PDA

View Full Version : 2 Year red prog server

Mleh
03-17-2024, 08:20 PM
Limited GM support, what is the actual cost of crowd funding a new red server classic etc?

Guesses? Exact DEV/MOD figures?

P99 staff runs the best retro EQ servers and a great community, lets dooo it

Gustoo
03-17-2024, 11:26 PM
We want this. They are not offering it. Resources are not available to recreate this project again. P99 holds the keys. They continue to hold the keys. Bless them for what's here and damn been for what isn't.

Cwall 146.0
03-17-2024, 11:39 PM
red99 was never the best server mechanically for pvp

idk why you weirdos keep begging for a horribly coded/staffed server

Gustoo
03-18-2024, 02:29 AM
Database

Cwall 146.0
03-18-2024, 05:42 AM
what is it that you think the database has that's an advantage over other servers?

Infectious
03-18-2024, 08:19 AM
Let's fire up shit box #103, there's 1000 everquest pvpers ready! Or you fools can play a game that is actually designed around pvp????

Mleh
03-18-2024, 02:26 PM
Let's fire up shit box #103, there's 1000 everquest pvpers ready! Or you fools can play a game that is actually designed around pvp????

EQ PvP is the best because people made the PvP what it is.

Game developers can certainly make popular PvP games - but it's become cheap and predictable, no social aspects at all, just hump dump and log out whenever you feel like it. Not to mention exploiting peoples desire to be measurably better than someone else.

EQ forces you to go through building a character in an immersive world and needing to have friends, when PvP occurs it's special and not re-creatable with a modern "PvP" crowd.

Stasis01
03-18-2024, 03:31 PM
Permanent Teams Kunark box with variance I would level a toon MAYBE.

The PVE in Velious is too garbage. "Try to grief Pumice off the box" is fun I'll dabble a bit but I'm not that immersed. At the end of the day you're just as much of a no lifer.

Plus I'm 4400 dota atm going to make another run for it.

Gustoo
03-19-2024, 01:30 AM
The window closed for me. My request for the next p99 pvp box is that it opens in 10 years when I will have some ass time available. No ass time for me right now.

I didn't know that the last time I played gustoo for reals was gunna be the last time. But it was. Quitting without quitting. Sad feels.

Old_PVP
03-19-2024, 09:00 PM
EQ PvP is the best because people made the PvP what it is.

Game developers can certainly make popular PvP games - but it's become cheap and predictable, no social aspects at all, just hump dump and log out whenever you feel like it. Not to mention exploiting peoples desire to be measurably better than someone else.

EQ forces you to go through building a character in an immersive world and needing to have friends, when PvP occurs it's special and not re-creatable with a modern "PvP" crowd.

A+

I like this reply.

Tormmac
04-07-2024, 05:46 PM
The window closed for me. My request for the next p99 pvp box is that it opens in 10 years when I will have some ass time available. No ass time for me right now.

I didn't know that the last time I played gustoo for reals was gunna be the last time. But it was. Quitting without quitting. Sad feels.

this happened to me with green, by the time they launched it just had moved on spiritually

magnetaress
04-09-2024, 02:45 PM
My problem with shit boxes.

RoF client. Sketchy logins. Multiboxing. Custom weird ass non classic bullshit. Pops in the fifteens cuz of above. It's lame. Might as well be single player.

Just launch a titanium client box in Luclin with some QoL and minor tweaks to make ppl die in pvp instead of being immune. Remove xp loss and players can summon corpse after 1 hr while playing an alt. 1 account only verified by phone#. No Google phone #s.

Cwall 146.0
04-10-2024, 02:07 AM
yea I also hate custom weird ass non classic bullshit but advocate for corpse summoners

???

blackrock
04-10-2024, 03:44 AM
Limited GM support, what is the actual cost of crowd funding a new red server classic etc?

Guesses? Exact DEV/MOD figures?

P99 staff runs the best retro EQ servers and a great community, lets dooo it

If you setup a go fund me I'm sure the p99 staff will do all kinds of free shit for you

magnetaress
04-11-2024, 11:17 AM
yea I also hate custom weird ass non classic bullshit but advocate for corpse summoners

???

Making pvp servers accessible to ppl without 30 hrs in day and 15 crew members is a good thing. It's not going to change the game all that much. Since people can already summon corpses in game anyway.

Gustoo
04-12-2024, 11:41 PM
That's why you play or befriend a necromancer

But I get what you're saying.

No quality of life allowed sadly.