PDA

View Full Version : modern life is bullshit

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 11:52 AM
i'm fuming mad r now i can't even deal what the fuck ppl

was the internet worth it? really? was radio and TV worth it? phones?

i'm feeling like while all this stuff enabled ppl to put me on welfare.... because i'm crippled and dumb

none of it was worth it even if it means my life is forefeight to the barbarians and i die in a ditch

Smoofers
04-20-2023, 11:55 AM
Barbarians are based. They keep civilizations in check.

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:11 PM
google is engaging in predatory behavior they won't even let me delete my gpay account

i'm really mad guyz

this is definately a reason we are seeing a rise in 'hate and violence' in our society we allow and tolerate this kind of bullshit and we build our house of cards (nation) around this paper please fucking bullshit and when people get old they prey on them extra hard because they are old and infirm and can't fight back

this is the fucking most devilish satanic bullshit ever

don't sign no fucking contracts with anyone ever

don't give them your name

don't give them any information

it's satanic fucking bullshit all the way down

if the only good thing that comes from this world and this time period is this post so be it, i doubt it even matters tho. bhudda says fuck it, go fast and die in a monastery

DeadSurvivor
04-20-2023, 12:20 PM
When Google first came out, I used it somewhat (I mainly used Yahoo Search) until I heard Google collects more data on their users than needed. I made Yahoo my only search engine until Bing came out.

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:22 PM
ya i'm going to make a yahoo account and switch anything meaningful over to that email this is fucking crap

then i'm going to demand over and over google deletes my gmail and all related crap

i already sent them a nassty lettter letting them know their 2 factor authentication cellphone recovery txt thing is bullshit (it is a lie)

i should just log off the internet forever and donate my pc to to welfare ppl tho and just never use anything electronic ever again (we all know how that ends tho)

aussenseiter
04-20-2023, 12:24 PM
Overdrew your account or someth?

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:25 PM
Overdrew your account or someth?

no i lost control over my account because my mind is shit

i literally am cheep to keep i dont spend any money and dont gamble on the stock market probably another reason the satanic shit world hates ppl like me

aussenseiter
04-20-2023, 12:26 PM
no i lost control over my account because my mind is shit

i literally am cheep to keep i dont spend any money and dont gamble on the stock market probably another reason the satanic shit world hates ppl like me

Authenticator app?

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:27 PM
ya except i became to reliant on it and now i cant reset my password even tho they can two factor me

luckily i coppied all my other login infos into another thing outside of google

butt google didnt save its own auth info in a place i can see it (i'm not a hacker anymore)

so google has all my login info but i dont have theirs - like i have everything except googles so god for bid i had to reset my acount on p99 one day i would be fucked if i get logged out of google

--------------

this is all new the lats time i reset my password there was 11 months ago (using my phone), i just cant remember what i reset it to

they are using ukraine/china as an excuse to fuck ppl out of their info and run up billing cycles

Jobaber
04-20-2023, 12:30 PM
i'm fuming mad r now i can't even deal what the fuck ppl

was the internet worth it? really? was radio and TV worth it? phones?

i'm feeling like while all this stuff enabled ppl to put me on welfare.... because i'm crippled and dumb

none of it was worth it even if it means my life is forefeight to the barbarians and i die in a ditch

But we have wine dispensers (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/17/ancient-roman-winery-found-ruins-villa-of-quintilii-rome) built INTO THE WALL thanks to Rome! We can get wine, out of the wall!

What do you mean this place sucks???!!!

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:32 PM
i cant drink wine it makes me sick :(

because i have heavy metal poisoning and PFAS and an endocrin disorder ( i had before i chopped le dick off)

going to blame the nuke testing in BIKINI AND in Southern Utah, they hate the fuckin mormons too (they being the satanic government five eyes motherfuckers who are in bed with google)

Jobaber
04-20-2023, 12:33 PM
Its a humorous metaphor for we are collapsed just like rome, despite the ingenuity of the microwave and feytnol addictions :)

I agree with you. This society is gotham.

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:34 PM
fat fucking chance getting them to pay reperations for irradiating and poisonining my generation, they'll pay reperations in san fran first so they can virtue signal inflated real estate prices and say' plz dont revolt, look u too can win the race lottter!Y!") (this is bordering on banable so i'm gtfo for the rest of the day

g-d bless

world is ded

server is done

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:35 PM
p.s. i'm not mad this is happening to me just mad this is how we die collectively no valhalla for anyone born after 1990

my dharma is i get to watch it helpless to fight for anything better

i'm sorry guys and for this i truly appologize

Jobaber
04-20-2023, 12:36 PM
p.s. i'm not mad this is happening to me just mad this is how we die collectively no valhalla for anyone born after 1990

hearing you say that there is a cause to all the effects we think are the problem is all I needed to have a great day.

