PDA

View Full Version : WTF why did u kill me!

PurelyElf
07-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I think this is one of the key factors that has been missing from emu pvp.

Bring back the anti-PKs, lights (from vallon) and bluebies, imo. They added RP factors and I like roleplaying! We need less of you hardcore reds and more playstyle diversity.

Personally, I really hope they surprise everyone by turning the current p1999 server red once they reach velious (as if!). It would be good for everyone; the bluebies are already high-end so they would be able to help shape the server into something unique. I bet they'd even like pvp, and find they're much better at it than they thought they would be. It's pretty simple, really.

I miss rallos and vallon, guys :( bring back rppvp; server politics are boring when it's all about e-peen and hacking.

naez
07-04-2011, 04:30 PM
there will never be an mmo with anti-pk's again, at least not in EQ because the only people who still play are jaded asswhole sociopaths with lil dick syndrome

JayDee
07-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Naez will pk you irl and then eat your rotting carcass from the looks of his Vblog

PurelyElf
07-04-2011, 07:24 PM
there will never be an mmo with anti-pk's again, at least not in EQ because the only people who still play are jaded asswhole sociopaths with lil dick syndrome

Idk about all that, there seem to be lots of old RZers here.. And they were all about the anti thing, yeah?

Koa Bosk
07-06-2011, 10:33 AM
You want RP PvP. I have an idea, how about instead of player vs player, faction vs faction i.e. Humans can only kill races they are not friends with like Ogres, Iksars... but if you work on your faction like an Iksar helps kill Crushbone Orcs and turn in his belts and scalps his faction with the Elves would be more liked and he or she would not be able to kill or be killed by the Elves. If you do something to lose faction with a friendly race then you would be open to attack from players of that race.

Nirgon
07-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I think a lot of people initially rolled on RZ not knowing 100% what they were getting into and were classes that couldn't solo and definitely didn't "box" their chars. Hence, they had to make friends to move up.

Most people almost certainly did not roll with a full guild or "crew" then either. So yes, anti's existed from there.

That won't be happening here, probably in any grand sense. I think truces will develop though.

PurelyElf
07-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I think that item loot helped bring about the antis. Getting pk'd was a BIG deal sometimes, and brought about real anger at times. PKing and taking items were dick moves, kinda as it should be...

And y'all may not remember, but VZ was item loot for a while too. I think this is why you saw purism last much longer on VZ than TZ; your coded teammates could not take your gear and you were safe with them.

Sadly, I doubt item loot would have as big of an impact on this supposed server, because there are hardly any noobs or bluebies wanting to play :(

Koa Bosk
07-09-2011, 11:56 AM
With the item loot, what if at random you dropped one item and % of the total coin you had on you at the time, rounded up.

Knuckle
07-09-2011, 01:05 PM
I think a pvp server would be good

PurelyElf
07-09-2011, 01:56 PM
With the item loot, what if at random you dropped one item and % of the total coin you had on you at the time, rounded up.

Why a percentage? How are we supposed to make money as lowbies if we can't PK druids in RM for all they have on them?

I think a pvp server would be good

hey, knuckle, who ARE you exactly? i remember you played on vztz and frequently participated in forum pvp, but why do people believe you when you say you have secret insider info here?

vinx
07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I think a lot of people initially rolled on RZ not knowing 100% what they were getting into and were classes that couldn't solo and definitely didn't "box" their chars. Hence, they had to make friends to move up.

Most people almost certainly did not roll with a full guild or "crew" then either. So yes, anti's existed from there.

That won't be happening here, probably in any grand sense. I think truces will develop though.
Exactly,. ALOT of people on live either unknowingly joined the server (like me, cuz i wanted to be part of a team on the "TEAMS" server lol)
or were forced to because of friends/family. then said friends/family would outlevel these players
Alot of these players adapted and played well, but there was some who didnt and thats the flavor missing from Emu
I remember alot of times killin someone who would just stand there once a spell landed LOL

so i would pause the destruction ask em why arent they fighting back??
these people felt unskilled and immediately accepted death "i cant win" or "why? im just going to die"
that behavior sorta pushed me into the anti-pk realm as i felt bad for these players and friended a few and looked out for others

so live pvp servers had a diverse player base and skill range
most these emu pvp servers range in population of 20-75 maybe 100? on a good day with the boxes?? anyway its kinda low

Definately cant compare it to live, where there was 2-3 top guilds plus 2-3 mid range guilds.
but as nirgon and naez pointed out, theres a couple hardcore groups rollin here and then the semi-hard singles+wannabe's
but no more anti-pk/purists..not enough to make a impact or bring back those days on live

Koa Bosk
07-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Fine then, make it so you can take all their coin I don't give a damn. I am just giving suggestions.

But I stand strong on my main suggestions. Make the PvP a faction base PvP so there is some roleplaying. Groups could go in and raid enemy faction villages/towns/cities.

vinx
07-09-2011, 03:08 PM
need somethin to take away from the win lol

takes a second to destroy your plat/gold and let em loot the silver/copper before you die
versus trying to bag the few good items you dont want looted

plus its fun when you actually get a score! like porters/buffers who are sellin but not banking once they get to a certain amount.

vinx
07-09-2011, 03:17 PM
But I stand strong on my main suggestions. Make the PvP a faction base PvP so there is some roleplaying. Groups could go in and raid enemy faction villages/towns/cities.
K&B server has this play style.. cities you align to and defend while pillage others
havent been there since the first couple weeks.. i could be wrong and it might have changed by now

Slave
07-09-2011, 03:20 PM
No level range to killing or bust. I can deal with anything else. Except... item loot is kind of bluebie. Because then everyone just runs around in no-drop gear and the game becomes about who knows the best no-drop gear camps. Blahhhh.

***No level range, Goods Vs Evils Vs Iksar with full platinum and FULL ITEM LOOT regardless of no-drop.*** Let's Darkfall this shit up with Fironia Vie.

I think I just now invented the greatest Everquest server known to mankind.

vinx
07-09-2011, 03:31 PM
***No level range, Goods Vs Evils Vs Iksar with full platinum and FULL ITEM LOOT regardless of no-drop.*** Let's Darkfall this shit up with Fironia Vie.

I think I just now invented the greatest Everquest server known to mankind.
thread topic is about why there are no roleplayers or unskilled newbies on these pvp servers like there was back in the day.

there will prolly never be a server that attracts the population needed for such a return but your example would just come and go in 2-4 months like every other box thats been created.. with 1 top guild and another guild tryin to recruit the other 15 players on the server for a retaliation.

not a bad thing for the 20-30 that play, if you dont mind re-rolling every 4 months.
you can always make a fresh start on a new buggy box where everyone knows which exploits usually get fixed last so they can max level and JC in a week lol

Odds_against_me
07-09-2011, 05:35 PM
IMO Take it from Game of thrones Have houses you fight for Like back in UO days with CoM Minax TB SL Imp some kind of Faction house you can fight for PROBLEM SOLVED

Dalthos
07-11-2011, 02:46 AM
The thread title made me think of this pic I have of blowing people off of the kelethin bank on TZ on my lowbie druid alt. Anyone in his range would fall to their death.

"why you wanna pk me?"

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9011/kalcorfalltodeath.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/kalcorfalltodeath.jpg/)

JayDee
07-11-2011, 02:48 AM
why u pking