just so this place could be rid of them.

And of course the blues would be given more attention and treated better. That's what p1999 team set out to do: make the best blue emu server ever. And they did it! The reds understand that their server is less important to the devs. They're not asking for equal amounts of attention. They would be happy with a single sentence.

"PvP server is in the works, but still the very, very early stages and people should not expect to see it anytime soon."

that would suffice. even if it has been canceled, being told would be preferable to being left 100% in the dark.

It really would be nice if someone could make a good pvp emu server from scratch instead of needing p1999 code. But it's not going to happen, and the reds do not have a home. VZTZ is never going to work, and I think that's because they are too pvp-oriented. Fast leveling and blah blah results in low population. If there are no pick up groups, I don't see a point in playing. The only hope I have of a good eq server is a p1999red.

idk lol

Knuckle
07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
And at the end of the day? no dev response, the dream is gone, the child is gone.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Envious
07-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Red server players don't cry. Ever.

We are made of fire, brimstone, and Jack Daniels.

We might be able to be pals on R99.

Amuk
07-28-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Rogean just created the forums to get the retards away - I do kind of find the red vs blue arguments funny. The retards from the pvp community got together with the retards from the blue community and host the forums special olympics.

Regardless, 70 or so people on the first day of a shitty box led by a gm with a reputation for shutting boxes down - I hope Rogean gets the motivation to do a pvp server, his legitness would have 150+ easily the first month.

Nyrod
07-29-2011, 02:17 AM
And at the end of the day? no dev response, the dream is gone, the child is gone.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkJNyQfAprY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

god this is so epic, funny i have heard this so many times but never seen this video.

and today we got justin bieber and no red99...

end of days yall!

SearyxTZ
07-29-2011, 03:57 AM
I agree with this kinda.

But us blues need to understand that the reds feel left out, lost and even neglected. Reds are ignored if they stay in their red forum. Reds are ignored if they post here. Reds are banned sometimes. It`s clear their posts are being read. They're desperate for ANY word from the devs. So desperate they come here, thinking they might have more of a chance of it being given. Because the blues get dev and GM answers occasionally. The reds do feel like they were given a forum just so this place could be rid of them.

And of course the blues would be given more attention and treated better. That's what p1999 team set out to do: make the best blue emu server ever. And they did it! The reds understand that their server is less important to the devs. They're not asking for equal amounts of attention. They would be happy with a single sentence.

"PvP server is in the works, but still the very, very early stages and people should not expect to see it anytime soon."

that would suffice. even if it has been canceled, being told would be preferable to being left 100% in the dark.

It really would be nice if someone could make a good pvp emu server from scratch instead of needing p1999 code. But it's not going to happen, and the reds do not have a home. VZTZ is never going to work, and I think that's because they are too pvp-oriented. Fast leveling and blah blah results in low population. If there are no pick up groups, I don't see a point in playing. The only hope I have of a good eq server is a p1999red.

idk lol

Wise Blue Bear is Wise. ;)

Arillious
07-29-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Rogean just created the forums to get the retards away - I do kind of find the red vs blue arguments funny. The retards from the pvp community got together with the retards from the blue community and host the forums special olympics.

Regardless, 70 or so people on the first day of a shitty box led by a gm with a reputation for shutting boxes down - I hope Rogean gets the motivation to do a pvp server, his legitness would have 150+ easily the first month.

Once the word got out that there's a truely classic, stable, and exploit free pvp eq server out there, you would see a steady increase.

Reading the blue folks post here is pretty funny. What are you so afraid of? No one if forcing you to engage is actual competition. You'll be safe. This is about people who get bored of farming gear all day simply to have the ability to farm better gear.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Lol training, exploiting, cheating, and rampant retardery(I'm inventing words for you vztzjects) is not "competition"

Kope
07-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Lol training, exploiting, cheating, and rampant retardery(I'm inventing words for you vztzjects) is not "competition"

I could not agree with this statement more. This is the reason why I haven't played on an emu pvp server as of yet, and that's the exact same reason why I'm behind a p99 red box.

True pvp is an incredible thing when done correctly. There will ALWAYS be jerkoffs that train/exploit/cheat etc.. but keep that to a minimum and you're good to go.

