PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Pets

Questors
10-10-2023, 02:49 PM
I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)

DeathsSilkyMist
10-10-2023, 03:05 PM
I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)

My guess is this is just confirmation bias. The Shaman pet is always a Warrior, it doesn't change classes based on your level. I would also be suprised if a higher level pet takes more damage.

Do you have a data sample we could look at?

Toxigen
10-10-2023, 03:15 PM
no just use your higher pet

Duik
10-10-2023, 05:01 PM
Data sample...

Snaggles
10-10-2023, 08:45 PM
Parse it. Heal your pet for a while until it kills something. Summon a different pet. You can divide damage done over the time of the parse to determine literally how many dps the pet is taking.

There are very few reasons to downrank a pet outside a mage or maybe the skelly necro pets (per situation) until you get EoT.

Troxx
10-11-2023, 08:59 PM

Yeah no.

I noticed stepwise improvements with each shaman pet with the max pet (55) being undeniably best.

Parse or don't, I don't care but the max level shaman pet is the best.

zelld52
10-12-2023, 10:15 AM
No. The level 55 pet has almost 2x the AC as the level 49 pet. Not sure what's causing your data, other than your pet having really bad rolls.

Crede
10-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Skip the pet. Just root rot adds with epic off to the side to surpass mage dps.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 03:24 PM

Please stop posting nonsense. Your poor reading comprehension and bad trolling just confuses people. The fact that Shamans can out DPS Mages via root rotting is not a reason to assume your pet is unusable.

Shaman pet is good, use it whenever you can for better DPS. A max level Shaman pet will be better than a lower level one. I doubt OP has found a bug of some sort that causes the max level Shaman pet to act differently, unless they have some really good data.

Penish
10-12-2023, 06:49 PM

if you have 6 - 8 mobs on the go I get it, pet becomes tedious to position etc. with that being said its nice to park it somewhere safe and broom it (assuming you even need too)

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 06:57 PM
if you have 6 - 8 mobs on the go I get it, pet becomes tedious to position etc

He's just trying to troll, he isn't being serious. His trolling often fails, as you don't even know what he is talking about. It's not worth explaining either.

I agree that having a pet is tougher the more mobs you have rooted. It's doable with 6-8 mobs if you play it right. It just depends on how hard you want to DPS, and how good the pathing/agro is in the specific area.

Penish
10-12-2023, 06:59 PM
He's just trying to troll, he isn't being serious. His trolling often fails, you don't even know what he is talking about. It's not worth explaining either.

I agree that having a pet is tougher the more mobs you have rooted. It's doable with 6-8 mobs if you play it right. It just depends on how hard you want to DPS, and how good the pathing/agro is in the specific area.

wrong as usual

any mob thats going to give xp while using an epic is going to require slowing for your pet be efficient whatsoever, unless you want to blow your pool on healing.

cool story though, the pet is better parked and used as a mana battery in that scenario

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 07:02 PM
wrong as usual

any mob thats going to give xp while using an epic is going to require slowing for your pet be efficient whatsoever, unless you want to blow your pool on healing.

cool story though, the pet is better parked and used as a mana battery in that scenario

Slowing a mob so you can have your pet attack it is easy to do. Try it sometime instead of acting silly. Only using your pet as a battery in that scenario is not the best strategy.

Penish
10-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Yeah slowing a mob so you can have your pet attack it is easy to do. Try it sometime instead of acting silly. Only using your pet as a battery is not the best strategy.

wasting a finite source of mana (slowing & healing) while keeping pace with soloing 6 mobs at a time via root/epic is fairly unwise from an xp > downtime ratio

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 07:04 PM
wasting a finite source of mana (slowing & healing) while keeping pace with soloing 6 mobs at a time via root/epic is fairly unwise from an xp > downtime ratio

I've done it plenty of times. You just need to manage your mana better it sounds like. You can pull your pet back if you can't heal immediately, for example. Just put it in guard away from where you are root rotting.

Penish
10-12-2023, 07:06 PM
can I come watch you solo 6 mobs? And then you can watch me solo 6 mobs?

Penish
10-12-2023, 07:06 PM
lets say karnors? right now?

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 07:08 PM
Are you level 60 with Torpor, or pre 60?

Penish
10-12-2023, 07:09 PM
60 w torpor 3.2k hp, 4k mana, 1370 ac

I have an enchanter on Blue Ill come watch on, ill send you a tell in game

Penish
10-12-2023, 07:12 PM
im online, see you real soon

Penish
10-12-2023, 07:38 PM
so, cant solo four KC mobs - at least I know now, lol

gg sir

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 07:38 PM

gg sir

What are you talking about? We never started the test. We were getting into position so we didn't affect the group that was there.

Pretty silly that you just log off before the test even starts. GG. I am not waiting 30 minutes for respawns, so I don't want to kill the stuff that is up there just because we were positioning.

Penish
10-12-2023, 07:39 PM
What are you talking about? We never started the test. We were getting into position so we didn't affect the group that was there.

lol ok, ill hold onto this video for a while haha

later bud

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 07:42 PM
lol ok, ill hold onto this video for a while haha

later bud

Ah I get it. You wanted to record a video out of context in a really bad attempt at a gotcha.

We found a spot where there wasn't a group. I logged agro so we could reset the mobs and start the test. You log off and think that was me trying to solo lol. The test was supposed to be with 6 mobs. Very sad.

Crede
10-12-2023, 07:43 PM

gg sir

He’s been called out multiple times for his lack of skill, glad you saw it firsthand. Claims he can match mage dps but yet shows videos doing 5 dps in a group. Just talks a big game, that’s all.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-12-2023, 07:44 PM
He’s been called out multiple times for his lack of skill, glad you saw it firsthand. Claims he can match mage dps but yet shows videos doing 5 dps in a group. Just talks a big game, that’s all.

Lol you should see the video, I hope he posts it. We weren't doing the test at all. I was logging agro so we could start the test, because we had to move past a group that was fighting at the ent. But when you can't win arguments, you resort to tactics like this. Glad to see Penish is simply showing his true colors like you Crede. Just trolling.

Beware when dealing with Penish in the future, he apparently just wants to waste people's time and troll people in game. Toon name Soliel.

Troxx
10-13-2023, 06:33 AM
A posting pattern is emerging …

Snaggles
10-13-2023, 09:11 AM
Not every thread has to be ruined by digital peacocking. Sometimes you can just answer a basic question with a basic answer…

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 10:20 AM

Indeed. Trolls like yourself, Crede, and Penish continue to troll. Nothing has changed.

Not every thread has to be ruined by digital peacocking. Sometimes you can just answer a basic question with a basic answer…

Agreed. Sadly the trolls will not stop. It is quite unfortunate.

skulldudes
10-13-2023, 11:19 AM
Agreed. Sadly the trolls will not stop. It is quite unfortunate.

bro it's because you're quite literally the easiest man to get a rise out of i've ever seen in my entire wretched existence on the internet. you don't have to engage every single time someone prods at you. that shit has got to be exhausting.

Jimjam
10-13-2023, 11:23 AM
Please move to REEEESOLVED!

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 11:49 AM
bro it's because you're quite literally the easiest man to get a rise out of i've ever seen in my entire wretched existence on the internet. you don't have to engage every single time someone prods at you. that shit has got to be exhausting.

You should focus your ire on the trolls instead of the people being trolled lol. This is why trolls are still here confusing people with their nonsense. You are supporting them by doing this.

skulldudes
10-13-2023, 12:17 PM
"my ire" sure, buddy. sure

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 12:19 PM
"my ire" sure, buddy. sure

I see you don't even follow your own advise. Nice. Please post something on topic next time.

Crede
10-13-2023, 01:44 PM

DSM prob has a list of random points he wants to debate to the death on. Here’s a summary of his nonsense so far:

-There’s “math” to objectively say that ogres are the best shaman race.
-Shamans are a dps class and can out dps mages
-People can’t be mad about players voluntarily awakening the sleeper
-Shaman pets are tanks
-JBB is a min max item for shamans
-Clerics arent needed for 4 man content
-shamans offer more use to enchanters than clerics do

I’ll continue to monitor and track this so that people are aware of all these theories. I’m sure there’s some more I missed.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 02:43 PM
DSM prob has a list of random points he wants to debate to the death on. Here’s a summary of his nonsense so far:

-Shaman pets are tanks

I’ll continue to monitor and track this so that people are aware of all these theories. I’m sure there’s some more I missed.

