PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: 10 dose alchemy bags

Harazzer
10-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Hello, there is an issue with 10 dose potion bags. 10 dose bags always had to be tailored which is no big deal. At some point(kunark?) the item was changed to "reinforced medicine bag" however prior to that at release it was called bearskin potion bag. The recipe for Bearskin bags comes up on a tailoring kit however one ingredient is a "grizzly bear skin" which dont seem to drop (correct me if I'm wrong). However, the item that is used to make the Reinforced bag does drop (Thick Grizzly Bear Skin). Attempting the combine with the thick skin doesnt work.

Tananthalas
10-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Grizzly bear skin I have had drop in West Karana. I sold the one I had drop to the merchant next to Chesgard in Qeynos. Chesgard is the hand in NPC for bandit sashes. If the server hasn't been reset, please go grab it.

Wenai
10-30-2009, 06:22 AM
I have also got Grizzly bear skins.

Harazzer
10-30-2009, 07:45 PM
OK well apparently the skins drop but the combine doesn't work.

nilbog
10-31-2009, 01:46 PM
? I just tried this to make sure.

In a large sewing kit, I combined

-Grizzly Bear Skin
-Silk Cord

the result was.. bearskin potion bag.

http://www.lokari.net/everquest/tailoring.html

http://heroesofthelance.com/skills/general_tailoring1.htm

http://tribunal.freehosting.net/tailoringrecipie.html

bopice
10-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Sweet!

I'm counting on the wife to make potions for me hehe = )

I'm glad the bags for combine are able to be made. I was worried.

Thanks Nilbog !!!!! and thanks for the server! sooo awesome.

Khaleel
11-01-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't think Thick Grizzly Bear Skins shouldn't be dropping in classic; they were added iirc during the massive tradeskill patch in May 2002 ( http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020508.html ), and comments / dates of confusion about why Grizzly Bear Skins weren't dropping on mobs they used to drop on seem to corroborate this ( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3240 )

Wenai
02-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Bump in the name of classicness.

Helnam
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah the grizzly bear skin drops in qeynos hills mang.

postmoderntease0
04-18-2010, 10:37 PM
So basically, Thick Grizzly Bear Skins are vendor trash? Or is there some plan to add them in to be used in Reinforced Medicine Bags? Or perhaps some way to change the Thick Grizzly Bear Skins so that they work for the bearskin potion bag?

nilbog
04-28-2010, 01:25 AM
So basically, Thick Grizzly Bear Skins are vendor trash? Or is there some plan to add them in to be used in Reinforced Medicine Bags? Or perhaps some way to change the Thick Grizzly Bear Skins so that they work for the bearskin potion bag?

There are no plans to use the Thick Grizzly Bear Skin. Should they be removed completely?

Wenai
04-28-2010, 08:56 AM
There are no plans to use the Thick Grizzly Bear Skin. Should they be removed completely?
They are for the Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap or whatever (the port cap). Pretty sure you added those manually a few months ago.

94Haley
12-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Just found this thread, hope its not too old. The Thick skins are not used for anything. The Reg Grizzly skins are used for both the bags and the Leatherfoot quest. Would be nice to see more reg grizzly skins or hq pelts instead of the thick ones. :)

eriamjh
12-10-2010, 01:23 PM
They are for the Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap or whatever (the port cap). Pretty sure you added those manually a few months ago.

Lol this issue again.. "Grizzly Bear Skin" is used for the port cap. It's widely reported both Thick and not, but we went with the non-thick version here.

Thick is worthless as far as I know, just replacing it with the non-Thick would seem most classic. "Grizzly Bear Skin" seemed pretty common in classic and I do recall getting them + a pelt of quality on and off..

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=165454&highlight=Thick+Grizzly+Bear+Skin

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18981&highlight=Thick+Grizzly+Bear+Skin

guineapig
02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I'll go ahead and bump this as I have 2 full bags full of Thick Grizzly Bear Skins and never seem to have luck getting a regular grizzly bear skins.

