PDA

View Full Version : Game crash on server selection

sweeturinal
05-17-2023, 05:55 PM
hi. i've recently reinstalled the game on a new machine after years of not playing. am able to start thru the "Launch Titanium.bat" and get to the server selection, but upon choosing blue server, the game crashes to desktop with a black screen and this error:https://i.imgur.com/QyQ16kO.png

i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game from a custom directory to x86 program files, uninstalling and reinstalling my visual c++ redistributables, and dgvoodoo2 all produce this result.

launching the game (either with or without dgvoodoo2) as administrator with compatibility modes, i can again get to the server browser but upon choosing it seemingly starts to run and then returns me to the main menu. when i log back in, i receive this error at the server browser screen.
https://i.imgur.com/TVDrMmI.png

i've also seen someone else mentioning that maybe it's the eqclient.ini file resolution settings, but my current eqclient file has absolutely no resolution parameters whatsoever. can post it if it would help, but wasn't sure it actually would.

any kind of insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Debeau
05-23-2023, 06:01 PM
I have been having the same issues for the past week. I can occasionally get in to the character screen but maybe 5% of the attempts. I have tried everything i can find in the forums.. not sure whats going on.

Debeau
05-23-2023, 06:02 PM
Any updates? same issue..

Headcase_Fargone
05-24-2023, 04:05 PM
You running a newer AMD CPU? P99 won't let you log in if your base clockspeed is over 4.2Ghz for some reason. Only seems to affect AMD processors. I had to set my 7900X's base clock to 42 to be able to play, but it's causing other issues for me in Windows.

sweeturinal
05-27-2023, 05:26 PM
You running a newer AMD CPU? P99 won't let you log in if your base clockspeed is over 4.2Ghz for some reason. Only seems to affect AMD processors. I had to set my 7900X's base clock to 42 to be able to play, but it's causing other issues for me in Windows.

yes, i'm running an AMD Ryzen 5 7600X so what yr saying makes sense then. I've been trying other things to no avail, so I guess i'll try something along these lines.