The only problem is you have poor reading comprehension and make strawmen out of things I say. Your inability to understand nuance is amazing. It is the only way you can feel like you won the debate, instead of actually proving your points. I wouldn't advise listening to anything Crede has to say when it comes to trying to rehash my conversations. He is either very bad at reading, or very bad at trolling. Neither make him credible.

1. All video games are built on rules and math. You can figure out which races are best paired with a specific class. Claiming everything is ambiguous and therefore you can never figure things out is simply not true. This is a cop out answer used when people don't want to feel like they are wrong about something.

2. I never said Shamans were a DPS class, that is not their designation. Factually they can output good DPS when root rotting. When root rotting they can out DPS a Mage. This is easy to prove, so I am not sure why you keep denying it. You purposely leave out the specification of root rotting to be misleading.

3. I never said people can't be mad. The simple fact is awakening the Sleeper is a game mechanic that is meant to be used. Claiming another guild is purposely denying you loot because they played a game mechanic that is meant to be used is nonsense. This is especially true when loot will be denied in either scenario. Not everybody needs a Scepter of Destruction or Shroud of Longetivity. The Essence Lens items are useable on all classes, and are in the top 3 BiS items in those slots for all those classes.

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - Shaman pets can tank a Cliff Golem. That's pretty good for a level 39 Pet. That doesn't mean they can tank everything, which is what you seem to be implying. As usual you don't understand the concept of nuance.

5. JBB is better than what you get from being an Iksar for most players. This is easy to prove with data. The way you stated this as me saying JBB is "min/max" is purposely misleading. JBB is one factor in many that makes Ogres the best Shaman race.

6. This is true. The majority of 4 man content does not need a dedicated Cleric. That doesn't mean you can't bring one if you want. You can always bring a pocket cleric for occasional CH's or Reses. It is much easier to create a level 49 Cleric than it is to create a Torpor Shaman.

7. A Shaman/Enchanter duo can do more content than a Cleric/Enchanter duo, because Clerics don't open up new content. Things like Fungi King and WW Dragons are better done with a Shaman/Enchanter, for example. Nobody has been able to show a camp that can only be done with a Cleric/Enchanter, where a Shaman wouldn't be able to handle it.

Penish
10-13-2023, 02:52 PM
guys a retard, and sucks at his own class to boot

funny times

kjs86zskidoo
10-13-2023, 02:54 PM
lol

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 02:56 PM
guys a retard, and sucks at his own class to boot

funny times

Thanks for continuing to show you are nothing but a troll. As I said before, please be wary when playing with Penish in the future.

I went out on a limb and tried to help him understand his class better by logging in and showing him something. Instead he logs out before we get started and claims camp cycling agro is equivalent to soloing lol. This simply shows Penish doesn't understand enough about the game to be giving advise.

Penish
10-13-2023, 02:59 PM
Thanks for continuing to show you are nothing but a troll. As I said before, please be wary when playing with Penish in the future.

I went out on a limb and tried to help him understand his class better. Instead he logs out before we get started and claims camp cycling agro is equivalent to soloing lol. This simply shows Penish also doesn't understand enough about the game to be giving advise.

still saving our little video for a while, it actually pin points the exact moment when silky realizes hes awful at EQ

must be awful to limp low iq suggestions at people and get shit on all day for it

kjs86zskidoo
10-13-2023, 03:00 PM
show bob and vagene i give advise

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 03:00 PM
still saving our little video for a while, it actually pin points the exact moment when silky realizes hes awful at EQ

must be awful to limp low iq suggestions at people and get shit on all day for it

Honestly please post it. It just shows me waiting on you to start the test, while checking pet pathing to make sure the existing group trying to XP doesn't get trained. I am not going to train other people simply to prove a point. Cycling agro to start the test in earnest isn't soloing lol.

Unfortunately you went into this trying to catch me playing poorly. You were so desperate to catch something you logged off too early and proclaimed you got something. This is what happens when you don't understand the game well enough, and must resort to silly tactics like this to try and prove your point.

That video is just going to make you look bad, so please post it.

Penish
10-13-2023, 03:06 PM
dude summons pet, watches pet die, casts a couple times on mobs, literally no groups in RCY or LCY and camps at 30%

also imagine having to get "set up" for four KC mobs

your an actual psychopath, like a real one, its funny and sad at the same time, having droves of people tell you your wrong over and over all the while ignoring facts and evidence based suggestions that would ultimately improve your own gameplay

just another ignorant crazy, i bet fat, and unemployed insufferable retard surfing the boards for some meaning in their own insignificant life

byeee

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 03:12 PM
dude summons pet, watches pet die, casts a couple times on mobs, literally no groups in RCY or LCY and camps at 30%

also imagine having to get "set up" for four KC mobs

your an actual psychopath, like a real one, its funny and sad at the same time, having droves of people tell you your wrong over and over all the while ignoring facts and evidence based suggestions that would ultimately improve your own gameplay

just another ignorant crazy, i bet fat, and unemployed insufferable retard surfing the boards for some meaning in their own insignificant life

byeee

You specifically wanted a test of 6 mobs being root rotted while using a pet. Why would I single kill the mobs we are going to test with, and then wait 30 minutes for repops lol? You would simply accuse me of single killing mobs instead, since you are looking for a reason to attack me. The setup is getting 6 mobs root rotted for this test. It isn't like you are always doing this in a normal KC crawl.

I summoned my pet to check pathing. I haven't had a summoned pet on KC rampart in years. Of course I am going to try a few things out first to make sure it doesn't affect other players. I am not going to train other players to prove a point. You were simply too eager to find a fault, so you are making all of these assumptions about what you think I was doing. Again, please post the video.

As I said before, I would be wary playing with Penish in the future. As you can see, he is willing to waste people's time and troll them in game because he can't prove his points on an Elf Forum.

People rarely post evidence, yet you keep saying I ignore evidence. You are simply projecting your own issues on to me. I back up my points with evidence, most other posters do not. You keep assuming that because multiple people disagree with someone, that means they must be wrong. This is simply not true. If ten people say 2 + 2 = 5, that doesn't mean it is true. 2 + 2 will still equal 4.

Crede
10-13-2023, 04:12 PM
The only problem is you have poor reading comprehension and make strawmen out of things I say. Your inability to understand nuance is amazing. It is the only way you can feel like you won the debate, instead of actually proving your points. I wouldn't advise listening to anything Crede has to say when it comes to trying to rehash my conversations. He is either very bad at reading, or very bad at trolling. Neither make him credible.

1. All video games are built on rules and math. You can figure out which races are best paired with a specific class. Claiming everything is ambiguous and therefore you can never figure things out is simply not true. This is a cop out answer used when people don't want to feel like they are wrong about something.

2. I never said Shamans were a DPS class, that is not their designation. Factually they can output good DPS when root rotting. When root rotting they can out DPS a Mage. This is easy to prove, so I am not sure why you keep denying it. You purposely leave out the specification of root rotting to be misleading.

3. I never said people can't be mad. The simple fact is awakening the Sleeper is a game mechanic that is meant to be used. Claiming another guild is purposely denying you loot because they played a game mechanic that is meant to be used is nonsense. This is especially true when loot will be denied in either scenario. Not everybody needs a Scepter of Destruction or Shroud of Longetivity. The Essence Lens items are useable on all classes, and are in the top 3 BiS items in those slots for all those classes.

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - Shaman pets can tank a Cliff Golem. That's pretty good for a level 39 Pet. That doesn't mean they can tank everything, which is what you seem to be implying. As usual you don't understand the concept of nuance.

5. JBB is better than what you get from being an Iksar for most players. This is easy to prove with data. The way you stated this as me saying JBB is "min/max" is purposely misleading. JBB is one factor in many that makes Ogres the best Shaman race.

6. This is true. The majority of 4 man content does not need a dedicated Cleric. That doesn't mean you can't bring one if you want. You can always bring a pocket cleric for occasional CH's or Reses. It is much easier to create a level 49 Cleric than it is to create a Torpor Shaman.

7. A Shaman/Enchanter duo can do more content than a Cleric/Enchanter duo, because Clerics don't open up new content. Things like Fungi King and WW Dragons are better done with a Shaman/Enchanter, for example. Nobody has been able to show a camp that can only be done with a Cleric/Enchanter, where a Shaman wouldn't be able to handle it.

