PDA

View Full Version : Selling your toons

vinx
07-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Lookin for information on toon sales..
I mean, you sell X character for X amount of plat and give X characters account info to buyer, but then what? is that the end of it?

what about the other 2 EQemu accounts associated with the account? I assume they are still playable by the original owner right? since your not sellin your EQemu account only the LS account info for character X?
and if so, what about the purchaser? can they change the LS info you just sold them without knowing your eqemu account info? or hows this all work?

Im just wonderin how all this works and whats involved...
(woulda asked bob for info but hes on summer vaca it seems)

greatdane
07-08-2011, 11:18 PM
The buyer will typically want your eqemu forum account as well so that you can't just reset the password after he buys it. That makes it pretty futile to keep the other accounts that are linked to the one you're selling.

Normally, what you do is find a buyer and an escrow. You can do it without an escrow, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you know and trust the buyer well enough to basically let them hold 50k (or however much) for you. The buyer then hands the money to the escrow, you give the account names and passwords to the buyer, they verify to the escrow that it's legit, and the escrow gives you the money. If the buyer backs out, they get the money back and you can immediately reset the LS and eqemu passwords so the guy doesn't try and steal your shit.

For escrow services, look for the established ones like the Trade Federation guys or Bob, if he's still around. If you can't find one and kinda want it handled quickly, try ask the leader or a well-known officer of a big guild as the're pretty unlikely to swindle someone for what would probably be a minor sum to them. I really recommend getting a vouched escrow, though.

ElanoraBryght
07-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Very few people will buy an account without the eqemu info, since there is nothing stopping the original owner from taking their account back via password reset at will.

And if you give the buyer your eqemu info, you're likely going to end up with the buyer taking away your eqemu account and all 3 ls accounts via that same password / email reset.

It's pretty much an all or nothing.

Popt
07-09-2011, 05:15 AM
I thought there was no way to reset your Login Server password, even if you have the eqemu forum account

Lyssia
07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
paranoia. It is impossible to recover or change a LS password without knowing the current password.

Sell account, allow access to eqemu for LS password change and then change emu info password. Rest of toons on emu account are safe and the buyer is assured there is no possible way to change that password from the original owner as it is impossible to do.