Vladesch
07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
pvp servers weren't all that popular back in the day. IIRC 2 servers out of a about 20 were pvp? I doubt there would be the numbers to make it worthwhile.

Envious
07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Honestly, the real fear is prolly that a substantial amount of the players on P99 are from PvP servers, and would drop P99 for R99. Most of the people I talk to on a daily basis hate poopsocking, and would rather just fight it out.

The people are tired of poopsock.

Alkorin
07-29-2011, 02:58 PM
LOL. Right, because I'm sure all those honourable people would abide by LnS, yeah?

Red99 would make Sullon look like a carebear server. Too many people who believe that griefing people is fun, or the way to win, or... something of the sort.

PurelyElf
07-29-2011, 03:05 PM
I lns. Even on vztz most people did, at least from what I could tell during my limited time there,

Envious
07-29-2011, 03:47 PM
LOL. Right, because I'm sure all those honourable people would abide by LnS, yeah?

Red99 would make Sullon look like a carebear server. Too many people who believe that griefing people is fun, or the way to win, or... something of the sort.

Griefing people IS fun... and LnS is not a right, its a privilege. You earn it by not being a douche.

Thats one of the reasons VZ/TZ failed so many times, they tried to make staff enforced rules. Then you end up with ppl QQ'ing about GM favoritism, ppl not obeying the "rules" (that changed about once a fucking week), and then leaving server cause it was "corrupt". When it fact it was, because there was staff involvement between players period. Should be none.

Alkorin =/= R99 Material

Harrison
07-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Griefing people IS fun...

Grow up. You are the plague of what is wrong with gaming.

Alkorin
07-29-2011, 04:23 PM

This. I've PvPed enough to know that griefing doesn't have to be part of it unless you fail at life and need an ego boost.

You, Envious, and people like you, are the reason I'm glad that I'm not "R99 material". =)

Arillious
07-29-2011, 04:27 PM

You are missing the point. I'm not even talking about VZTZ. I'm talking about classic eq pvp in general. EQ PVP is a lot more competive than non pvp EQ. Everything is 10 times as hard to do because everything is contested.

Your not pvp server material. Because you could not survive on a pvp server does not mean that there should not be one.

On live EQ, the player base pretty much handled all the rules. If someone would break the rules(Training, not LNSing, etc), they would simply be corpse camped until they learned their lesson. The only thing that GM's need to handle is bugs and exploiting.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I played on multiple pvp servers for years.

Don't start assuming that because I'm not a scumbag like the rest of you, that I don't pvp.

Arillious
07-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I played on multiple pvp servers for years.

Don't start assuming that because I'm not a scumbag like the rest of you, that I don't pvp.

I do not believe that you played on multiple pvp server's for any significant amount of time. I doubt you played on even one.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 04:41 PM
*yawn* Move along noob.

I still pvp to this day in multiple games. PVP in EQ is dead, and by the looks of it, will always be from here on out.

Lazortag
07-29-2011, 04:50 PM

Honestly he's right that griefing people can be fun. But, I think that just because it's fun doesn't mean people should do it. If people grief for no reason, the rules should allow that, but it should hurt their reputation a lot. I find a big problem with pvp servers is that reputation is pointless, because everyone is trigger happy and will just grief everyone they see. If you want to satisfy your urge for making someone's life miserable, pick a guild that you don't like and just grief them, instead of griefing random nubs who did nothing wrong. Or just grief people who griefed you first. Of course, if people did that then maybe a pvp server on eqemu would last longer than a month, so who would want that?

Arillious
07-29-2011, 04:54 PM
*yawn* Move along noob.

I still pvp to this day in multiple games. PVP in EQ is dead, and by the looks of it, will always be from here on out.

Perhaps your right and PVP in EQ is dead. You can only hope. It is just hilarious that people that would not be affected at all by the server are so scared of it. I'd bet that you've tried pvp from time to time and have gotten your ass handed to you and for that you are sore.

There is still a demand for a classic pvp server if it is being considered and that demand does not only consist of the VZTZ server folks that are most vocal on these forums.

Arillious
07-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Honestly he's right that griefing people can be fun. But, I think that just because it's fun doesn't mean people should do it. If people grief for no reason, the rules should allow that, but it should hurt their reputation a lot. I find a big problem with pvp servers is that reputation is pointless, because everyone is trigger happy and will just grief everyone they see. If you want to satisfy your urge for making someone's life miserable, pick a guild that you don't like and just grief them, instead of griefing random nubs who did nothing wrong. Or just grief people who griefed you first. Of course, if people did that then maybe a pvp server on eqemu would last longer than a month, so who would want that?

On live eq, it DID hurt their reputation. At first there were a lot of people like this. But they eventually either quit, re-rolled, or were left in the lower levels with crap gear because EQ is not a game were you can compete long term solo. Just to be clear, griefing is not killing someone. You are supposed to kill people on a pvp server. Griefing is training someone so they get exp loss and then sitting on their corpse for hours and not letting them move on.

Lazortag
07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
On live eq, it DID hurt their reputation. Just to be clear, griefing is not killing someone. You are supposed to kill people on a pvp server. Griefing is training someone so they get exp loss and then sitting on their corpse for hours and not letting them move on.

Yeah, I know what griefing is. I'd say if you kill someone for no benefit to yourself other than weird sadistic pleasure, you're griefing. Killing someone on a corpse run, corpse camping, bind camping, etc. should lower your reputation. If you kill someone so you can take their camp/items/whatever, that's fine, you have to expect that on a pvp server.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Perhaps your right and PVP in EQ is dead. You can only hope. It is just hilarious that people that would not be affected at all by the server are so scared of it. I'd bet that you've tried pvp from time to time and have gotten your ass handed to you and for that you are sore.

There is still a demand for a classic pvp server if it is being considered and that demand does not only consist of the VZTZ server folks that are most vocal on these forums.

Keep on assuming rofl

You're entirely wrong.

Macken
07-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Harrison is one of those who got beat down and left vowing never to return and only denigrate those who are superior.

Darius
07-29-2011, 05:38 PM
*yawn* Move along noob.

you're an annoying troll, die already

Harrison
07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Lol rage more pvp wannabes

Hailto
07-29-2011, 06:12 PM
What games you pvp in Harrison? Been playing some Uthgard Classic DAoC myself. Also, EQ PvP is fucking terrible, and has always been terrible. Deal with it.

Harrison
07-29-2011, 06:16 PM
What games you pvp in Harrison? Been playing some Uthgard Classic DAoC myself. Also, EQ PvP is fucking terrible, and has always been terrible. Deal with it.

I tried to play DAoC again but I couldn't stomach it. (On that server, too.)

It's just too dated and feels empty to me.

Tonomar
07-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Threads like this wouldn't invade your blue sanctuary if we actually got an update once a week-2ish weeks. Hell, maybe even once a month. We heard from Null maybe 2 months ago, and Rogean like 5. We get all our "updates" via word of mouth and we don't even know if they are true. Could we just get an update from the man himself, Rogean?

Doors
07-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Harrison all I hear is you blowing smoke up everyones ass about why PVP sucks in any game. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror and just admit you fucking suck, then you wouldn't have to rage on the people asking for a red box which would remove the populace from your blue box.

Envious
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Harrison all I hear is you blowing smoke up everyones ass about why PVP sucks in any game. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror and just admit you fucking suck, then you wouldn't have to rage on the people asking for a red box which would remove the populace from your blue box.

^

Rushmore
07-29-2011, 09:00 PM
I would donate 50 bucks.

Tonomar
07-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Wonder if we will hear from Rogean.

Harrison
07-30-2011, 03:12 PM

No, you wouldn't take shit from the population. You would take away the shitbags we don't want anyways. (Read: all of the vztzjects we got stuck with when your failbox died)

We'd lose tops, 50 active players. We don't want you here.

PurelyElf
07-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Harrison, what's so bad about having us around on your server? Do we make the game worse for you somehow?

Jadian
07-30-2011, 03:24 PM
He just gets off on forum stalking people/harassing VZTZ. Nothing to take seriously.

Macken
07-30-2011, 05:50 PM
No, you wouldn't take shit from the population. You would take away the shit we don't want anyways.

Contradicting yourself in the same sentence doesn't go a long way towards your plan to convince everyone that you are not crazy Tubby.

Harrison
07-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Someone got that picture of the max population of the most successful(lol bad name for a failserver)pvp server versus ours?