Unfortunately people these are just more lies/theories/trolling coming from someone who has been repeatedly called out for their lack of skill. Just want to reaffirm to the community that nothing this guy says is actually factual. You should proceed with extreme caution when considering whatever is being said.

Troxx
10-13-2023, 04:34 PM
I predict at least another 20 pages

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately people these are just more lies/theories/trolling coming from someone who has been repeatedly called out for their lack of skill. Just want to reaffirm to the community that nothing this guy says is actually factual. You should proceed with extreme caution when considering whatever is being said.

You keep showing people you are just a troll. Thanks.

I am not sure why you think anybody will believe this. You haven't provided anything other than easily disproven strawmen about what I have posted. It's easy to prove you are a liar, and you keep doubling down.

Nycon43
10-13-2023, 07:48 PM
I want to see the video!

DeathsSilkyMist
10-13-2023, 08:00 PM
I want to see the video!

Me too! There's really nothing there other than us getting into position and me testing out pathing while waiting on Penish. He logged because I was cycling agro, which he doesn't seem to understand.

I am not sure why he thought four rooted mobs that were rooted while we were running up to rampart is the start of a 6 mob root rot test.

He was so excited to get footage of me playing bad he logged off before we started the test lol. But you can't expect much from someone doing that.

Troxx
10-13-2023, 09:21 PM
I want to see the video!

me 3!

bcbrown
10-13-2023, 10:16 PM
Things like Fungi King and WW Dragons are better done with a Shaman/Enchanter, for example.

I'd love to see a video of you duoing WW dragons with an enchanter. How do tactics change versus solo shaman?

He logged because I was cycling agro, which he doesn't seem to understand.

I don't understand that either. What is cycling aggro? And if you wanted to post your own video of you root/rotting 6 KC mobs with pet up for DPS, I'd watch that too.

Troxx
10-13-2023, 11:22 PM
I don't understand that either.

It's DSM.

Not understanding is the status quo for the sane.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-14-2023, 12:41 PM
I'd love to see a video of you duoing WW dragons with an enchanter. How do tactics change versus solo shaman?

The Shaman does most of the work. Enchanters can't really solo WW Dragons due to the aoe dispell, which will uncharm the pet. A Shaman/Enchanter duo allows you to do content an Enchanter can't solo due to charming restrictions. Clerics are great at enhancing an Enchanters ability, but they can't do anything about aoe dispell.

I don't understand that either. What is cycling aggro? And if you wanted to post your own video of you root/rotting 6 KC mobs with pet up for DPS, I'd watch that too.

You root mobs and camp them to reset their agro. I was going to refresh my mana before starting the test. I wasn't at fullana running over to KC, and I spent mana on a pet to trst pathing. No reason to start the test at low mana, that wasn't part of the criteria.

I was thinking about making a video, but KC has been pretty popular when I've logged in recently. I don't want to disturb any groups there. If I can find a time when there's no one there I'll do it. Or pick a different zone.

Snaggles
10-14-2023, 09:34 PM
Enchanters can bury charm with debuffs and buffs then keep it on with a Bracer of the Hidden. Not sure about killing dragons but druids keep pets charmed this way all the time.

Can go to Velks. There are like a dozen spawns by the zone in.

bcbrown
10-14-2023, 10:29 PM
You root mobs and camp them to reset their agro. I was going to refresh my mana before starting the test. I wasn't at fullana running over to KC, and I spent mana on a pet to trst pathing. No reason to start the test at low mana, that wasn't part of the criteria.

Wait seriously? You weren't at full mana, that's your reason for rooting and camping? Aren't you constantly saying how torpor shamans can get back to full hp/mana in a minute or two?

You're blowing my mind dude, and not in a good way. I'm boggled over here.

Did you at least mention that this was your plan to the other dude before drawing aggro?

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 02:55 AM
Wait seriously? You weren't at full mana, that's your reason for rooting and camping? Aren't you constantly saying how torpor shamans can get back to full hp/mana in a minute or two?

I always reset mobs and recover to full HP/Mana before starting a video or test. That is as basic as it gets. Otherwise you have additional factors to consider such as what HP/Mana you started at, mob status, etc. You may also end up with a train if something weird happens, and KC has bad pathing.

The test was root rotting 6+ mobs and using a pet. It was not killing 4 mobs at low mana after running through them to get to a camp. Could I have killed those mobs while recovering HP/Mana? Sure, but then I may have to wait 30 minutes for respawns if we wanted to use them in the test. I didn't want to wait for respawns. I also didn't want Penish to get confused and think those four mobs were part of the test. Clearly he was confused, since he logged out and thought that was me soloing.

Did you at least mention that this was your plan to the other dude before drawing aggro?

Honestly it baffles me you are ignoring the fact that Penish was grouping with me in bad faith. He wasn't there to play with me. He was trolling me and trying to clip a video out of context of me "playing bad". He wasn't listening because he didn't actually care what we were doing. He just wanted his troll video. Unfortunately for him the video shows nothing, because we hadn't started doing anything yet. He got too excited and jumped the gun by logging out early.

Enchanters can bury charm with debuffs and buffs then keep it on with a Bracer of the Hidden. Not sure about killing dragons but druids keep pets charmed this way all the time.

I'd love to see a video of an Enchanter soloing a WW dragon by simply junk buffing the pet over and over again with Bracer of the Hidden.

Penish
10-15-2023, 09:10 AM
bros i was just rooting the mobs to cycle aggro

bros i was just using my pet i summoned to test the pathing against these rooted mobs

bros i wasnt at full mana

bros?

Guesty07
10-15-2023, 10:02 AM
This person has issues

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 10:48 AM
This person has issues

Indeed, Penish does have issues. He will troll people in game because he cannot back up his opinions on an elf forum. Be wary when playing with him in the future, he will waste your time and attack you as well.

Crede
10-15-2023, 11:28 AM

Can go to Velks. There are like a dozen spawns by the zone in.

His gauges for skill are WW dragons or fungi king, because that’s the most he’s done. No enchanter gives a shit about these trivial encounters. Nor would any enchanter worth his salt take a shaman over a cleric in a duo.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 11:54 AM
His gauges for skill are WW dragons or fungi king, because that’s the most he’s done. No enchanter gives a shit about these trivial encounters. Nor would any enchanter worth his salt take a shaman over a cleric in a duo.

As usual, you are incorrect and lying about what I have said. Thank you for continuing to show people you are just a troll. It is painfully easy to disprove all of this. Why waste your time while making yourself look bad?

Snaggles
10-15-2023, 12:02 PM

Well there is no plat in it either. Enchanters are losing money dinking in WW.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 12:12 PM
Well there is no plat in it either. Enchanters are losing money dinking in WW.

Plenty of people want 6+ necks for their alts. Being able to do more content is better than doing less content.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 12:54 PM
Just for reference, I make 5-6k per 6 neck for 30 minutes of work. If you camp a seahorse belt for 2 hours, it's the same amount of plat per minute. I doubt you are consistently getting 1 belt every two hours or less.

Snaggles
10-15-2023, 01:30 PM
Just for reference, I make 5-6k per 6 neck for 30 minutes of work. If you camp a seahorse belt for 2 hours, it's the same amount of plat per minute. I doubt you are consistently getting 1 belt every two hours or less.

First of all, the most capable solo class in the game is an ench and 2nd place isn’t even close.

Second, it’s the best basis for a scrappy duo or trio in the game.

Third, no you don’t. Unless you spend 30 mins and luck out on a drop that sells for that but it’s not how averaging works. On the same token an enchanter might spend 30 mins and get a drum of the beast and that’s 60k or so.

Any enchanter with an ounce of skill is going to run circles around a shaman. They might struggle killing a 6+ or might not able to…but juggling 5 spawns in Chardok or camping Velks a shaman is never going to match that pp/hr.

Also, for what it’s worth, killing +6’s is simple. Between people rolling for scout or bound at ToV just ask friends and have a fun time. With or without a shaman.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 01:34 PM
First of all, the most capable solo class in the game is an ench and 2nd place isn’t even close.

Second, it’s the best basis for a scrappy duo or trio in the game.

