PDA

View Full Version : Back to K & B

Rust1d?
07-12-2011, 08:43 AM
No incentive to PvP on this box. You guys will get sick of having to run and get your bodies. Once you hit 50 you will get bored, fast, unless they open up Kunark. See you on K & B.

Knuckle
07-12-2011, 08:59 AM
later scrub

Xantille
07-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Smoke weed grind guards' heads all day erryday

Rust1d?
07-12-2011, 11:01 AM
later scrub

Big Knuckle playing some box in his moms basement brahs!

Rust1d?
07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Smoke weed grind guards' heads all day erryday

yup yup!

Knuckle
07-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Big Knuckle playing some box in his moms basement brahs!

I'm only level 26 on a SK with a tentacle whip(4/26), small wooden shield, and some cloth armor. But I will proceed to rape face.

Rust1d?
07-12-2011, 02:44 PM
It is only a matter of time before hacks, dupes and exploits are floating around like shit nuggets in a toilet

fiegi
07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Ouch...... don't know how this server is gonna recover from this newbie who likes to farm guards for his "pvp" quitting. fuck talk about a body blow

Rust1d?
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Lol I never even started on this shitbox

SearyxTZ
07-12-2011, 03:05 PM
well ur pretty much all alone then

all due respect to the devs, but no one really wants to play on Queens and Scoundrels Custom Server 9000. People want classic shit.

The incentive for PvP is the same as it ever was. You fight for zone control, raid targets, and bragging rights. And item/coin loot. What more incentive could there possibly be?

fiegi
07-12-2011, 03:10 PM
well ur pretty much all alone then

all due respect to the devs, but no one really wants to play on Queens and Scoundrels Custom Server 9000. People want classic shit.

The incentive for PvP is the same as it ever was. You fight for zone control, raid targets, and bragging rights. And item/coin loot. What more incentive could there possibly be?

You have to understand this rust1d guy. He actually was crying for /who all and /who all zones to be removed on that box so he can blue it up in peace.

SearyxTZ
07-12-2011, 03:11 PM
someone point this man towards the blue server

He seems to be lost

Bardalicious
07-12-2011, 04:10 PM
This bluebie must be Hazek. Second person to get griefed off the server ya'll.

Hazek
07-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Dying once is not getting griefed off the server, sorry. I got plenty of kills, but now its just boring at lvl 50. Also, I play on these boxes knowing i'm going to quit eventually. Why? Because EQ is a waste of time in itself, but its entertaining to level and PVP for a bit before it gets stale. Have fun "contesting" the same 30 people for weeks and no actual reward. Heres some screenshots though.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9324/stasis1440x810.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2787/plug1440x810.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6747/finkl1440x810.jpg

Anyway. K&B is pretty entertaining, because there's actually shit to work towards once you're max level. I don't know why all of you love classic so much. Its like you don't even think about why you want a classic server, you just keep repeating that shit with no actual logic. Do you think that its going to be more nostalgic or something? Do you think its going to revive the "classic pvp experience"?? It wont, sorry. Also, K&B is still pretty much classic, with some additions that make it better. Its not some crazy insta level 90 epic server.

Amuk
07-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Hazeks bad, time to rage quit the server bro. Raped 1v1 in nek with CLR buffs and raped in OOT the next day - only person I saw on KAB with 7-20 ratio as a shaman vs people with 0 resists.

Grats on your gang bang SS's tho.

-Stasis

Hazek
07-12-2011, 04:56 PM
No cleric buffs sorry. And you're the dummy that didn't have a crew. GJ getting YT'd though.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3580/nope1440x810.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3606/run1440x810.jpg

By the way. Pretty sure earth pet root doesn't work on this server.

Amuk
07-12-2011, 04:58 PM
PS you cried that much on KAB too, it's not the server - it's you.

Amuk
07-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Should post the next ss after that imo.

Hazek
07-12-2011, 05:02 PM
PS you cried that much on KAB too, it's not the server - it's you.
Actually, I would define at as constructive feedback on how to improve the server.
But seeing that you are illiterate, or incapable of reading one page worth of text,
how would you know what my post was about anyway?

Should post the next ss after that imo.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3010/uluscloudsinfairweather.jpg

Bardalicious
07-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Actually, I would define at as constructive feedback on how to improve the server.
But seeing that you are illiterate, or incapable of reading one page worth of text,
how would you know what my post was about anyway?

