PDA

View Full Version : VZTZ IP exemptions whine thread

Doktoor
07-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Secrets said last night till blue in the face that there was no time for IP exemptions, at least ATM. I just want to clarify what the stance and plan is.

My RL friend plays with his 3 sons and wont play unless they all play together, so our crew is kinda SOL unless IP exemptions happens.

Is is possible they're going to happen? Is there a timeline if so?

keto
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
I don't trust anyone who asks for an IP exemption to not 2 or 3 box by the end of the week. Always happens.

Aerist
07-11-2011, 02:51 PM
rip roadblock crew

Doktoor
07-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Although there's people who 2-Box very well, it's impossible to 2-Box in Pvp without it being obvious that the person is 2-boxing.

IMO, the population's low enough that its not going to take a lot of GM time checking a few IP exempt folks. All you have to do is pop in on them and have ask them to type stuff in /say at the same time or observe PvP or observe movement.

Gnar
07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
rip roadblock crew

lolol

Ennoia
07-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Although there's people who 2-Box very well, it's impossible to 2-Box in Pvp without it being obvious that the person is 2-boxing.

IMO, the population's low enough that its not going to take a lot of GM time checking a few IP exempt folks. All you have to do is pop in on them and have ask them to type stuff in /say at the same time or observe PvP or observe movement.

No GM would ever use 'typing at the same time' to prove someone is/isn't boxing. Aside from seeing it and going off a gut instinct that it is happening (which could still be wrong), the only surefire way is to check logs, and that takes a decent chunk of time, as the people who have access to those logs do other things for the game.

Doktoor
07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
No GM would ever use 'typing at the same time' to prove someone is/isn't boxing. Aside from seeing it and going off a gut instinct that it is happening (which could still be wrong), the only surefire way is to check logs, and that takes a decent chunk of time, as the people who have access to those logs do other things for the game.

Funny, since when we were exping in Splitpaw on 2.0, a GM came and made us all hold conversations at once to make sure we werent being played by one person since there were 6 people there and he had an IP exemption.

But anyways, I listed 3 things. I think the most obvious way to see if someone is boxing is to see them moving (especially through a dungeon) or PvPing which is what else I listed.

Anyways, a server with 60 people on it at peak hours on opening night shouldn't want to lose 5 people on it.

Doktoor
07-11-2011, 09:26 PM
EDIT: P1999 catches its 2boxers who just log on for a port...it cant be that difficult on a server with a 10th the population.

Harrison
07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
This community is totally trustworthy. I say give them out to exploi...I mean play together.

Buhbuh
07-11-2011, 11:37 PM
You filthy deadbeats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCFDjIOwSVM&feature=related

Tiggles
07-11-2011, 11:55 PM
I bet one kid plays a shaman and the other kid plays a cleric and the lasr kid a chanter and they only enjoy leveling to 50 then sitting in a safe zone buffing someone while not talking.

Rushmore
07-14-2011, 12:27 PM
My vote is no two boxing.