PDA

View Full Version : Fashion choice iksar monk helmet

sajbert
06-30-2023, 05:57 PM
Got a twinked out iksar monk at level 25 currently. I have no idea why but I can't stand Circlet of Valloon and the bone helmet on the Iksar. The light source is annoying too.

Crown of King Tranix has a little less AC but better MR, but also weighs 0.4 more! ;(

What are my options outside of really expensive MQs? Netted Kelp? Crown of the Froglok kings (assuming no bone graphics)?

Jimjam
06-30-2023, 06:08 PM
Boy or girl?

Tnair
06-30-2023, 06:52 PM
Whirling Gem from Gorge of King Xorbb (this is a joke because i legit wore one for rogue fashion on live for many levels)

sajbert
06-30-2023, 06:55 PM
Boy or girl?

it's a baby iksar boy

DeathsSilkyMist
06-30-2023, 07:24 PM
Got a twinked out iksar monk at level 25 currently. I have no idea why but I can't stand Circlet of Valloon and the bone helmet on the Iksar. The light source is annoying too.

Crown of King Tranix has a little less AC but better MR, but also weighs 0.4 more! ;(

What are my options outside of really expensive MQs? Netted Kelp? Crown of the Froglok kings (assuming no bone graphics)?

I'd just use Tranix crown and have Crown of the Froglok Kings bagged. Both have no graphic. That's what I do. Not going to waste more bag space on a hat with a bit more AC/HP/Whatever.

Don't be overly concerned about weight at low levels, especially when you are twinked. I leveled to 51 a few months ago carrying 40+ stones most of the time lol. This is with Fungi, Seahorse, and IFS. The twinkage is simply going to overpower any negative effects. I was doing like 1 level an hour from 30-40.

Jimjam
07-01-2023, 01:59 AM
Personally I’m not a fan of custom helm on male iksar. Looks like a lump of clay.

Jimjam
07-01-2023, 02:05 AM
Shestar’s scaled coif looks good (the big black iron antlers mask). Little in the way of stats though.

Ennewi
07-01-2023, 03:26 AM
Tranix and Froglok Kings are best bet. Another no graphic option would be...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Dragon_Tooth_Choker

Lacking AC, but it has a decent spread of resists and the clicky effect isn't bad for failed FDs versus casters.

Ripqozko
07-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Has anyone said Falikan? It's not expensive and good MQ

Ripqozko
07-01-2023, 11:54 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Circlet_of_the_Falinkan

Weights like nothing and has 50hp/mr and no graphic

DeathsSilkyMist
07-01-2023, 12:52 PM
Has anyone said Falikan? It's not expensive and good MQ

Yeah that is a good option too. It's just going to take OP longer to acquire. I assume at level 25 they haven't done faction work yet. I imagine the MQ is a bit more involved as well, since all of the items are no drop. You need to get a few people to help you get Drioc's Head.

Ripqozko
07-01-2023, 03:01 PM
Yeah that is a good option too. It's just going to take OP longer to acquire. I assume at level 25 they haven't done faction work yet. I imagine the MQ is a bit more involved as well, since all of the items are no drop. You need to get a few people to help you get Drioc's Head.

Faction takes like a few hours if ya chill in Kael, every guild pulls them. Most MQers will help ya get Drioc.

Edit: drioc pretty much soloable, duo at worst.

DeathsSilkyMist
07-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Faction takes like a few hours if ya chill in Kael, every guild pulls them. Most MQers will help ya get Drioc.

Edit: drioc pretty much soloable, duo at worst.

Oh yeah, not saying it's undoable. Its simply more work than other MQs, and you can just buy Tranix/Froglok from EC. Just depends on OPs laziness.

Im usually too lazy to do circlet MQ hehe.

Pint
07-01-2023, 10:41 PM
helm of rile

spoil
07-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Best Iksar fashion is AoN so you don't like look an Iksar.

sajbert
07-02-2023, 06:48 AM
I like the idea of swapping crowns depending on what I'm up against.

Falinkan IS a good option and I'll consider that later, atm I cba to faction and hassle. Just getting pegi cloak loot rights took a long time.

Crown of Rile, I am considering never keying this character. If I do it I'm just gonna MQ the keys because fudge those camps, honestly.

AoN I actually dislike. In the beginning it's neat but then when the novelty wears off it gets boring, you can't see your gear and the vision sucks (I guess ultravision items help with this though). You have no need for the GCD clicky as a monk.'

Thanks for the good suggestions, folks!

BigPlays
07-04-2023, 11:13 AM
helm of rile

This

Snaggles
07-04-2023, 12:47 PM
IMHO Tranix crown is tough to beat. 20 MR isn’t easy to find on a single slot. Maybe not high end raid pull stuff but 90% the most annoying spells that will land on you when pulling blues is a MR check. Snare, root, blind, slow, hell…gflux even.

fortior
07-06-2023, 01:17 AM
tranix crown is easily the item to wear until you get a city leader's hat

Pint
07-14-2023, 10:51 PM
Crown of Rile, I am considering never keying this character. If I do it I'm just gonna MQ the keys because fudge those camps, honestly.

Helm of rile and crown of rile are different items. Helm of rile is a low tier str head slot with a cool graphic

jolanar
07-30-2023, 08:39 PM
Kobold Jesters Crown is a solid choice. 15AC and 0 weight. 30 CHA is nice for selling. It has no graphic.

Bardp1999
08-18-2023, 10:11 AM
No graphic best monk helm

sammoHung
09-07-2023, 10:07 PM
As others have said no graphic.

Second best is Leather Helm because it's the cool bone helmet. Circlet of Vallon is leather graphic and has good stats for a raider (19ac, +9sv magic, fire, disease?)