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3010/uluscloudsinfairweather.jpg

Bluebie ragin' about not enough bluebie content on a red server, jokes on you pal. Go to LOLEZCUSTOMDIABLOx100XP1HITKILLGODMODE server imo.

fiegi
07-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I like hazeks ui

Macken
07-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I like bardalicious' cry.

Rust1d?
07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Zone control? Raid mobs? How many times do I need to play through classic content before someone decides to finally open up Kunark? I like classic just as much as the next guy, but how many fucking times can you level to 50 on the same classic box? At least K&B gives you more reasons to pvp and will only get better. You will be lucky if you get a month on this box before someone rages and the server gets wiped.

Anyone who has played VZTZ knows the nerd drama that goes on between the guys behind the scenes. Searyx is one of those neckbearded mouthbreathers who ruined the last box. Along with Gronkus and the other forum warriors.

Why don't you take your skills and contribute to a box that is at least trying?

fiegi
07-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Zone control? Raid mobs? How many times do I need to play through classic content before someone decides to finally open up Kunark? I like classic just as much as the next guy, but how many fucking times can you level to 50 on the same classic box? At least K&B gives you more reasons to pvp and will only get better. You will be lucky if you get a month on this box before someone rages and the server gets wiped.

Anyone who has played VZTZ knows the nerd drama that goes on between the guys behind the scenes. Searyx is one of those neckbearded mouthbreathers who ruined the last box. Along with Gronkus and the other forum warriors.

By saying more reason to pvp, you do realize you mean farm guard heads for pvp pts?????????

p a s s

ty for offer tho

Jigga
07-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah and the people behind KaB have never had any previous drama or shady business going on

juicedsixfo
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM
By saying more reason to pvp, you do realize you mean farm guard heads for pvp pts?????????

p a s s

ty for offer tho

Hi fiegi,

Just to keep you up to speed so that your retorts can be relevant, guard farming is basically non existent (i.e. pointless) now since the head drop rates were nerfed significantly, and you need two for one single solitary point, whereas an ear or coin from PvP may be worth between 2-9 points at a time.

Also to anyone who cares, two minute Selo's is gone, as it should have been.

ttyl

fiegi
07-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi fiegi,

Just to keep you up to speed so that your retorts can be relevant, guard farming is basically non existent (i.e. pointless) now since the head drop rates were nerfed significantly, and you need two for one single solitary point, whereas an ear or coin from PvP may be worth between 2-9 points at a time.

Also to anyone who cares, two minute Selo's is gone, as it should have been.

ttyl

ty pal even tho i bet you pals are still farming those heads since they stil lhave a *chance* to drop

im sure darksinga is /wristing

SearyxTZ
07-13-2011, 02:47 PM

Because I don't want to play some overly-custom server. I want to play classic, with the PvP (and incentives) exactly as they are currently. I think it's perfect.

*strokes neckbeard, breathes through mouth*

Rust1d?
07-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Seriously...how many times can you start on classic, get to 50 etc, get gear, pvp, wipe like 4-5 times and keep doing it? I'm all for classic and I embrace the pvp reward system. I kind of got bored of the "come at me bro" "u mad bro?" following yellow texts after the 2nd time I saw it.

keto
07-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Seriously...how many times can you start on classic, get to 50 etc, get gear, pvp, wipe like 4-5 times and keep doing it? I'm all for classic and I embrace the pvp reward system. I kind of got bored of the "come at me bro" "u mad bro?" following yellow texts after the 2nd time I saw it.

How many people play de_dust2 all day erry day getting headshots?

SearyxTZ
07-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Welcome to playing video games. The best ones have circular design. Any server NOT taking this into consideration is already destined to fail. Any server devs who are not actually aware of or in touch with what the playerbase wants is going to fail, too.

Yeah - you restart a map on counterstrike every 30 minutes. DotA/LoL - you play the same map, lasts about 40 minutes. Diablo 2 gets wiped/reset. Etc. Soldier of Fortune 2 I probably "restarted" the hk2 map a good 1000+ times.

My handful of EQ plays are tame by comparison. I haven't even played all the classes yet - this is my first time playing a wizard.

