PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to make a pvp server?

Jigga
07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Good things take time and i am just making assumptions here so dont go crazy

I think rogean and null have been working on Red pvp server for for a while, niblog maybe too, not sure if hes still mia.

Id assume that the pvp server would just get a copy of the pve code(npc and loot table and such)

I saw in irc a while back null was trying to hammer out a spell resist system and talked about melee and ac system for pvp.

So essentially the pve aspect is already done so really only thing that needs to be done is getting the spell resist,melee, and ac? What else am i missing?

If it was a new server like K and B that just use old emu stock and have to go in and change all the npc and loot and stuff that isnt right and just work from scratch i could see it taking a long time to get a legit classic pvp server. Red99 seems to be at an advantage since i would assume they would just be using the coveted p99 database and just have to fix the pvp aspects which is resist, melee and ac? is there more?

Knuckle
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
It takes cooperation between the developers and the players, and keeping the players up to date on whats happening. A good pvp server has flexibility in removing classic exploits so things like charm and fear don't work against players in PVP. Spell resists are probably the most important factor to test in a PVP server as well as melee damage. A slightly higher exp rate is desirable, I'd say a 20% boost over p99 would be a good idea. Making sure it's 'cheat proof' is a good idea, but probably never going to be perfect. The big thing is to build rapport with the community beforehand so there is good communication between what the developers and players want.

Jigga
07-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Didnt think about anti hacks, i dont know if its possible. I saw Rogean make a comment about making something to prevent hacks on red99. On vztz there were measures to reduce hacks but I think all it really did is prevent the novice hackers who just DL MQ and play. The people who have more knowledge of hacks and creating them i think were able to get around them.

Selfishly i would like to hear updates about red99 but i dont think its really needed, it does help to keep the excitement and to establish a bigger potential population

Krimsin
07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
A slightly higher exp rate is desirable, I'd say a 2000% boost over p99 would be a good idea.

fixt.

SearyxTZ
07-06-2011, 12:12 PM
What does it take to make a pvp server?

Intelligence + money + masochistic tendencies.

edit: + time. More time than you will ever have if you work a normal job or have a girlfriend.

SearyxTZ
07-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't know what P1999 has, but exp rate is usually structured the same way in every MMORPG for a reason. You start fast and finish slow. Hooks the players and then keeps them around for a while.

Nirgon
07-06-2011, 12:33 PM
XP should be faster on a beta test, then an instant 50/full gear beta. I see the beta needing to go on for quite some damn time. As long as fixes steadily roll through it, people will be happy knowing that "it's only a Beta".

That said, do not release anything that is a complete mess (even a beta imo), people will turn up their nose and run.

Release something classic, not "balanced" with welcomed "balance suggestions". This isn't WoW :p.

Krimsin
07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
You need VERY fast XP to max so players have the ability to quickly move through the bottom feeder griefers and trainers that will inevitably exist.

Most of the content focus should be on linking zones strategically from major cities to desired gear upgrades. Most of the pvp servers I've enjoyed had some form of reward for player kills whether it be a point system or bag loot, whatever.

Nirgon
07-06-2011, 12:56 PM
If it's high pop, I'll play it or whatever but... I dunno about custom stuff. That's not what I think most people are looking for with this.

keto
07-06-2011, 01:00 PM
All you need is GM's and Dev's that work with and listen to the community. Once that relationship is built then players will put up with a lot of shit (grinding, farming, bugs, etc).

Jigga
07-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Custom stuff and exp rate if chosen to can be altered pretty easily i would think.

The way i see it, to make a legit pvp server

1) A good pve npc/loot database inline with classic

2) A good reliable host

3) A supportive dev staff

4) A accurate and working Spell resist, melee, and ac code

5) A beta test to work out pvp bugs before release

If rogean truly intends to have a pvp server then i think we already have 1,2, and 3. The 4th point is just not clear, null and rogean might have come up with something i dont know and 5 can be easily done.

If Rogean and Null could maybe get a discusion about #4 maybe the community can help push red99 forward

Knuckle
07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
There's quite a few players with good reputation that were GMs on prior red boxxes. Sirken comes to mind but I think he wants to go PC this time around.

Pudge
07-06-2011, 01:32 PM
exp should be classic, ass slow rate.

SearyxTZ
07-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Custom stuff and exp rate if chosen to can be altered pretty easily i would think.

