PDA

View Full Version : Cazic-Thule Zone Group

aubie
07-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but doing so anyway - please move if needed.

Only seen people in Cazic Thule zone once since I've been on, and when I sent a tell, it was a powerlevel duo.

Anyway, I'm 31 Ogre Shaman and will be 32 by tomorrow, so I'm LFG to hit CT zone so I can get an ogreskin chamois from Lizard Paige for Totemic Helm quest. I'm looking around 8 p.m. cental time Friday night (tomorrow, 7/8/11) to form up a group to exp and grab drops in there. So all you rogues and shadowknights that need ravenscale or decayed armor pieces (and anyone else around lvl 30-35) post here or send me a tell in game if you want to hit up CT. (Can't understand why no one is ever there as I had a ton of fun there on live).

Exxodus (31 almost 32 Ogre Shaman)

Jamuraan
07-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Was I part of that powerlevel duo? I was there yesterday and I'll be there later tonight. You're welcome to come loot a chamois, I had to destroy about a dozen in a couple hours time there.

rubiks
07-08-2011, 04:36 AM
war eagle!

Throbb Swamprunner
07-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Im a level 28 Shadowknight. Is that high enough level for CT?

shdwdrake8
07-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Fair warning... the Totemic Helm quest is a pita. The bear is like a 6 hour spawn and the lvl 50 undead hostile Lich of Aragul or something wanders the same area pwning little shamans.

Striiker
07-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I've tried getting a group here many times. It's unfortunate that people don't do this zone more. Instead, people sit LFG in LOIO or get in line for camps in a overcamped Mistmoore etc. I was planning on hitting Cazic Thule this weekend. If you're on and looking for a group, do a /who all cazic to see if I'm there and send a tell. The biggest issue for me in the past here was getting an enchanter to come as CC is an absolute must here.
I had the chamois drop a couple times when pulling the TR area a week or so ago.

Nytewind TP
07-08-2011, 09:15 AM
That's a shame. CT was/is a fun zone.

The 51+ CT revamp happened around SoL correct? So CT should never be touched on P99 right?

Tumdumm
07-08-2011, 09:17 AM
35 cleric here, /friend seneden and hit me up when you head in there!

Raavak
07-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Im a level 28 Shadowknight. Is that high enough level for CT?

You can do the easier parts of CT at 28.

xnolanx
07-08-2011, 09:24 AM
war eagle!

are you from bama?

aubie
07-08-2011, 11:30 AM
War Eagle! back to you Rubkis.

So far looks like a cleric, and a couple of SK's. I'll be on around 7 or 8 central time tonight. I'll look for you guys. We'll give it a shot and see how it goes.:)

Galanteer
07-08-2011, 11:35 AM
The biggest issue for me in the past here was getting an enchanter to come as CC is an absolute must here.

I'm an irregular playing enchanter who loves to go to the less often used zones. Only 26 atm so maybe a next weekend or so...

Messianic
07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
War Eagle! back to you Rubkis.

So far looks like a cleric, and a couple of SK's. I'll be on around 7 or 8 central time tonight. I'll look for you guys. We'll give it a shot and see how it goes.:)

What level range are you guys looking for? IIRC CT is like late 20s-mid 30s...Is that correct?

Striiker
07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
What level range are you guys looking for? IIRC CT is like late 20s-mid 30s...Is that correct?

Yes, you should be fine killing CY stuff in your 20's.. The TR is fine at around 30.. Archon Pyramid is probably best at 35 - 40ish (I can't recall). There are also the gators, etc. I remember that place being so crowded back in the day.. CY, TR, 4 corners, gators, all had groups..

I'm looking for 30-35ish (+/- a few) folks personally. I'll probably be there more once I hit 34 - 35..

aubie
07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, no one showed, so an unsuccessful thread. But, it was worth a shot.

Slave
07-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Well, no one showed, so an unsuccessful thread. But, it was worth a shot.

Or you could, you know, level up and do it later. Or buy one. Not the hardest things in the world.

aubie
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Or you could, you know, level up and do it later. Or buy one. Not the hardest things in the world.

Interesting, but typical of common day gamer attitude (but hey, WoW is over 10 million and classic EQ is dead, but sad to see it on this server). Getting the totemic helm was the lowest concern of the reason I posted this thread. Recreating the classic experience (which I thought was the point of this server) was my main reason for posting. Did you notice I specifically named rogues/SK's as team members (hmm, anything in CT for those classes?). The point being, it is much more satisfying to "do" a dungeon at the appropriate level along with other group members that also need drops. But, yeah I suspect I will be doing this after I've "outleveled" the content or resort to buying the helm (or something better) when I've "camped/grinded" enough pp to do so. Wooohoo! Exactly the reason I joined the server. /rant off

Galanteer
07-09-2011, 05:33 PM
but typical of common day gamer attitude

Majority had this attitude even back when EQ was young. It was a chore to form groups for out of the way places in original and Kunark. If it wasn't on the exp trail, it would mostly be empty. Often it would take me an hour or two of running about zone to zone ooc, typing "/who all whatever class - whatever level range" for one or two more to go somewhere like Droga (Cazic Thule was well used then) for example. This would be when /who all count would return 2000 or more. Sometimes I would just have to take that boring camp that provided reliable near risk free exp....

It did pay off though, more often then not -these pick up groups- had some superb players, and they usually did not attract clueless players. Lead to many long term game friends there.

Nice thing on this server for forming groups is the /who all zonecode to see who is where and possible to recruit. (doesn't return anon people though)

Slave
07-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Interesting, but typical of common day gamer attitude

There's a good reason why that is the typical attitude: because it is the path of least resistance and most reward. If you want to do hard things for little reward, there are a thousand things to do and a thousand ways to do them. And when you burn out at level 40, I wish you luck on the next, easier game you choose to play.

Galanteer
07-09-2011, 06:48 PM
There's a good reason why that is the typical attitude: because it is the path of least resistance and most reward.

Compare say Droga to OT or similar outdoor zone. (I am using my experience on live server, have not been here enough -but it does seem close enough)

Risk

Droga medium to high
OT Low to medium

Reward--

--loot

Droga meduim to high
OT low to medium

--exp

Droga low to high (low if group doesn't work)
OT medium to high

--exciting adventure

Droga medium to high
OT low to medium

The out of the way places are not that hard as you imply -overall eq isn't that hard....

Swish
07-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I've tried getting a group here many times. It's unfortunate that people don't do this zone more.

Went there once on my cleric, there's an overwhelming amount of casters. Healers are particularly annoying as you can't see them but they will heal the mob your group is trying to kill through the walls.

Wasn't inclined to try and form up a group every night to go there - Mistmoore has a better feel to it I think. Perhaps just the area we were doing, good luck in there - I hope you have a more productive/less annoying session than I did :)

nagarpoe
07-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Galanteer,

You sound like just the type of group member i'd like to have to explore all the zones that i never got to explore.

I hope to group with people like you in game soon!