PDA

View Full Version : Play Everquest on Mobile and tablet

remedez
06-14-2023, 10:03 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just started EQ P99 and I wanted to share something that might interest some of you. My life is kind of busy and I always wanted to get my way through Norrath again but time didn't permit it. I found some way "at least for me" to get back into it. I use Steam link app to play EQ on mobile/tablet so I can bring EQ with me everywhere. I basically play at home but runing everywhere with my pc is out of question lol. So with steam link I can play and relaxing comfortably on my couch once kids sleep. Here is what I have made (might be better way) anyway.

1. Install EQ like the install guide.
2. Add EQ as a non steam game into my PC steam library (you must choose the EQ .exe at first).
3. Right click the game and change the path file to the Launch Titanium.bat file into the steam game properties.
4. before runing it from steam make sure the video resolution works properly when you start the game.
5. (optional) I have Set the pc not to put in stand by mode so my PC is always reading for streaming the game. I only set it for screen off.
6. Connect your PC to the steam link app (ideally your host PC have to be wired to the router to prevent conflict between Host and Client, it still wokrs without it but might have disconnecting issue from the stream)
7. Set video setting in steam link to low video as no need for a better video quality wich could slow the game.
8. connect the stream and shut the big picture mode in the menu to get back to normal steam.
9. run the game from here.

I experienced it and it should run perfectly with no stream lag (depending on your net performance). Also note that play from smarthphone data is possible but use a lot bandwith. I have not been able to make the touch virtual keyboard working on it yet... but touch mouse and button customization make it possible to play by touch screen, but not chatting. I have bought a mini bluetooth keyboard and D-pad that I can handle the game like if I where with mouse and keyboard and it work pretty well.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71sfeaiecsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is what I use but the way you set thing is up to you.

I hope this could make some user interested. I'm no pc expert but I can try to answer your question if any.