The way i see it, to make a legit pvp server

1) A good pve npc/loot database inline with classic

2) A good reliable host

3) A supportive dev staff

4) A accurate and working Spell resist, melee, and ac code

5) A beta test to work out pvp bugs before release

If rogean truly intends to have a pvp server then i think we already have 1,2, and 3. The 4th point is just not clear, null and rogean might have come up with something i dont know and 5 can be easily done.

If Rogean and Null could maybe get a discusion about #4 maybe the community can help push red99 forward

You forgot

6) Active (as in if you don't have someone online 24/7, you're going to hear about it) GM staff who will volunteer their time for free + absorb verbal rapings on a daily basis while maintaining full composure, get paid nothing, and babysit several hundred players who will constantly be having problems since it's an Everquest PvP server which means it's easier to grief other players than just about any MMORPG ever released.

Good luck finding half a dozen Sirkens

Doors
07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Faster exp rate than current p99 setup is basically a must. Too many griefers and shit will exist around the low level areas, not to mention a red server is about shitting on people not the experience of the grind.

fiegi
07-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Not happening. Why else would the GM's just constantly ignore threads like this without ever saying anything. We all drank the kool aid and now we are stuck with blue balls.

Knuckle
07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Not happening. Why else would the GM's just constantly ignore threads like this without ever saying anything. We all drank the kool aid and now we are stuck with blue balls.

That is a valid point, we have a constructive discussion with no flaming and p99 gms just ignore it.

Lazortag
07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
There are bugs that nobody wants to report because they like exploiting shit, basically. Since no one will go on p99 to test the pvp there and say what these bugs are, the red server is going to take a much longer time to come out.

I can think of quite a few bugs that need to be reported but with no one else reporting anything, what's the point? Unsurprisingly red players just want everyone else to do their work for them.

Faster exp rate than current p99 setup is basically a must. Too many griefers and shit will exist around the low level areas, not to mention a red server is about shitting on people not the experience of the grind.

Ew, no. Keep the exp as it is, it's only the red players that want faster exp because they're all nubs.

Krimsin
07-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Ew, no. Keep the exp as it is, it's only the red players that want faster exp because they're all nubs.

Because it takes more skill to kill mobs than it does players...

Seriously, all slow xp does is force players to stay in the level range (whatever it may be) that provides incentive for higher level players to kill them. Everyone should have to endure it, that isn't the point, but at some point you risk destroying your player base.

Fast XP is a must on red boxes.

SearyxTZ
07-06-2011, 03:19 PM
That is a valid point, we have a constructive discussion with no flaming and p99 gms just ignore it.

yea those no good pieces of *shit* haven't looked at the 93289th armchair HOW 2 MAKE A SUCCESSFUL PVP SERVER EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT THE EQEMU SOURCE thread where someone lazily stated the obvious in bullet points

I mean I'm all for constructive discussion but leave the fucking sense of entitlement at the doorstep. Because that's part of the problem and the second any volunteer dev sees a bunch of red server players demanding crap is the second they say "lol fuck these guys" and go spend their free time on something else.

Knuckle
07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
yea those no good pieces of *shit* haven't looked at the 93289th armchair HOW 2 MAKE A SUCCESSFUL PVP SERVER EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT THE EQEMU SOURCE thread where someone lazily stated the obvious in bullet points

I mean I'm all for constructive discussion but leave the fucking sense of entitlement at the doorstep. Because that's part of the problem and the second any volunteer dev sees a bunch of red server players demanding crap is the second they say "lol fuck these guys" and go spend their free time on something else.

I agree with you, but you also have to understand they have left us with no updates in a long, long time. I'm saying it to hint to them that we have gotten zero feedback from any gms in over 3 months.

fiegi
07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm still struggling to find any evidence of a sense of entitlement or a demand in there. :( United States education systems clearly letting me down.

Secrets
07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm still struggling to find any evidence of a sense of entitlement or a demand in there. :( United States education systems clearly letting me down.

Have you ran a PvP server? Most of the people from EQ's PVP community do everything in their power to win, get their class better than others, anything they can do to get an advantage they will do it. Some may argue that it's part of PVP to outsmart your opponent, but I disagree on that in some form.

fiegi
07-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Have you ran a PvP server? Most of the people from EQ's PVP community do everything in their power to win, get their class better than others, anything they can do to get an advantage they will do it. Some may argue that it's part of PVP to outsmart your opponent, but I disagree on that in some form.