But if they are not going to get replaced then I would like to know so I can just free up the space in my bank.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
lol, and the thread goes on... and the thread goes on.

eriamjh
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Please make it:

Table 1, 1 drop, Grizzly Bear Skin
Table 2, 1 drop, LQ/MQ/HQ Bear Skin
Table 3, 2 drops, Chunk of Meat / Bear Meat (right?)

There were no Thick skins in classic and Grizzly Bear Skin was actually quite common.. (about as common as Thick is now?)

guineapig
02-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Only played for about a half hour yesterday bust still managed to get 2 "thick grizzly bear skins" and zero "grizzly bear skins".

guineapig
02-15-2011, 09:09 AM
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.html?searchtext=grizzly+bear+skin

If you compare the 2 items you will notice that the Grizzly Bear skin has a noticably older Allah id and database id than the thick grizzly bear skin.

You will also notice that the thick grizzly bear skin also drops off of all sorts of non-classic mobs in later expansion where as the regular grizzly bear skin only drops in old world zones.

I realize this is all circumstantial evidence but it's a start.

-----------------------------------

Also, see this post:
RE: Bearskin Potion Combining Bag
Posted: 2002-09-19 08:38:48 | Quote | Reply to Post
Cliana
Send PM Add to FriendsAdd to ContactsIgnore

72 posts
Score: Good
While the Grizzly Bear Skin recipe existed long before Thick Grizz skins did, with the May 8th, 2002 mega-tradeskill patch, the recipe changed by one word. For the Bearskin Potion Bag, you need a Thick Grizzly Bear Skin. Don't argue, just go to www.eqtraders.com and see for yourself.

Seems as though thick grizzly bear skins were added in 2002. Any chance we can have them changed to regular grizzly bear skins now?

guineapig
03-02-2011, 04:10 PM
BUMP! Any plans to remove the thick Grizzly Bear skins from the loot tables?
(And possibly changing the existing ones to something useful like regular grizzly bear skins?)

Uthgaard
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Removing them from the table wouldn't necessarily mean we'd make the other kind more common, and existing thick can't be turned into regular.

guineapig
03-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh, I was under the impression that they are on the same rarity slot or something to that effect. But we are definitely missing out on something when a thick grizzly bear skin drops, correct?

As far as changing the existing ones goes, I figured...(but I had to try =P). At least I know it's safe to sell my stockpile now.

Grizlor
03-13-2011, 11:47 AM
I played until 2005 and I don't remember it ever being called Reinforced Medicine Bag. I also remember having the collapsible one at one point and it was called "collapsible bearskin potion bag."

If you're looking for grizzly skins, kill bears in Rathe Mountains up by the unkempt druids. There are tons of bears and they respawn quickly, way better than the karanas.

Edit: and no, Thick skins seem to drop in addition to other skins, and they are just vendor fodder. I've never seen a bear drop more than one Grizzly Pelt or Ruined/LQ/MQ/HQ pelt, but I've seen them drop a Grizzly/Ruined/LQ/MQ/HQ pelt in addition to a thick grizzly bear skin plenty of times.

If you still need your bag, I have a bunch of grizzly pelts in the bank and can try to make you one, though my tailoring is only in the low 50s (I got kind of lucky making my own)

Knightmare
03-14-2011, 11:46 AM
If you're looking for grizzly skins, kill bears in Rathe Mountains up by the unkempt druids. There are tons of bears and they respawn quickly, way better than the karanas

Exactly true. And the 'Grizzly Bear Skin' is not exactly all that rare. If you go kill every Grizzly by the Unkempt Druids you'll get roughly 1 Grizzly Skin every 10-20 kills (on average). You'll also come away with 1 or 2 HQ skins as well.

And if you have a high lvl druid that can sow/regen/thorns and PBAoE 'em all.. well.. then you'll be in the money and have loads of skins in no time :D

guineapig
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
BUMP.

I'm still finding thick grizzly bear skins in just about every zone that has bears. If it''s not taking up the spot that would be a regular grizzly bear skin it's taking up a slot for random research pages or something at the very least.