Knuckle
07-13-2011, 05:28 PM
im pretty sure ill make a cleric on dec24 2012

Jong
07-14-2011, 01:14 AM

an infinite number of times

I am an everquest playing robot human being whose name is Karl Malone

in all honesty though K&B was pretty legit and w/o guard farming/bluebie action and all that it has a lot of potential because you HAVE to pvp in order to get better gear, but having safe zones in AT ALL = no thanks

naez
07-14-2011, 01:21 AM
im pretty sure ill make a cleric on dec24 2012

when jesus rises 3 days after obamageddon??!?

have played de_dust2 map in at least 3 completely different shooters

Buhbuh
07-14-2011, 01:38 AM

This is a bluebie sentiment, ironically. Starting fresh is where a lot of the fun in PvPing is at. When the TZ server considered wiping right after a bunch of people got their epics, I found it to be bad timing for me, sure, but ultimately it wasn't that big of a deal.

Basically, the implications you're making are that PvP sucks for you when you're not geared well-- your fun is predicated on gear solely, not the fact that PvP exists, but that you have earned a certain advantage over people via poopsocking or sheer luck in attaining gear (the time spent playing a character is a meaningless cop-out if said character has shit for gear). PvP from the beginning levels is sexy because gear is only a slight factor in deciding who is the more skilled player (but mostly the levels).

Either way though, the hardcore grinders with no jobs and disappointed parents end up with all the gear and are going to roll you for the most part.

This game requires a perpetual time sink sort of lifestyle, brewseph, not a 'get geared and maintain that position by logging in casually' kind of outlook.

P.S. I'm going to the gym to look better than Searyx.

Secrets
07-14-2011, 04:14 AM
If there's anything that I will agree with in this thread, it's the common hatred for classic that some seem to share.

I don't want to make a classic server, but the majority of people have been very vocal about wanting to play something similar to red99, and not custom stuff. As a custom server developer and supporter of custom servers, this irks me. Nothing creative can come out of EverQuest as a result, it's why I dropped my "Mythical Lands" codebase and started to work on a red classic server, because it'll actually attract people to start playing on it due to it being somewhat like classic.

I actually liked K & B PvP. I wouldn't agree with some systems, classic or not, but I have my own reasons.

The one thing that I hated that came out of K & B was the playerbase whining about dispellable effects acting as WoW-style "cleanse" spells. That put the nail in the coffin at any chance to make a custom PvP server, and even though it was one person whining about it, it sure did make a negative impact on the server. This is why we can't have nice things, I thought the idea was brilliant, it stops what I thought was the main issue with dispell.

About the attraction to my server... I really don't get it. I spent 5 hours on my server preparing it, and about 3 days fixing crash issues, and had a population of about 60 on release. That population will slowly dwindle a bit as people get bored of it/lack of things to do in classic/the half-finished DB boring them/exp rates being too high resulting in there being one pvp level (50), but again, I have made some custom servers and none of them have been that popular on release. That pisses me off. I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way.

I've yet to figure out why. Is there not enough repeatable or expansive content in a custom PvP server? I don't know at this point. Just wanted to put that out there, though.

SearyxTZ
07-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Familiarity. Same reason why P1999 is so hot and custom blue servers aren't.

Most of the potential players in the emulated everquest community just want to play the game they played 12 years ago. The devs don't want to because it's already been done and you can't really put your mark on a server that follows classic (aside from doing a bang-up job of emulating everything perfectly, which P1999 has apparently done). It's asking an artist to copy a famous painting instead of creating his own, so I feel your pain there.

I don't think.... a Really Custom Server, no matter how well designed, will ever have a high population here. It won't happen.

The players who have gone through the trouble of even getting EQEmu working are few enough and most are content to just play classic.

Now, MAYBE you could get completely new players interested in custom servers, but that's not a luxury we have here. If I tried to get somebody who never touched EQ to play any of this shit, they'd just laugh at me. I wrote an install guide for TZT that is like 58 steps, requires you to pirate a huge game via torrent, rename/edit a bunch of files, download a fix for dual core processors, download a spells file, make an eqemu forum account, etc. Plenty of former EQ'ers I've told about servers here have passed on playing simply because they got stuck on the install/setup process or ran into bugs.

Compare that to any F2P MMO which has at minimum WoW-quality graphics and usually a simple download/install process.

New blood is few and far in between for this community, and you're left with a bunch of nostalgia hounds. ;)

Hazek
07-14-2011, 06:18 AM
Agree with Secrets and Searyx. The install is really simple in my opinion, but most people are too lazy, or just don't care about EQ at all. Not sure why we all still love it so much, but I think its a great game.
In regards to the pvp servers...

If farming NPC's is being a bluebie, than you're all a bunch of bluebies. There are two purposes for killing NPC's, to get drops, and to attract players that can fight each other.

