PDA

View Full Version : Blues community vs Green

Kovouau
08-25-2023, 08:07 PM
Hi guys, so I am new to P99 but have been playing eq since 2001's luclin release.

I came to P99 as i have slowly been replaying some older games.
I had read decent things about the community here, and after reading tried starting up on green.

Now when i played originally, people were mature and respected things called "camps", or at the very least. respected the fact that your arse was there killing and didnt just swoop through and clear everything out because the can/wanted to.

I find this "runescape" style behaviour to be very off-putting and so am scrapping my attempt on green.

Hoping someone can save me some time and answer this for me
Is blue's community any truer to the 1999 experience? or just more runescape style behaviour?

Solist
08-26-2023, 07:41 AM
They’re both the same.

Why they don’t merge them is probably purely up to the manpower of manually renaming thousands of toons who request it when Legolasxx and now Legolasxxx are on the same server.

silo32
08-27-2023, 01:56 PM
Blue is 14 year's old green is on year three

Blue is a pixel museum
Green is still fresh
Try red

Swish
08-27-2023, 03:50 PM
Blue is 14 year's old green is on year three

Blue is a pixel museum
Green is still fresh
Try red

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/leonardo-dicaprio-point-900x506.png

Videri
08-27-2023, 04:10 PM
OP, there are camp rules. Please see https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
You can report people using “/petition blablabla.” Don’t use %T in a petition - it doesn’t work - type out the name.

Evia
08-28-2023, 10:36 AM
While I haven't played on Green since it's launch, I've been on Blue since 2011 and most everyone respects camp rules. Sure, you'll have a dispute here or there, but as a general rule ppl are good about it. Tbh I bet Green is the same way you just ran into a douche.

Since you're new and you said you started in Luclin, Check out Project Quarm launching Oct 1. There is a thread in Off Topic about it.

Also I never played runescape so I missed the reference

eqravenprince
08-28-2023, 12:34 PM
Assholes are everywhere. They are on green, they are on blue, there were on the live servers back in the day, they are on every single game. Flip side is true, good people are everywhere too. Also, what camp were you doing?

Seducio
08-28-2023, 05:58 PM
Assholes are everywhere. They are on green, they are on blue, there were on the live servers back in the day, they are on every single game. Flip side is true, good people are everywhere too. Also, what camp were you doing?

Except Teal?

loramin
08-28-2023, 07:37 PM
Except Teal?

Even Teal had assholes :(

It just had a whole lot less of them than any other server, because most of the "competitor" types stayed on Green ... and assholes are disproportionately represented in that group of players.

Arvan
08-28-2023, 10:07 PM
Even Teal had assholes :(

It just had a whole lot less of them than any other server, because most of the "competitor" types stayed on Green ... and assholes are disproportionately represented in that group of players.

You shut your mouth Teal was perfect sir

zelld52
08-29-2023, 11:57 AM
Both servers are the same by now. Green had it's heyday, but it's passed.

Green was awesome from when I started (June 2021) until early this year. Last year, there was a huge surge of new players. (I think from TLP or something) But they've all levelled, and are now on their alts.

There used to be surges of new players every few weeks. The few months before Velious were pretty great, because all the top-tier guilds were rolling alts to keep from boredom. Was pretty common to see a raider alt carrying a group in Splitpaw, etc.

Nowadays, it's different. The majority of players that are left have 60s. The majority of those have more than one. The ones who keep logging in, are really only interested in raiding. Or small groups with their guildies.

Either way, it's to be expected. We've reached the end of the content release on p99 Green, just as Blue. It's just a bunch of people trading twink gear for their alts number 5-10 now.