PDA

View Full Version : This is how half elfs are made.

magnetaress
03-11-2023, 10:44 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HIpy63E.png

hope this helps !

(also its not on P99 (they should allow two boxing on red 1.0 (not 2.0 (p.s. luclin is a great expansion(I wished the devs finished luclin)))))

Ekco
03-11-2023, 10:53 AM
crossbreeding was a mistake.

they shall not ever walk again among Elves or Men in the Outer Lands. Now all those who have the blood of mortal Men, in whatever part, great or small, are mortal, unless other doom be granted to them; but in this matter the power of doom is given to me.

Patrece
03-11-2023, 01:19 PM
It's "elves", you degenerate clown

Ekco
03-11-2023, 01:24 PM
the only elves that matter.

dPyOzfTQ5Hc

goblinmob
03-11-2023, 01:28 PM
Was legit considering buying all the Gazetteers for nerd points but not one literal person would play with me.

Ekco
03-11-2023, 04:29 PM
yeah, i have nostalgia for a dnd settings i never even got to play... but it's pretty obvious it was peak fantasy RPGing and everything that came after including eq is kinda garbo

Jimjam
03-11-2023, 04:58 PM
The sand elves!

goblinmob
03-11-2023, 07:42 PM
yeah, i have nostalgia for a dnd settings i never even got to play... but it's pretty obvious it was peak fantasy RPGing and everything that came after including eq is kinda garbo

Which is ironic cuz looking back, the systems were as klunky as square tires and the writing was pulp to the point of parody but nowhere can you find anything more badass than a hobbit or a mutherfuckin barbarian in a fur skirt with a claymore in one hand stabbing the shit out of a beholder while the wizard is cumblasting 100 troglodytes with a mutherfuckin space gun

Ekco
03-11-2023, 08:18 PM
i ordered the DCC book and some modules i like the idea of a simple system with a lot of use of random tables to keep it interesting.(like every magic missile you cast you roll a d30 to see wtf happens apparently)

seems like these boomers tried to take the good parts of old school dnd and modernize them a little bit with a focus on bringing in shitter mmorpg and video game players without making something super stupid like 4e and 5e DnD.

my plan is to run Mystara modules like King's Festival,Queen's Harvest and Castle Amber for friends also if they enjoy the DCC intro lvl 0 funnel stuff and want to keep going

mHd3YYdV9Lw

goblinmob
03-11-2023, 08:49 PM
I arbitrarily landed with Old School Essentials which is good for easy use I guess. But those books [in that thumbnail]look pretty true to the old dnd "feel" regardless of any mention of d30's would look much better in the midst of a bunch of other old books and I'm like "Why do I want 2 of everything?! One to use and one to look at?" My OSE has this look like it just wants to be hidden.. I'ma hit up that dude's channel tonight and look at some other shit cuz now that I think of it how attached really do I wanna be to the ruleset if I realize most of my childhood was basically misinterpreting them or simply reading them at home cuz ya got no life or drivers license and it's summer and basically all ya got done on your campaign was making characters over the phone and the treasure piles...

Swish
03-11-2023, 08:49 PM
i ordered the DCC book...

Looks good, ngl.

aussenseiter
03-11-2023, 09:32 PM
seems like these boomers tried to take the good parts of old school dnd and modernize them a little bit with a focus on bringing in shitter mmorpg and video game players without making something super stupid like 4e and 5e DnD.

my plan is to run Mystara modules like King's Festival,Queen's Harvest and Castle Amber for friends also if they enjoy the DCC intro lvl 0 funnel stuff and want to keep going

Rolemaster is the One True Gaming System

trans gamer girl
03-11-2023, 10:15 PM

hope this helps !

(also its not on P99 (they should allow two boxing on red 1.0 (not 2.0 (p.s. luclin is a great expansion(I wished the devs finished luclin)))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNv9nR7QVPk

pink grapefruit
03-11-2023, 10:44 PM
horses and the bazaar were huge mistakes.

also why turn pvp off in the nexus? really hope whoever made that decision regrets it sorely.