I was referring to this thread. I'm not denying that the majority of the pvp community is full of dickheads and assholes, including me. Would just be nice to get a heads up once every 6 months or so on the status of the server, or if it was canned. Does that mean i'm sitting here demanding it and feeling a sense of entitlement? I don't think so.

SearyxTZ
07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I agree with you, but you also have to understand they have left us with no updates in a long, long time. I'm saying it to hint to them that we have gotten zero feedback from any gms in over 3 months.

Yeah I am admittedly out of the loop with this. I don't know what was promised or of the staff interaction here.

I think expectations for any project like this should be very very low though. Pressuring or guilt tripping the developers won't help any, and neither will "HERE'S HOW SHIT SHOULD BE DONE IN 5 EASY STEPS" threads created by players. Lack of updates usually means they're either too busy or simply don't want to work on it.

This is a reliable motivator though.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/2466566500_797ffb7f60.jpg

Nirgon
07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Fund raiser? Oooohh, nothing like a good door to door scam. Let's do this.

PurelyElf
07-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Why should exp be so much faster for a pvp server? It's supposed to be harder for reds to level lol.

20% bonus over blue1999 sounds about right, and only so we can hopefully steal some of their players.

Fleury_P99
07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
I can't remember the last successful pvp server launched in the EQemu server. VZ/TZ? Prior to that shit-storm, it was what...a pvp server that was built up for months and then crashed and burned after 2 months live? These servers never last.

Things that have made every pvp server pretty much a fucking wasteland: use of MQ2/ShowEQ cause most people fail at this game, GM's giving shit away to friends, or devs don't balance properly, stupid ruleset, bluebies going to a pvp server thinking they are "hard" and they leave after three days of being camped.

The need for a pvp server is there, but because of reasons listed in this thread - it will never be successful in any way

JayDee
07-06-2011, 04:55 PM

I thought you got confirmation from a credible source that is was TBA in the oncoming years

Lasher
07-06-2011, 05:02 PM
You forgot

6) Active (as in if you don't have someone online 24/7, you're going to hear about it) GM staff who will volunteer their time for free + absorb verbal rapings on a daily basis while maintaining full composure, get paid nothing, and babysit several hundred players who will constantly be having problems since it's an Everquest PvP server which means it's easier to grief other players than just about any MMORPG ever released.

My ideal pvp server ruleset would make it so very little gm intervention is required. Realistic? i dont know but if gms come up with tons of rules that require constant supervision its just creating more work. I dont know what rogean and null can and cant do but if some type of hack prevention/logging can be created i would think that would catch and deter alot of people. Stuff like training,bind camping, corpse camping always gets both sides pointing fingers at each other and in past pvp server there was not a 100% accurate way to determine who started it and at times the GM had to make a judgement call that id say was around 50% accurate. Im grateful for gms but i think some rules just cause more problems compared to just letting alot of them being player controlled

Krimsin
07-06-2011, 05:17 PM
My ideal pvp server ruleset would make it so very little gm intervention is required. Realistic? i dont know but if gms come up with tons of rules that require constant supervision its just creating more work. I dont know what rogean and null can and cant do but if some type of hack prevention/logging can be created i would think that would catch and deter alot of people. Stuff like training,bind camping, corpse camping always gets both sides pointing fingers at each other and in past pvp server there was not a 100% accurate way to determine who started it and at times the GM had to make a judgement call that id say was around 50% accurate. Im grateful for gms but i think some rules just cause more problems compared to just letting alot of them being player controlled

I agree, don't make stupid rules like "no training". Fucking train all you want. Every great model operates on anarchy

Doktoor
07-06-2011, 05:23 PM
You have to have some rules or people are just going to leave. There's only a small subset of people who will actually hang around for SZ rules. SZ rules suck.

The SZ folks will cry "blue" till they're blue in the face, but you cant allow training, corpse camping, and bind rushing. It pisses people off and they leave. One jerk can make dozens of newbs quit.

I'm not talking about real pvp here. I started on VZ a few months after its creation in Freeport and I had constant PVP from SKs and Necros 8 levels higher than me. If I exp'd for 30 mins without getting attacked I was shocked. It didnt scare me away, it made it more exciting.

