PDA

View Full Version : Hows a monk fare solo?

sammoHung
11-09-2023, 10:05 PM
Bored of green. always wanted to try red.

Is monk good solo / first class? Or should I do somethin like necro first?

teenks

Toxigen
11-10-2023, 11:36 AM
you think you do, but you dont

Stasis01
11-10-2023, 01:04 PM
Fungi + Staff of battle or better you'll do pretty good till probably 50 I'd say then you'd need a group.

No items nothing? Roll a caster don't torture yourself impossible.

Stasis01
11-10-2023, 01:09 PM
If I were new to Red99 I'd probably go wizard. Good/timeless in PVP, assist lure, no skill required. PVE Dragonbane is still desirable. Can solo, can port.

Fun fact/story for the anniversary of Red99 on November 18.

Masterkorva? Or some shit that Kungen guy from WOW came here when Red99 was first released and fucked everyone up. All the Holocaust guys, before Nizzar was a thing.

He was first 50 in insane time and then just quit never to be seen again. Was ice cometing lvl 42's and shit in sol b. Then quit.

Zuranthium
11-12-2023, 03:39 AM
Would not recommend Wizard, they are weak in Velious era and in this era of Red server (it's pretty much just a PvE server, last time I checked). I'm really pissed Seafury loot got nerfed, that island was a perfect PvP hotspot for Wizards.

The great things about playing on Red are exp bonus, being able to do basically any camp you want without waiting, and global ooc chat.

Enchanter, Necro, or Bard are best first class.

Stasis01
11-12-2023, 11:13 AM
Makes no sense because there's no plat camps in the game at all.

Bugs in Seb, Geonids, Guards FS? Total shite.

On live sure it got nerfed but thye released new expansions with new plat drop areas like POfire diamonds and shit.

Seafuries is another one of the it's classic, but it might have been nerfed because they wanted to create new spots or tweak it a bit in newer expansions.

I don't think they intended for people to farm HG's or FS weapons 500 plat an hour.

magnetaress
11-13-2023, 12:10 AM
necro u can life tap other playrs still without lures ur fuked

Gustoo
11-13-2023, 12:34 AM
Monks are cool but limited solo quest, not high recommend but it ain’t bad

Gustoo
11-13-2023, 12:36 AM
If I were new to Red99 I'd probably go wizard. Good/timeless in PVP, assist lure, no skill required. PVE Dragonbane is still desirable. Can solo, can port.

Fun fact/story for the anniversary of Red99 on November 18.

Masterkorva? Or some shit that Kungen guy from WOW came here when Red99 was first released and fucked everyone up. All the Holocaust guys, before Nizzar was a thing.

He was first 50 in insane time and then just quit never to be seen again. Was ice cometing lvl 42's and shit in sol b. Then quit.

Probably lovely? On beta it was lovely who seemed to be total victory.

If I had known that little would ever change in beta OR live, I would have played beta hard and never came back too.

Stasis01
11-13-2023, 11:47 AM
He didn't just play beta he raped us all on release. He was recharging AOE nuke wands that drop off fairies or some shit? And was quadding guards with them, sell the weapons, recharge quad guards. Holo petitioned him and cried lol it got nerfed. But he still flew to 50 first and got ice comet and was raping Holos high level group in Solb, was chucks cleric and keto etc getting ice cometed as level 42s.

This was not beta lol. He was the first 50, raped everyone and quit before anyone got close to 50.

Stasis01
11-13-2023, 11:48 AM
That's prob why Holo quit not the Naggy ban they're like this Kungen guy just dunked us in our PVE race game /suicide.

Stasis01
11-13-2023, 11:53 AM
By raped I mean he got to 50 insanely ahead of everyone. I was safe in Guk with Gong crew got carried to 50.

sammoHung
11-13-2023, 04:29 PM
What about a shaman? seems like theyd be pretty easy to level without much gear, also

frictator
11-14-2023, 02:40 PM
What about a shaman? seems like theyd be pretty easy to level without much gear, also

Shaman is a great solo class and of course is amazing in groups as well. Personally my first char would be one of the below.

Bard (I'm a Bard main so there is bias here)
Druid
Shaman
Necro
Enchanter
Wizard
SK (fear kiting)

I think that any of these classes would solo pretty well to 60.

Infectious
11-16-2023, 08:35 PM
Roll enchanter. Keep resummoning pets like a mage until you get charm. Welcome to 60. Start farming for whatever class you want to play

Toxigen
11-17-2023, 10:17 AM
Roll enchanter. Keep resummoning pets like a mage until you get charm. Welcome to 60. Start farming for whatever class you want to play

Zuranthium
11-17-2023, 04:46 PM

Not a good first character. Need a twink weapon to solo well, torpor isn't readily available when eventually hitting 60, and farming isn't as fast as some other classes when you do finally get all the tools.

Salaryman
11-20-2023, 01:23 AM
U can farm paineel guards like I did on Liteninghoof, "rolling" a farm class is for n00bs.

Play what u think is fun, I was solo/self found on salaryman untill I hit lv50, had wurmslayer(grouped with war) and full lightforge armor S O L O.

RED is all about doing what u want, like stealing manastones and getting raid loot while being afk in a corner.

Stasis01
11-21-2023, 02:55 PM
you're an odd duck and I mean that with the most admiration.

Salaryman
11-21-2023, 04:50 PM
RP:
RED is best for roleplaying, how are u supposed to rp if the game doesnt let u attack other players?
Group infighting is human nature, and hilarious when it happends in places like VP and the Hole.
How are u supposed to RP if u just pick teh fotm meta class for farming?
"hail and well met traveler, I am an enchanter farming alt of 60 seasons gearing up my main character"
???
I dont think so.

El Camacho
11-22-2023, 01:10 PM
Frictator gives solid advice.

I would add that Red is a little different than Blue/Green in that you don't start one character. You start multiple characters.

One will be your solo time character and maybe fund your melee/hybrid characters.

Play that when you can't find a group. Make sure to /ooc LFG on what you want to group with.

Don't be afraid to tell people you are new. sometimes you get a pixel package to help you start. Sometimes people will join group with you. Sometimes you get a powerlevel to help you along.

As long as you are not a lunatic, you can join just about any guild you like.

If you have a small group of friends come over with you, you will really enjoy it.