PDA

View Full Version : 55 and 56 - Ranger solo

Seducio
11-29-2023, 01:03 PM
The soloing spot I was enjoying has greened out. I killed the human skeleton in Trakanon's Teeth for most of level 54. My ranger is now 55.

Looking for more hunting ideas. A huge plus if hunting spots have perks like indifferent faction, no faction hit, good loot etc. That's a positive but not required.

context:
-Human ~2k Hitpoints self buffed
-Iksar BP (no Fungi yet)
-Woodsman (No Epic yet)
-Swarmcaller
-No Tolan's bracer or Good Bow worth mentioning yet

Any suggestions for places to solo a ranger during levels 55 and 56?

Keebz
11-29-2023, 01:15 PM
Dyrna, Tar Goos maybe?

Ripqozko
11-29-2023, 01:42 PM
I did 54-59 on lfay brownie guards, not fastest but good chill camp. 2 mobs every 18 min . Harmony and split. Can hit 60 with them

Jimjam
11-29-2023, 01:57 PM
Pump some cancel/nullify magic into the brownies to get rid of their DS should they had a chance to buff.

Ranger can tear up KC pretty nicely 55+.

Crede
11-29-2023, 02:22 PM
I did wl goos until like 57/58. Finished off in kc. If you can, just find a class to duo with like a shaman/cleric. Will be faster

RobotGraveyard
12-12-2023, 01:59 PM
I'm 59 now on my Ranger and have been solo'ing almost exclusively. 55 and 56 are a weird spot. I was killing the 3 barbs in Everfrost. It's not bad XP and money. 57 I moved to Chardok and have been there since.

Chardok entrance tunnel is great. All mobs on a lengthy timer. Max is a 2 pull always (unless you get a wandered). There are the chokdai dogs and sarnaks. The chok dawgs you can snare and fear kite in the tunnel. The sarnaks I would root and joust til you slow and then go in full melee. If you had a bow and tolan's, you'd be set to cruise to 60. I was using a rusty halbred and gleed's bow against the barbarians and it was solid DPS. Not world shattering but you level fast enough.

Crede
12-12-2023, 02:02 PM
I'm 59 now on my Ranger and have been solo'ing almost exclusively. 55 and 56 are a weird spot. I was killing the 3 barbs in Everfrost. It's not bad XP and money. 57 I moved to Chardok and have been there since.

Chardok entrance tunnel is great. All mobs on a lengthy timer. Max is a 2 pull always (unless you get a wandered). There are the chokdai dogs and sarnaks. The chok dawgs you can snare and fear kite in the tunnel. The sarnaks I would root and joust til you slow and then go in full melee. If you had a bow and tolan's, you'd be set to cruise to 60. I was using a rusty halbred and gleed's bow against the barbarians and it was solid DPS. Not world shattering but you level fast enough.

That sounds brutal since those barbs green out at 55 lol

PatChapp
12-12-2023, 02:20 PM
Grik the exile.
Lvl 45,low HP. No faction/ok enough loot.
Swamp on no hope,gets popular sometimes. Still blue at 60

RobotGraveyard
12-12-2023, 02:32 PM
That sounds brutal since those barbs green out at 55 lol

Yeah, not the best haha. But chardok has been a freakin breeze. Even at 59 I am getting 1% every 2-3 kills. Best I pulled solo was 11% an hour.

DeathsSilkyMist
12-12-2023, 03:54 PM
I did wl goos until like 57/58. Finished off in kc. If you can, just find a class to duo with like a shaman/cleric. Will be faster

I also vote for Tar Goos in WL. Got to 57 or 58 on my SK with them. Easy spot to pull if you have the big room, and they drop pretty good money. The run to Skyshrine isn't too far for bank and merchants. Or Kael if you happen to be giant factioned.

druidbob
12-12-2023, 04:12 PM
Its a very boring camp, but Grik the Exile will take you to 60

Snaggles
12-13-2023, 12:39 AM
Nothing will be easier than Dyrna or nobles up to 57. Don’t leave until she greens.
Kill all the trash guards, sell the swords, get a tolan bracer.

Keebz
12-13-2023, 02:04 AM
If HHK is empty enough, you can kill a noble/bard/isa between dyrna spawns. Though frantic, this was the best solo exp I found in the level range.

Snaggles
12-13-2023, 02:39 PM
Yea with a fungi and solid haste. Without it’s prob best to hide and med/regen back up.
Also unless very geared casting firestrike between swings is a net boost to dps. Especially with a 2h. Go burn some dyrna.

Trelaboon
12-15-2023, 12:01 AM
I leveled my Ranger mostly solo in KC, or I’d pick up a duo partner and kill at captain camp. Both of those seemed fastest for me. Not super enjoyable to solo, but easy enough to pull to entrance and kill. Plus there’s always buffs at entrance.

wagorf
12-16-2023, 06:09 AM
I leveled my Ranger mostly solo in KC, or I’d pick up a duo partner and kill at captain camp. Both of those seemed fastest for me. Not super enjoyable to solo, but easy enough to pull to entrance and kill. Plus there’s always buffs at entrance.

this

there's this one nice dude who logs in frequently to give out potg/vog

Botten
12-16-2023, 05:22 PM
Binding at the OT wall.