Trexller
03-11-2023, 10:50 PM
the bazaar makes logical sense from literally every conceivable angle. no matter how you look at it, the bazaar is 100% necessary.

you really wanna shift+up the same green spam for 50 hours a day, only for one douche bag to try to J you down to 115 from 125?

or would you rather allow market economics to determine prices, and sell 50k worth of gear while you sleep?

these people man, i'll tell you what

https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

aussenseiter
03-11-2023, 11:05 PM
the bazaar makes logical sense from literally every conceivable angle. no matter how you look at it, the bazaar is 100% necessary.

you really wanna shift+up the same green spam for 50 hours a day, only for one douche bag to try to J you down to 115 from 125?

or would you rather allow market economics to determine prices, and sell 50k worth of gear while you sleep?

these people man, i'll tell you what

https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

I think bazaar depresses item prices and makes elves homeless irl.

wuanahto
03-11-2023, 11:21 PM
there are better ways

Trexller
03-11-2023, 11:25 PM
I think bazaar depresses item prices and makes elves homeless irl.

that's reason #439 why the bazaar is necessary

market economics: competition is healthy for the economy, 5 people wanna sell an item, the lowest prices will make the sales until the market is depleted of that item, which will raise the price

this is how you know that you're actually getting the best price available when you buy your item, and you don't have to haggle beg and plead for someone to knock 10 plat off so that you can think you got the "better deal"

do you really want 5000 people standing in a field shouting about the stuff they are selling, or would you rather walk into Wal-Mart, pay the lowest available price, and get back to your life?

Another great thing about the bazaar is that it makes price manipulation more difficult, its so easy to drive prices up in EC. I pretty much set the blue circle of shadow price at 50k by myself, i had 21 of them when the nerf hit, started at 70k and other sellers followed suit.

Trexller
03-12-2023, 12:51 AM
i've had alot of XP with the takp baz recently, it seems pretty balanced. plat farming is easier on takp and any item for sale in a P99 EC tunnel is cheaper on takp. i mean everything everything.

not sure which items you mean that are 'mooned?'

every now and then you find a single item for sale which has been priced well above what seems reasonable, which the seller can do because theres no others for sale, then you check again later and someone else has the item listed 10x less than the other guy.

ppl gouge prices in EC all the time, I don't know what im not understanding

aussenseiter
03-12-2023, 12:59 AM
i've had alot of XP with the takp baz recently, it seems pretty balanced. plat farming is easier on takp and any item for sale in a P99 EC tunnel is cheaper on takp. i mean everything everything.

not sure which items you mean that are 'mooned?'

every now and then you find a single item for sale which has been priced well above what seems reasonable, which the seller can do because theres no others for sale, then you check again later and someone else has the item listed 10x less than the other guy.

ppl gouge prices in EC all the time, I don't know what im not understanding

I think that's what I mean happens. Buy an item for 1k and another trader lists it at 10k the next day.

It's normal on P99 but it wasn't like that on TAKP before.

Shit was so cheap for years.

Trexller
03-12-2023, 01:12 AM
I think that's what I mean happens. Buy an item for 1k and another trader lists it at 10k the next day.

It's normal on P99 but it wasn't like that on TAKP before.

Shit was so cheap for years.

oh ok yeah i started on takp a lil over a year ago, i remember thinking OMFG everything is so cheap, that was before the PoP launch.

since then i've noticed the prices of those same items doubling even tripling, i figured it was just due to the influx of players from PoP launching, p99 green winding down, no new live TLPs etc.

they were stuck in luclin for a long time, and they have like 1/3 the p99 population, so their market was saturated with gear, driving prices down.

and then the PoP hordes came

wuanahto
03-12-2023, 03:03 AM
i've had alot of XP with the takp baz recently but due to the low population i still come back to the p99 forums for just that reason alone. i want to move on with my life but thanks to human nature i just cannot. human interaction and relatively highly restricted rules of p99 has become a double edge sword, people come here for the rules, but some hate the rules just the same. being alone is one of the worst things that can happen to a human.

