PDA

View Full Version : Can't load UI

khenn
01-03-2024, 02:11 PM
Hello, got a little problem, i downloaded a new UI, put it on UIFiles, loged in game and when i try to load it it's not work , just it keep the defaut one. Do i need something special to get it in game?
thank in advance for help.

Toboz-- shaman of Innorruk

Kavious
01-03-2024, 02:45 PM
What UI? The UI needs to be compatible with Project 1999

If you are downloading a UI meant for TLP/Live theres very little chance it will work

khenn
01-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Downloaded this one this on https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6691 it's kunark/velious , normaly seems compatible.

mcoy
01-03-2024, 06:30 PM
That's not p99 in the screenshots... Plus it has buff timers. I'm no expert, but I doubt it will work here.

-Mcoy

arnoldnashwel
01-24-2024, 05:06 PM
Hi henn,
It looks like you're facing a common challenge when customizing UIs in Project 1999. Kavious and mcoy bring up good points regarding compatibility. It's essential to ensure that the UI is specifically designed for Project 1999. Even if it's for the correct expansions (like Kunark/Velious), UIs from other versions or servers might not be fully compatible due to unique modifications in Project 1999.
One thing you might want to try is checking the UI version against the server's patch level. Sometimes, discrepancies in these versions can cause the UI not to load properly. Also, consider checking any custom scripts or settings within the UI that might be specific to other versions of EverQuest.
Lastly, if you haven't already, you could try reaching out to the UI's creator for insights or checking on the Project 1999 forums for any known issues with that particular UI. The community here is quite knowledgeable and might have come across similar issues.
Hope this helps, and you get your new UI up and running soon!