PDA

View Full Version : What is the best deal you've EVER gotten in EC?

Ashimar
07-17-2011, 11:55 AM
curious to know whats the best deal you've gotten on any specific item in EC?

Believe it or not, i saw an FBSS being auctioned for 7k a few days before the
launch of Kunark. Can't remember the name, but it was a gnome caster. I bought that sucker as fast as i could. shortly afterwords, the FBSS went up
to about 14k. I could resell it for major profit, but since i have a melee class, i'd best keep it.

Sickle
07-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I sold a FBSS I was gonna use for a melee twink the day after Kunark dropped for 8k...Love seeing them go for 13-15k now

Arcadia's_Eve
07-17-2011, 12:42 PM
None, EC is fill of cutthroat bastards.

Spacebar
07-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Best deal I got was 1k for a Cone of the Mystics. At the time they were going for 5k.

I remember when FBSS's were going for 7-9k just before Kunark. I could have kicked myself for not buying one. I got lucky a few weeks ago and got one for under 12k which i guess is a good price for now.

Zarniwooop
07-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Everything I've sold is the best deal anyone's gotten.

I have no patience for standing around.

Ashimar
07-17-2011, 12:58 PM
None, EC is fill of cutthroat bastards.

i think you meant North Ro.

Troy
07-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Everything I've sold is the best deal anyone's gotten.

I have no patience for standing around.

This. If you see me selling something, offer me a stupid low price and I'll probably give it to you if I think you'll actually use the item. Same goes for if you see me post WTB something, I'll usually pay the insane reseller prices to not sit in EC for hours/days/weeks...

Mcbard
07-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Bought a manastone about a week ago for 60k.

Kika Maslyaka
07-17-2011, 02:31 PM
pair of Lammies at 2k each, when they at 5-8k each... this was back on Live however...
And in Everfrost :D

Seaweedpimp
07-17-2011, 02:49 PM
2 or 3 weeks ago got a pair of iksar hide boots i bought for 25k, 2 hours later i traded it back for 25k + djarn (worth about 13k).

greatdane
07-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Bought FBSS a few days before Kunark for 8.5k, sold it weeks later for 15k. Other than that, I don't really get good deals because I don't wait for them. I'd rather make reasonable offers for items I want and sell items for reasonable prices instead of hanging in the tunnel for 11 hours to eek out an extra 1k and be a greedy son of a bitch like everyone in this server's economy.

On Live, though, I was notorious for wheeling and dealing. My friends didn't get it. I was the guy who, when we moved to a new server (happened every six months or so), had 20k worth of gear after two weeks when everyone else was still trying to quest for darkforge and shit. We moved to SZ like a year after it opened and my first 2k were spent on a Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn which I promptly sold for 20k and basically started out twinked. Within a few months I had hundreds of thousands worth of gear, including one of the server's two or three pre-nerf CoS that I got for 50k and later sold for 250k.

Pyrocat
07-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Bought a full set of rubicite minus BP for 11k, bought BP for 15k, resold for 75k.

Muerte
07-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Bought staff of dreaded gaze for 2000-2500.
Traded an FBSS for a rubi bp.
Bought another manastone for 33k or so.

Curmudgen
07-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Not being a big player, why did the price of fbss go up after kunark? Was it just the influx of melee monk twinks wanting haste?

Athrix
07-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Lack of lguk farming. Much more valuable things to farm in kunark.

Seaweedpimp
07-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Not being a big player, why did the price of fbss go up after kunark? Was it just the influx of melee monk twinks wanting haste?

The demand of melee twinks.

greatdane
07-18-2011, 03:20 AM
Lack of lguk farming. Much more valuable things to farm in kunark.

It's still perma-camped. Having played on and off since the server launched, I have literally never found this camp open. Month after month, it has been taken - often with several people in line - every single time I've gone and checked. This server is such a greedfest, but that's that. FBSS went up in price because Kunark caters so well to melee twinks, especially monks, and because people realized how staggeringly rare the Sebilis haste items are.

Werlop
07-18-2011, 03:21 AM
The demand of melee twinks.

Supply goes down, demand goes up. The other in-game haste items are either raid items (cof, sky belts) or even MORE expensive (dragonborn sash, cof again).

So there are plenty of people who are shelling out 100k for a Tstaff for an iksar monk and think nothing of 15k or whatever for an FBSS. The price will drop down as demand decreases or people start camping it again to capitalize on the price, but for now it will be high.

Same thing with the efreeti drops, really. Although the ring doubling in value is pretty stupid.

Aoloen
07-18-2011, 08:03 AM
I bought myself a Sarnak Liberator for 100p just a few week's into Kunark. Right around the time one sold on the forums for 16k.

JayDee
07-18-2011, 08:12 AM
I bought your mom for a dollar and shes worth atleast 2

nymphloa
07-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Best I do not say....

Peace.

Kassel
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
The day after I won an RBG in Seb, i headed to EC to unload my FBSS, after about 5 min I was offered a Seb Croaking Dirk for my FBSS. As a rogue i can tell you it was a pretty good 2 days.

runlvlzero
07-18-2011, 01:21 PM
I once gave away a full set of crafted. And once I gave away quite a bit of really good rogue gear pre-planar. So Ide say best deal is getting stuff for free in EC =)

P.S. for those of you who are thinking of asking for stuff for free I never gave stuff for free to people who asked (ide go hang out at the orc camps and see who needed stuff and was grouping)