But if D'Bags were training 10 mobs over my head every 30 mins and causing me exp loss, I wouldnt have hung for that.

Real PvP with the goal of killing someone without the aid of mobs (gimp style) is part of a true PvP server. Being a dick is just being a dick and it turns alot of people off.

You have to have some rules.

IMO, though, the EXP, penalty or no, doesnt matter. People will still play, they'll just exp more or less.

Nirgon
07-06-2011, 05:30 PM
How bout we just put a sign up of interested people on the site where it takes our email address and they can just send us news updates. I feel stupid for thinking that checking back here would provide some kind of update on the server status.

Sirken
07-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Didnt think about anti hacks, i dont know if its possible. I saw Rogean make a comment about making something to prevent hacks on red99. On vztz there were measures to reduce hacks but I think all it really did is prevent the novice hackers who just DL MQ and play. The people who have more knowledge of hacks and creating them i think were able to get around them.
people used MQ on vztz and they use it here on p99. blatant cheaters are by far easier to catch since theres no magic notice alerting the staff about when people break rules. as far as fixing it, well; anything that can be done by man, can also be undone by man.

All you need is GM's and Dev's that work with and listen to the community. Once that relationship is built then players will put up with a lot of shit (grinding, farming, bugs, etc).
that works well in theory, but your forgetting all the dumb asses that make incorrect or flat out false statements.. not to mention should GMs start listening to certain players and not others, the community will cry foul and claim favoritism.

Cloning and stem cell research bro, you can grow an army of Sirkens ;)

um Secrets, you know that i love you, but if you dont think outsmarting your opponent is part of PvP, then maybe you'd be interested in buying my screen door submarine. Strategy is what separates PvPers from the whiny little cryfaced bitches that need max level and all the best gear before they can compete.

The need for a pvp server is there, but because of reasons listed in this thread - it will never be successful in any way
i respectfully disagree.

the biggest problem here (at least on vztz, but i assume the same stands true for p99 staff, anyways) is that the staff needs evidence to ban players to ensure that (contrary to popular belief) no favoritism exists among their own ranks. trust me when i say there were plenty of people MQing on VZ that i knew of, but i just couldnt get the physical proof the head GM wanted to perma ban them.

I agree, don't make stupid rules like "no training". Fucking train all you want. Every great model operates on anarchy
your a fucking idiot. if you knew how to PvP or how to play your class, you wouldnt need trains, or even consider them a viable tactic. play better.

You have to have some rules or people are just going to leave. There's only a small subset of people who will actually hang around for SZ rules. SZ rules suck. The SZ folks will cry "blue" till they're blue in the face, but you cant allow training, corpse camping, and bind rushing. It pisses people off and they leave. One jerk can make dozens of newbs quit. I'm not talking about real pvp here. I started on VZ a few months after its creation in Freeport and I had constant PVP from SKs and Necros 8 levels higher than me. If I exp'd for 30 mins without getting attacked I was shocked. It didnt scare me away, it made it more exciting. But if D'Bags were training 10 mobs over my head every 30 mins and causing me exp loss, I wouldnt have hung for that. Real PvP with the goal of killing someone without the aid of mobs (gimp style) is part of a true PvP server. Being a dick is just being a dick and it turns alot of people off. You have to have some rules.

/applaud
couldnt say it better myself

Sirken
07-06-2011, 06:45 PM
and for everyone that thinks the only thing R99 needs a some PvP tweaks...

...why on earth do u assume Null has p99's source?

JayDee
07-06-2011, 08:41 PM
the biggest problem here (at least on vztz, but i assume the same stands true for p99 staff, anyways) is that the staff needs evidence to ban players to ensure that (contrary to popular belief) no favoritism exists among their own ranks. trust me when i say there were plenty of people MQing on VZ that i knew of, but i just couldnt get the physical proof the head GM wanted to perma ban them.

I like you Fonzo, but you were not the greatest GM.

I remember one time contacting you on Happy and alerting you I would be zoning into SE corner of fear and to keep an eye on Handpicked and any suspicious behavior.

Within a few seconds, I had Saru and Gyno on me and I even yondered around a bit before porting out so you could get a lock on them. Your response? "Gynowife is standing by me at portal." You accused me of lying when you were just incompetent.