I just like knowing there is at least 1 person that wont blame the color of the paint for the house collapsing.

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:37 PM
:D love u Jobaber !

Jobaber
04-20-2023, 12:38 PM
u2 !

fuck gotham tho :D

https://i.imgur.com/ll7BCZU.png

magnetaress
04-20-2023, 12:39 PM
:d

aussenseiter
04-20-2023, 12:44 PM
Do you have a saved password for vending.android.com?

Jobaber
04-20-2023, 12:51 PM
I appreciate aussen is trying to help instead of throw gassolilne on gotham.

goblinmob
04-20-2023, 01:49 PM
Aussie always helps me when I'm retarded

goblinmob
04-20-2023, 01:50 PM
I hope your day gets better tho. That's what I meant is all

DeadSurvivor
04-20-2023, 02:37 PM
You may need to take the fight to Google. I'm sure they will lie and say they cleared your personal information but one thing Google does is store people's personal information no matter what, whether the user likes it or not.

Patriam1066
04-20-2023, 08:01 PM

That’s for damn sure

Topgunben
04-20-2023, 08:01 PM
I’m half way through Sapiens. Very good read, full of reasons why we are the way we are. And also why the way we are isn’t necessarily what’s best for us.

Patriam1066
04-20-2023, 08:03 PM
I’m shocked and gladdened you would read that book. Don’t check out the author’s politics though!

Trexller
04-20-2023, 08:42 PM
give 'em hell mag

Topgunben
04-20-2023, 08:53 PM
I’m shocked and gladdened you would read that book. Don’t check out the author’s politics though!

Oh it’s obvious what he is, and there are times when I roll my eyes because I can tell he is playing to the woke crowd. But he also calls out the Woke BS too at times, for instance climate change. So I kind of take it as more genuine than not.

Worth reading though.

Jobaber
04-22-2023, 04:54 PM
I just got back from the doctor and he basically prescribed that I needed to spend less time watching the news. Society is literally unhealthy according to the medical association.

Trexller
04-22-2023, 04:58 PM
I just got back from the doctor and he basically prescribed that I needed to spend less time watching the news. Society is literally unhealthy according to the medical association.

lol we all know that

but politics is the greatest reality show ever created

especially geopolitics

their throwing a glass of wine, is my shelling of bakmut

magnetaress
04-22-2023, 05:40 PM
Ironically most of my news comes from here and the why files youtube now.

I don't actively look for news. However Google sure does seem to curate the vilest shit sometimes. Mostly pushing some stupid agenda.

Trexller
04-22-2023, 07:51 PM
the why files fuckin rocks

https://www.youtube.com/@TheWhyFiles

for those not in the know

all hail Hecklefish

aussenseiter
04-22-2023, 08:19 PM
the why files fuckin rocks

https://www.youtube.com/@TheWhyFiles

for those not in the know

all hail Hecklefish

the 3 minutes on the magnetic shift were alright, the rest is total retardation.

Patriam1066
04-22-2023, 08:35 PM

News tells you all the bad

Life is actually pretty good

magnetaress
04-23-2023, 07:51 AM

ya for the most part ! :p :cool:

goblinmob
04-23-2023, 09:46 AM
Genesis 2:19

Trexller
04-23-2023, 12:07 PM
the 3 minutes on the magnetic shift were alright, the rest is total retardation.

its just an entertaining approach toward conspiracy theories without being a psycho about it

the guy debunks everything

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-23-2023, 12:27 PM

You watch news?

Where??

News is largely a series of events, localized since we ain't quantum, that concern a finite list of topics. You can select the topic, and the localization, and get a much better info slice (Hell Yeah Info Slice. Mourn Ya till I join Ya) from written sources beginning with basic encyclopedia level details. One always needs context, no? The news is important only to the extent it relates to the past, otherwise its just the passing now, and unless it is very sticky, it's probably gone tomorrow.

Society is literally unhealthy?

No. People who watch the news are unhealthy.

You missed the point bro.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-23-2023, 12:29 PM
And you need to get with the program. All of you. Pissing and moaning.
https://i.imgur.com/plkUqBY.jpg

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-23-2023, 12:36 PM
Game the system. If you live in the US, Canada, Australia, and several other countries, it's not diffiuclt to come to a deal.

Unless you whining cuz you don't want to put in any time? Basically, go to the truck stop and suck dicks if you need money, I guess.

Are you nuts?
it's satanic fucking bullshit all the way down

possibly!

Or maybe you are one of the many discontent? Superb book. Gotta read it. Civilization and Its Discontents. It's the original rage post.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-23-2023, 12:43 PM

Valhalla isn't real anyway. So what do you mean? No glory? Plenty of glory. Claw both of your eyes out of your head, dial 911. When they arrive have this beatific smile on your face "I'm blind! I can finally see!"