Do you want to farm the same old zones you've been farming for years, with a small chance of someone contesting you, with no actual reward for the victor other than yellow text?

Or do you want to farm those zones, for yellow text, item drops, and points that allow you to purchase even more upgrades that you would not otherwise get from drops? Without having to do some horrendous CR if you die. You only have to wait 30 minutes to summon your corpse. The purpose of giving pvp points from guards is to draw players to that zone for MORE PVP, not so they can get free "pvp gear" from PVE. Why? Because its easier and faster to get to someone in Freeport, than someone in hate.

Its time to make EQ pvp better. Contesting people in raid zones is so played out. Why not see who is really good at the game? How is this done? By creating more group pvp, more often. Rewarding for people with high KD ratios which is displayed by the gear they have earned (pvp points), the leaderboard, and the constant spam of yellow text.

Which do you prefer, seeing the occasional yellow text not knowing if that person is even good. Or seeing the same crew that rolled you last time, knowing that their mage who always gets the yellow text, is only as good as his team?

I enjoy both servers, and thank you to the devs for doing the work. I play on Secrets box atm because there are more people. But I dont think it will last. If you do get bored for whatever reason, I hope you go to K&B instead of just quitting while waiting for the pipe dream of red99.

Knuckle
07-14-2011, 09:06 AM
If there's anything that I will agree with in this thread, it's the common hatred for classic that some seem to share.

I don't want to make a classic server, but the majority of people have been very vocal about wanting to play something similar to red99, and not custom stuff. As a custom server developer and supporter of custom servers, this irks me. Nothing creative can come out of EverQuest as a result, it's why I dropped my "Mythical Lands" codebase and started to work on a red classic server, because it'll actually attract people to start playing on it due to it being somewhat like classic.

I actually liked K & B PvP. I wouldn't agree with some systems, classic or not, but I have my own reasons.

The one thing that I hated that came out of K & B was the playerbase whining about dispellable effects acting as WoW-style "cleanse" spells. That put the nail in the coffin at any chance to make a custom PvP server, and even though it was one person whining about it, it sure did make a negative impact on the server. This is why we can't have nice things, I thought the idea was brilliant, it stops what I thought was the main issue with dispell.

About the attraction to my server... I really don't get it. I spent 5 hours on my server preparing it, and about 3 days fixing crash issues, and had a population of about 60 on release. That population will slowly dwindle a bit as people get bored of it/lack of things to do in classic/the half-finished DB boring them/exp rates being too high resulting in there being one pvp level (50), but again, I have made some custom servers and none of them have been that popular on release. That pisses me off. I am sure I am not the only one who feels that way.

I've yet to figure out why. Is there not enough repeatable or expansive content in a custom PvP server? I don't know at this point. Just wanted to put that out there, though.

Custom content needs to be very limited in nature, and work with classic, not remove it. That's why your server completely raped K&B, most people don't want to play a custom game, they tend to be alot more imbalanced, and limit pvp sandbox interaction. People bitch and moan about classic, but I'm having alot of fun, just last night I completely wiped Searyxs group in Guk and he threatened to not advertise the server, good times.

Rushmore
07-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Custom content needs to be very limited in nature, and work with classic, not remove it. That's why your server completely raped K&B, most people don't want to play a custom game, they tend to be alot more imbalanced, and limit pvp sandbox interaction. People bitch and moan about classic, but I'm having alot of fun, just last night I completely wiped Searyxs group in Guk and he threatened to not advertise the server, good times.

I was there. It was awesome. Good Times. They should have let us exp in peace imo pals.

SearyxTZ
07-14-2011, 01:01 PM
You left out the part where you died on your own train. And then when Roseanne and I got back, we brought half of Lower Guk down onto your newbie group and wiped you. And then suddenly nobody wanted to OOR train anymore (IMAGINE THAT)

But ya I was pissed because Kors quit on the spot (-1 to pop) after I informed him that training was legal. I can't really advertise a PvP server if training replaces PvP. I will still play, but other people won't.

Maybe ur wise to stay away from PvP tho, just based on how you've done against Sanlaven and I so far. 8)

Buhbuh
07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I agree with most of you pals. I think to a certain degree all of us came here because of the nostalgia. I certainly did. I thought and was told by the website it was strictly a classic EQ emu when TZ/VZ was around.

Honestly though, most players just wanted Kunark or Velious expansions to be out already. The game becomes so much more dynamic in those expansions for PvP, and the zones and raid encounters get pretty crazy (mass/ grp PvP is awesome). Sony developers essentially didn't care about PvP, so with each expansion different strengths and weaknesses presented themselves, creating these divides between classes. Most developers don't have the experience of playing every class so it's hard to make a newer, fresher balance based on the errors of Sony's past.