Third, no you don’t. Unless you spend 30 mins and luck out on a drop that sells for that but it’s not how averaging works. On the same token an enchanter might spend 30 mins and get a drum of the beast and that’s 60k or so.

Any enchanter with an ounce of skill is going to run circles around a shaman. They might struggle killing a 6+ or might not able to…but juggling 5 spawns in Chardok or camping Velks a shaman is never going to match that pp/hr.

I never said Enchanters weren't the best solo class in the game. I also never said Enchanters weren't an amazing basis for groups. I am not sure why you need to bring that up lol. The only person trying to downplay a class is yourself. Why all the Shaman hate?

Yes I do. Ayillish has a 100% chance to drop her 6+ neck. If you have the timer, you can consistently sell it for 5-6k, with 30 minutes of work. Everbody wants 6+ necks too. Claiming there is no money in 6+ necks is simply wrong. On average getting 5-6k guaranteed in 30 minutes is very good. You aren't getting a drums of the beast every 30 minutes on average. If you were, the price wouldn't be so high.

Also, for what it’s worth, killing +6’s is simple. Between people rolling for scout or bound at ToV just ask friends and have a fun time. With or without a shaman.

Most things are simple in this game once you know how to do them. This sentence means nothing. You also don't need an Enchanter for a lot of content if you bring a group lol. What's your point?

Snaggles
10-15-2023, 02:08 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3653737&postcount=63

My point was intending to respond to your point.
You do you.

I’m tapping out before this ends up 25 pages. Glad we solved the OP’s problem on page 1 at least.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 02:17 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3653737&postcount=63

My point was intending to respond to your point.
You do you.

I don't get what your point is. 6+ necks are consistent if you have Ayillish's timer. 5-6k guaranteed for 30 minutes of work, and you can do it twice a day if you have the time. Shamans can solo a few of the pit dragons if you have a person buying multiple necks at the same time for a chance at multiple drops.

You are correct that average plat per hour is what matters. Things like Seahorse Belt and Drums of the Beast take hours to get per camping session on average. Your plat per hour isn't always as high as you think, it just feels good to get 20k from a single item.

Crede
10-15-2023, 07:40 PM

-Shaman pets are tanks
-shamans net the same pp per hour as an enchanter

Added another theory to the list. Let’s keep ‘em coming.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-15-2023, 07:55 PM
Added another theory to the list. Let’s keep ‘em coming.

It continues to amaze me that you cannot actually read. People can read this thread lol, they won't believe you. Thank you for continuing to show that people should simply ignore you.

This only hurts your credibility. Everybody can see you are twisting my words.

Penish
10-16-2023, 07:54 AM

-Shaman pets are tanks

lol

Troxx
10-16-2023, 08:56 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/YVkqPj64xCwRao3cBj/giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ydskmml6vex3s4p2g86ghj4j2dv 76ripv9m5w2tz&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

DeathsSilkyMist
10-16-2023, 10:19 AM
When you can't win arguments with facts and logic, you simply troll and make stuff up. It's just sad. Thank you Crede, Troxx, and Penish for constantly showing there is no need to listen to them. They are only here to troll. Hopefully people will see these posts and take their nonsense with the gain of salt it deserves.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3653248&postcount=36 Read this if you want to see my thoughts on Credes nonsensical list. I also never said Shamans on average would make more pp than an Enchanter. As usual Crede's reading comprehension issuses are coming in to play. Or he is poorly trolling again.

Troxx
10-16-2023, 01:17 PM
I answered the OPs question on page 1.

Now I’m just laughing at your dumb ass for getting into yet another stupid fucking argument. This thread was over 8 pages ago.

Quit being such a drama queen.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-16-2023, 01:25 PM
I answered the OPs question on page 1.

Now I’m just laughing at your dumb ass for getting into yet another stupid fucking argument. This thread was over 8 pages ago.

Quit being such a drama queen.

The only drama queen here is yourself. You troll and attack anybody who disagrees with you, even when you are clearly wrong. You are so bad at being a troll you have to team up with other trolls to make it look like people agree with you when you can't win people over via facts and logic. It's pathetic.

Don't get angry when people point this out. There was no reason for you to troll in this thread.

If you want people to stop calling you a troll, stop trolling. It's really that simple. I believe you can be redeemed, you just need to try.

Troxx
10-16-2023, 01:32 PM
I believe you can be redeemed, you just need to try.

Wtf? Lol …

https://media.tenor.com/xmTA1t1SBsEAAAAC/praise-god.gif

DeathsSilkyMist
10-16-2023, 01:48 PM
Wtf? Lol …

Not a good start. Thanks for continuing to show people you are just a troll. Hopefully one day you will learn trolling is not a good method of convincing people you are right. It just makes you look bad. You certainly have the capability to learn trolling is bad, you just need to do it.

Troxx
10-16-2023, 02:24 PM
Hopefully one day you will learn trolling is not a good method of convincing people you are right.

??

Last I checked, you and I are not in an argument here brosef. Nor am I trying to convince anyone of anything.

I’m just laughing at you making an ass out of yourself yet again.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-16-2023, 02:43 PM
??

Last I checked, you and I are not in an argument here brosef. Nor am I trying to convince anyone of anything.

I’m just laughing at you making an ass out of yourself yet again.

The only people making asses of themselves are you, Penish, and Crede.

You are attacking me for no reason, which is your common pattern of posting. Attacking people who you disagree with, bloating threads for no reason.

Penish grouped with me in bad faith and then proceeded to fail at capturing me "playing badly". I was willing to spend my time showing him something new, but he just wanted to troll people in game.

Crede is lying about what I have said in the past in a vain attempt to discredit me, which is easily disproven.

It is amazing you think you look good in this scenario lol. You are very delusional. Hopefully one day you will learn you just look bad yourself. It is a constant reminder you are just here to troll. Hopefully one day you will stop this nonsense. I know you can if you want to.

Troxx
10-16-2023, 03:42 PM

Called it on page 3 (post 27)

Welcome to the jungle.

Ripqozko
10-16-2023, 05:19 PM
Another DSM thread, shocking

DeathsSilkyMist
10-16-2023, 06:11 PM

Another thread trolled by the usual suspects like Troxx, Crede, Penish etc. Fixed.

You can look at the post history. They post off topic misinformation or troll and then whine when you point it out. When they fix their behavior, this won't be an issue.

You are part of the problem by also consistently trolling threads instead of contributing.

Ripqozko
10-16-2023, 07:17 PM
Another thread trolled by the usual suspects like Troxx, Crede, Penish etc. Fixed.

You can look at the post history. They post off topic misinformation or troll and then whine when you point it out. When they fix their behavior, this won't be an issue.

You are part of the problem by also consistently trolling threads instead of contributing.

This is the future of kittens

Alarria
10-16-2023, 07:52 PM
I gotta say DSM, I really do enjoy reading these threads where people debate what is best for different races, theorycrafting, etc. You do however seem to be the common denominator in each of them that devolve into nonsense and you really do seem to need the last word. Just let it go dude! You don't have to try and be right every. single. time =\

DeathsSilkyMist
10-16-2023, 08:25 PM
I gotta say DSM, I really do enjoy reading these threads where people debate what is best for different races, theorycrafting, etc. You do however seem to be the common denominator in each of them that devolve into nonsense and you really do seem to need the last word. Just let it go dude! You don't have to try and be right every. single. time =\

Take a closer look at the threads. The common denominator is troll posters like Troxx. They attack people and post nonsense when they disagree with someone.

I am not right every time. I have been proven wrong plenty of times on this forum. I have no issue with that. As long as the correct information is conveyed, it doesn't matter who is right.

Calling me out instead of the trolls is the reason why the trolls continue to trash threads. You need to stand up to them instead. I know it can be hard, since Troxx and the other trolls gang up on people to silence them.

I am standing up to the trolls, so other people can see them for what they really are. It is amazing people just completely ignore the fact that Penish grouped with me in bad faith just to waste my time. Somehow that is completely fine to people, and not worth mentioning.

Snaggles
10-16-2023, 09:15 PM
This is the future of kittens

Some day you will be back. Riot doesn’t do Naggy raids.

Penish
10-17-2023, 08:36 AM
Take a closer look at the threads. The common denominator is troll posters like Troxx. They attack people and post nonsense when they disagree with someone.

