PDA

View Full Version : Socializing...

DoucLangur
07-15-2011, 03:37 PM
It's always fun to meet friendly people, especially when they're in such a splendid mood...

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2692/bearnutsgoesnuts.png (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/bearnutsgoesnuts.png/)

Hailto
07-15-2011, 05:12 PM
So how come when you get healed it tells you the exact amount the heal hit for? It doesn't do that on my UI.

Harrison
07-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Someone in Fishbait being a dbag? This is breaking news.

Rhambuk
07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I would have put him on ignore when he started spam hailing, then again this guy might already be on my list.

Lazortag
07-15-2011, 11:51 PM
May as well repost:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3237/bearnuts.png

Taryth
07-15-2011, 11:55 PM
If they didn't need another then they didn't need another; I get annoyed when I politely decline someone and they try to argue their way into the group. It just makes the person you're asking feel awkward.

For a while I only duo'd with my brother, because the xp was insanely fast and there wasn't a need for anyone else. Countless times I had people first ask, then try to persuade, and finally give up and turn into spiteful aholes over it- and not be me attacking them. When you refuse enough, even politely, they usually end up leaving off with a caustic remark about being antisocial or a whole other plethora of things. Like you saying "karma's a bitch." He didn't want to group with you, is that so wrong?

I wouldn't have been an ass about saying no like that guy, but yeah. I can definitely sympathize with not wanting to be annoyed when you've already declined and someone refuses to take no for an answer. Nothing against you, but you posted it on the forums, and that's weak enough as it is.

fishingme
07-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Also you got to understand, if they are a trio group then they are probably a group of friends that take random afks when they feel the need to. Not wanting to group with someone who is outside of the group of friends is just easier and no pressure to not afk when they need/want to

baub
07-16-2011, 01:56 PM
gauntlets hotkey intrigues me

Yinikren
07-16-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm mixed on this.

This is a social game, people should want to group. Assclowns who won't group with people because it will make them suffer a few % slower leveling rate piss me off. This is a social fucking game, these people were obviously selfish.

That beig said, I do play with a group of 9 friends who are never all on at the same time, so we run groups of 4-5 to places. We don't ask others to join us, but we don't decline people who ask, like these clowns - that's just douchebaggery.

This is what these kids get for playing wow and getting everything handed to them.

The guy who posted right below you is a grand example - use no more than what's required, because we don't need to be nice, at least once, to people just wanting to group.

Taryth
07-16-2011, 06:37 PM
The game can be played any way one chooses, and to call one style of playing that does not harm others "douchebaggery" over another simply because YOU personally disagree is, quite frankly, a child's mien.

I don't really like the complications additional people bring if they're not necessary. This is a video game, and it does not define the social highlights of my life; nor should one be forced to group with anyone who asks or be branded a douchebag/antisocial.

In fact, I've spent countless hours on my Enchanter running through random zones buffing people; I like helping people, which is why I play an Ench as my main. There are simply times for everything, and when I'm xping I don't want to waste time dying or spending countless hours grinding for very small gains.

Blanket statements about people = fail. Forgive me if I have a life. ;)

Brut
07-16-2011, 06:57 PM
If people don't feel like grouping with you then that's that - they shouldn't have to write a letter of apology about it on the spot.

Juugox2
07-16-2011, 09:31 PM
i duo with my buddy cleric all the time and i always turn down ppl even after they ask 20 times i mean if i wanna duo i wanna duo lol nothing wrong with that

Hijynx
07-25-2011, 10:35 PM
You play how you want to. Wanna quad raptors? Quad them dang raptors!

Qauz
07-26-2011, 06:10 AM
People need to learn how to take no for an answer. If I ask people if their is room in their group and they say no I find another one.

Koota
07-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Where'd OP go?

Koota
07-26-2011, 08:30 AM
ohi brut~

Loke
07-26-2011, 08:33 AM
I think this thread is funny.

Mynxx
07-26-2011, 01:29 PM
If they didn't need another then they didn't need another; I get annoyed when I politely decline someone and they try to argue their way into the group. It just makes the person you're asking feel awkward.

For a while I only duo'd with my brother, because the xp was insanely fast and there wasn't a need for anyone else. Countless times I had people first ask, then try to persuade, and finally give up and turn into spiteful aholes over it- and not be me attacking them. When you refuse enough, even politely, they usually end up leaving off with a caustic remark about being antisocial or a whole other plethora of things. Like you saying "karma's a bitch." He didn't want to group with you, is that so wrong?

I wouldn't have been an ass about saying no like that guy, but yeah. I can definitely sympathize with not wanting to be annoyed when you've already declined and someone refuses to take no for an answer. Nothing against you, but you posted it on the forums, and that's weak enough as it is.

Agreed lol, one of my biggest pet peeves is when stupid people start bugging me to join a group, and when declined they start speculating as to why I would say no if there aren't 6 people in the group...Wasting my time, acting like a little kid waiting his turn to play on the seesaw...How old are you, 10? MYOB ><

Maurk
07-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Back when I was raising my paladin, I grouped with Bearnuts in Unrest and we limited our group to 3 ppl, myself, shaman and an enchanter.
It was one of the most efficient exp groups I've ever been in.
He knows what he is doing when he's limiting by group to three.
It's just how he likes to exp, and he's very good at it.
Anyone that's grouped with Bearnuts would prbly agree.