PDA

View Full Version : Bard Melee Spell combo

Bulzie
03-24-2024, 08:53 AM
Bard with Epic and Nature's Melody, trying to find best 4 song rotation to melee solo that will give the slow/snare and some heals during fight. What should I change on the songs? is there a better combination for better healing during the fight? When weapons proc, might not need the buff song.

Largo's Absonant Binding - for Slow, snare
Cantata of Replenishment - for heal
Niv's Melody of Preservation - for heal
Jonthan's Inspiration - for buffs

zelld52
03-24-2024, 10:53 AM
Solo? Or grouped?

Ennewi
03-24-2024, 11:58 AM
From what I've noticed and according to the wiki, Hymn of Restoration regens more HP than Cantana. That, plus stamina loss is generally a nonissue, esp compared to classic, and bards don't benefit from the mana portion of the song obviously.

Assuming primary horn is an option, personal preference but Rousing Rondo wins out over Jonthan's due to the damage shield even if the intention is to slow the target because it doesn't always land reliably. Nature's Melody proc already has 60% haste covered, so unless worn haste is lower than 40%, Jonthan's is superfluous/not necessary. *Rondo does mean less haste but melee can swing and miss, just like slow can be resisted, whereas damage shield will always be on.

enjchanter
03-24-2024, 12:06 PM
swap jonathans with:

mcvaxuis - more atk + small ds
psalm - better ds
Shield of song - more "healing"
tuyens - dmg

DS loses value on slowed stuff so psalm probably the worst option but youll gain ac which helps

melee soloing not really gunna be efficient anyway so just pick whatever

Borak
03-24-2024, 01:23 PM
When I melee solo, I primarily sing 3 DoTs (single target or AE, whatever works) and hymn for maximum damage. Keep Largo's for slow if you need it, but I prefer opening with Angstlich's Assonant Strane (the level 60 slow) cause it lasts 60 seconds AND has a DoT component, so you can twist in the 3 other dots with hymn while it lasts. With epic and Tuna sword you don't need any haste songs. All that damage will enable you to solo the 4 spawn room in Skyshrine (if you're looking for guardian robe) including Guardian Salgor, the level 49 guardian in that room. Don't even have to mez and heal up, the dmg is good.

Bulzie
03-24-2024, 10:21 PM
Yes this is for solo. Just something to see how far can go with melee on a mob as opposed to melee, mez and heal up, melee again, etc. Wanted to see best song twists to combine slow/snare and heal. The snare is nice because some mobs will stop fighting at end when snared.

Toxigen
03-25-2024, 09:38 AM
is this hypothetical or do you actually have bard epic and cant figure this out?

Vivitron
03-25-2024, 12:07 PM
Bard with Epic and Nature's Melody, trying to find best 4 song rotation to melee solo that will give the slow/snare and some heals during fight. What should I change on the songs? is there a better combination for better healing during the fight? When weapons proc, might not need the buff song.

Largo's Absonant Binding - for Slow, snare
Cantata of Replenishment - for heal
Niv's Melody of Preservation - for heal
Jonthan's Inspiration - for buffs

Would start with werewolf form haste from lute of the howler https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusion:_Werewolf.

Use the 60 dot for your slow, it lasts a full minute. You can wait to snare once they get low. Snare doesn't cause them to flee it just stalls their movement when they do.

Assuming you have a prime hand lute and maybe not other prime hand instruments (you tap in the prime hand instrument just before the song finishes and then tap the weapon back in), something like:

Hymn
Denon's 59 poison dot
Chords of Cessation (48 dot; does not actually slow)
Niv's or shield of song

Sometimes I do a 4 dot rotation and just put hymn in every 4th song

60 dot

Hymn
Denon's
Cessation
Tuyen's Cold
Hymn
Tuyen's Fire
Denon's
Cessation
Hymn
Tuyen's Cold
Tuyen's Fire

Yes this is for solo. Just something to see how far can go with melee on a mob as opposed to melee, mez and heal up, melee again, etc. Wanted to see best song twists to combine slow/snare and heal. The snare is nice because some mobs will stop fighting at end when snared.

The best I've gotten so far toe to toe without a mez pause or wort clicks was Hierophant Prime Grekal. I have bis instruments and weapons, but lack ring 10 and angry goblin ring.

As my gear has gotten beefier I've been able to do progressively better toe to toe. When I first hit 60 mobs that look easy to me now tore me up.

Ripqozko
03-25-2024, 06:04 PM
if you have epic and tuna weapon and dont know which songs to sing, id probably just uninstall the game. hope that helped

Vivitron
03-25-2024, 06:24 PM
if you have epic and tuna weapon and dont know which songs to sing, id probably just uninstall the game. hope that helped

You say that, but after 4 bards have already offered 5 different recommendations, lol.

Ennewi
03-25-2024, 07:59 PM
Long list of different spells so approaches can vary from one player to another when meleeing solo. If certain mobs are more resistant, dots won't land reliably even with OOS applied, which would take one song out of the rotation now and then. If a camp has harder hitting mobs that require the bard heal back up afterwards, than epic/sov procs won't be in effect at the start of each fight, so Jonthan's might be preferred over Rondo to make sure the bard is at or near 100% haste. If there are a lot of caster mobs, 59 denon's dot ought to be considered, instead of or along with mez, since it will interrupt spells while also contributing to damage.