I think it's a good time to remind Macken that he's a fucking retard that can't count lol

Lazortag
07-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Someone got that picture of the max population of the most successful(lol bad name for a failserver)pvp server versus ours?

I think it's a good time to remind Macken that he's a fucking retard that can't count lol

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=347411&postcount=3

Envious
07-31-2011, 12:33 AM
No, you wouldn't take shit from the population. You would take away the shitbags we don't want anyways. (Read: all of the vztzjects we got stuck with when your failbox died)

We'd lose tops, 50 active players. We don't want you here.

Shit from the population, true, the total % that would move to R99 and stay would prolly be 10-20% at most.

Shitbags you dont want = most of the better players in the top 2 guilds would definitely move to R99 temporarily, and seeing how alot of them CAME from PvP servers, they would prolly stay. But you dont want them cause they currently hold the top spawns on your PvE server down, so losing them = you get spawns. Maybe.

You might lost 50players, but they would be the best 50 on P99~

We dont want to be here.

Pudge
07-31-2011, 12:37 AM
harrison.. can you stop being such a tool? you repeat the same shit every thread. i mean it's good enough to igore, but im pretty drunk and so i will say what everyon eelse has sadi/is thinking whenever you post.............................................. .......

wtf? are you retarded? are you really that sad you cant pvp? i mean all you do is complan abou tthe hax you've never encountered. i dont really care if im trollbait right now b/c like i said im drunk and this is kindof entertaining. but dude.. you might as well employ som emonkey to copy and paste your responses. seriously. all i hear from you is qq. and not just regular qq. pre-emptive qq. you are ONE person. if you have such a hardon for the vztz folks, and their "hax" then why dont you man up for once and show them you are better than them?

jesus christ stop posting about "hax". i never hacked, and if you ever played on vztz, you know you dont need to hack to win

stop being such a loud-mouthed pussy. being a pussy is OK, but to be a loud mouthed gaping vagina, asking for a dick.. it's called SLUT

you are a forum slut.

Cwall
07-31-2011, 12:40 AM
you are a forum slut.

lol'd

Harrison
07-31-2011, 12:41 AM
You might lost 50players, but they would be the best 50 on P99~

rofl you guys are so delusional

Nyrod
07-31-2011, 12:46 AM
harrison.. can you stop being such a tool? you repeat the same shit every thread. i mean it's good enough to igore, but im pretty drunk and so i will say what everyon eelse has sadi/is thinking whenever you post.............................................. .......

wtf? are you retarded? are you really that sad you cant pvp? i mean all you do is complan abou tthe hax you've never encountered. i dont really care if im trollbait right now b/c like i said im drunk and this is kindof entertaining. but dude.. you might as well employ som emonkey to copy and paste your responses. seriously. all i hear from you is qq. and not just regular qq. pre-emptive qq. you are ONE person. if you have such a hardon for the vztz folks, and their "hax" then why dont you man up for once and show them you are better than them?

jesus christ stop posting about "hax". i never hacked, and if you ever played on vztz, you know you dont need to hack to win

stop being such a loud-mouthed pussy. being a pussy is OK, but to be a loud mouthed gaping vagina, asking for a dick.. it's called SLUT

you are a forum slut.

lmao! nice one pudge :P

nalkin
07-31-2011, 02:53 AM
I think r99 would be alot of fun so I hope that it comes out. However, I also enjoy seeing people not get what they want. I am not sure which I find more enjoyable... so, either way the outcome is desirable. Aint life a gem?

bakkily
07-31-2011, 03:06 AM
it would be great to come out, but man do i feel alot of hate in this thread, and thats why i think maybe so few are going to play, i bet if it comes out, all the old zk/tz pvpers will join, bring the pop to 40 or maybe higher, and i bet maybe 30-40 will from p99 will join, but i doubt itll rise over 150 for population

i enjoy a good session of pvp, but seems that if its released 40 % will scare off other people, so if it comes out, i hope we all can be mature and have fun doing it, but from the other pvp server, over 80% of the people from there spew shit, im not hating on you pvpers like vermacilli-who i think needs to back off from trolling........