I am not right every time. I have been proven wrong plenty of times on this forum. I have no issue with that. As long as the correct information is conveyed, it doesn't matter who is right.

Could you provide ONE instance of where you were wrong and admitted in these forums? lol

zelld52
10-17-2023, 09:07 AM

This is a fucking 9 page post where DSM is ranting against people trolling him. Page 1 answered OPs question, and the rest is DSM ranting.

Dude, DSM... take a break from forums for like a day or two or a week or something

Troxx
10-17-2023, 09:55 AM
I am standing up to the trolls, so other people can see them for what they really are.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/10uct1aSFT7QiY/200w.gif?cid=6c09b9528uzcfqekm65ygpsmdt87vuinpnppj tyr3qsmvvxq&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

For what it’s worth I find it comical that DSM has apparently forgotten I’m not the one he’s been arguing with for 8 pages now.

I’m just a casual spectator enjoying the “Reeeeeeeeeee”

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 10:32 AM
For what it’s worth I find it comical that DSM has apparently forgotten I’m not the one he’s been arguing with for 8 pages now.

I’m just a casual spectator enjoying the “Reeeeeeeeeee”

This is a troll post, and you have posted multiple already in this thread. There is no reason for you to do it, but it just reinforces the fact that you are a troll. You are one of multiple trolls on this forum that constantly harass other people just because they disagree with you. It's pathetic.

This is a fucking 9 page post where DSM is ranting against people trolling him. Page 1 answered OPs question, and the rest is DSM ranting.

Dude, DSM... take a break from forums for like a day or two or a week or something

Again, this is why the trolls continue to run rampant. Why aren't you calling out Penish for grouping with me in bad faith just to try and get a video of me "playing badly". That is very poor behavior, but you only target me in this thread. Or Troxx for just posting nonsense like the latest post? I never start these things. You can see on page 1 Crede posting nonsense that will confuse anybody who doesn't understand forum drama, and then page 2 is when Penish started trolling me. This is a problem with trolls, not myself. I can only show people that they are trolling in the hopes that people will be wary of them in the future.

Could you provide ONE instance of where you were wrong and admitted in these forums? lol

Sure. https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3162541&postcount=71 and there are plenty more examples if you care to look. This idea I am never wrong is just another troll lie people spread because they cannot win arguments with facts and logic.

It is unfortunate you are damaging your reputation by being a troll and actually harassing people in game. Not a good look.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 10:49 AM
DSM you are not a child being teased or picked-on in the locker room or on the schoolyard playground. You are a grown ass man. People do read your posts (past and current). You’ve been around a long time and have a well established reputation.

You reap what you sow … and you’ve been planting retard seeds for years.

The thread has been over since page one.

Let it die.

Ripqozko
10-17-2023, 10:50 AM
DSM you are not a child being teased or picked-on in the locker room or on the schoolyard playground. You are a grown ass man. People do read your posts (past and current). You’ve been around a long time and have a well established reputation.

Let it die.

He is the biggest troll on p99 forums, itll be another 20 pages of this non sense.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 10:58 AM

Let it die.

You are a grown man indeed. Which is why it is pathetic that you still think harassing other people is the solution when they disagree with you. Grow up and admit when you are wrong, or agree to disagree.

Don't get angry when people call you out for the troll you are. You have earned this reputation yourself.

You never take your own advise. You can stop posting at any time.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 11:08 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/RdIMCY8y3KjY4QTrIj/giphy.gif

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 11:12 AM
Thank you for continuing to show you are just a troll Troxx. Hopefully one day you will grow up. I still believe you can.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 11:28 AM
No … the last post will be mine.

I am fully committed to this thread now!

kjs86zskidoo
10-17-2023, 12:03 PM
no just use your higher pet

this thread was solved 3 posts in why are we on page 10?

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 12:11 PM
this thread was solved 3 posts in why are we on page 10?

Complain to Penish, Troxx, Ripqozko, and Crede. Trolls like them bloat threads with nonsense and attack other posters. They get angry at anybody who disagrees with them, and they feel the urge to harass posters in every thread. It's the common theme in bloated threads. I am simply defending myself from the attacks.

It's not a good idea to allow trolls to lie about everybody and everything they disagree with. In that kind of environment people will never get real answers to questions they ask. The forum becomes pointless, as every thread is simply a Rants and Flames thread.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 12:32 PM
I am simply defending myself from the attacks

Best defense is to not say stupid shit to begin with.

Seriously - go back and read this thread from the start.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. This was all you.

We call these “DSM threads” for a reason. The common denominator is always you.

And …

The course of these threads is predictable. I called it (above quote) on page 3.

This was all you.

Ps: not being the final word on any topic gets under your skin so rest assured the last post will be mine!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/xl5QdxfNonh3q/giphy.gif

Troxx
10-17-2023, 12:35 PM
Trolls like them bloat threads with ….

Total posts = 100
Posts from silky 37

Who’s bloating what now?

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 12:40 PM
Best defense is to not say stupid shit to begin with.

Indeed. Take your own advise and stop saying stupid things. Learn how to communicate without trolling.

If you think what somebody says is incorrect, you argue the counterpoint with facts and logic.

Instead, you argue with silly gifs and lies. It's pathetic.

Seriously - go back and read this thread from the start.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. This was all you.

You posted your opinion on the first page. You didn't need to start trolling on the next page. It becomes your circus when the only thing you do in this thread is post nonsense, lies, and trolling. Take responsibility for your own posts. Next time suppress the urge to make an ass out of yourself. There was no reason to start trolling here.

We call these “DSM threads” for a reason. The common denominator is always you.

You and other trolls call them DSM threads to deflect from the fact that you are the problem, not me. It is a very common troll tactic to blame the victims of the trolling, rather than the trolls themselves. You can see that you and the other trolls are present in every bloated thread, it's not a coincidence.

The post history is quite clear. Crede, yourself, and Penish started trolling me out of the blue for no reason. I defended myself. Crede posted some nonsense that will confuse people who don't know forum drama, Penish grouped with me in bad faith, and you started posting troll posts.

Stick to RnF instead of bloating threads outside of RnF please.

Total posts = 100
Posts from silky 37

Who’s bloating what now?

As usual, this is either a troll or a lack of understanding basic statistics. Multiple posters are replying to me, which means I will have more posts. If you aggregate all of the people who are responding to me directly, it evens out. The only reason why there are 100 posts to begin with is because of the trolling, which is clear to see.

The total number of posts from Troxx, Penish, Crede, and Ripqozko is 40 posts. This aggregate post count is higher than mine. You simply gang up with other trolls and take turns trolling.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 01:02 PM
+1

Snaggles
10-17-2023, 01:20 PM
As usual, this is either a troll or a lack of understanding basic statistics. Multiple posters are replying to me, which means I will have more posts. If you aggregate all of the people who are responding to me directly, it evens out. The only reason why there are 100 posts to begin with is because of the trolling, which is clear to see.

The total number of posts from Troxx, Penish, Crede, and Ripqozko is 40 posts. This aggregate post count is higher than mine. You simply gang up with other trolls and take turns trolling.

There are only two possible reasons:

1.) They feel you are an easy target to troll (so stop responding)
2.) They objectively believe you to be wrong (so stop being wrong or explain better)

You can’t shut down a troll with objective data.
You can prove your point though if articulated properly.

Either they are having fun at your expense. Believe you are wrong. Or are misunderstanding your reason which may be compelling enough to convince them otherwise.

You are responsible for 2/3rds those scenarios but a willing victim for 1/3rd.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 01:28 PM
There are only two possible reasons:

1.) They feel you are an easy target to troll (so stop responding)
2.) They objectively believe you to be wrong (so stop being wrong or explain better)

You can’t shut down a troll with objective data.
You can prove your point though if articulated properly.

Either they are having fun at your expense. Believe you are wrong. Or are misunderstanding your reason which may be compelling enough to convince them otherwise.

You are responsible for 2/3rds those scenarios but a willing victim for 1/3rd.

Again, this is the problem. You continue to blame the victims of trolls, while not calling out the trolls at all. This is extremely illogical.

Please stop supporting trolls, which turns every thread into RnF. Whats the point in a forum where the trolls simply lie to people who don't know the forum drama? Questions cannot be answered correctly in this kind of environment.

Stand up to the trolls instead of allowing them to trash the forums.