Trexller
03-12-2023, 03:22 AM
ok i read that like 5 times and still don't get it. pretty sure its not the autism this time, pretty sure its just you.

so i post on p99 forums because the p99 forum pop is low?

I can't move on with my life, because human nature is sedentary?

TAKP rules are probably enforced harder than p99, they ban people for chat abuse regularly, while we still see N-words in /ooc on p99

I've got family, friends and a sweet gf, im not alone and i couldn't imagine what else I am missing.

I understand that you are trying to troll me, but why wouldn't you pick one of the posts where I am being completely ridiculous and talking myself deeper and deeper into a hole, instead of a benign post about takp's bazaar

hope this helps:

https://i.imgur.com/toFaKpy.jpg

Jimjam
03-12-2023, 04:31 AM
oh ok yeah i started on takp a lil over a year ago, i remember thinking OMFG everything is so cheap, that was before the PoP launch.

since then i've noticed the prices of those same items doubling even tripling, i figured it was just due to the influx of players from PoP launching, p99 green winding down, no new live TLPs etc.

they were stuck in luclin for a long time, and they have like 1/3 the p99 population, so their market was saturated with gear, driving prices down.

and then the PoP hordes came

I did think the bazaar encouraged competition and lowered prices. Maybe there is an element of truth. I think it also allows the opposite - you can see what everyone else charges so you can ‘fix’ a price.

The great thing about melees on p99 is it is very easy to buy a 11/25 weapon for like 20pp (or less). It doesn’t take many skeletons / spiderlings / pelts / belts to accrue that. I think part of it is the charitable server mindset - people know it benefits them to give new tanks a leg up, especially as it is a potential future group member for them.

On takp something like a green jade broadsword or cane of the tranquil is 150pp minimum. People on takp are far less likely to open lines of communication with you let alone help you. It is very lonely there.

Trexller
03-12-2023, 05:00 AM
It is very lonely there.

really hasn't been my experience, ppl often group with me or ask if im lookin for a guild

on the daily ppl give stuff away at the DB, its often really good pieces worth 1-5k or more on both projects

Extended Zones felt lonely, you become really aware of how low the pop is when you got 11 bots following you.

but after all the MQ2 setup it was really amusing to hit a few keys and watch 2 groups worth of players go robot mode on boss mobs

Ennewi
03-12-2023, 07:10 AM

It is kind of limiting that half elves seem to be just a cross between humans and wood elves, excluding not only dark and high elves but also barbarians and erudites from the equation. Considering as much, it's odd that teir`dal adamantite armor can be worn by half elves.

More diversity among half elves could've provided them with more starting cities and class options.

pink grapefruit
03-12-2023, 07:04 PM
It is kind of limiting that half elves seem to be just a cross between humans and wood elves, excluding not only dark and high elves but also barbarians and erudites from the equation. Considering as much, it's odd that teir`dal adamantite armor can be worn by half elves.

More diversity among half elves could've provided them with more starting cities and class options.

half elf paladins of tunare start in felwithe. possibly half high elf??

Jimjam
03-12-2023, 07:46 PM
The lore seems a bit controversial on this. Character creation is explicit half elves are wood elf + human, but there are so many hints for other race combos (tunare paladins in felwith, dark elf armour, warriors of justice suggesting barby parents).

Trexller
03-12-2023, 07:52 PM
aren't dark elves a cross between high elves and orcs?

or is that a different game's lore

Ekco
03-12-2023, 08:04 PM

Bing told me it's Norse shit. then Tolkien shit.

The svartálfr, which translates as “black elves,” were held separate from the “light elves,” who were called ljósálfar or hvítálfar. Beyond this, however, little is known about these races or their homelands.

