PDA

View Full Version : Rooted mobs Ghosting towards you

SantagarBrax
03-02-2023, 04:29 AM
There has been an improvement and the ghosting effect of the mobs has lessened significantly, however, it's still present.

This is a graphical bug that is eliminated by moving your character slightly. If you do not move, the rooted mob will not appear on your screen yet you can still cast on it, etc.

SantagarBrax
03-02-2023, 04:39 AM
Additionally, the ghosting effect only occurs around 30-40 locs away and closer instead of 100+ previously.

Stape
03-02-2023, 10:28 AM
Not only is it a graphical bug but, if a mob is rooted in motion, the server see the mob in motion until it is approached in melee range. So all dots applied to a mob that is rooted in motion are only doing 2/3 damage until the mob is approached in melee range. Ongoing 3 years now.. just think if melee weapons did not proc until the melee tagged the mob, run out 10 yards and then back in..

Jimjam
03-02-2023, 10:56 AM
it's not just rooted mob that ghost towards you, casting mobs do ghosting as well.

Sometimes a pathing mob will stop to cast a spell then ghost to where it would have been had it not stopped to cast.

All sorts of craziness.

SantagarBrax
04-27-2023, 01:22 PM
This problem has worsened. Now, they are ghosting from farther away again, over 100+ locs and the server correction time when you move your character is no longer instant.

You have to move a few seconds to show the correctly rooted position/mob.

greblhad
07-25-2023, 07:59 AM
Not sure if this is all ghosting mobs, but in PoM the mob can become oor if you close to and begin to cast. You need to be fairly far away when it ghosts for long cast nukes to land. Once the mob is below 20% health the ghosting behavior stops

greblhad
07-25-2023, 09:08 AM
It appears that a fizzle stops the ghosting behavior.

On an unrelated note I don't seem to be able to edit my post more than once, which seems odd to me.

Ennewi
07-25-2023, 12:01 PM
On an unrelated note I don't seem to be able to edit my post more than once, which seems odd to me.

There's a time limit. Not sure on the exact number, but want to say between 5-10min. If editing before the first minute or so, it won't even leave an indication that the post was edited.