PDA

View Full Version : Alt+Enter Fullscreen Crash

Talvanniore
10-12-2023, 01:41 PM
Anyone else crashing when they use the fullscreen hotkey? It gives the following error:

The instructions at 0x0000000010002B30 referenced memory at 0x000000000000C828. The memory could not be read.

I'm assuming this means there's a text file I have to edit to make these commands talk to each other?

mcoy
10-12-2023, 09:32 PM
Play with your fullscreen resolutions in eqclient.ini:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tech_Support#Problem:_Error.2FCrash_When_Logging_I n:_.22The_instruction_at_0x029110ce_referenced_mem ory_at_0xfffffffc._The_memory_could_not_be_read.22

-Mcoy

SannerDM
11-30-2023, 10:25 PM
Hello,

I tried the fix for gaining full-screen, but my EQ file does not have an EQClient.ini file to edit the window size. I have the EQ light client. Does anyone have a full-screen fix for this version? Thank you!

Very Respectfully,
David Sanner

mcoy
12-01-2023, 08:25 AM
Hello,

I tried the fix for gaining full-screen, but my EQ file does not have an EQClient.ini file to edit the window size. I have the EQ light client. Does anyone have a full-screen fix for this version? Thank you!

Very Respectfully,
David Sanner

EQ light? This forum is for Project1999 and only the Titanium client is supported...

Even with a "light" version - I don't see how it'd work without the ini. You're probably looking in the wrong location. If you installed under program files, and DONT run as admin, EQ cannot write to that directory so your ini file will be in your user profile folder.

-Mcoy

Brindi_Eterna
12-03-2023, 01:15 AM
i have had window out crash just not been much
mostly it just changes from full screen to windowed

i also get forced to windowed everytime i hit enter world and have to swap to full screen each time least on first log on

and 50\50 when camp to toon select i just crash or actually go to toon select

mcoy
12-04-2023, 09:25 AM
i have had window out crash just not been much
mostly it just changes from full screen to windowed

i also get forced to windowed everytime i hit enter world and have to swap to full screen each time least on first log on

and 50\50 when camp to toon select i just crash or actually go to toon select

If you're forced to windowed mode, make sure your eqclient.ini has fullscreen enabled.

Crashing on camping is usually resolved by setting compatibility mode on eqgame.exe to xp sp2 or sp3.

-Mcoy

Brindi_Eterna
12-05-2023, 11:59 PM
If you're forced to windowed mode, make sure your eqclient.ini has fullscreen enabled.

Crashing on camping is usually resolved by setting compatibility mode on eqgame.exe to xp sp2 or sp3.

-Mcoy

which is this > WindowedMode=FALSE

mcoy
12-06-2023, 07:04 PM
which is this > WindowedMode=FALSE

Yup.

Are you sure it's using that ini file (see above about admin mode / program files)? Do changes made to it reflect in-game? If so, do you use wineq, dgvoodoo2, or anything of the like that may be forcing it to a window?

-Mcoy