There wouldn't be a problem if trolls like Troxx actually supported their opinions with logic and facts, instead of nonsense, silly gifs, and trolling.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 02:09 PM
https://media.tenor.com/NSwVuMDLVKcAAAAC/victim-card.gif

If only Walmart sold these in a custom care package along with a bottle of Midol and some extra heavy duty tampons.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/P0ZRTYaCmPsJPNd3r0/giphy.gif

kjs86zskidoo
10-17-2023, 02:09 PM
Ya but DSM haven't you responded to them like thousands of times?

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 02:12 PM
If only Walmart sold these in a custom care package along with a bottle of Midol and some extra heavy duty tampons.

As usual, poor trolling.

I am not playing the victim. If that was the case there wouldn't be mountains of evidence that you are a troll. I can defend myself without being a victim.

I am simply pointing out the facts. People are not calling you out for trolling and lying. They are instead asking the person being trolled to support the trolls by capitulating to their nonsense. The outcome of this is trolls like yourself lie to people and nobody calls you out on it.

Forums become meaningless when all information on it is controlled by trolls and liars.

Ya but DSM haven't you responded to them like thousands of times?

Indeed. The only thing I can do is post the truth and counter the trolling and lies. Unfortunately most people are willing to be attacked, and they allow the trolls to take over and provide misinformation to everybody. You need to fight back.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 02:16 PM
I am not playing the victim.

Again, this is the problem. You continue to blame the victims of trolls, while not calling out the trolls at all.

https://media.tenor.com/3VJHw_nzpRIAAAAC/that-makes-sense-hubie-dubois.gif

Jimjam
10-17-2023, 02:17 PM
Troxx isn’t a troll. He is a ranger atm and rangers can’t be trolls.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 02:18 PM
And I’m level 51!

Still can’t find a Tolans Bracer to save my life.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 02:22 PM
Again, nuance is lost on you Troxx. Playing as a victim is different from being a victim. I am not using my victimhood to gain leverage. I don't care about your silly attempts at trolling. I just don't want your lies to trick other people.

I am simply pointing out the truth. You are trolling me and other posters. Posters are asking the people being trolled to capitulate to the trolls, rather than standing up to the trolls.

This only results in a forum where all threads are pointless, as lies are the norm. I urge you to stop trolling, and I urge other posters to start standing up to trolls. Allowing trolls to lie without reprocussion is not a good place to be in. They will do the same thing to you.

kjs86zskidoo
10-17-2023, 02:51 PM
k im sure he'll get right on that

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 02:53 PM
k im sure he'll get right on that

Why do you prefer to encourage trolls and liars? It's just hurting everybody in the long run.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 03:33 PM
I don't care about your silly attempts at trolling.

Guys, DSM claims he doesn’t care about trolling

But …

-spends a whole lot his time complaining about trolling
-falsely labels people trolls for disagreeing with him
-labels anyone a troll who agrees with someone who thinks is trolling him
-anyone who he has labeled a troll is now only trolling whether or not they are trolling vs providing discussion/input
-has now apparently taken up status as the p99 forum White Knight of the anti-trolling defamation league (henceforth to be known as the ATDL)
-now is the champion of all those “others” being trolled (he’s not a victim right) even though nobody’s ass but his is being trolled

https://media.tenor.com/images/60d4824e774b4264a8cc1fe25b904557/tenor.gif

Look guys, I’m an honest fella. I will readily admit to having engaged in trolling behavior with regards to DSM. You all have functioning brain cells … so I know that you all already know this. I also know that many of you also have done this. I’m not apologetic in the slightest sense of the word either.

The collective we (with a capital W) will provide meaningful input and thoughtful discussions in threads. Now, I can’t speak for the rest of you, but as far as I’m concerned… when a thread becomes another “DSM thread” … when that inflection point is reached and reason is traded for madness (shameless Gandalf quote) … I will happily continue to “troll” my merry little ass along.

Why?

1. It is entertaining
2. It does actually help the community.

To expand on point two, it communicates to the rest of the players who the resident town fool is. You see, when a thread becomes a “DSM thread” we have already devolved into the realm of unproductive. Heaven forbid a “new guy” here mistakes DSM for a source of information to be taken seriously.

Consider it a public service.

And DSM, your audience (all present to include any silent readers) also have brain cells. They can and will come to the logical conclusions.

These threads always end up you against literally everyone else.

This thread’s now got wheels of its own. See you in 20 pages!

https://media.tenor.com/MdD-fqYK0X4AAAAC/buckle-up-buckaroo-caitlyn-jenner.gif

kjs86zskidoo
10-17-2023, 03:39 PM
i did it all for the nookie

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 03:50 PM
Look guys, I’m an honest fella. I will readily admit to having engaged in trolling behavior with regards to DSM. You all have functioning brain cells … so I know that you all already know this. I also know that many of you also have done this. I’m not apologetic in the slightest sense of the word either.

Thank you for continuing to prove you are nothing but a troll. The correct answer is to correct your behavior, instead of doubling down and trolling more.

You write a lot of text, but it means nothing since nobody can tell if you are serious or trolling. That is the consequence of your actions.

Please stop lying and attacking people. It just makes the forums less useful for people just trying to play the game. Stick to RnF. You can make all the threads you want there attacking me.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 03:54 PM
Thread was over on page 1

Ps: please upload that video from KC Penish

https://media.tenor.com/KLfUv9L8NrIAAAAM/buckle-up-buckle-up-boys.gif

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 03:56 PM
Thread was over on page 1

Ps: please upload that video from KC Penish

He won't. It makes him look bad. There is really nothing there. He was so intent on trying to catch me doing something he forgot (or doesn't understand) basic mechanics.

I have video proof of me soloing harder mobs in harder zones, so his idea I can't solo KC mobs is obviously wrong. He just wants to believe that is what happened.

He already looks bad by proving he was only online with me to troll me. Very poor behavior. Typically players don't act this way in game.

i did it all for the nookie

Great song.

Duik
10-17-2023, 04:56 PM
DSM, some advice for you.
Only respond to "good trolling" then threads wont bloat out. You look good and "prove" EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST TROLLING POOR LIL YOU.
Also don't medically need to have the final, last and correct word on EVERY thread in which you school us all in all things EverQuest. Whether we ask you or not.

Also also, please let this be the last word. I dare you.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 05:03 PM
DSM, some advice for you.
Only respond to "good trolling" then threads wont bloat out. You look good and "prove" EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST TROLLING POOR LIL YOU.
Also don't medically need to have the final, last and correct word on EVERY thread in which you school us all in all things EverQuest. Whether we ask you or not.

Also also, please let this be the last word. I dare you.

You also don't need the last word, but you aren't taking your own advice. Please post on topic next time instead of supporting the trolls. Then maybe we will actually learn something new, and everybody wins! I always enjoy learning new things.

Duik
10-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Damn it!
Oh, I have learnt something.
Ok. Let ANYBODY ELSE THAT IS NOT YOU OR ME HAVE THE LAST WORD.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 05:57 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/dwQQ1LLoQCdEFdBSyp/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952laer0qrlvr667lz0soh3hbgrfbjln wue44efgqya&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 06:06 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/dwQQ1LLoQCdEFdBSyp/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952laer0qrlvr667lz0soh3hbgrfbjln wue44efgqya&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Now that Troxx has utterly lost, he has gone back to his old habit of attacking autistic people. I guess he feels powerful when he insults people who can't defend themselves. It's pathetic, bit he thinks it looks good on him.

Snaggles
10-17-2023, 06:15 PM
There wouldn't be a problem if trolls like Troxx actually supported their opinions with logic and facts, instead of nonsense, silly gifs, and trolling.

You don’t have to respond to silly trolling posts. Fighting them makes you look worse.
You should respond to anyone you feel is wrong. Try using logic that holds up.

At this point in the game most of this stuff has been figured out. There are still generalizations and vague questions that lead to chaos. It’s good to define and solve for X.

I would like to say there are a million different unique approaches that are effective but that’s not the case. There is probably someone out there who’s “shaman build” is Evocation. If they posted it here and we said it was horrible they could say we are trolling and just ignore any feedback from a list of people. Or they could ask for evidence putting the burden of proof on those representing the status quo/establishment rather than asking the challenger provide evidence in the contrary.