You made some excuse about not having the map function up (what?) and when I told you to check my combat logs, you were oblivious.

keto
07-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Agreed, the great GM was Primal kekekeke.

fiegi
07-06-2011, 09:23 PM
gm primal was the breast

Koota
07-06-2011, 09:24 PM
all this thread needs is wehrmacht

Aenor
07-06-2011, 10:13 PM

exp should be classic, ass slow rate.

Agree w/ Pudge. It's probably impossible to disable MQ/fix zone_cmd and other hacks and exploits. Your best defense against the inevitable cheating is:

1. As per Pudge make the leveling exactly as slow as it is on P99 blue. That way, hackers/exploiters will be very careful about getting caught because losing a max/geared toon is going to hurt.

2. As far as finding a half dozen Sirkens, I think P99 should ask the existing support staff for P99 blue to help get P99 red off the ground. Those GMs already have a track record for tracking down and banning hackers/exploiters. Most of them probably have no interest in PvP but would enjoy the challenge of hunting down hackers on a new server.

Agree that you will need alot of staff. I think that was the downfall of vztz because the people behind the box took too much on themselves and didn't find enough trustworthy people to help out. P99 has the great advantage of having an existing staff that, for the most part, probably won't have any reason to act in a corrupt manner as staff on the PvP server.

SearyxTZ
07-06-2011, 11:32 PM

Who did you think was better?

I'm curious because Sirken was the closest thing VZTZ had to a GM that the players actually approved of

SearyxTZ
07-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I think that was the downfall of vztz because the people behind the box took too much on themselves and didn't find enough trustworthy people to help out.

yea I think the new guide turnover rate was at least 50%

one of two things would happen:

1.) Guide gets burned out after one week of answering petitions - is never seen or heard from again.

2.) Guide is discovered funneling info/items/something to a specific guild / his buddies / etc and has to be banned

Krimsin
07-07-2011, 02:04 AM
your a fucking idiot. if you knew how to PvP or how to play your class, you wouldnt need trains, or even consider them a viable tactic. play better.

Ask anyone who has ever PvP'd against me. I'm about the most honorable fighter there is. I don't train, I don't crouch behind guards, I don't cheat, I don't plug. I accept the wins and losses that my skills and my toon yields.

For having a fantastic label surrounding your name as a GM, you sure are judgmental.

I played a paladin named Phoso on guildwars, I played a warrior named IvIurder on Altergate (flame away).

I think you don't get me because you feel like I'm like the rest of these clowns, you mistake me as a person who actually gives a shit about my name being spouted on some board in a negative fashion. I don't.

Of all the "big" names tossed around on these boards from VZTZ and other boxes, very few actually impressed me when I've played with them or against them. They are usually timid, careful, risk-off players, who are blatant opportunists, usually to the point of being pathetic and cowardly, just so they can brag on some board. This defeats the point of PVP IMO.

My opinion on training and other such tactics is simple. If you have to do it to win, you've already lost. The truth always comes out on any player who looks great on a box, rarely they can hold up to the standard which proceeds them.

Bardalicious
07-07-2011, 02:10 AM
^ IvIurder was a pretty stand-up guy on AG. Despite whipping my ass with his Ice Age bow.

Pudge
07-07-2011, 06:04 AM
training should be illegal. if there is only 1 rule for red99 it should be that.

not hard to monitor. rule should be simple: fraps or it didn't happen.

Aenor
07-07-2011, 06:44 AM
This is a reliable motivator though.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/2466566500_797ffb7f60.jpg

As I stated in my please save basketball thread, if donations are needed let us know. The PvP community has shown that it will throw money at shit like the Gronkus box (although I'm told the server P99 blue is run on sells on eBay for like $300).

A bunch of us want to play and if Rogean et al posted today and said "if we can raise $1000 in the next 7 days, there will be a Red99," I bet they would get that grand. I got $100 on it.

Knuckle
07-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I think the infamous gronkus box was worth a few gs?

PurelyElf
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Ask anyone who has ever PvP'd against me. I'm about the most honorable fighter there is. I don't train, I don't crouch behind guards, I don't cheat, I don't plug. I accept the wins and losses that my skills and my toon yields.

For having a fantastic label surrounding your name as a GM, you sure are judgmental.

I played a paladin named Phoso on guildwars, I played a warrior named IvIurder on Altergate (flame away).