Someone always will complain. I think some things should be left alone in classic EQ. I could go either way with resists. On one side, classic EQ made debuffs more viable tools for the classes that had them. TZ/VZ was in a situation where debuffs were almost wholly unnecessary. But melee was completely OP too, so trying to use debuffs was a life or death situation a lot of the time.

I actually enjoy the slow exp rates on PvP servers. There's some good PvP at low levels, and maybe even the chance to make a little money on the side. Some things probably should be left alone. One big thing on the emulated PvP servers was that there was no economy. No one trades, no one buys from others. Guild PvP was fun, but really just ignoring better rulesets.

No matter how red you think you are, there has to be some kind of sociability or common ground (an economy) between players. We've got the flame fests n' shit, but no one takes a break or compromises on a server where you can't afford to stop. P99 is the most successful because it has done the best at creating the old environment we all remember. You can sit at a bank in Kelethin and chill for an hour (probably get PK'd there on a PvP server) but not feel like you've fallen behind. You can get like 6 levels in an hour on PvP servers.

tl;dr

Knuckle
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
You left out the part where you died on your own train. And then when Roseanne and I got back, we brought half of Lower Guk down onto your newbie group and wiped you. And then suddenly nobody wanted to OOR train anymore (IMAGINE THAT)

But ya I was pissed because Kors quit on the spot (-1 to pop) after I informed him that training was legal. I can't really advertise a PvP server if training replaces PvP. I will still play, but other people won't.

Maybe ur wise to stay away from PvP tho, just based on how you've done against Sanlaven and I so far. 8)

Lies and trolls. We didnt die to any mobs you pulled, have you lost your mind? we were at frenzy camp and wiped trying to kill frenzied since my 35 SK was the only tank and neither mob can be CC'd. At that point(1230 EST) I was ready for bed(work in 7 hrs).

yes i admit my level 10 SK was no match for your 20 wizard, or sanlavens broken wizard crit, but apparently your 49 wizard is no match for my 35k sk.

fiegi
07-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Really... ? He quit on the spot because he heard training was legal? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:-1 pop sucks - i agree but sadly he probably wouldn't of made it here very long anways if he is that thin skinned.

JayDee
07-14-2011, 02:14 PM
I have never seen training on vztz. This is an outrage

SearyxTZ
07-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I think Xantille had a good suggestion which was to make all levels PvP (or all in higher level zones/dungeons)

So then at least you can track down and kill people attempting to OOR train

fiegi
07-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I think Xantille had a good suggestion which was to make all levels PvP (or all in higher level zones/dungeons)

I like it

juicedsixfo
07-14-2011, 02:48 PM
In regards to the pvp servers...

If farming NPC's is being a bluebie, than you're all a bunch of bluebies. There are two purposes for killing NPC's, to get drops, and to attract players that can fight each other.

Right, even though now guard farming is pretty obsolete, I always thought there should have been world wide emotes on the first guard killed so people could show up. Currently there's only an emote when you kill their banker or morale officer, but as I said, guard farming has basically passed it's time as a viable way to gain some points.

Oh, and the handful of the people who camped the shit out of them day in and day out are now on VZTZ anyway, so it actually worked out great. ;)

Or do you want to farm those zones, for yellow text, item drops, and points that allow you to purchase even more upgrades that you would not otherwise get from drops? Without having to do some horrendous CR if you die. You only have to wait 30 minutes to summon your corpse.

As much as the nostalgia hounds hate the idea of porters, to me they make perfect sense. You can get to PvP faster. On K&B when there's yellow text it also has the zone name. Nice, let me port home, and hit up one of the four options the porter has available so I can port in somewhere close and run my ass over there, instead of realizing it's a continent away and just staying put.

And again, the corpse summoner with a 30 minute timer. I think it's brilliant. You completely null all those rules about corpse camping, loot and scoot, bind rushing, whatever. No rules, if you don't want to risk getting camped or killed again, wait it out. To me there's nothing blue about that.