Lastly, I don’t stand up to trolls because it’s stupid and pointless. No genuinely new people ask for help or feedback and are lied to here. You don’t get to be the hero of the people by pretending this is a shared problem by the community writ large. Enough with the histrionics.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 06:17 PM
You should respond to anyone you feel is wrong. Try using logic that holds up.

I do. I often bring in-game evidence as well to support what I am saying. The trolls rarely if ever bring evidence. Their response is to troll and lie in an attempt to appear correct instead of providing counter evidence or conceding. This just causes confusion. Penish did that in this thread by tricking me into playing with him just so he could troll me in an attempt to discredit me. He could have let me show him what I was referring to instead, and made his own conclusions based on real data.

Lastly, I don’t stand up to trolls because it’s stupid and pointless. No genuinely new people ask for help or feedback and are lied to here. You don’t get to be the hero of the people by pretending this is a shared problem by the community writ large. Enough with the histrionics.

And that's why the trolls are running rampant here. You let them do whatever they want and turn a blind eye. They do lie to people. They did so in this very thread on page 1:

This is supposed to be an inside joke for people familiar with the forums, but not everybody will understand it. Don't tell people to skip your pet, it's wrong advice. They are also missing the context for when a Shaman can compete with Mage DPS, it is specifically when root rotting. Penish was also lying about me as I mentioned above because he didn't like the advice I gave.

This is the kind of thing that should live in Rants and Flames. Say whatever you want about me there, I don't care. Just don't pollute threads with nonsense because you think it's funny. It just confuses people. Not everybody understands the forum drama, you cannot assume everybody does.

Duik
10-17-2023, 06:32 PM
You are sooooooo close.

Penish
10-17-2023, 07:05 PM
literally hundreds of people have called this guy a retard, hmm

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 07:12 PM
literally hundreds of people have called this guy a retard, hmm

This is incorrect. It is the same few trolls over and over again, because that is their common pattern of behavior. This is easy to verify. You don't get to count yourself 30 times to get bigger numbers.

Marcus Aurelius is correct when he says:

The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.

Troxx
10-17-2023, 08:19 PM
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you post that Marcus Aurelius quote in nearly every “DSM thread” that has popped up over the last year.

The OPs question was answered (without any disagreement or dissent mind you) on page one. The other 12 pages have just you been bickering with people.

Can we let this shit die yet?

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 08:23 PM
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you post that Marcus Aurelius quote in nearly every “DSM thread” that has popped up over the last year.

The OPs question was answered (without any disagreement or dissent mind you) on page one. The other 12 pages have just you been bickering with people.

Can we let this shit die yet?

Yourself, Crede, Penish, Ripqozko, and Duik are the ones trolling this thread and keeping it alive while making fools of yourselves. I didn't start this, I never do. The post history is clear. I am simply defending myself and refuting your lies.

You can stop posting anytime, and ask your fellow trolls to do the same. It will probably die then.

You could have called out Penish for bad behavior instead of joining in, for example. Clearly you have no interest in letting this thread die. You just keep doubling down and acting foolish.

Ripqozko
10-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Yourself, Crede, Penish, Ripqozko, and Duik are the ones trolling this thread and keeping it alive while making fools of yourselves. I didn't start this, I never do. The post history is clear. I am simply defending myself and refuting your lies.

You can stop posting anytime, and ask your fellow trolls to do the same. It will probably die then.

You could have called out Penish for bad behavior instead of joining in, for example. Clearly you have no interest in letting this thread die. You just keep doubling down and acting foolish.

Easy 20 more pages of this

Alarria
10-17-2023, 10:21 PM
I'm not a troll but I really do enjoy reading threads about game mechanics, theory crafting, etc. I see a post with like ten plus pages and I'm like yeah! Then invariably they end up being DSM arguing with people who disagree with him. It's just so frustrating and annoying and the fact that you respond to everyone with a huge post defending yourself when a large majority of the posters are openly mocking you or calling you out makes me wonder if you are actually trolling all of us. You have a lot of "attackers" but I rarely (honestly not sure if ever) have seen someone defending you. That's pretty telling, honestly.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2023, 10:39 PM
I'm not a troll but I really do enjoy reading threads about game mechanics, theory crafting, etc. I see a post with like ten plus pages and I'm like yeah! Then invariably they end up being DSM arguing with people who disagree with him. It's just so frustrating and annoying and the fact that you respond to everyone with a huge post defending yourself when a large majority of the posters are openly mocking you or calling you out makes me wonder if you are actually trolling all of us. You have a lot of "attackers" but I rarely (honestly not sure if ever) have seen someone defending you. That's pretty telling, honestly.

Stop blaming people being trolled and blame the trolls. Thats how it stops. People don't want to be trolled, so they stay silent. The trolls gang up on people to give the illusion multiple people disagree. It's a very clear pattern in these threads. I have multiple examples of these trolls disagreeing with me in one thread, only to agree with me on the same topic in another.

Duik
10-17-2023, 11:03 PM
Double Oh Seven Of Nines. License to shill

DeathsSilkyMist
10-18-2023, 12:14 AM
I'm not a troll but I really do enjoy reading threads about game mechanics, theory crafting, etc. I see a post with like ten plus pages and I'm like yeah!

I enjoy those conversations too.

Penish and I could have had a productive mechanics conversation if he didn't group with me for the sole purpose of attacking me. Why do you keep ignoring that and go after me instead?

If you want productive conversations, don't encourage the trolls to do this. They want to stop conversations they disagree with. The conversations you enjoy.

Snaggles
10-18-2023, 02:06 AM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

It’s a fact know by few but you can trim down “content” by adding people to your own ignore filter.

Otherwise I agree. As a mechanics nerd I love this game. Most these these threads start good and taper off by about 30% of the length. The last 70% is restating the same opinions/facts and bickering.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-18-2023, 02:26 AM
Otherwise I agree. As a mechanics nerd I love this game. Most these these threads start good and taper off by about 30% of the length. The last 70% is restating the same opinions/facts and bickering.

If you love mechanics conversations you would stand up to the trolls. You do realize they keep shutting down these kinds of conversations, right? Penish did that in this very thread. Why do you keep condoning this behavior by saying nothing?

Jimjam
10-18-2023, 02:35 AM
You just have to let the trolls have their fun. Scolding them just adds more spam to the dumpster fire and bloats threads further. Post when there is content/discussion to be had and let a thread die a trolly death once the time comes.

Snaggles
10-18-2023, 02:45 AM
If you love mechanics conversations you would stand up to the trolls. You do realize they keep shutting down these kinds of conversations, right? Penish did that in this very thread. Why do you keep condoning this behavior by saying nothing?

This thread was shut down on page 1. The rest is just cacophony. I highly suggest you use the ignore filter.

I contribute a lot here, or try to. I don’t need to lecture people on the forum for their manners. I could care less who’s rude, or trolling. I’ll pick my battles, there is enough misunderstanding about the game and people who want to learn new stuff.

Duik
10-18-2023, 03:10 AM
Nobody can shut down a DSM thread.
Its like man PMS. Perpetual Motion Speech. Aint nobody shuten dis shit down.

zelld52
10-18-2023, 05:38 AM
im quitting p99 there waere 5 fuckin pages of this since yesterday morning

Duik
10-18-2023, 07:20 AM
It's a Trollocaust!

Penish
10-18-2023, 08:00 AM
hi i cant solo four mobs in kc as a tov geared shaman, i also give out the best advice

Troxx
10-18-2023, 09:56 AM
Question asked: I just got my highest level pet and it feels like it takes more damage than the prior pets.

Answer: (posts 2, 3, 6, and 7) answer given repeatedly, definitively and without disagreement before end of page 1. Thread should have been over.

Pages 2-9: Thread morphs into a “DSM thread” complete with a hilarious written description of a failed attempt for a ToV shaman at root rotting mobs in KC. I would still love to see the video as I’ll give DSM some degree of benefit of the doubt until I see it. I mean, he can’t possibly be that bad?? And who the hell needs to “prep” for root rotting KC mobs. Who cares if not full mana. If it’s sustainable, it shouldn’t matter - just keep rolling the “test” beyond the initial mob set and prove without a doubt the point you were trying to prove is both realistic and efficient.

Pages 10+: Insanity snowballs. Victim complex evolves and a new White Knight rises from the ashes and salty tears of manchildren to defend the citizens of Gotham City from having their feelings hurt on the intrawebz

I’m very excited to see where we go from here.

