PDA

View Full Version : Crash 100% of time after server select

Petryc
09-22-2023, 11:55 AM
I'm a new user trying to get p99 working for the first time. I have everything installed, and I have my accounts created. I am able to get to the server select screen and select the p99 servers, but as soon as I click to connect, it switches to the loading screen (with welcome to project 1999 displayed) very briefly and then I get a crash every time, with the message that Everquest has detected that my client may have crashed.

I've got things set to run in compatability mode for XP SP2, and I've tried setting eqclient.ini to every resolution I can think of between 800x600 and my native monitor resolution of 2560x1440, and I get this crash every time.

Any suggestions for other fixes to this? If it matters, I'm running Windows 10, on an i7 6700k @4.0 GHz, with 16 GB RAM, and an NVidia GTX1080 GPU. I've got everything installed on the same SSD as my operating system.

mcoy
09-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Check connectivity - use your cell hotspot or use a vpn or something.

-Mcoy

Petryc
09-22-2023, 06:55 PM
It didn't seem to be a connectivity issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled Titanium and the latest p99 patches, and suddenly I'm able to connect just fine, so I'm not sure what the issue was but this fixed it.

Khaleesi
10-02-2023, 09:11 AM
It didn't seem to be a connectivity issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled Titanium and the latest p99 patches, and suddenly I'm able to connect just fine, so I'm not sure what the issue was but this fixed it.

I've run into this on Windows 11 - you load game, sign in with account
Server select appears, choose server and try to join
Moments later returned back to main original menu screen

Removed EQclient file, let it generate a new one, no change
Have not been able to figure it out