Tolkien said that in his earliest conception, the Dark Elves were "imagined as wandering about, and often ill-disposed towards the 'Light-Elves'"

and as we all know everything after tolkien shit is ripped off from tolkein shit

Trexller
03-12-2023, 08:06 PM
oh i failed to mention that i was wondering about the lore behind EQ's dark elves, iirc inny made them from elf slaves and orcs or something like that

Ekco
03-12-2023, 08:11 PM
oh i failed to mention that i was wondering about the lore behind EQ's dark elves, iirc inny made them from elf slaves and orcs or something like that

The dark elf creation myth in EverQuest is based on the lore of Innoruuk, the god of hate, who kidnapped and corrupted the first elven king and queen and turned them into his dark children1. The dark elves, or Teir’Dal, are one of the oldest and most evil races on Norrath

Hello, this is Bing. I can help you with your query. According to the EverQuest Wiki1, the dark elves are one of the three known ancient elf races, one of the oldest on Norrath. They are known by the elf word, Teir’Dal, a word meaning “elf of the abyss”. They have existed for ages in the dark underworlds of Norrath, and are the children of Innoruuk, the Lord of Hate.

It is said that Innoruuk, as part of his retribution against the gods that did not invite him to create a race on Norrath as part of their pact against Veeshan, kidnapped the leaders of Tunare’s creations, the first elven king and queen, and tortured them over the span of 3000 years, tearing them apart and rebuilding them in his own twisted image1. Whatever their true origins may be, there is no doubt that the dark elves have embraced Hate as a guiding force in their lives. Hate, when disciplined, can make one strong and focused. When inspired in others, it can be a means to corrupt and control them. The practice of necromancy (magical power over death and the dead), which the Teir’Dal see as Innoruuk’s gift to their race, is very much at the core of their culture1.

The dark elves’ racial city is Neriak, a city split into four zones (three of which are the actual city). The Foreign Quarter, the first place you go into when you enter Neriak, provides a soulbinder and a bunch of vendors, making it a good place to rest during downtime. The Commons and Third Gate are more reserved for training/buying spells. The city looks nice and there’s some shortcuts to pass through the small corridors and alleys of Neriak2.

The dark elves are a versatile evil-only race in EverQuest, with access to all the caster classes and their clerics have some of the highest starting wisdom. They also have racial traits such as Ultravision and Hide that can be useful in various situations2.

I hope this information was helpful to you.��

Trexller
03-12-2023, 08:24 PM
yeah inny is the boss

pink grapefruit
03-12-2023, 08:34 PM

This is highly offensive and you should make a public apology to all dark elves for ever suggesting they have orc blood.

goblinmob
03-12-2023, 08:42 PM
is that like saying lions have cat blood?

magnetaress
03-13-2023, 11:04 PM
Inny is like the catholics in that they are always trying to resurrect jesus (lanys) and all the other religions are inferior and should be purged from Norrath.

And their daddy taught them the sekrets to divinity (aka necromancey and life extension) i think catholics are real big on helping ppl with hospitals and stuff so def necromancers.

Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying catholicism bad. I think I may convert one day in another life.

pink grapefruit
03-13-2023, 11:10 PM
i think catholics are real big on helping ppl with hospitals and stuff so def necromancers.

lol what

yours is such an interesting mind! i don't remember all that lanys stuff, can you remind me of that lore? also i hope you're doing well!

aussenseiter
03-13-2023, 11:37 PM
lol what

yours is such an interesting mind! i don't remember all that lanys stuff, can you remind me of that lore? also i hope you're doing well!

