PDA

View Full Version : Self Binding Melee

Seducio
12-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Imagine this scenario: You have secured the means to bind your own melee character.

In Classic, you have a rechargeable Ring of the Dead as a Dark Elf Shadow Knight with kindly faction to the Dead. Or in Kunark and Velious, you have access to 2x Locket of Escape as any melee character with enough plat for recharges.

Where do you bind your melee character during the following eras.

Classic:
Kunark:
Velious:
Late Velious:
(end of timeline)

TrevarianX
12-04-2023, 09:43 AM
As it is so cheap to recharge, I bind wherever convenient as DEF SK with my precious Ring. I was camping Frenzied and Supplier the other week, so I bound at Lguk ZL. Took a couple deaths, but was hardly inconvenienced. I’d imagine it’s a different calculation for lockets, regardless of your plat count. I’ve yet to bind at firepots with my SK but will surely do at some point. Would also like to hear other ideas, mostly for dungeon crawls or camps as a non-raider.

Additionally, binding inside /list camp areas is nice. Saved my butt once while getting my Elder Beads!

Toxigen
12-04-2023, 10:05 AM
Classic: firepots

til late Velious then its outside ToV

TheBlob
12-06-2023, 09:49 AM
Apart from the classic Firepots answer, I want to try other places with teleporters:

The Hole (need to be a Brell Serilis follower for it to be safe). Access to Erudin and Paineel (pretty useless, even more so if you don't hunt in the hole to keep your faction intact) and Neriak.

Veeshan's Peak. I have no idea if it would work, but I'm guessing it would require a rogue to pick locks inside, and an Ornate Velium Pendant to try to Alliance the Guardian of Veeshan mobs from threatening to dubious and be able to roam freely and have access to Swamp of No Hope, East Freeport, Skyfire and Plane of Sky.

jolanar
01-19-2024, 10:05 AM
Binding at firepots as a melee doesn't seem as awesome when you can't gate. Especially since you can't use them to get to FV or OT.

fortior
01-19-2024, 11:03 AM
classic probably at or nearby a camp I'm doing close to druid rings, velious tov no question.

Jimjam
01-19-2024, 12:15 PM
1,2,3: Misty Thicket or Neriak (logic: death is an excellent opportunity to replenish consumables. Best so next to a port loc in case corpse has no rez).
4: ToV (Eq’s recycle bin - time to reroll).