PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Feature/Alarm Window/Alarm Popup

Corvida
08-19-2023, 05:04 PM
Hi, I know this has been brought up in at least two different threads previously, but they date to 2012 and 2019 - not to mention the solutions they provide are not accurate at this time.

So, I've been trying to figure out how to reset the in-game alarm/timer feature after it's gone off the first time, or if I accidentally cancel it and then realise that I wanted to use it after all.

It is not a changeable option in the UI via the Alt+O menu, but it is listed in the eqclient.ini file, as mentioned by @Terak in the comments for the 2019 post about this:

[ You have to open your eqclient.ini and modify this line: ]
[.................................................. ........................... ]
[ ShowAlarmWindow=false............................. ................]
[.................................................. ........................... ]
[ Change false to true and save. Load up EQ." ................. ]

Unfortunately for me, that value is *already* set to "true", and everything I try to enter as a command, in-game, gives me a "wtf... that's not a thing" error mssg.

Anybody have any ideas?

mcoy
08-22-2023, 08:02 PM
Make sure you're editing the right file - if you have eq installed under program files and don't run as admin, your eqclient.ini file will be in your user\appdata folder.

-Mcoy