In the end, to each their own. I agree with the sentiment that starting up a new character has a certain rush to it. Some of us just enjoy rerolling, plain and simple. It provides new opportunities.

edit:
in all honesty though K&B was pretty legit and w/o guard farming/bluebie action and all that it has a lot of potential because you HAVE to pvp in order to get better gear, but having safe zones in AT ALL = no thanks

Well, technically above 40 there are no "safe zones" in the sense that you're untouchable. You can sit in your city and do whatever it is people do, but if some players of an opposing faction showed up, you could still be killed after they made it through the guards at the front. So people can sit behind guards and be "safe" in their city but that's it. You can only stay in Nexus/Bazaar/Shadowhaven for 10 minutes and you're kicked out.

fiegi
07-14-2011, 03:08 PM
What kind of population is Kings and Bandits sporting now a days?

juicedsixfo
07-14-2011, 03:16 PM
It's been around 10-30 the last couple days, with some of that being two boxing. The population is definitely hurting, but I think it will make a comeback, slowly but surely.

One of the things that "hurts" the population is that it uses a custom login server because it uses a modified eqgame.exe. So curious users don't have the option of just clicking play from the server list and giving it a shot. But really, in the long run I think it will help the server because it gives Image much more control on monitoring hacks. Nostalgia all you want but people will get tired of MQ2 users.

SearyxTZ
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
One of the things that "hurts" the population is that it uses a custom login server because it uses a modified eqgame.exe. So curious users don't have the option of just clicking play from the server list and giving it a shot. But really, in the long run I think it will help the server because it gives Image much more control on monitoring hacks. Nostalgia all you want but people will get tired of MQ2 users (no offense to Secrets who I believe intends on also moving to a custom login server in the future).

It's already convoluted enough getting in to a normal emu server, so yeah I'd say any additional overhead on logging in and playing is going to be a deterrence. Not to mention that most players do not trust far enough to download and use an .exe file from the interwebs -- when Voidd released his custom patcher thing, nobody downloaded it because of distrust.

Bad idea all around, there. A custom spells file download is about as far as anyone should reach.

And I believe Secrets is working on a different type of anti-MQ.

Knuckle
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
What kind of population is Kings and Bandits sporting now a days?

I heard its pretty low because of Secrets server which is closer to classic pvp.

juicedsixfo
07-14-2011, 03:40 PM
And I believe Secrets is working on a different type of anti-MQ.

I heard it's also a modified eqgame.exe using a custom login server. People use MQ all day on the emulated servers, and it's not really that much of a problem until it comes to PvP.

K&B is in for the long haul and I'm thankful for that. Good luck to VZTZ as well.

SearyxTZ
07-14-2011, 03:52 PM
What someone really needs to do - if it's doable - is make a smooth install package out of Titanium (or SoD - whatever).

So that it's newbieproof and automates all of the file modification/editing shit. The goal would be less clicks and less steps to getting in and playing + some kind of standardized setup process for any of the eqemu servers.

Bardalicious
07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
What someone really needs to do - if it's doable - is make a smooth install package out of Titanium (or SoD - whatever).

So that it's newbieproof and automates all of the file modification/editing shit. The goal would be less clicks and less steps to getting in and playing + some kind of standardized setup process for any of the eqemu servers.

Outside of redistributing an entire custom installation of Titanium (illegal) it would be easy enough to make a file version patcher .exe to modify all stock titanium files to what they need to be in one simple step. Something like that can modify the spell file, host file, eqgame.exe etc as needed. Typically it could also encompass changing files that have been modified to play on other emu servers as well, however it wouldn't be practical without an entire archive of old spell file versions etc. that said emu server released that might be lurking in someone's eq folder.

Again, it comes down to people trusting to run something like that, though. If a one-click-fix .exe to mod the stock titanium install to play on VZTZ L&L was something people wanted I'd gladly provide.

Naikon
07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I regret not having limited time custom events in the last days of vztz. Always heard they were a good mix of pvp and pve. Maybe even gave devs something they liked to do.

Secrets
07-14-2011, 04:49 PM

I am tempted to make all 30+ indoors zones full PVP for this very reason. Maybe only the cramped areas.

Secrets
07-14-2011, 04:53 PM
It's been around 10-30 the last couple days, with some of that being two boxing. The population is definitely hurting, but I think it will make a comeback, slowly but surely.

One of the things that "hurts" the population is that it uses a custom login server because it uses a modified eqgame.exe. So curious users don't have the option of just clicking play from the server list and giving it a shot. But really, in the long run I think it will help the server because it gives Image much more control on monitoring hacks. Nostalgia all you want but people will get tired of MQ2 users.