I think you don't get me because you feel like I'm like the rest of these clowns, you mistake me as a person who actually gives a shit about my name being spouted on some board in a negative fashion. I don't.

Of all the "big" names tossed around on these boards from VZTZ and other boxes, very few actually impressed me when I've played with them or against them. They are usually timid, careful, risk-off players, who are blatant opportunists, usually to the point of being pathetic and cowardly, just so they can brag on some board. This defeats the point of PVP IMO.

My opinion on training and other such tactics is simple. If you have to do it to win, you've already lost. The truth always comes out on any player who looks great on a box, rarely they can hold up to the standard which proceeds them.

So why should training be allowed, then? SZ was a social experiment, and the most hopeful thing about it was that it was the least populated server.

Lasher
07-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Id dont like trains but it cant be policed enough. first person trains the raid and the raid wipes and gm gets attention but the harm is already done. Having fraps proof on vztz helped alot but still was happening way too much to police. In the end what usually happened is the person(s) who trained first get away with it and the people who got trained either chose to be noble and not train back but most likely lose the encounter or they train back but by then a gm is there and a gm has witnessed a train and ban hammers galore. Id say in my personal experience on vztz the retaliation trainer gets caught more than the initial trainer

JayDee
07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Lasher loves trains

JayDee
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
and I like his caboose

speakin locomotives here

PurelyElf
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Id dont like trains but it cant be policed enough. first person trains the raid and the raid wipes and gm gets attention but the harm is already done. Having fraps proof on vztz helped alot but still was happening way too much to police. In the end what usually happened is the person(s) who trained first get away with it and the people who got trained either chose to be noble and not train back but most likely lose the encounter or they train back but by then a gm is there and a gm has witnessed a train and ban hammers galore. Id say in my personal experience on vztz the retaliation trainer gets caught more than the initial trainer

the solution isn't to give up and let it happen; the problem would only get worse :/

Sirken
07-07-2011, 12:50 PM
With all due respect, I am not currently a GM, I am not impersonating, or representing myself as a GM. And FWIW, I don’t know you from adam, all I know about you is that you seem to have conflicting opinions about training in pvp…

I’m sure you see what I see here ;)

I played a paladin named Phoso on guildwars, I played a warrior named IvIurder on Altergate (flame away). I think you don't get me because you feel like I'm like the rest of these clowns, you mistake me as a person who actually gives a shit about my name being spouted on some board in a negative fashion. I don't.
And I think you’ve mistaken me for someone that flames people, I simply call it as I see it ;)

I agree! A lot of people suck balls until they have joined the top guild, achieved top level, and acquired the very best loots, and then go around slaying kids in subpar gear thinking they are god’s gift to pvp. I’ve never been impressed with players like that.

I agree, if you have to train, you’ve already lost. However we disagree on your next point as some box players were absolutely devastating on live (I can only assume that’s when u meant when you said the standard which precedes them).

Sirken
07-07-2011, 01:04 PM

I remember one time contacting you on Happy and alerting you I would be zoning into SE corner of fear and to keep an eye on Handpicked and any suspicious behavior.

Within a few seconds, I had Saru and Gyno on me and I even yondered around a bit before porting out so you could get a lock on them. Your response? "Gynowife is standing by me at portal." You accused me of lying when you were just incompetent.

You made some excuse about not having the map function up (what?) and when I told you to check my combat logs, you were oblivious.

i never said i was the greatest GM, but i will say i was one of the better ones ;)
i know that you assume you're the only player that was sending me tells that day, but you weren't, so i apologize that i wasn't able to deal with you within a few seconds of receiving your tell. i was trying to watch multiple people. and yes, i used a map feature that showed me all the players and all the mobs because it gave me a bird's eye view of the entire zone plus locations of where the players and the mobs were in the zone... SO if you were being trained in a corner, id be able to see it from anywhere that i was at inside the zone, i'm sorry if thats truly too hard of a concept for you to grasp.

oh and combat logs? we never kept combat logs and you know that because 1) ive said it a million times, and 2) it's the reason yellow text was required to enforce BRing/BCing.

if we actually kept combat logs for every time any player ever swung his weapon or did damage to a mob, opening SQL would have crashed the server, ruined your immersion, and threatened your pixels.

(PS- we didn't keep spell casting logs for the same reason)

<3