SearyxTZ
07-31-2011, 03:36 AM
I have created a carebear character on Blue1999 and will now settle for /guildwar feature and/or some kind of ez-teleport-to-the-arena type of deal, so us reds can play there but still kill eachother

PurelyElf
07-31-2011, 10:54 AM
I have created a carebear character on Blue1999 and will now settle for /guildwar feature and/or some kind of ez-teleport-to-the-arena type of deal, so us reds can play there but still kill eachother

How sad :(

I think this was their plan all along. They are succeeding in recruiting the reds. The only reason to give us a forum here was so that we would be tempted by their populated classic BLUE server!

the bluebies, they are a cunning and deceitful sort :O

Envious
07-31-2011, 11:09 AM

I'll help you out with some gear.

And I doubt this was their 'plan'. Generally speaking, we arent the type you want on your nice little blue-bie server. If you read the VZ/TZ forums, or knew anything about the completely jaded people that we are.

This just means we will start shitting up their regular forums more~

Knuckle
07-31-2011, 02:52 PM
dollquest 99 lolololol

Envious
08-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Knuckle... 2pm on sunday.

Shouldnt you be selling some 8yr old a droid or someshit?

Harrison
08-01-2011, 05:20 AM
I'll help you out with some gear.

And I doubt this was their 'plan'. Generally speaking, we arent the type you want on your nice little blue-bie server. If you read the VZ/TZ forums, or knew anything about the completely jaded people that we are.

This just means we will start shitting up their regular forums more~

This is why you all are scum.

Qauz
08-01-2011, 06:06 AM
This thread has been made before.

I think it comes down to the developers not wanting to offer up the p99 code for somebody else to work on it, and the fact that they are currently busy working on p99 and are in fact volunteers who don't work at a playerbases every beck and call.

Frankly, the p99 developers should do whatever they want concerning this, and currently are. There obviously is not enough support for such a server or it would already exist (see: project 1999). Your best bet would probably be finding somebody who decided they wanted to make this happen and actually doing it. I don't think begging the staff of a different server to do it for you, right now, is the best way to go about reaching your goals!

P.S. Dangling money in front of them to try to get your way makes you seem extra silly as well. Especially for a "few hundred dollars".

Cliffnotes:
1. You're doing it wrong

SearyxTZ
08-01-2011, 06:19 AM
This is why you all are scum.

Is that Private Pyle in your avatar there?

It's creeping me out bro

http://thegoldensombrero.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/PrivatePyle.jpg

Envious
08-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Harrison you stupid mother fucker.

It means that the side effects of that if that was indeed the desired goal, are bad.

Tonomar
08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I find it hilarious that a dev won't even respond to posts like these. Way too cool for us, brus.

Vermicelli
08-01-2011, 06:19 PM
hilarious

Envious
08-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Vermicelli still in our threads?

Why?

WTB dev response~

muffins
08-01-2011, 09:38 PM
yall bluebs mad?
<&Rogean> there will be a reckoning soon
<&Rogean> that will be a large step for pvp servers
<Heallun> ooooo
<Heallun> ?
<&Rogean> Sponsored by P1999 and Secrets Collaborations
<muffins> another floppy server
<muffins> i cant WAIT
<&Rogean> If it's got my name on it
<&Rogean> it ain't floppy
<&Rogean> peeps know this dawg

Vermicelli
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
In yo threads like you in the general forum. You already got your dev response anyway: they made some red 99 forums to separate the red population from the people who aren't as self-obsessedly annoying as an ass boil. You guys won't stop wearing your asses for hats long enough for anyone to take your raging pvp boner seriously, so good luck getting anyone to put time into making a server for you.

If you guys promise to stop posting in non-pvp forums unless you have something constructive to say, I promise to stay out of the pvp forum =)

Bardalicious
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
If you guys promise to stop posting in non-pvp forums unless you have something constructive to say, I promise to stay out of the pvp forum =)

Bluebie turned red with envy obv.

guineapig
08-02-2011, 12:08 AM
I aksed nicely for you all to keep the personal attacks out of server chat.
Alright since nobody wants to play along this thread is moving to R&F.
This isn't exactly the best way to have your voices heard.

PurelyElf
08-02-2011, 12:12 AM

I think most of us tried to be civil.

PurelyElf
08-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Kind of sad that this thread was moved, when other threads were not.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44129
^way worse imo

There's so much evidence supporting my negative feelings about eq99 devs and red.

