PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Choppy Swimming

Xxtayce
07-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I looked through the forums but was unable to find anything about this. I think the change was added around 2004 to make it so you could no longer autoswim at a corner to raise your swimming skill while AFK.

However, here, it seems to be more drastic. (It's possible that it's my capped skill of 85 right now, or my own lag, also) but it seems like I take one stroke, before my character stands up all Jesus style. One stroke, stand up, one stroke, stand up.

It tends to make the game very choppy (and me very nauseated), and seems to happen on both autorun while swimming and when just pressing the "move forward" key.

Ref. on the patch that changed swimming, close as I could come to finding it:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/skills.html?skill=54

Apr 25 2004 at 5:17 AM -- The common way of getting your swimming skill up, which I did by swimming into the wall in Felwithe, has since changed. In a recent patch you now swim into the wall then bounce back and stand up repeatedly, rather then keep swimming.

I was wondering if the autorun-at-the-wall tactic could get put back in, since it is classic :) Or, at the least, can you make it so we don't Jesus walk across a large body of water? It's making Lake Rathe a very dizzying place to try to hunt, and it seems to make me swim even slower.:confused: