PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Soloing SSF

eqravenprince
09-22-2023, 12:30 PM
Looking for a high green to solo at level 29. I'm in banded gear, 2 scarab rings, 2 brass earrings, Jambiya and Polished Granite Tomahawk. I'm thinking I may try the gnomes in lesser faydark near steamfont zoneline, level 21/22, I should still get full experience without penalty. But would welcome any other suggestions, especially ones that involve getting loot/coin as I level (poisons are expensive).

Keebz
09-22-2023, 03:10 PM
I feel like there's got to be a guard in HHK for you.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Blayle maybe?

I'd try working an HHK guard spawn in at some point just for the plat/convenience factor.

eqravenprince
09-22-2023, 04:00 PM
I feel like there's got to be a guard in HHK for you.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Blayle maybe?

I'd try working an HHK guard spawn in at some point just for the plat/convenience factor.

I agree, I have been tempted to try. Not sure how high the risk factor is for Blayle with Lancel nearby and Bicker who roams through and a Bard just outside who I am kos to and 2 guards to get through if I needed to zone.

Evia
09-22-2023, 05:33 PM
I agree, I have been tempted to try. Not sure how high the risk factor is for Blayle with Lancel nearby and Bicker who roams through and a Bard just outside who I am kos to and 2 guards to get through if I needed to zone.

if you're not kos to the bard in HHK near the HP zl, you can tag Bayle and pull him around the wall and kill him while avoiding the other guards.
He's also a real quick respawn too. idr how long? but i wanna say under 6min.

EDIT: just caught the part where you say you're kos to the bard. yeahhh the only other option is to fight him where he is and hope you dont get pathed on.
might be too risky.

Keebz
09-22-2023, 06:57 PM
I've never done Paineel guards, but maybe there's something less sketch there. You could also try fixing your bard faction somehow.

zelld52
09-22-2023, 10:40 PM
if you're not kos to the bard in HHK near the HP zl, you can tag Bayle and pull him around the wall and kill him while avoiding the other guards.
He's also a real quick respawn too. idr how long? but i wanna say under 6min.

EDIT: just caught the part where you say you're kos to the bard. yeahhh the only other option is to fight him where he is and hope you dont get pathed on.
might be too risky.

Yah Blayle is 2 mins

Snaggles
09-23-2023, 01:54 PM
If you don’t care about the faction and aren’t kos to guards go kill Osargen until mid/high 20’s. I personally think guard hunting sub like 25 is dodgy. So many reds. Wait until you are a bit tougher before declaring war with Carson’s flunkies. You could prob take him to like 30 before greening. Then I’d do Chopin to around 35.

eqravenprince
09-24-2023, 01:24 AM
Ended up doing the skeletons in Najena, surprisingly easy. Halfway through 30 now.

Toxigen
09-27-2023, 12:55 PM
this sounds like torture

Infectious
09-27-2023, 01:48 PM
this sounds like torture

This guy makes it through 59 solo on a rogue, we need to have some type of memorial for him in his home city.

eqravenprince
09-28-2023, 10:45 AM
Finished up Skeletons in Najena and dinged 31 where they no longer were viable experience. Chanda Miller in Qeynos Hills is now my main target, halfway through 33 now. We'll see how far she can take me before experience gets a penalty.

eqravenprince
10-06-2023, 11:19 AM
36 now... millers are no longer viable with the experience penalty at 36. Any suggestions for easy camps?

Evia
10-29-2023, 04:54 PM
36 now... millers are no longer viable with the experience penalty at 36. Any suggestions for easy camps?

Highkeep Guards are good until 38/39 and will be quite easy at 36. Try for top floor + the floor right below it at least.

eqravenprince
10-30-2023, 04:28 PM
Made level 43, currently soloing level 31 Vhalen Nostrolo in South Karana, making 1-2% each kill. But at 44, he will suffer a big exp penalty. Any static level 32 mobs out there?

caveslug
10-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Made level 43, currently soloing level 31 Vhalen Nostrolo in South Karana, making 1-2% each kill. But at 44, he will suffer a big exp penalty. Any static level 32 mobs out there?

I would say check out Barthorn on youtube, but I think his SSF Rogue is lvl 43 too.
He's done SSF Cleric and warrior, maybe check those video's.

eqravenprince
11-06-2023, 11:07 AM
I would say check out Barthorn on youtube, but I think his SSF Rogue is lvl 43 too.
He's done SSF Cleric and warrior, maybe check those video's.

This was helpful, thanks! Made level 45. His guide recommended Sarnak Berserkers in Overthere which is exactly what I did. It's a bit slower cause a Sarnak Knight spawns sometimes which I cannot kill reliably, so I would just run them to the guards. Also, only a 40% chance the Berserkers spawn as 32 or 33 which will give full exp, otherwise massive exp penalty. The braid turn in however was 3-4% experience which was nice. Plus I'll get the OT Hammer out of it.

Old_PVP
12-09-2023, 02:54 PM
The factionless guide to level 50:

1 - 5 = newb yard
5 - 15 = north ro - giant scarabs, tarantulas etc.
15 - 20 = oasis - crocs
20 - 24 = east karana - crag spiders
24 - 31 = najena - 4 "skeleton" rotation - the ones for ghoulbane quest.
31 - 36 = west commonlands - jahsohn aksot - 6 min timer, mage epic dude without a pet.
36 - 42 = najena - akksstaff - mage epic dude without a pet. 18 min timer though. good AFK spot.
42 - 52 = lake rathetear - rykas - mage epic dude without a pet. 6 min timer.

The good thing about these mage epic npcs is they give no faction hits. They are weak casters without a pet. Once they start casting, you flip around and backstab.