PS: I both blame and applaud Crede on page 1 (post 8) for the ensuing dumpster fire. I almost spit out my coffee from laughing while reading it. You, sir, are a poet and a scholar.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-18-2023, 10:12 AM
Thank you Troxx, Duik, and Penish for continuing to provide evidence you are nothing but trolls. Troxx's attack on autistic people because he cannot win an aurgument was particularly rough. Penish's failed attempt at trolling me in game was both very poor behavior, and very sad since he didn't even get what he wanted. Penish seemingly doesn't care about hurting other groups in a zone when he's trolling, since he doesn't understand why you would want to test pet pathing before starting fights with pets.

I would advise people to start standing up to trolls like this to prevent them from doing this same thing to yourself and other threads. It's only going to get worse.

Shutting down conversations, lying, and providing misinformation are not healthy things for this forum or P99. You can't get answers to questions this way, or discuss the game. I am not sure why the trolls think this behavior is winning them any points, or making me look bad.

Jimjam
10-18-2023, 10:16 AM
Rogean said it was my turn to have last word.

Troxx
10-18-2023, 10:59 AM
Troxx's attack on autistic people because he cannot win an aurgument was particularly rough.

On a more serious note:

My little brother, one of my first cousins, and two of my uncles are autistic. Autism has a special place in my heart. Beyond that, I care for autistic children on a daily basis. Proper evaluation and diagnosis helps me get them interventional assistance to help them overcome any obstacles (socially or otherwise) they may find themselves up against and thrive.

For you, DSM, it’s tongue-in-cheek at this point but after more than a year observing your interactions and cognitive “train of thought”, I am legitimately suspicious you are on spectrum. If that is the case, I apologize that your healthcare team failed you when you were younger. ABA therapy might have helped you significantly.

The alternative is that this is all some elaborate ruse … a mask you wear on the forums with the specific goal of being an obtuse troll … sipping your wine like Gerald Brovlovski (spelling?) from South Park and secretly sitting at home laughing your ass off. If that is the case, I salute you sir. Well played!

Unfortunately … I suspect you are just being you.

Seek help.

Lovingly yours,

Troxx

DeathsSilkyMist
10-18-2023, 11:17 AM
On a more serious note:

My little brother, one of my first cousins, and two of my uncles are autistic. Autism has a special place in my heart. Beyond that, I care for autistic children on a daily basis. Proper evaluation and diagnosis helps me get them interventional assistance to help them overcome any obstacles (socially or otherwise) they may find themselves up against and thrive.

For you, DSM, it’s tongue-in-cheek at this point but after more than a year observing your interactions and cognitive “train of thought”, I am legitimately suspicious you are on spectrum. If that is the case, I apologize that your healthcare team failed you when you were younger. ABA therapy might have helped you significantly.

The alternative is that this is all some elaborate ruse … a mask you wear on the forums with the specific goal of being an obtuse troll … sipping your wine like Gerald Brovlovski (spelling?) from South Park and secretly sitting at home laughing your ass off. If that is the case, I salute you sir. Well played!

Unfortunately … I suspect you are just being you.

Seek help.

Lovingly yours,

Troxx

You should have thought about your family members before deciding to use autism as an insult. This only makes you look worse fankly. You clearly have no respect for autistic people.

The only person who needs help is youself. You have a strong desire to constantly attack people and lie when they disagree with you. You should fix youself before giving advice to others.

I know you can improve yourself if you try.

Snaggles
10-18-2023, 11:24 AM
As stupid as this thread is I don’t think it’s the place to provide unsolicited and unqualified diagnosis. We certainly shouldn’t be poking fun at it. The most brilliant people in this world are neurodivergent and it is indeed a spectrum. I expect I’m on it too, minus the brilliant perk.

Regarding which shaman pet people should use this isn’t a debate. You never get a pet after 6 levels which is the same archetype as the rest, for more 40% more mana cost, yet is a worse pet. IF it is, people should parse and submit that as a bug because it clearly would be one.

I truly urge all of you to consider the ignore filter. Its not nearly as brilliant as the in-game one but with proper use it’s quite helpful. If you have a bone to pick with someone start a RnF or wish to hijack perhaps new thread.

There, can I take the hall monitor sash off?

Troxx
10-18-2023, 11:26 AM
Did anyone other than DSM ask you to put it on?

DeathsSilkyMist
10-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Did anyone other than DSM ask you to put it on?

Nobody will need to call you out for trolling when you stop trolling. You should focus on fixing your trolling problem.

Ripqozko
10-18-2023, 12:20 PM
19 more pages ez clap

Seducio
10-18-2023, 02:17 PM
Rogean said it was my turn to have last word.

Not according to Menden. Perhaps the two of us can create a UN for the forums so we can schedule rotations for who gets the last word. (just joking around of course)

Duik
10-18-2023, 04:16 PM
You should have thought about your family members before deciding to use autism as an insult. This only makes you look worse fankly. You clearly have no respect for autistic people.

The only person who needs help is youself. You have a strong desire to constantly attack people and lie when they disagree with you. You should fix youself before giving advice to others.

I know you can improve yourself if you try.

Now, in your words you need to learn to read good sir. Troxx mentions a personal and close connection to Le Spectrum. He merely points out your proximity to it (in his most humble opinion) and even offers condolences, were it to be true, that your youth and teen health care providers failed to notice "the signs".
He then speculates maybe you are in fact a reverse troll, 4d chessing your way through life (and these forums) with a quaff and a chuckle from your place on high.
I believe you to be partially on the spectrum drinking from a juice box on an eeepc in the chucky cheeze ballpit.
P.S ballpit hides the drool.

Penish
10-18-2023, 07:01 PM
Now, in your words you need to learn to read good sir. Troxx mentions a personal and close connection to Le Spectrum. He merely points out your proximity to it (in his most humble opinion) and even offers condolences, were it to be true, that your youth and teen health care providers failed to notice "the signs".
He then speculates maybe you are in fact a reverse troll, 4d chessing your way through life (and these forums) with a quaff and a chuckle from your place on high.
I believe you to be partially on the spectrum drinking from a juice box on an eeepc in the chucky cheeze ballpit.
P.S ballpit hides the drool.

i did lol

Questors
10-27-2023, 07:56 PM
Okay, well now, that went off the rails.

I knew Shaman pets are warriors. In a non-scientific sense of the idea, it just seemed the level max level (39) Spirit of the Howler routinely took more damage than say the level 37 pet of the same summoning spell. This didn't make sense. The higher level did more damage, as it should, but I often had to toss a heal at it.

I wondered if it may be a bug or just a case where there were other variables I wasn't taking into account. That's all. The latter of the two is apparently the case.

Snaggles
10-27-2023, 10:10 PM
Could be an unlucky few rounds of random dice in favor of the mob. Or a late slow, etc. you could parse it to know for sure but the higher level pet should be better in every respect.

Yea welcome to the forums. It’s nothing but shoddy tracks and drunk conductors for this rail line.

DeathsSilkyMist
10-28-2023, 12:23 PM
Could be an unlucky few rounds of random dice in favor of the mob. Or a late slow, etc. you could parse it to know for sure but the higher level pet should be better in every respect.

Yea welcome to the forums. It’s nothing but shoddy tracks and drunk conductors for this rail line.

Indeed. It is an unfortunate consequence of letting trolls run rampant without any pushback. This problem will stop when people stop supporting the trolls.

As I said on page 1 and Snaggles has repeated, parse your pet if you think there is an issue. Bugs can occur, so you may be seeing one if you are confident this discrepancy is consistent. Personally I haven't seen this myself, and I use the Shaman pet often.

Duik
10-28-2023, 08:23 PM
Ralph Wiggam says: DSM calls people trolls, and he has a picture of a Troll as his Avatar. Troll. I'm in danger.

sajbert
10-29-2023, 09:33 AM
Pretty sure that's an elf and not a troll.

p99portage
11-23-2023, 02:20 AM
16 pages and nothing to show for it other than more DSM horseshit. I want the video!

DeathsSilkyMist
11-23-2023, 03:11 AM
16 pages and nothing to show for it other than more DSM horseshit. I want the video!

I have plenty of videos showing me solo harder content than KC if you are interested! The video Penish recorded shows nothing interesting, since we never got started. That is why he won't post it.