Personally, I think the best option would be to put it on both loginservers like PEQ does. I don't think image trusts Rogean with his playerbase, thus, he's on another loginserver. A majority of people do trust him (p1999, ez, peq, thf, funhouse, storm haven) and a majority of people will play just due to seeing it on the list. I guarantee you'd have more people playing on K&B if it was on Rogean's list instead of their own login, not because one is better than the other, but because one is more popular and more accessed than the other.

As for the eqgame checks... that's at the worldserver level, not the loginserver level... store CRC32 and freeze people who dont have it past level x, simple solution imo.

Buhbuh
07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I regret not having limited time custom events in the last days of vztz. Always heard they were a good mix of pvp and pve. Maybe even gave devs something they liked to do.

Yeah, things like raid encounters were interesting additions to classic EQ. Rile was all around fun.

Knuckle
07-14-2011, 06:09 PM
r!l3 3v3nt was l337 for sure

juicedsixfo
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Personally, I think the best option would be to put it on both loginservers like PEQ does. I don't think image trusts Rogean with his playerbase, thus, he's on another loginserver. A majority of people do trust him (p1999, ez, peq, thf, funhouse, storm haven) and a majority of people will play just due to seeing it on the list. I guarantee you'd have more people playing on K&B if it was on Rogean's list instead of their own login, not because one is better than the other, but because one is more popular and more accessed than the other.

As for the eqgame checks... that's at the worldserver level, not the loginserver level... store CRC32 and freeze people who dont have it past level x, simple solution imo.

Funny we were talking about this because it is now (literally from the last hour or so) also on the EQEmu Official LS, but still requires the patch.

So there's now two ways to log in: you can still log on through eqpvp log in, or your eqemu log in, but obviously characters are tied to their respective accounts. For anyone interested (at some time) make sure to make a copy of your eqgame.exe and keep it somewhere for when you want to overwrite it.

JayDee
07-14-2011, 07:36 PM
K & B is dead, sorry to inform you

JayDee
07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
You can take solace, however, in the fact that this new VZTZ will probably meet the same fate within a month or two

Bardalicious
07-14-2011, 08:01 PM
You can take solace, however, in the fact that this new VZTZ will probably meet the same fate within a month or two

I've always been curious as to why you're so negative towards the PVP community. Who shit in your cornflakes bro?

fiegi
07-14-2011, 08:08 PM
I've always been curious as to why you're so negative towards the PVP community. Who shit in your cornflakes bro?

Sirken I believe was the one that banned him for having a dirty whistle

JayDee
07-14-2011, 08:12 PM

I'm a realist *****

P.S. been participating in eq pvp longer than practically everyone here

Krimsin
07-14-2011, 09:57 PM

The people who like classic like it because they know the exploits and advantages. They don't want to learn something new, they just want to basement dwell for 20+ hours then lulz for a day or so killing newbs and be done.

AG's original layout was very nice, it just bombed due to lack of endgame content, and a few balance issues (non-dark druids/rangers/pala's), cross faction, and some bullshit with the combat system.

If tarwine had tossed 2 or 3 sweet "boss" style mobs (2.5 group, summoning), and placed them strategically it would have been a really fun experience.

Secrets
07-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Funny we were talking about this because it is now (literally from the last hour or so) also on the EQEmu Official LS, but still requires the patch.

So there's now two ways to log in: you can still log on through eqpvp log in, or your eqemu log in, but obviously characters are tied to their respective accounts. For anyone interested (at some time) make sure to make a copy of your eqgame.exe and keep it somewhere for when you want to overwrite it.

The problem is with that is again, there's no instructions telling you to get on K&B's website to download the client. People (ie; mindless zombie players that see LOL POPULATION) will try and log in, fail, and either: Look at the website (25% chance), or give up (75% chance)

The easiest way would be to funnel everyone who doesn't have the eqgame into their own zone, or restrict features without the eqgame.

naez
07-14-2011, 10:03 PM
please use the term "derpson" secrets

Secrets
07-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Looks like image is going to allow the unpatched exe for low level combat soon. I wish him the best of luck, and maybe people will trickle into his server that otherwise couldn't.

As for me, well, I am also planning on giving up the anti-cheat idea until I can find a better method of prevention. With that, I am also enabling SoF/SoD/Underfoot clients soonish for usage.

Buhbuh
07-14-2011, 11:40 PM
You pals might think of trying to do a comprehensive poll on what most players are looking for in PvP before actually putting one out, with like at least 10 different options. I think it's necessary because there can be so many different dynamics on a server, and each player has their own preference. For instance:

Hacking is obviously the only off-limits thing in every case.