Harrison
08-02-2011, 01:26 AM
cryyyyy mooooore

Envious
08-02-2011, 03:00 AM

WTB response that matters to us~

alexandervaccaro
08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
yall bluebs mad?
<&Rogean> there will be a reckoning soon
<&Rogean> that will be a large step for pvp servers
<Heallun> ooooo
<Heallun> ?
<&Rogean> Sponsored by P1999 and Secrets Collaborations
<muffins> another floppy server
<muffins> i cant WAIT
<&Rogean> If it's got my name on it
<&Rogean> it ain't floppy
<&Rogean> peeps know this dawg

is this real

muffins
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM
nah i made it up. you mad?

Salty
08-02-2011, 05:16 PM
lol

georgie
08-02-2011, 08:11 PM
the pvp server would attract a LOT of ppl. ppl who want some real eq pvp, as well as ppl who have played p1999 and got burned out and are looking for a new challenge.

many ppl would donate. i dont understand why Rogean would not want this. only reason is maybe he doesnt want non-trusted ppl to have the code. but can't there be a creative solution to this problem? like.. only give pieces of the code to be worked on? (like, just give the pvp pertinent parts?)

anyway. we need red99! you would make thousands of dollars in donations too

pudge can i be your wingman on r99

visage
08-03-2011, 05:47 PM

http://i53.tinypic.com/1zvbk2e.jpg

Bardalicious
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
It wasn't funny in the 8 other threads. Stop spamming plz.

muffins
08-03-2011, 06:36 PM
nah i made it up. you mad?

i was actually kidding about making it up, yes its real

Pudge
08-03-2011, 10:31 PM
wing it to the top. then cruise high altitude

and.. wtf is that picture supposed to mean?

Envious
08-05-2011, 03:14 AM

No telling, in the other thread he was bragging about sucking some guys dick...

georgie
08-10-2011, 04:21 PM

ghost: maveric this is ghost.

maveric: ghost this is maveric.

Airdefier
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I lost my shit at young caregivers

stormlord
08-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Horrible idea.

Vamael
08-14-2011, 09:06 AM
1000$ to make this happen.

mokfarg
08-14-2011, 09:57 AM
I rarely do this... but I agree with Searyx.

I dont understand why this has not been done, all the PvE components, updates, patches, and timelines are already done years ago by P99. All that is req is ruleset (none, because its the most fair and easiest to manage), and what type of PvP (FFA, even tho I prefer teams).

You dont even really need much of a GM staff for this server. THere will be zero camp disputes etc if there are NO rules... zero petitions to answer about training, or who ninja'd prod spawn from who.

Literally, all the work for this has been done... Rogean just needs to let Secrets or Sirken turn the damn thing on.

What is funny is. I remember a time before P99 when I was wanting a classic PvE experience so bad so I played on that PvP server. It was as close as I could get at the time.
I politely put in a suggestion on their board, wouldn't it be nice if there was also a PvE server. All I received was GTFO, blubie, carebear etc. Now the tables have turned ...

mokfarg
08-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't mind if they implement a PvP server by the way. I thought it was just ironic that is all.

Knuckle
08-15-2011, 11:55 AM
What is funny is. I remember a time before P99 when I was wanting a classic PvE experience so bad so I played on that PvP server. It was as close as I could get at the time.
I politely put in a suggestion on their board, wouldn't it be nice if there was also a PvE server. All I received was GTFO, blubie, carebear etc. Now the tables have turned ...

oooo dont you feel so empowered

Marglar
08-15-2011, 09:02 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45503 look at this boring ass blue server drama. it's sad that when they go compete for raid targets all they can do is look at each other all angry like, and find ways to sneakily fuck each other (or fail at it, whatever) lol.

Lazortag
08-15-2011, 09:24 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45503 look at this boring ass blue server drama. it's sad that when they go compete for raid targets all they can do is look at each other all angry like, and find ways to sneakily fuck each other (or fail at it, whatever) lol.

Isn't it funny that the number of people in Sebilis during that raid was greater than the max population of any pvp server in the past year?

The only problem pvp could ever solve is the problem of a high population hack-free server.

Marglar
08-15-2011, 09:26 PM
that is not due to pvp, though, it is due by the half ass way the pvp servers are rolled out and cared for.

people enjoy pvp servers, they've just given up on them after being burnt too many times from poor management.