PDA

View Full Version : Been gone a while : new titanium install, passwords recovered, no servers showing up?

EmperorCrush
06-30-2023, 06:02 PM
Ok so I'm troubleshooting here and think my brain is just fried so hoping for some help

Clean titanium install

Couldnt login... did the password recovery things.. led me to eqemu, forgot login was different from p99 website to the game client..

Eqemu says to update the eqhost file to

[LoginServer]
#Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999
Host=login.projecteq.net:5999

When I do that, i can login with my eqemu info, but there's no servers shown...

What are y'all using for eqhost, is it that one? If i use the eqhost from the p99Files57

it has login server as
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

The eqemu is from a 2021 post, and the boxed file from p99 website is from 2019 it looks like, so I'm guessing the 5999 is more current? I mean I feel like I'm getting warmer, since I can atleast login now... but logging in and seeing no servers... I'm at a wall... All I'm seeing in forums are like "have you tried restarting your router" which doesn't seem really relevant :p

Any help would be super appreciated! TIA

EmperorCrush
07-01-2023, 11:25 PM
Also, not sure if it's a password issue... tried all my normal ones... the 5999 one seems to let any combo of login and password in... just no server list.. so thinking that's not valid... so going back to to the eqhost text file from the p99 website (with 5998), but none of my login / passwords work there... and there doesn't seem to be a working password reset anywhere?

again... halp plz :/

reverent
07-04-2023, 06:26 PM
When this has happened to me it was because either outgoing UDP traffic was being blocked by the firewall at my hotel, the layer 7 NG firewall I was using at home was messing with the packets and I had to make a bypass rule, or because the CGNAT of my mobile ISP was not playing nice. Using a VPN let me work around the hotel and CGNAT issues.

if you can get Wireshark to run, you can check what is going on, but I believe they monitor for that and the client crashes when launched (this was a couple of years ago, YMMV)