PDA

View Full Version : Memory error, eqclient.ini almost empty.

lizard_grill
05-19-2023, 09:03 AM
This is so weird! I don't know what's going on.

A few weeks ago I managed to install EverQuest and play it for a while.

I ended up re-installing Windows later on, because of unrelated stuff, so I now have a fresh Windows install.

I try to play EQ again. Got the same game files as before, didn't touch a single exe file before unzipping the p99 game files and adding them to the directory where the game is installed. (I've tried both installing from CD images, and just unpacking a portable version of the game)

So now when I try to play EQ by using the Launch Titanium.bat file, I get a black game screen, and then a popup with the memory error i.e.

The instruction at 0x0000000003A5F0CE referenced memory at
0x0000000FFFFFFFC. The memory could not be read.

So I go to edit the eqclient.ini file, but it's almost empty.

This is literally all that's in there when I open it:

[Defaults]
Sound=TRUE
TextureQuality=1
VertexShaders=TRUE
20PixelShaders=TRUE
14PixelShaders=TRUE
1xPixelShaders=TRUE
MultiPassLighting=FALSE
UseLitBatches=TRUE

I have tried re-installing this game so many times now, I even re-installed Windows again, and now I tried running everything inside a Windows container just because.
Nothing works.

On a side note.
I had another error before this where I tried to run Launch Titanium.bat by searching for it in the search box, because let's face it, the amount of files in the directory is ridiculous. I got a popup from that, telling me that I needed to delete wsock.dll and eqgame.dll, but that bug does not occur when I simply scroll down to the actual bat file and double click it in the window, just a heads up if anyone has had that problem.

mcoy
05-19-2023, 04:02 PM
Don't install under program files.

-Mcoy

nihilo
08-19-2023, 10:03 PM
hey there - wondering if you ever found a fix for this?