Shield of Song is great, but IIRC it doesn't stack with Niv's and if the bard gets dotted, the rune effect shouldn't/doesn't protect against that damage, so it's situationally risky. Also, if the bard gets adds and needs to mez/kite in order to heal, they'll need Hymn/Niv's unless they have Singing Steel BP, otherwise SoS is quite good. But again, long list of options for the class, so your preferences and mileage may vary.

enjchanter
03-25-2024, 08:33 PM
I mean there's no magic formula
You can choose 4 songs to adjust ur situation
Decide if u need to tank better or do more damage or both

Ennewi
03-25-2024, 09:47 PM
Dispel/Highsun also rarely get mentioned, but stripping buffs can cut down TTK by quite a lot in certain areas.

Toxigen
03-26-2024, 09:26 AM
like i get it but why bother

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1232511853

WarpathEQ
03-26-2024, 10:33 AM
Mob selection is probably a lot more important than song selection here. If you're looking for melee fights afaik there is really only 2 prevailing approaches that a bard can solo high level mobs: Fear/snare kiting or mez/heal breaks (singing steel BP big help here).

For fear/snare kiting since you already have haste covered with procs its really just fear/snare and then as many DPS songs as you can twist in there without fear/snare fading. Shouldn't really need any healing.

For mez/heal breaks I would go full DS build with Rondo/Psalm and any other DS you can stack (clicky items). This is more gear dependent as DS and heal items are a big part of the efficiency here. In addition to DS you will want to slow the mob and then anything else you can twist would be a coin toss between hp regen and DPS songs probably tossing in HP regen like Hymn/Cantana as using a DoT song will be an issue when its time for a mez/heal break.

Vivitron
03-26-2024, 11:13 AM
Mob selection is probably a lot more important than song selection here. If you're looking for melee fights afaik there is really only 2 prevailing approaches that a bard can solo high level mobs: Fear/snare kiting or mez/heal breaks (singing steel BP big help here).

For fear/snare kiting since you already have haste covered with procs its really just fear/snare and then as many DPS songs as you can twist in there without fear/snare fading. Shouldn't really need any healing.

For mez/heal breaks I would go full DS build with Rondo/Psalm and any other DS you can stack (clicky items). This is more gear dependent as DS and heal items are a big part of the efficiency here. In addition to DS you will want to slow the mob and then anything else you can twist would be a coin toss between hp regen and DPS songs probably tossing in HP regen like Hymn/Cantana as using a DoT song will be an issue when its time for a mez/heal break.
I still dot, but stopping them in time to mez is an important consideration. Keep a timer for the 60 slow and stop your other dots with enough time to spare.

I think dots usually out damage ds if you can land them, but I should count how frequently I get hit on more fights.

enjchanter
03-26-2024, 12:39 PM
like i get it but why bother

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1232511853

Everytime I watch a video like this and almost think "dang looks kinda rough" I remember that even the sweatiest bard gameplay is still less complex then even some of the simplest rotational stuff in other games

Realistically all he's doing is twisting 2 songs and running 5 feet at a time

Toxigen
03-26-2024, 12:56 PM
Everytime I watch a video like this and almost think "dang looks kinda rough" I remember that even the sweatiest bard gameplay is still less complex then even some of the simplest rotational stuff in other games

Realistically all he's doing is twisting 2 songs and running 5 feet at a time

yeah like that guy in off topic saying top end wow raiders would never make it in classic thru velious EQ

lmao

busted
03-26-2024, 02:20 PM
The best setup I've found is similar to vivitrons

Open with 60 slow dot with primary horn on.

Then twist:

- Denon's 59 poison dot
- Chords of Cessation (48 dot; does not actually slow)
- Niv's regen
- Hymn regen

The benefit of this setup is you can keep primary lute on cursor and easily swap in lute before the song hits. All the songs in the lineup are stringed.

With this setup + fungi + silver whip of rage, I can mow down a bunch of mobs pretty easily.

I need to get a primal + VP lute + essence mace to finish out the "battle bard" setup. This build + DEX is beefyyyyy

You will regen a bunch with nivs + hymn and those 2 string dots are solid dps

Toxigen
03-26-2024, 03:09 PM
battle bards from mars

Vivitron
03-26-2024, 04:06 PM
The best setup I've found is similar to vivitrons

Open with 60 slow dot with primary horn on.

Then twist:

- Denon's 59 poison dot
- Chords of Cessation (48 dot; does not actually slow)
- Niv's regen
- Hymn regen

The benefit of this setup is you can keep primary lute on cursor and easily swap in lute before the song hits. All the songs in the lineup are stringed.

With this setup + fungi + silver whip of rage, I can mow down a bunch of mobs pretty easily.

I need to get a primal + VP lute + essence mace to finish out the "battle bard" setup. This build + DEX is beefyyyyy

You will regen a bunch with nivs + hymn and those 2 string dots are solid dps

A warning, the primal proc doesn't currently stack with illusion werewolf on p99. And while it's only slightly dissapoiting that this prevents me from hitting 1600 attack on my bard, it's actually pretty annoying that it wipes out my temp haste when my proc hastes are down. Also swapping epic/tuna/primal/essence mace/whip turned out to feel unnecessarily busy in a way I didn't fully expect.

enjchanter
03-26-2024, 06:51 PM
yeah like that guy in off topic saying top end wow raiders would never make it in classic thru velious EQ

lmao

95% of everquest is root aggro until like planes of power lol

Duik
03-28-2024, 07:08 AM
Murmur murmur ruminate. Lol.

enjchanter
04-05-2024, 06:11 PM
Anyways for me it's foh pangolin