Can you larp? Just larp that. You'll become a holy person. And very wealthy. Say you see the sweet Mother of God, Mary. "Dear Mother Mary says try red!"

Landroval
04-23-2023, 12:48 PM
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Sadre Spinegnawer
04-23-2023, 12:49 PM
You think I'm kidding about big larping? Dear lord. Consider this individual. She wins at larping. Mmmm. I've said too much.
https://i.imgur.com/TaVqGU6.jpg

goblinmob
04-23-2023, 12:52 PM
Yayoi!

goblinmob
04-23-2023, 12:52 PM
Cause of death: ..chicken pox?..

goblinmob
04-23-2023, 12:53 PM
Lookin like a dartboard over there, sadre

Patriam1066
04-24-2023, 12:28 AM
Valhalla is real seek Christ pussy

Duik
04-24-2023, 06:50 PM
When Google first came out, I used it somewhat (I mainly used Yahoo Search) until I heard Google collects more data on their users than needed. I made Yahoo my only search engine until Bing came out.

I too exchange one overbearing overlord, for another.

Duik
04-24-2023, 07:06 PM
Valhalla is real seek Christ pussy

Translation (hehe) post-op TransJesus.
Jebus is woke.

Duik
04-24-2023, 07:07 PM
Triple post, many madz.

unsunghero
04-24-2023, 10:53 PM
I think a wasted life can always be completely redeemed with a good death. Like dying while trying to prevent a crime

Why I’ll always respect fallen soldiers, police, or good samaritans

goblinmob
04-25-2023, 09:51 AM
If you haven't already, Hagakuri is a very good read. Very insightful bite sized thoughts from a very stoic and fascinating period of Japanese history. It's like fortune cookies for samurais

Patriam1066
04-26-2023, 11:17 PM
Do you know any well written English language histories of feudal / daimyo period Japan? I’d love to read up on that

goblinmob
04-26-2023, 11:20 PM
lol thanks

goblinmatron
05-21-2023, 10:34 AM
Genesis 2:19

Matthew 5:29

Tnair
05-21-2023, 12:15 PM
Do you know any well written English language histories of feudal / daimyo period Japan? I’d love to read up on that

Not academic but the book Shogun is a fun intro to the period
Anything by Daisetz Suzuki is good, and also for yet more English perspective on Japanese culture you could check out Kokoro by Lafcadio Hearn

Patrece
05-21-2023, 06:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JG3Diuw.png

Ooloo
05-22-2023, 02:02 PM
In nyc you must wait until you've been stabbed in the head before defending yourself. Then you'll just get 5 years instead of 20.

Elizondo
05-22-2023, 02:57 PM

Lune
05-22-2023, 03:26 PM
There are countless residents of states solidly controlled by the opposing party who are utterly disenfranchised. The solution isn't to join another state, it's to get rid of the Senate and electoral college, so representation can be based on votes, not on arbitrary geographical designations.

Regarding Greater Idaho, I honestly have no objection to the red areas of eastern Oregon and Washington joining Idaho. Will make it that much easier to govern the different blue and red areas how they prefer to be governed. Might as well throw in northern Nevada and a few parts of Northern California as well, so Nevada will be solidly blue instead of purple.

Jimjam
05-22-2023, 03:53 PM

Wholesome!

Ooloo
05-22-2023, 04:03 PM
There are countless residents of states solidly controlled by the opposing party who are utterly disenfranchised. The solution isn't to join another state, it's to get rid of the Senate and electoral college, so representation can be based on votes, not on arbitrary geographical designations.

Regarding Greater Idaho, I honestly have no objection to the red areas of eastern Oregon and Washington joining Idaho. Will make it that much easier to govern the different blue and red areas how they prefer to be governed. Might as well throw in northern Nevada and a few parts of Northern California as well, so Nevada will be solidly blue instead of purple.

By this logic you might as well break down the entire country by household. Each household can be a separate state!

The electoral college exists for a very good reason, which is that life in los angeles and nyc is completely different than life in rural nebraska. The geographic designations aren't arbitrary at all. The founding fathers understood this, which is why our country is not a pure democracy. Pure democracy is just mob rule.

Lune
05-22-2023, 05:18 PM
By this logic you might as well break down the entire country by household. Each household can be a separate state!

The electoral college exists for a very good reason, which is that life in los angeles and nyc is completely different than life in rural nebraska. The geographic designations aren't arbitrary at all. The founding fathers understood this, which is why our country is not a pure democracy. Pure democracy is just mob rule.

This is nonsense lol, the electoral college has roots in realpolitik during the formation of the union and its early years, used for various reasons such as enticing small or sparsely populated states into the union, and dealing with the balance of power between slave states and northern states during the era of the 3/5 compromise.

