PDA

View Full Version : After login, screen black, as if stuck loading.

Saamir
07-29-2023, 06:54 PM
I'm not good with computers, but I do know I have a new rig, and I'm not sure why the screen after login is black, basically stuck loading. The thing is, p99 plays on an old laptop from four years ago just fine, so I know it's not the discs.

Any tips?

joppykid
07-29-2023, 07:11 PM
I'm not good with computers, but I do know I have a new rig, and I'm not sure why the screen after login is black, basically stuck loading. The thing is, p99 plays on an old laptop from four years ago just fine, so I know it's not the discs.

Any tips?

Try running in compatability mode as an older OS like Win 7 or XP. I had the same issue just today until I switched that.

mcoy
07-30-2023, 06:40 AM
Delete/rename your eqclient.ini file so it generates a new one.

Also, you may want to look into dgvoodoo2 once you get in-game, depending on your gfx card.

-Mcoy

Saamir
07-30-2023, 08:01 AM
Try running in compatability mode as an older OS like Win 7 or XP. I had the same issue just today until I switched that.

tried them all, nothing

Saamir
07-30-2023, 09:06 AM

issue is closed/resolved. ty

ragontx
08-02-2023, 08:47 PM
I also needed help with this issue thanks

Deathrydar
08-03-2023, 07:41 AM
I also needed help with this issue thanks

Did you try the fix that helped the original poster? Running the executable in Windows XP Compatibility mode?