PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing

hextasy
06-23-2023, 02:45 AM
So I used the same install for probably 8 years. Recently started getting "Reset failed ()" errors, and couldn't find any way to resolve it... I was using WinEQ2, velious_blue IU... nothing special.

so today I tried a fresh install from CD install. duxaUI install - figure I can't go wrong there with such a large userbase... that's it... totally fresh...
Played for hours, no issue. Suddenly I crashed but to a black screen with the EQemu launcher vs WinEQ2... and i've crashed 3 times since then in the last 120 minutes......so it's almost like it builds up? that doesn't make much sense.

so wtf. Anyone else on win10, nvidia cards noticing more crashing than usual lately? what's going on? is it just me? surely it's not.... maybe it is....

nom_fats
06-23-2023, 03:36 AM
Get used to it. The p99 client and code is incredibly unstable.

hextasy
06-23-2023, 03:41 AM
people say this, but why did I have years of no crashes and suddenly in the last 3 months have tons of crashes?

roguep1999
06-23-2023, 03:22 PM
have you recently upgrade VGA card?

hextasy
06-23-2023, 05:24 PM
6 months ago

spoil
06-23-2023, 09:44 PM
This sounds like the issue I had, I would check out dgvoodoo. I forget all the details, but it's not compatible with winEQ. Since I made the change I have only had the odd crash when zoning.

roguep1999
06-24-2023, 03:54 AM
If you have nvidia 1000 series and above, game will crash randomly ; black screen and game is still working on background, or you got "Reset failed ()" errors.

It has to do with Dynamic lighting and shadows, and I tried to edit eqclient.ini. Crashes reduce but still here. Spoil is right, dgvoodoo2 will elimante your problem.

mcoy
06-24-2023, 09:56 AM
+1 for dgvoodoo2.

-Mcoy

Mieth
06-25-2023, 08:29 AM
are you using any UI stuff that uses the "1 bag" type of inventory/bags ? that will crash you constantly & randomly. Less is more in this instance.

hextasy
06-25-2023, 01:31 PM
are you using any UI stuff that uses the "1 bag" type of inventory/bags ? that will crash you constantly & randomly. Less is more in this instance.

no. just base duxaui. it was even crashing with velius blue before.

at this point I'm running dgVoodoo - we'll see how things go. promising so far!

busted
07-08-2023, 01:01 AM
I have recently noticed an increase in crashes as well. I'm also using duxaui....

When I load into the game it says: "Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use /loadskin Default 1 to load the EverQuest default skin". This message I think has always been there tho... But over the past week or so there is an increase in crashes and freezing while zoning...

Hmmmm

hextasy
07-08-2023, 02:10 PM
Did a fresh install, duxaui and had the same issues.
added dgVoodoo.... no more random crashes *in zone*. I still crash between characters occasionally and sometimes while zoning. However, I feel this is MUCH better than crashing randomly in zone while fighting or trying to zone mobs (especially between OT and skyfire).

I also get the "your XM files are not compatible..." but I've always seen this as well. not worried about it.

Overall I'm much happier. try the dgVoodoo! see if it works for you

dwarzal
07-09-2023, 09:50 AM
Used to crash a ton while loading up the game, and every second or 3rd time while zoneing. About a week ago I bought 32 gigs more ram and added it to my 16 gigs so after I installed the new ram I haven't crashed at all. Not sure how relevant it is or could just be coincidence but Ram is pretty cheap to add if you can, might solve your problem. Think mine costed 60$ for 32 gigs of ddr4 off amazon.

hextasy
07-09-2023, 10:31 AM
Used to crash a ton while loading up the game, and every second or 3rd time while zoneing. About a week ago I bought 32 gigs more ram and added it to my 16 gigs so after I installed the new ram I haven't crashed at all. Not sure how relevant it is or could just be coincidence but Ram is pretty cheap to add if you can, might solve your problem. Think mine costed 60$ for 32 gigs of ddr4 off amazon.

doubt.
this game is 20 years old. we didn't have 16gigs on our computers 20 years ago.