1. Harmony and sneak behind the quest giver in Overthere to do the Sarnak Berserker braid quest. Pretty good exp and super easy.

2. Don't overlook the bees in burning woods at the higher levels you can using Dismiss summoning on them. There is a safe spot where you can pull to the wall of the zone near a plateau and around the hive. At first stick to greens which will give you exp and then move to the blue.

3. If you get swarm caller and it maybe a long haul try to solo in the giant camp in burning wood from 59 to 60. Greens and blues but the safest inside the camp walls.

Swarmcaller really makes the difference and then collecting HP gear.
Archery and root rotting works if you get too low on hp.

Soloing with a ranger isn't easy. I would just group and solo when bored.

Botten
12-22-2023, 02:11 PM
Guess it doesn't matter giving him advise. I am not sure if he can still even see the post. Anymore. Oh well

Jimjam
12-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Guess it doesn't matter giving him advise. I am not sure if he can still even see the post. Anymore. Oh well

It serves as a repository for all viewers.

Ripqozko
12-22-2023, 03:47 PM

Thanks DSM

Jimjam
12-22-2023, 03:53 PM
Thanks DSM

It is very important for the future generations to see the truth!

Cecily
12-22-2023, 07:26 PM
Would you want future generations playing this game?

Duik
12-22-2023, 08:37 PM
They need to know the pain also.
Like the veto on (education) debt forgiveness because I didnt get it!
And no need for medicare cuz me gots ma bubble and mesa Okiday.

Mesa (prolly) eata ban now.

mattydef
01-07-2024, 12:18 PM
I've been enjoying LDC's in Sol B recently, although it can be quite dangerous in a dungeon without half your toolkit available

jolanar
01-19-2024, 09:29 AM

This is the reason why I hate discord instead of a forum. All the great info just gets lost, never to be seen again.

All melees basically have the same solo spots from 55 onwards. One place a Ranger might be able to do, thanks to harmony, is the Orc fort in EW. The elite orcs are fully blue up to 58.

Snaggles
01-19-2024, 08:22 PM
Soloing where other people does means hoping to get a camp, or having someone try to nudge you out after a quick afk.

I rarely see anyone at my solo camps, let alone melees. There are a lot of places to go if you visit zones and try to find obscure blues off the beaten path.

RobotGraveyard
01-25-2024, 01:39 PM
So at 59 the best XP I was getting as a Ranger was in WW. Ally with dragons is crucial for this. Nothing in the zone will agro you other than ice burrowers and velium hounds (they are rare and have a massive agro range. Also totally managable).
Track Brontotheriums and Mastodons. Snare, Fear, melee and get that xp. Loot is non-existent other than velium mastodon fur.

Prior to this I had mentioned Chardok. It's smooth from 57-59 (Even 60).The entrance/exit ramp is a mix of Sarnaks and Chokdai dawgs. Root and bow the Sarnaks. Fear kite the dawgs. PP drops about .5g to 4pp a kill. Chance at random drops from the zone, gems, and other vendor junk.

sammoHung
01-27-2024, 09:23 AM
So at 59 the best XP I was getting as a Ranger was in WW. Ally with dragons is crucial for this. Nothing in the zone will agro you other than ice burrowers and velium hounds (they are rare and have a massive agro range. Also totally managable).
Track Brontotheriums and Mastodons. Snare, Fear, melee and get that xp. Loot is non-existent other than velium mastodon fur.

Was this better than someone like Grik etc? I've been doing this recently, but the mammoths and rhinos have a lot of HP, kills take a while.

RobotGraveyard
01-27-2024, 10:36 AM
Was this better than someone like Grik etc? I've been doing this recently, but the mammoths and rhinos have a lot of HP, kills take a while.

Yeah, I think it’s way better. My longest kill was 220 seconds. Average 132seconds. So just over 2 min a kill. 4 mobs gets you 1% at 59.

Chardok my average was worse since it’s not 100% animals. But still doable. For a semi afk experience, chardok is better. You have 2 pathers on the entrance ramp and 7 static mobs.

Imago
01-28-2024, 04:37 PM
Nyzil Bloodforge in BB is blue at 59, has classic HP (~5k) and a 6 minute respawn timer. But kiss that dwarf faction goodbye.

arnoldnashwel
01-29-2024, 05:53 AM
The insights shared here, especially regarding the effectiveness of various zones like WW and Chardok, are invaluable for anyone looking to maximize their XP gains during these levels. The emphasis on leveraging Ranger-specific abilities like snare, fear, and harmony to handle mobs effectively in these zones is particularly enlightening.

I appreciate the detailed breakdowns of mob management and XP rates in different areas. It's clear that choosing the right spot, understanding mob behavior, and optimizing strategy can make a significant difference in solo leveling efficiency. The shared experiences also highlight the importance of adaptability and the willingness to explore less conventional zones to avoid competition and maximize gains.

Duik
01-29-2024, 07:17 AM
This is a good example of AI. Almost had me fooled.
Good work nobody!

Ripqozko
01-29-2024, 03:50 PM
Join date 2024 hyping up the thread, DSM strikes again

Duik
01-29-2024, 08:09 PM
DSM may be artificial, but there aint much intelligence happenin' there.

Rhaenar
02-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Grik is the best chill solo spot for melees!