PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble logging in frequently?

sammoHung
11-18-2023, 10:59 PM
I have just started running into a problem (only started happening since the login servers got messed up last week) where I am getting stuck while zoning, frequently. 1/3 - 1/2 of the time I zone, or die, or try to load into game, I get stuck and have to CTRL ALT ESC and force quit. Then wait for the character to get booted so I can log back in. I'm also getting a consistent bug where the server select screen is blank, or I get an error unable to connect, or a timeout has occurred.

This was not happening before last week. It coincided with the login servers being funky for an evening. Nothing else on my PC / Home network is running into any connectivity issues. No other online games are giving me problems. Is this server side? I can't tell. Anyone else having this problem?

Grimgor
11-18-2023, 11:28 PM
This is caused by routing issues. The easy fix is restarting your modem and hoping it helps.

If the problem persists, then you can try a VPN.

The only other options are to change ISPs or calling your ISP and attempting to get them do do something about it.

argamath
11-25-2023, 04:20 PM
Yes, same exact problem

biship50
11-27-2023, 10:43 PM
read another thread on this. vpn still doesnt fix my issue. was interesting to see that att fiber is the issue though.

any other suggestion other than vpn quick connect and changing isp?

Rubyt
11-28-2023, 12:20 AM
Also I cannot go through my computer and fix or check things. But the problem has been getting worse. I have to ctrl,alt,delete and it tells me EQ is not responding

mcoy
11-28-2023, 10:07 AM
read another thread on this. vpn still doesnt fix my issue. was interesting to see that att fiber is the issue though.

any other suggestion other than vpn quick connect and changing isp?

The routing issue will resolve itself once your ISPs engineers get around to it. If you look through the forum history, you'll see it's common and generally lasts up to a couple weeks.

Your best alternative (like mentioned above) is a VPN or hotspot through another ISP temporarily. If you tried a VPN that didn't work - ensure it's affecting all your traffic (and not just 80/443) or, more specifically, port 5998 at least.

-Mcoy