PDA

View Full Version : Hotel ISP Login Issues?

Korach
01-21-2024, 11:09 PM
So i read that some people seem to have issues finding the servers on the log in screen if they are using a hotel connection.

Why is this? I can hit every single other game, website, etc using this hotel connection but with P99 it's janky as hell. What is so different about P99?

Kavious
01-22-2024, 05:31 AM
UDP

Korach
01-22-2024, 07:42 AM
wtf does UDP even mean?

mcoy
01-22-2024, 08:31 AM
wtf does UDP even mean?

It's not TCP like the majority of the internet:

https://www.pcgamer.com/breaking-the-internet-the-story-of-everquest-the-mmo-that-changed-everything/

Use a VPN or your hotspot if the hotel is blocking UDP / non standard port ranges.

-Mcoy

Korach
01-23-2024, 01:45 AM
I've tried VPN, I've tried hotspot. No difference/same results. And again, I can log in 4 Eve Online accounts simultaneously, WoW, Warhammer private server with no issues. P99? 45 minutes to get logged in only to get disconnected on first zone line I cross.

mcoy
01-23-2024, 08:15 AM
I've tried VPN, I've tried hotspot. No difference/same results. And again, I can log in 4 Eve Online accounts simultaneously, WoW, Warhammer private server with no issues. P99? 45 minutes to get logged in only to get disconnected on first zone line I cross.

If you crash on zoning/camping try setting compatibility mode on eqgame.exe to xp sp2 or sp3.

Other games don't matter - they're TCP so packets are resent if they're not acknowledged. EQ doesn't do that - they figure the missed packets aren't "important" because mostly it's positional data. It's from an era where we were all on dial-up. I started playing with a 33.6 and the upgrade to 56k was amazing. A whole mp3 in under 10 minutes!

-Mcoy