1. Teams server, 8-10 level range, coin loot only, GM or player rule set.
2. Teams server, 4 level range, item loot/ coin, no rules.
3. Teams server, 8-10 level range, item loot/ coin, GM or player rule set
4. Teams server (Deity based), no level range, coin only, no rules (Sullon Zek)
5. FFA, 8-10 level range, item/ coin loot, GM or player rule set.
6. FFA, no level range, coin loot only, no rule set
7. FFA (Rallos Zek style, i.e. 4 level range, coin/ item loot)
8. Guild battles, 8-10 level range, coin only, no rules
9. Guild battles, no level range, coin only, GM or player ruleset
10. FFA, 8-10 level range, coin loot only, no rules

There's so many different ways of dealing with it. #10 is more my style, I think. I'm not really interested in fucking with people lower than that in level range-- as we found, it ultimately hurts the server when people go out of their way to grief other people who are just beginning (sometimes they're entirely new to EQ) and clearly stand no chance. Although, I do like the idea of raid zones being different in that case, like a +/- 20 level range sort of thing. That sort of thing could easily be exploited in SolB for lowbies who are looking to level there, though.

Haul
07-15-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm only level 26 on a SK with a tentacle whip(4/26), small wooden shield, and some cloth armor. But I will proceed to rape face.

If I was playing I could farm you a Dark Reaver with my enchanter lol.

Knuckle
07-15-2011, 12:55 AM
If I was playing I could farm you a Dark Reaver with my enchanter lol.

sporali defender blade, cracked darkwood shield, grotesque mask, im baller status now.

Tillan
07-15-2011, 01:55 AM
sporali blade needs to be removed.

juicedsixfo
07-15-2011, 01:37 PM
The problem is with that is again, there's no instructions telling you to get on K&B's website to download the client. People (ie; mindless zombie players that see LOL POPULATION) will try and log in, fail, and either: Look at the website (25% chance), or give up (75% chance)

The easiest way would be to funnel everyone who doesn't have the eqgame into their own zone, or restrict features without the eqgame.

Well you ended up responding to your own post, but you don't need to patch until level 40.

fiegi
07-15-2011, 01:58 PM
face it kings and bandits is a ghost town and will be as long as this server is still going strong, and by the looks of the recent patches and changes, that may be for a good while.

Macken
07-15-2011, 02:03 PM
does new server have a leaderboard?

Knuckle
07-15-2011, 02:15 PM
does new server have a leaderboard?

yeah but everytime i type in #leaderboard it just shows
1. Macken

juicedsixfo
07-15-2011, 02:50 PM
face it kings and bandits is a ghost town and will be as long as this server is still going strong, and by the looks of the recent patches and changes, that may be for a good while.

There's nothing to face homeboy I was just following up with Secrets.

Nirgon
07-15-2011, 02:51 PM

Here's a "custom" element for you and a good one. These are kinds of this that can "leave your mark" on the server. Having an AA that allows warriors to dual wield 2 handers (even at nerfed damage %) is not.

Plenty of custom "fixes" / "things" you can add like a leader board, yellow text live log on a web page etc. Just don't put in a bunch of goofy shit and you're straight.

- And again, the corpse summoner with a 30 minute timer. I think it's brilliant.

Another good idea but somewhat removes the risk from training deep dungeons/raids....

- exe that does all the "work" for players interested in playing

Best idea, something you can take credit for.

Next and last you need all of the p99 fixes in the game from the base code. How you manage all of that is up to you and social networking/giving credit where credit is due etc. I'd even try and get into your "overhaul" exe the classic UI files/char skins to non-luclin. That right there'd grab people pretty hard. Keep in things like DE mask/manastone. Best of all of you can do Kunark and Velious flawlessly with epics and rings events and all... I think that's a definite first for you to claim. Your claims to fame or "signature" to the game don't have to be custom and classic-defying elements. You can just get things working that people haven't been able to so far and make it a pvp server. That right there makes it pretty unique and definitely something a playerbase will praise you for doing.

After you get all this stuff tested/ready, that's when I'd slap the classic xp on it and do a wipe- when it has a chance for a bigger draw.

naez
07-15-2011, 03:11 PM
1. Macken

sweet high score did i break it

Macken
07-15-2011, 10:50 PM
1. Macken

Working as intended.

Haul
07-16-2011, 12:06 AM
sporali defender blade, cracked darkwood shield, grotesque mask, im baller status now.

niice bro