PDA

View Full Version : Raising Weapon Skills - does weapon speed matter?

amadissb
06-18-2023, 01:46 PM
Leveling up a paladin and want to keep his weapon skills all at max.

Is it better to get the fastest version of each type to maximize swing attempts or does it work more like procs and slow weapons aren't penalized for skill ups?

Also, like raising a stat or something worth doing?

Thanks!

Jimjam
06-18-2023, 01:53 PM
I reckon
The chance to skill up is the same per swing regardless of delay. Ergo it is best to use low delay weapons to skill up.

CheopisIV
06-18-2023, 02:04 PM
You only get skillups when swinging so I always opted for the fastest while working on those per-level increases.

Snaggles
06-21-2023, 08:44 PM
A dex buff goes a long ways. That said with a knight I usually keep a 1h skill trained when grouping and my best 2h skill trained when solo. It's slow to raise when you get an "upgrade" but plenty of times to do that and the incentive of being able to use your new shiny thing.

I trained up 2hb from 0 skill with an Abandoned Orc Shovel from Lake Rathe. Found a lvl 45 old world mob and would beat it up, root/camp and come back again. Like 6hrs and I was enjoying my rocksmasher at full tilt.

astuce999
06-22-2023, 01:54 PM
Little known fact; the relative difficulty of the mob will also play a factor in the rate of skill increases.

Green mob (no xp) = no skill ups.
Dark green mob (xp) = very little skill ups.
Blue mob = some skill ups
Dark blue mob = below average skill ups.
White/Yellow mob = sweet spot, tons of skill ups.
Red mob = lots of skill ups but potentially lethal :)

cheers,

Astuce

Toxigen
06-22-2023, 02:38 PM
So save your skillups for when Vindi / KT / Statue / AoW gets pulled to zone line.

Oh wait they changed the raid rules yet again, nvm.

Seducio
06-22-2023, 11:48 PM
Both casted haste and haste items make a noticeable difference on skill up speed.

Jimjam
06-23-2023, 02:37 AM
Little known fact; the relative difficulty of the mob will also play a factor in the rate of skill increases.

cheers,

Astuce

Level of target making a big difference aligns to my feels. I’ve not ran the stats.

Infectious
06-23-2023, 05:58 PM
In classic the easiest way was to find a shaman friend, have him cast his pet and just get buffed up and go at it.

Cecily
06-30-2023, 11:16 AM

cheers,

Astuce
100% this. General V'Ghera always been my favorite disarm skill trainer.

Master Roshi
10-09-2023, 12:38 PM
Yes the swing speed directly effects leveling up the skill as that's more swings per minute. I buy super fast crap weaps just for this purpose.

Trude
10-11-2023, 01:05 PM
What are the fastest 1hs and 1hb weapons that are easily accessable/inexpensive?

Troxx
10-11-2023, 09:01 PM
What are the fastest 1hs and 1hb weapons that are easily accessable/inexpensive?

https://wiki.project1999.com/

dude the wiki exists.

use it.