PDA

View Full Version : Power diff between Necros Monk and Spec pet?

Daddypig
04-08-2023, 01:13 AM
So I've heard the Spec pet is like the ultimate Necro pet, however I've also heard it doesn't dual wield?

If that's true, then does the 56 Monk pet actually out DPS the Spec pet?

Whats the difference in their DPS?

IzHaN80
04-08-2023, 08:43 AM
EoT has superior DPS and also tankyness, its a no brainer, plus way cooler than all your previous pets. Worth it.

Bardp1999
04-09-2023, 12:38 AM
Minion of Shadow pet can probably out parse EoT, but the health differential alone is pretty laughable. Basically when you have EoT you should use EoT in virtually any situation.

For ultimate immersion also use arch lich

I didnt even bother buying the monk pet on my now 60 necro

Tethler
04-10-2023, 03:44 AM
Minion of Shadow pet can probably out parse EoT, but the health differential alone is pretty laughable. Basically when you have EoT you should use EoT in virtually any situation.

For ultimate immersion also use arch lich

I didnt even bother buying the monk pet on my now 60 necro

Does the monk pet even outdamage the rogue pet when the rogue pet is able to backstab?

I also didn't buy the monk pet for my necro because I assumed if you needed pet to tank, then use 49 warrior pet until EoT, and for pet just dpsing it was rogue, then EoT.

What situation do people use the monk? DPSing when unable to position for backstabs?

Jimjam
04-10-2023, 03:46 AM
IIRC Monk pet has some really nice animations, and I suppose it could be useful when you run out of peridots in a dungeon that drops bonechips but is a bit too fargone for the 49 pet to be useful?

Only necro I played to 60+ was oow era, so take these distant memories with a giant pinch of salt before applying them to p1999.

magnetaress
04-10-2023, 10:53 AM
monk pet has good life tap potential??? and hits good from the front? good farming greens?

Toxigen
04-10-2023, 11:27 AM
once you have EoT you don't go back

Crede
04-10-2023, 02:10 PM
Monk pet a good option for random shit and not blowing dots on EOT if you don’t need the extra tankage. The spell isn’t worth the actual pp though, but if you happen to come across it in your travels, I would for sure mem it up.

Philistine
04-10-2023, 03:12 PM
I personally skipped the monk pet. I was broke while leveling and decided to save for EOT instead of spending (what to me was) quite a bit on the monk pet.

Since mostly charming for xp at that level I didn't really miss it.

Lurgort/Sseri
04-17-2023, 07:14 PM
Monk pet is fine for farming or if for some reason, you run out of peridots.

Toxigen
04-18-2023, 09:24 AM
Just never run out of dots. They're cheap, no excuses.

PestilentCancer
04-19-2023, 01:42 AM
Spec pet dual wields fine with either a torch or a weapon in each hand. The big problems with the Monk and Rogue pets is their level. Especially, when you are fighting anything level 50 or higher. Their hits don’t land consistently, they can get aggro from farther away, mob attacks land against them more often, and less HP than spec pet. I like to look at my pet’s HP as an extension of my own, so EoT is the way to go unless charming is an option. Even then, Necros can kill some crazy stuff with just a self buffed spec pet. I would imagine, Monk and Rogue pets get significantly better with a hate book, but I have never had one to mess around with. Supposedly, AC given to pets through gear or spells is treated as “avoidance” AC, so attacks should “miss” them more. So, maybe gearing them out would help, but I can neither confirm or deny any of that. Maybe blacksmithing up pet gear is worth it for necros, but I doubt it. Would be cool though.

Lurgort/Sseri
04-19-2023, 02:06 AM
Just never run out of dots. They're cheap, no excuses.

True. The fact you can summon a green spectre pet is awful, unless you have the hate book.

sinnycool
08-09-2023, 07:47 PM
I use the spectre pet 100% of the time once i got it. Monk and rogue i think i went rogue 75% of the time. I would try the monk here and there just to watch a skeleton jump kick basically

Troxx
08-10-2023, 10:11 PM
EoT has superior DPS and also tankyness, its a no brainer, plus way cooler than all your previous pets. Worth it.

It is worth it indeed. Trying to chain summon a max pet when each costs a peridot, however, is about as much fun as surprise buttsecks

Your mileage may vary