PDA

View Full Version : If you get stuck at logging in: Stop Microsoft Windows Delivery Delivery Optimization

Gugg
09-27-2023, 08:07 PM
Delivery Optimization is Micro$oft's automated peer-to-peer distribution system used to upload/download data from/to your computer (without your consent) leaving you no bandwidth left to log-in with.

Bring up the task manager, sort it by network activity, and look for Delivery Optimization and stop it.

Duik
09-27-2023, 10:09 PM
Read that on reddit? Sounds like some kind of conspiracy. As if microshaft would do something sneaky like that.

Gugg
09-27-2023, 11:33 PM
Read that on reddit? Sounds like some kind of conspiracy. As if microshaft would do something sneaky like that.

No I didn't read it on reddit. Sometimes I couldn't log in for days so I checked the process list and saw something called Delivery Optimization taking up bandwidth. I killed it, and I could log in. It's like downloading/uploading a torrent at max speed while trying to log-in. I thought it might be of use to some players who can't log in or get lag out of nowhere.

I've had to switch to a Windows 10 laptop because I damaged my Windows 7 laptop so I didn't know about it till I looked. Windows 7 doesn't have stuff like that.

Gugg
09-27-2023, 11:38 PM
Maybe I'm doing more harm than good by posting this information?

Instead of letting people work it out for themselves...?

Quineloe
10-01-2023, 11:48 AM
Got a screenshot of that thing in your task manager actually doing something?