Eliminating the electoral college isn't pure democracy, it's still a representative republic, except the representatives and president are actually chosen by votes of equal power, rather than a Democrat in Georgia's vote being worth 1000x more than a Republican in California.

Stop pretending like it's about anything other than giving disproportionate power to voters in empty states. Yes, rural and metropolitan voters have different issues, but that doesn't mean rural voters should be given power over metropolitan voters. You seem happy with the belief that the electoral college 'protects' rural life, but you don't seem to give a fuck about what effect having presidents and senators chosen by a handful of ranchers in Wyoming has on the places where everyone actually lives, nor do you take issue with the fact that there are more Republicans in California than the entire Midwestern United States, and all their votes mean absolutely nothing.

aussenseiter
05-22-2023, 08:47 PM
This is nonsense lol, the electoral college has roots in realpolitik during the formation of the union and its early years, used for various reasons such as enticing small or sparsely populated states into the union, and dealing with the balance of power between slave states and northern states during the era of the 3/5 compromise.

Eliminating the electoral college isn't pure democracy, it's still a representative republic, except the representatives and president are actually chosen by votes of equal power, rather than a Democrat in Georgia's vote being worth 1000x more than a Republican in California.

Stop pretending like it's about anything other than giving disproportionate power to voters in empty states. Yes, rural and metropolitan voters have different issues, but that doesn't mean rural voters should be given power over metropolitan voters. You seem happy with the belief that the electoral college 'protects' rural life, but you don't seem to give a fuck about what effect having presidents and senators chosen by a handful of ranchers in Wyoming has on the places where everyone actually lives, nor do you take issue with the fact that there are more Republicans in California than the entire Midwestern United States, and all their votes mean absolutely nothing.

Iirc Bernie Sanders is one of the most overrepresented Senators or however you phrase that.

Patriam1066
05-23-2023, 12:45 AM
Not academic but the book Shogun is a fun intro to the period
Anything by Daisetz Suzuki is good, and also for yet more English perspective on Japanese culture you could check out Kokoro by Lafcadio Hearn

Thanks!

Lune
05-23-2023, 01:28 PM
Iirc Bernie Sanders is one of the most overrepresented Senators or however you phrase that.

Yup. Vermont should not have equal power with Texas in any of the three branches of government. 647,000 people with the ability to enforce their will on a country of 333 million, given the right conditions. The Senate is a dinosaur and it's no wonder our country is stagnating and utterly incapable of reform.

Toxigen
05-23-2023, 01:40 PM
Yup. Vermont should not have equal power with Texas in any of the three branches of government. 647,000 people with the ability to enforce their will on a country of 333 million, given the right conditions. The Senate is a dinosaur and it's no wonder our country is stagnating and utterly incapable of reform.

maple syrup tho

aussenseiter
05-23-2023, 01:46 PM

Vermont won't like you altering the deal.

Ooloo
05-31-2023, 04:32 PM

Did you know there are elections that aren't national?!

Seriously, do you actually think ranchers in wyoming have outsized influence in national elections? That's what keeps you up at night? Yes, their votes are weighted more heavily because there are way fewer of them. It's meant as a counterbalance, so that urban centers don't dictate the outcome of every single national election.

unsunghero
05-31-2023, 10:43 PM
There are countless residents of states solidly controlled by the opposing party who are utterly disenfranchised

I dunno, I imagine many of the disenfranchised choose to leave. The only ones that remain are probably ones that can’t afford to

Would you choose to remain in an area surrounded by those vehemently against your politics?

I guess another reason people choose to tough it out in a state surrounded by the opposite political party is that there are a lot more unsocial shut ins these days, and a lack of overall community

I was just reminiscing with a co-worker how when we were kids we knew the names of every kid and adult in every house on our block. We’d have block parties too. Now with the advent of endless screen time, no one cares to know their neighbors anymore

Lune
05-31-2023, 10:48 PM
I dunno, I imagine many of the disenfranchised choose to leave. The only ones that remain are probably ones that can’t afford to

Would you choose to remain in an area surrounded by those vehemently against your politics?

I guess another reason people choose to tough it out in a state surrounded by the opposite political party is that there are a lot more unsocial shut ins these days, and a lack of overall community

I was just reminiscing with a co-worker how when we were kids we knew the names of every kid and adult in every house on our block. We’d have block parties too. Now with the advent of endless screen time, no one cares to know their neighbors anymore

I've heard famous people describe the sensation of being famous as like what the human condition is supposed to be, like it feels natural and is the way we evolved. (Minus obsessive fans constantly asking for autographs)

Humans spent the last 2 million years evolving in very close knit groups of up to 150. You would basically know everything about all 150 of those people over the course of your lifetime, and all of them would know you too. Modern life is weird inside out fucked up bullshit and Americans are the worst when it comes to lack of community.