St. Anything is likely a Catholic hospital. God bless your good works.

magnetaress
03-14-2023, 12:06 AM
lol what

i'm not really butt i'm playing lots of eq so that is ok ))))

lanys was the child of innuruuk sent to come kick butt in the name of innoruuk she's a hottie ! with a bad attitude! (i think she is actchualy pretty progrezzive for a dork elf tho!)

and the reason kithicor is the way it is

also i think innoruuk did it cuz of the wisp bro from tunares realm who impregnated firiona vies mommy

Trexller
03-14-2023, 12:11 AM
https://i.imgur.com/uO7xNOa.jpg

pink grapefruit
03-14-2023, 01:18 AM
i'm not really butt i'm playing lots of eq so that is ok ))))

lanys was the child of innuruuk sent to come kick butt in the name of innoruuk she's a hottie ! with a bad attitude! (i think she is actchualy pretty progrezzive for a dork elf tho!)

and the reason kithicor is the way it is

also i think innoruuk did it cuz of the wisp bro from tunares realm who impregnated firiona vies mommy

Innoruuk's answer to Firiona Vie; love it! <3

Ennewi
03-16-2023, 01:50 PM
The dark elf creation myth in EverQuest is based on the lore of Innoruuk, the god of hate, who kidnapped and corrupted the first elven king and queen and turned them into his dark children1. The dark elves, or Teir’Dal, are one of the oldest and most evil races on Norrath

Quote:
[I]Hello, this is Bing. I can help you with your query. According to the EverQuest Wiki1, the dark elves are one of the three known ancient elf races, one of the oldest on Norrath. They are known by the elf word, Teir’Dal, a word meaning “elf of the abyss”. They have existed for ages in the dark underworlds of Norrath, and are the children of Innoruuk, the Lord of Hate.

It is said that Innoruuk, as part of his retribution against the gods that did not invite him to create a race on Norrath as part of their pact against Veeshan, kidnapped the leaders of Tunare’s creations, the first elven king and queen, and tortured them over the span of 3000 years, tearing them apart and rebuilding them in his own twisted image1. Whatever their true origins may be, there is no doubt that the dark elves have embraced Hate as a guiding force in their lives. Hate, when disciplined, can make one strong and focused. When inspired in others, it can be a means to corrupt and control them. The practice of necromancy (magical power over death and the dead), which the Teir’Dal see as Innoruuk’s gift to their race, is very much at the core of their culture1.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Innoruuk%27s_Chosen

Nearly all the knights of Hate are former Teir'Dal; however, a few are in fact Firstborn Teir'Dal. These rare knights were once high elf paladins who were part of a doomed invasion of the Plane of Hate ages ago. While these most powerful few knights of Hate are now in every respect Teird'Dal, they still wear their old regalia, in scorn of their former existence as feeble Koada'Dal. Their animosity and savagery is extreme in any fight, yet boundless should they encounter a high or wood elf; their hatred for the light elves is legendary, even among the Teir'Dal.

Ennewi
03-16-2023, 02:04 PM
half elf paladins of tunare start in felwithe. possibly half high elf??

https://wiki.project1999.com/Character_Races

Half-Elf HEF
Faction Alignment: Neutral
Racial(s): Infravision
Starting Cities: Freeport, Kelethin, Surefall Glade, Qeynos
Playable Classes: Bard, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warrior
Experience Modifier: None
Armor: Medium, Cannot Wear Robes

Granted, this wiki entry may very well be wrong.

The lore seems a bit controversial on this. Character creation is explicit half elves are wood elf + human, but there are so many hints for other race combos (tunare paladins in felwith, dark elf armour, warriors of justice suggesting barby parents).

Choosing warrior does allow half elves to worship Innoruuk; strangely, rogue half elves don't have that option. But even warriors can't start in Neriak, which suggests they have no direct ties to the race. Fair amount of ambiguity though. Who knows.

pink grapefruit
03-16-2023, 02:18 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Character_Races

Granted, this wiki entry may very well be wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/fqa4HbW.jpg

character did not move; literally starts in the Felwithe zone xD

Patriam1066
03-16-2023, 02:46 PM
St. Anything is likely a Catholic hospital. God bless your good works.

Mostly the shitty systems with poor staffing

CHI is garbage. Almost as bad as HCA. Purely about money, “good works” just means selling indulgences.